MtG Spoilers

Just posting the same shit we've seen earlier today but giving us a fresh thread to do it in.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/kaladesh-mechanics-2016-09-02
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>As an additional cost to cast ~, return a permanent you control to its owner’s hand.

>Counter target spell.

>Choose target creature. Exile the top card of your library. You can make ~ deal damage to that creature equal to the converted mana cost of the exiled card. If you do not do that, you may cast the exiled card until end of turn.

They could've made it UU with that downsite or something. I guess if you use it with something cheap that has a good Enters the battlefield trigger its ok.

Kumar what the hell are you doing?

I just noticed how many robes people wear on Kaladesh. Which would be totally fine, if it wasn't for the fact that almost everything either has spirally hooks or exposed gears for them to get stuck on.
And getting stuck in a machine seems like a bad time.

Also posting some of the fun stuff we get recently.

Just imagine if this thing had affinity.

>ajani still wearing elspeths cloak

They're wearing their best clothes for the inventors fair, not practical ones.

How is that device supposed to work? The sand falls to the bottom of the hourglass and then the gyro flips it over obviously, but what makes it do that? Logically the sand being on top should make it flip not the other way around.

>Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

>Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your opponent’s control, you gain 1 life.

The question is, will haste be prevalent enough for people to even run this as a sideboard card?

My money's on 'no.'

I might just test this in affinity.

>"Surprise meowtherfucker!"

>create

???!!!!

Well it would absolutely shit on splinter twin. possible unbanning?

That's the new shorthand for "put an X creature token into play"

>almost strictly better Despoiler of Souls
I'm okay with this.

"create [something]" is the new replacement for "put [something] onto the battlefield".

Just new shorter wording.

Why the fuck did they change it?

Now we're going to have new players wondering if it counts as an ETB when the old text made it clear.

>Cancel with a downside as KTK rotates out

>"Hey you're tapped out on your endstep and I have 4 mana, mind if I win now?" ever being unbanned
No

still can't invent Bonespitter, eh?

why make it worse?

KTK has been out for six months.

Gentlemen, we have finally seen the day where wotc thinks cancel is too strong for standard.

If there was any doubt that NWO existed, it's gone now.

To make it sound more natural and less wordy. Its that same as "dies"

Ramesh, didn't you throw this out?

No evasion and can't spread power.
The only other creature in Affinity like that is Memnite. It's the same reason Prototype doesn't see any play.

Because Ajani isnt in the justice league and thus is weaker than Gideon. Get with the times friendo

Honestly I think it's less that they think it's too strong and more that they think ETB effects on cheap creatures are something a blue deck might want to recur.

I wouldn't doubt either.

To create a different limited environment. It wouldn't see play in constructed either way.

This new block pattern still manages to confuse me, then.

>Hey, when you create a token, does it count as entering the battlefield?
>Yeah.
>Okay, cool.

Wow, that was an ordeal.

Control got too much representation in the DTK-BFZ-SOI meta recently, so control's tools are being toned down to create a less toxic playing environment.

Yes, but "dies" got changed with triggers too.

Cards still say "When/if X enters the battlefield"

Did you think this was implying Unsummon was too strong?

i wish i had a magic related slowpoke image
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/kaladesh-mechanics-2016-09-02

See
Its not fucking complicated

This seems like it might be fun to pop in a madness deck, but madness decks are already fairly long on 1 drops

probably to save on text box real estate. "create" requires a lot less text than "put onto the battlefield."

>Yes, but "dies" got changed with triggers too.
What changed?

Almost certainly, blue is getting more and more hatred for its staple control spells

Creative Spark is so bad. Half the time you're going to hit a land and achieve nothing but spending mana, and another fraction of the time you'll hit a card that isn't large enough to deal damage and you don't want to or can't cast.

Just as Red is getting more hatred for staple burn and Black is getting more hatred for kill spells.

If you're worried about hitting land, play it before your land drop so you can at least pllay the land.

Up ahead on the sign it says THE TIMMY ZONE

>Why deal 3 rather than 4 damage?
Kaladesh has a hidden "Power 3 or greater" theme going on. Most Fabricate cards start at 2 power, so the decision to go wide or tall matters. In turn, this means the best toughness to have is 4 because it blocks the bigger creatures. And this means removal that hits creatures with four toughness will likely be absent.

haha that flavortext tho

Its ok for limited I suppose or a deck that can exploit an ETB effect. I'll stick with pic.

I bet this piece of shit will see play.

>aether is gas

I'm still expecting there to be something like Morbid in Aether Revolt that cares about token creation.

Compare:
>If you created a token
>If a token entered the battlefield under your control

i mean it seems pretty fine in limited, to say the least

Fun fact, Peel was originally printed in Ravnica.
You knob.

In limited sure, but I have a feeling this will see play in standard. Not that I am happy about that, but its not like red has much else to do in this New Timmy Order.

I think you'd be surprised. I get the feeling haste will become undervalued with the introduction of cheap or efficient vehicles.

I am actually kind of looking forward to this block after seeing the modules and a few of the better vehicles. Halfway tempted to jam an ovalchase dragster into an infect deck.

i could see that happening, but since create is only for tokens and triggers are usually for nontokens or everything, I'm not expecting it.

>3/3 3cmc with haste
>uncommon
Nice

>Timmy cannot understand how to play around counterspells, make them unplayable so Timmy almost never has to deal with them

>Timmy feels sad when the black mage casts doomblade on his 8 mana durdler, make kill spells worse so Timmy doesn't have to feel sad

>Timmy doesn't like it when aggro decks and burn decks kill him before he gets to turn 8 to throw down his fatties, make burn weaker so he can reasonably reach 8 mana with no acceleration every game

>Timmy likes playing white, they're the good guys, give white the best removal because Timmy likes the look on his opponent's face when he kills their big guys

>Timmy likes green, it has big numbers. Every efficient creature should be green to facilitate Timmy's enjoyment of the game

What a time to be alive

Your point being?

It's still a choice to reprint that over unsummon

>1 mana cantrip that sometimes kills a creature is bad

Jesus, I knew us older players were spoiled by older set power levels but seriously?

>flavortext
I never knew I was a gremlin.

I want one of those damn gremlin dicebags.

Here's your haste, red

:^)

Oh great, anti-mill card, just what we wanted or even needed.

>standard will be forever g/w/x at this rate

how.. amazing.

Fucking kill yourself, good forbid we have two protours in a row without burn being in the top 8 and red players have fucking hissy fit, yes the burn is bad on the plane where Pyromacy is illegal and no this shit card won't see play outside of limited

You're acting like a child and ignoring the fact that they printed good red cards and aggressively costed red cards in this set

>Pia
>chandra
>inventors apprentice
>the 3 mana 4/4
>harness lightning

>this card is unplayable now because it can be countered for U
Why do people try to play such a bad color just because it was good in past blocks

Gremlins are just Atogs without the signature ability

>we should gut this colour in this set for flavour reasons
Go to bed MaRo

No one is going to run the 1 mana counterspell just to counter void shatter, colorless spells need to get really big for them to become worth a mainboard slot

White re-animator confirmed

But torment was good right? Why cant we do the opposite?

so many strong women in this set

Shut the fuck up you pansy. I didn't say the card was unplayable

>Anything worse than bolt is unplayable

And since the control crowd piss me off just as much

>Anything worse than counterspell is unplayable

>Any of those cards except of Chandra
>Worth shit

Fucking kek

You're so fucking delusional that you think Lightning Strike that only hits creatures is a "Good and aggressively costed card"

>"B-B-B-B-BUT ENERGY!"

>Implying I said Torment was good
Nice putting words into my mouth. Now hand over the fucking Lightning Strike reprint and no-one gets hurt.

reprint

While I am on your side regarding burn players' bitching, there is literally zero reason to not have burn in any set. Burn could have been fluffed as lightning or superheated aether or a cannon or an explosion.

Why, yes I'd like to reanimate the 10/10 dude from my graveyard on turn 4.

>>Anything worse than bolt is unplayable
Actually, just lightning strike would be fine thanks
>>Anything worse than counterspell is unplayable
Nah, a manaleak reprint would do fine.

>>Anything worse than bolt is unplayable

LIGHTNING STRIKE YOU FAGGOT

L I G H T N I N G S T R I K E

A CREATURE ONLY LIGHTNING STRIKE IS N O T A PLAYABLE CARD YOU UTTER FAGGOT

Do you not even fucking play this game? Do you just sit on tg and bitch while ignoring the meta game because fucking blue is played in almost every deck, hell so is red

Temur is the most common card combination besides b/g(which is a control deck)

>b-b-but monoU

Mono color decks are almost never a thing, that's how this fucking game works you God damn fucking retards

A three mana 3/3 with haste and no downside is about the curve you fucking Mongoliod, I wish shitters like you guys would stop playing this game

>Temur is the most common card combination
Mr. 40% "Big Four Oh" Bant would like to have a word with you

You cant have searing spear (clearly a better card than lightning strike), but you can have magma jet At sorcery speed and no scry and it cant hit players

Gremlin planeswalker, when?

So red got its efficient haste card, why are you still mad enough to bte obvious bait?

>"Emerge decks are splashing red for literally a SINGLE red card"
>"CLEARLY THIS MEANS THAT RED IS TOTALLY HEALTHY AND VIABLE"

This is delusion on another fucking scale.