SUDDENLY AJANI

SUDDENLY AJANI

How is he going to be able to just walk around? I mean Kaladesh doesn't have anything that looks remotely like a cat person, it would be like a cat person walking around in the real world. Dudes gonna get mobbed

You're right. If it was Ravnica, he could pretend to be a strange invention of the Simic, but they don't have bio-tech on Kaladesh. One way or another, I think the Planeswalking secret is out.

This shit was so much easier back when planeswalkers could change form at will. Bolas Did Nothing Wrong.

that is some nice flavor text

He can just pretend to be the pet that someone lost, walking around like a kitty

Almost as good as suddenly-developing-an-addiction-to-hyphens

>oh sweet jesus it's a lion get in the vehicle!

>"...no Kumar, we can NOT keep him as a pet."
>" Aww but Ramesh, what if I kept him in my room?"
>"Kumar he's seven foot tall, the only way ty could fit him in your room is if you folded him up and stuck him under the bed."

thanks ajani

>still wearing Elspeth's cloak

Hooray for interesting non-Jacetice League lore

Parallel to the Inventions Fair, there's a furry-con not too far from there.

I mean where are they gonna go after Bolasworld? Ajani's been getting a plan together all this time. Elspeth's happy ending is coming.

>"Mighty lion-man descended on the city guard and in an instant even the main street became designated."

Oh you.

Look at their fucking faces. LOOK AT THEM

>WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS MONSTER

I assume Kaladesh has Rakshasa.

Whose going to stop him?

So can someone please tell me how Ajani found Kaladesh? Are Wizards about to pull some sweetcorn ridden shit out of their ass about how Ajani has been to thousands of planes, or how he and Chandra had a hitherto undermentioned heart to heart in the past or something? Characters are meant to have their own knowledge in their head, not have the entire storyline's worth of knowledge.

>Once again the flavour text is a snappy "gotcha!" one liner
It's the kind of pseudo-humour that really unfunny people come up with.

>Planeswalking douchebag leaves
>Ajani comes to Ravnica to get their help in KILLING EREBOS
>Gideon is having flashbacks and curled up in a corner
>Jace says they'll help if he can go make sure the girls come back from Kaladesh safely.
>Ajani arrives just in time to suddenly Ajani all over the consulates.

Those are present in Tarkir,and are a sort of demons. I don't think there are leonin on Kaladesh,so Ajani has spilled the beans hard here.

Ajani was noted even before Scars, that he traveled around a lot he had made friends with Leonin all around the multiverse so the idea that he found Kaladesh on his own isn't too unlikely.

That makes no sense though. Why would they help a non-interplanar threat on Theros when they didn't want to help a non-interplanar threat on Kaladesh?

Gideon likes Theros, Chandra doesn't like Kaladesh.

People would assume some sort of magical monster before anything. Interdimensional alien wizards is rarely the first guess.

A planeswalker is in danger, and perhaps Ajani knows about Ashiok mucking about Theros.

Because that "we don't want to deal with intraplanar issues" excuse is probably going to be the first rule they break.

I don't know. Kaladesh art we've seen until now shows that the fauna of the plane share some patterns and structures on their bodies, and Ajani wouldn't seem like just a monster; he's an anthropomorphical,talking lion warrior. No way they're mistaking him for a construct,for example. Maybe a demon,'cause they're also present on Kaladesh, but no way they're just gonna shrud and think it's just another day in Ghirapur.

Well Chandra, Liliana, and Nissa have already broken it. The irony being that the UG legendary bitch has invented portal technology that Tezzeret is going to steal and bring to Bolas. Bolas can then use Phyrexian oil as a weapon to wipe out planes.

>Implying Tezz just won't chaos dunk it over her head.

>Ajani hates Bolas
>Tezz works for Bolas
>Tezz is on Kaladesh
>Ajani is on Kaladesh
>Next set is about Bolas world

Probably this.

> Ajani wrecks the trap set for Chandra.
> "Thanks for helping me, lion man!"
> Ajani gives his best cat face.
> "Who the fuck are you? And do you want to help me punch Tezzeret in the face for the good of all free peoples?"
> "CHANDRA SAYS YES"

THOUSANDS OF TH-wait no

Iirc, they know each other.

Really? I wonder from when. I've having trouble thinking of a time that Chandra and Ajani would have been in the same place.

They hung out after the group photo shoot.

God, Lili's old design is fucking atrocious. I'm glad they finalized her as pale and pretty instead of that eerie rag-headed mulatto skank.

I think she fought Bolas with him

Ajani's the only member of the Lorwyn 5 not to have met any of the others in canon yet.

Really? He wasn't there are the consortium when they shit on his simulacrum?

>I'm glad they finalized her as pale and pretty instead of that eerie rag-headed mulatto skank.

Watch your language mah boi. Some of us liked the Latina MILF vibe

He was never anywhere near the Consortium. The planeswalkers he's interacted with are Bolas, Sarkhan, Elspeth, Koth and Kiora. There have been no stories yet where he's interacted with any other walkers.

Huh. Well, then this should be fun.

>>Next set is about Bolas world
We're returning to Dominaria?

He only ruled a fraction of Dominaria and was ousted long ago.
Amonkhet is a plane he straight up rules as a god-king.
Even glimpsed one of his priests awhile back.

>Ajani isn't in Egypt doing the trials to be a warrior.
Gay.

Do planeswalkers necessarily have to care if people know planeswalkers exist and that's what they are? I get most people don't know because walkers are rare and some are inclined to keep it a secret because they're all scheme-y.

>egyptian god-king
You literally could have just said pharaoh.
Also, I'm now hype for that set. Fuck designated artifact street.

Oh holy shit the crown I didn't notice

Is this guy actually good in dredge, or is he newbie bait?

He's amusing trash. Shit ain't a may too. And he targets.

>like two bucks
My jank dredge just found a new toy.

I wonder how much that card went up when people spotted the Bolas thing. I do not remember it being that pricey.

HOLY SHIT, that cannot be just a coincidence.

Who the fuck reads flavor text anymore?

No idea.

You know the Jacetice league is going to defeat Bolas and liberate the plane, right?

Yeah but Ajani's going to be there so it might be cool.

>defeating Bolas
>ever
merely a setback

>MY METHODS ARE TOO SUBTLE FOR YOU!

>Consul is passing by the petting zoo
>Notices the enclosure's full of construct cats
>Notices that one of the cats is, in fact, a a giant cat man pretending to sleep
>Turns to his guard. "Oh great, it's this fucker we've been hearing about, go deal with him."
>His guard is suddenly Ajani.
>MY TACTICS ARE TOO SUBTLE FOR YOU!

So, none of the decks play white except one?
What point are you trying to make?

iPhone is shit, this is the only way to get the file from my desktop to the "photos" app without a cable since it can't just fucking download the file from Google Drive.

You're using Veeky Forums as a file transfer service?
That's pretty sad.

This isn't a thing I regularly do, I just need to post this to kik to try to get Cocksuckers LLC into pauper.

And, to be my own advocate, transferring files in a usable manner between an iPhone and anything not made by Apple is notoriously inconvenient. I looked up how, saw like twenty thinly-veiled ads for some fucking app, realized I could just do this.

No Tezzeret interactions?

There's no masquerade to uphold for planeswalkers. Most people simply don't know about them.

I imagine it's what people without any sense of humor thinks a joke looks like.

What colors will Ajani be in Æther Revolt?

All of them.

naya, he's from there, so he might as well get mad. its either that or mono white

>uses the ligature.

Kekekekekek

>that
>an axe
that's a polearm, possibly a glaive
fucking WoTCucks

Mono-white because the last mono-white walker was in bfz!

Naya

Mono white for one very simple reason. His outfit in the art posted by OP is completely white. Usually they try to make the colors of the outfit of the planeswalker the same colors of the mana cost. Mentor of Heroes had some green highlights standing out while this one here is white on white on white.

This is why I like Ajani more than Gideon. Fucker just explodes from nothingness fucks everything around him up then after everything is dead contemplates what fucking color mana he should wear to his next ass raping.

Well yeah. The planeswalkers are no secret and there have been countless numbers of them from each plane over each planes history. They are only what was stated one in a million? and then one in ten actually spark. Thats a lot of planeswalkers at any given moment on any plane.

Its just that many dont know what exactly they are. Most just assume they are some kinda mage and leave it at that.

Daxos fucked that up hard. He got her returned and split her mind from her body. They are going to bust Erobuses door down only for him to shrug and say she fucked off.

I think one can like both very much for very different reasons. Ajani is a guy who can be calmness incarnate and then go into berserk manlion mode. Gideon is pretty much a constant middle ground with some mild dips and spikes here and there.
I hope the two of them meet and become friends. Talking about Theros and the dick gods, about Alara and specifically Bant because that's where gid and Elspeth are from, maybe even some badass sparring.

I hope you guys realize and will accept that his planeswalker card will be pretty bad because white has been dominant in Standard for so long. He will be shitty life gain walker that costs too much mana and gains too little life.

You know this is why im going to miss the core sets. They have hidden gems like t his that you dont realize are a thing until much later. I love the hidden spoilers.

>Crown is in Bolases style

Man they were planing this shit for YEARS.

He sees some fringe play in Dredge. Both Legacy and Modern versions though he's a very spicy card in Legacy versions and it's very rare to see it there. Sees more play in the Modern versions.

>Man they were planning this shit for YEARS.
Literally no. Good strategy 101 is about leaving as many options open as possible.

You know I'm wondering how bad his blue balls are right about now. How many years has it been since his fucktoy got obliterated and locked in hell?

Just because they plan dont mean they used it. For all we know they have 20 different planes and story outlines done. They could sit forever before they decide its time to use it. They coulda slipped this in and then waited 15 years to use Amonket. Amonket could have just been sitting on the design room floor as "Egyptian plane the Bolas rules." untill they said "Hey! Lets use this now get the writers on it!"

Best walker confirmed.

I understand they work on like four or five sets in advance, in different stages of planning, and probably have even more in basic outlines and notes.

Not him but fine, let's say that they had all this shit planned.

It's still garbage. It's still a storyline that revolves around a bunch of the most powerful individuals in the world going around and stepping on each others' dicks.

And now finally, they've taken a page from the Avengers and brought everyone together, and that's not a play on the Justice League crap that people have been spewing, that's just a fact. But that has only just recently happened and it doesn't disregard the fact that the plot for the past decade or so has revolved around godly douchebags instead of just plain old interesting settings with some interesting stories.

Tezzeret actually left Alara before any part of the block story happened. And at that time he was working against Bolas for the Consortium in Ravnica.

>want to make a gremlin deck
>trying to come up with ways to let Salivating Gremlins and Territorial Gorger contribute

I was thinking the Module combo, but that's a lot of deck space used, and only Thriving Grubs actually eats energy. Hope there's more of them in the set.

I too prefer Lili's new appearance, but I do like what they were going for with her originally as a Middle-Eastern/Northern African witch queen (even though very few artists seemed to be able top pull it off).

Personally I'm surprised we haven't seen an Atog clone yet.

based ajani

Did you fucking even READ the Test of Metal? Or are you retarded and consider it not canon somehow?

It's probably better to keep it a secret so that you don't accidentally help create the next Yawgmoth by telling some kid with aspirations to be a dictator that there are more worlds outside his own.