>atheist irl
>plays a paladin

Uhm, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nT2qRdffNik?t=1m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=wL7lEwD1uGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beta Ray Bill

Being capable of separating yourself from your character is one of the fundamental principles of writing a narrative or individual.

Why not? Aren't roleplaying games all about playing people who are different to you?

As an agnostic, I love playing people of faith in RPG's. Faith is something I've never really felt in reality, so exploring it in a fictional context is fascinating.

>Faggot irl
>Is OP

Uhm, probably.

>white male irl
>plays a non-noble

uhm, no?

I'm a atheist and I have huge disdain in how our society works.

I usually play paladins, warriors with code of honor, "For the imperium", and/or law & order characters.

>the same thread again for the third day in a row
I'm fascinated at this point. What are you hoping to achieve, OP?

Here's the relevant image

Daily reminder that paladins are not clerics with bigger swords and technically don't even have to be religious. They're only strictly religious in Golarion. For sure, they will probably be religious due to being medieval knights in shining armor, but you're not any more a Paladin of Heironeous than you're a Rogue of Fharlanghn.

Now please remake this thread but about Clerics instead. Bait is fine, propagating dumb memes about how D&D works isn't.

Immortality: Memehood

Well in real life there isn't a demonstrable god, in fucking RPGs there is often demonstrable gods.

Stop forcing this meme.

>dog-owner irl
>picks a bobcat as his animal companion
Uhm, no?

Veeky Forums! DARE YOU NOT DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM?!

>fat fuck irl
>plays a fit person

Uhm, no?

>be me
>be atheist
>play DtD
>play as one of the literally divinely powered Chosen

Why the fuck not?

>"hurrr i ka'nt see god so that mean's he do's'n't' existed durrrr checkm8 kristuns durrrr"

Why is the atheist mind so facile? No wonder all of the greatest minds of history have belonged to men and women with deep religious convictions like Sir Isaac Newton, Leonardo Da Vinci and Rene Descartes.

More bait pics.

>copypasta thread that keeps getting deleted by janitors
You idiots need to stop posting.

You might want to look up the word "demonstrable", son.

Holy shit, this fag took the bait.

GO GO!

GOTTA REEL THAT SUCKER IN!

This. I'm an atheist and I like playing clerics, because supporting role and questions of faith interests me. I see no dissonance in this.

>Fat, ugly, socially repulsive in real life
>Plays a charismatic half-elf bard

Uhg... really? REALLY? *sigh* I just... I can't even. Can you just... like... not?

I WANT TO BELIEVE IN GOD
I DESPERATELY WANT TO HAVE AN ETERNAL FATHER TO LEAN ON IN TIMES OF TROUBLES
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT

STOP FUCKING SHAMING ME

Ill second that, Christian here and I often loath playing faith based characters. I play RPGs to break away from my real life. Hail master class wizard.

We had this thread yesterday.

This. I don't believe in religion but I still find it interesting and like the idea of what amounts to a crusader with a hilarious amount of damage potential.
>smite using a level 3 spell slot
>Charger
>+5 strength
>Great Weapon Fighter
>Great Weapon Master

Can reasonably expect to do 66 damage in a single turn, 86 if you actually take the -5 to hit penalty with great weapon master at 5th level. Fucking glorious.

Anybody else notice that OP never replies in his bait threads?
It's kinda depressing that he's so shy.

It's been 3 days already?

Like clockwork.

Why wouldn't you want to play a warrior who can turn their sword into a light elemental sword?

He probably samefag as a sucker taking the bait.

He would only need to reply if the thread wasn't getting attention. But there will always be an idiot who is so triggered by OPs inane commentary that he'll take that bait hook line and sinker.

>bumping the thread
nice try OP

In most D&D campaign settings, gods are proven to exist.

Not believing gods exist in the real world doesn't mean you can't understand the idea of fictional gods in a fictional world.

>GrannyWeatherwax.txt

Sage because bait thread.

youtu.be/nT2qRdffNik?t=1m12s

Can you seriously be this fucking autistic?

or at least understanding that your character is living in a different reality.

Like I get the player who is a genuinely nice guy, and for the life of him can't play a mean character.
That guy was also devote (but not pushy) Christian, but had no problem playing a worshiper of another god in game. Because the Christian god didn't exist in that world, and these other gods did.

>plays a wizard
>can't use magic irl

I wish people would just, like, stop. I mean, hello?

Can you seriously tip your fedora any harder?

It's a fucking trilby, why can you assholes not tell the difference?

So I suppose I can only play humans, then?

>GrannyWeatherwax.txt
Eh?

I haven't read enough Discworld to get the reference here.

In that paladin's world the gods are no more or less real than he is.

Atheists in most fantasy settings are as illogical as theists in our world, but with the added problem of their being wrong being something actually provable.

That's not related to the Athar planescape faction, whose issues with existing powers are that they are not worthy of our worship, rather than that they aren't at least nearly powerful as they say they are.

I don't know why I came in this thread but I'm glad I did. I love this image.

Why not? Most Americans are christian, but most D&D characters are pagan.

>Atheists in most fantasy settings are as illogical as theists in our world, but with the added problem of their being wrong being something actually provable.
This kinda ties in to a ravenloft character idea I've had. In ravenloft, the existance of most gods is up for debate. Except Vecna. Vecna exists. He is a head of state. If you want, you can walk to Citadel Cavitus and see Vecna give a speech.
So my character idea is a very sad neutral good ex-atheist who now worships Vecna because he very plainly exists and to deny that would be silly.

I thought Vecna escaped from Ravenloft when he became a god. Does he go back to his old prison after becoming divine?

Reminder that if you're a xtian and you play ttrpg, you should quit the hobby and save your soul before it's too late:

youtube.com/watch?v=wL7lEwD1uGI

Shy shitposters are cute! CUUUUTE!!!

Hook line and sinker.
You took that bait way to easily.

Wherther a god (or multiple) exist is a question that doesn't have a definite answer because our understanding of the world is fairly limited and we aren't able to find any evidence.

There are no absolute stances in science so the awnser is always agnostic I.e. there might be a God but we can't prove or disprove it.

Nah, but any given ravenloft game is probably going to be in 2e times anyway.
While Vecna wasn't a full on god back then, he was a demigod, and could grant spells to clerics and so on.
And besides, a ravenloft character wouldn't know there are more powerful gods outside Ravenloft. To him, there's only one god that exists.

>Faggot
>Posts the exact same thread several times in a row
Uhm, kill yourself?