Warhammer 40k General

"Yes the mega is down for the other PC users too" edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/black-library-live-2016.html
imgur.com/a/5Tk6j
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nth for Malal

Old thread:
Let's not go there it's a silly place.

>Grey Knights are a psyker race
>ML1

What's everyone working on? Play any fun games, or have some coming up?

I'm personally working on a Stormhawk Interceptor, trying to finish it up before our narrative campaign on Friday.

Any good alternatives to the chaos spawn models?

They're not a race, they're a faction you git.

True, but CAD doesn't get me Obj Secured Land Speeders and I love my flying paper coffins.

>GK
>race

At least they're any mastery level, unlike the Eldar, who are suppose to be the psyker race.

>Orks are a horde race!
>Basic infantry is 6-11 ppm

>Eldar get the new rule:
>Psychic Master Race: each Eldar unit gets the Xenohood of Psyker (Mastery Level 0) special rule and generates 1 Warp Charge, are treated as being a Psyker and can never know a Psychic Power, unless a Warlock, Spiritseer, or Farseer.

>40k is a good game
>only like 4 out of 30 factions are playable

Suddenly Tyranid warrirors become the bane of Eldar.

>He doesn't put 150 boyz down in a 1000point game.

What's the general gist of Traitor's Hate? I wasn't here for a few weeks, and take the picture of Angron's car as an offering.

For every basic choppa boy you put down i can put down 2 fearless zombies with a 4+ fnp :^)

better than before, still not good

Could Eldar and Orks become chaos cultist and chaos champions like Humans?

Specifically with the Eldar. Will demons not give the Eldar the chance to even do their bidding? Could an Eldar follow Khorne to spite Slaanesh so Khrone gets their soul or does Slaanesh automatically get dibs on fall Eldar sould no re or take backs?

Time to get Culecuck'd, xenos scum.

Puts CSM in mid-tier with the formations.

Can they shoot? Hold Objective? Be taken without special Characters?

do they have obsec?

2bh running like 500 plague zombies would probably do ok in the competitive scene since youd just cap everything

Do we have any information on when production of Betrayal at Calth will stop?

I'm considering a third.

Help me.

>a marine tries to use a weapon not originally designed for marines
>finger can't fit into the trigger guard

It's not going to stop.

Anyone going to the Black Library live event?

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

So the Chaosfags are going to get this boon taken away from them in a few months because the Chaos Gods are still sadistic abominations? Other than that I meant fluff wise.
Odd.

Forgot the link.
blacklibrary.com/black-library-live-2016.html

>Ob sec

If you're in a cad, yes

>Special character
If you give your Demagogue (mandatory hq) covenant of nurgle, zombies are troops

Orks uses to, Eldars can but it's just another guy they'l feed their soul to.

Ideas on what Thousand Sons stuff including Magnus and Rubric variants we could get in Fenris 2: Dusty Pupper Boogaloo? Apart from joke responses about "Muh Hatred and Soul Blaze".

Rerollable invulns, preferred enemy space wolves, Inferno bolts for everybody? Perhaps as long as Magnus is still alive, Rubrics come back to life if entirely destroyed? Or d3 rubrics come back to life every turn?

Thoughts on using a 1/35 Panzer IV as a Predator replacement? Thinking of magnetizing the Schurzen as an Extra Armour option, and/or incorporating the sponson guns into the skirts; I'm thinking something like the sponsons on the Infernal Relic Predators.

i heard the most powerful daemon princes are originally crone eldar

>Orks uses to

You mean still. Recent stories have Orks succumbing to Chaos corruption.

Savage Orks in Armageddon that nested near one of Angron's Monoliths were corrupted by Chaos, for example

why would they come back to life? they're fucked if their armor is opened and spaghetti is spilled

>Can they shoot?
You say that like ork boy shooting is worth a shit

>tfw when they're really fired up!

>Black Library live event?
id rather watch paint dry

>Tyranids are a melee race
>No frag grenades

Wishlisting?

Cabal of Ahriman, Arhiman and 8 (or 9) Chosen, must take MoTz, they get free +1 ML making them able to get to ML3, manifests Tzeentzc on 3+.

chaos eldar are said to be quite powerful and daemon princes could be anything before they powered up. with that said it's a slim chance of orks being daemon princes since gork/mork keep a very strong hold on them (though thuska's boys are pretty much daemons)

>Eldars can but it's just another guy they'l feed their soul to.
Even tho it wouldn't make any fucking difference if i was a Dark Eldar i'd probably worship Khrone just as a fuck you to Slaanesh.

It's canon that Rubrics' souls can be resealed in their armour. Would be childsplay for Magnus to do so.

My boys kill thunderwolves on overwatch.

>Would be childsplay for Magnus to do so.
Any TSN sorcerer can do it with the lesser rubric, only take a intact armour and a progenoid gland as reagent.

Yeah and my nobz have killed a wraithknight on the charge

Doesnt mean it wasnt a fluke

>since gork/mork keep a strong hold on them
Wait now that you mention it what's up with Gork and Mork anyways? Like wtf, are they Chaos gods themselves?

Fuck yeah, that'd be cool. Having cheaper sorcs would be great. No spell familiar would suck but you'd have them be much cheaper than sorcs so that'd be balanced out I reckon.

2W sergeants, access to additional mastery levels, easier casting, spells worth a damn (Divination especially), Relentless as long as their is a Tzeentch Psyker in the unit.

>tfw flesh hooks gave you frag grenades

They are Gork and Mork,
They manifest in the warp but stand apart.

but i don't believe he can do it on the run like necrons reassemble

It's a permanent thing? Because most of their other board games stop relatively quick.

good question, they're warp entities on par with the dark gods if they bothered to stop fighting each other

Nah. They ain't edgy. Khaine's edgy but that's because he's an Eldar God but he's not Chaos edgy.

Looking forward to see what kind of waifu the Emperor has

Whats a cool way to turn my leman russ into something a bit more different from my average tank (gonna make a squadron leader) without extremely difficult and or expansive conversions?

Yeah? well i put MY Nobz in a naught this one time

And it was as unbeatable as Phil kelly said it would be

A lot of luggage on the outside. Tank commander hanging out. Ornate paint scheme and/or painted decorations on the hull.

You should do those things away, nothing worse than a plain Leman Russ.

If you want the really easy way, aside from standard markings give the paint job a cool stripe or something.

While it is infinitely more badass than any tank GW can ever come up with (FUCK YOU SIDE SPONSONS), I don't think it will blend in well with regular 40k marine stuff.

any tank conversions i've ever made have made me regret them later. shit breaks when you transport them, they prevent the turret from turning 360 degrees etc.

>tfw like two units can take flesh hooks

Yeah pretty much, they're even bringing out a sequel.

Well he's a 10k+ year old Daemon Primarch sorcerer in service to the god of magic. Willing to bet if a lesser sorc can do a ritual for it with a reagent, Magnus can snap his fingers and do it honestly.

Would such a rule make Rubrics good and maybe even competitive?

>Genestealers

Hahahaha

IIRC they were stopping production to make space for the sequel, which is themed around the Burning of Prospero.

If Magnus was competitively priced and effective? No. Thousand Sons are just way too expensive for what they can do. The Aspiring Sorcerer needs a big boost, and this lackeys need a price drop.

No, they are not.

Chaos Gods are said to be the most powerful and dangerous beings in the Warp.

Also Gork and Mork are currently fighting against the daemontides. They are not putting a dent in Chaos's doomtrain for the galaxy.

We already know her name. She is Alivia Sureka.

Really? I mean fine they are expensive but they are also AP3 at 24" range and have a 4++. They're damn hardy from my experience and with Traitor's Hate, you can grants them Ignores Cover. Making them replenishing every turn (kinda like IWND but for bodies instead of wounds) would make them Necron-tier tough. More than enough time to kill their points in MEQs

Will this be any different than Argel Tal and Cyrene?

Is she a person of colour?

If you could take rubrics without the attached sorc and costed them about the same as a regular marine with the caveat that they can't do anything unless they are within a certain distance of any sorc they'd be more fun. Also a special rule allowing you to purchase an extra regular sorc for every unit of rubrics you have in your army.

Depends. Were (Ancient) Greeks white?

How to equip 3 units of death company?

What should be done with the rest of the list in 2000 points?

If two chaplains are mandatory to the detachment, should I just spring for the third one and give 'em one each?

I would assume them to be as swarthy as moden ethnic Greeks.

Absolutely.

>1KS Rhubric-naught
AP3 TL Reaper AC and Combi Bolter
5+ Invul

>1ks Sorcer-naught
Exactly what it sounds like

>Rhubric Termi
2+/4++ with AP3 Combi
Lead by Termi Sorcerer

>Rhubric Marines
have weapon options like AP3 Reaper AC, and combi

>Warp Pods
Drop pods with similar rules to mawlock deep strike ie they are meant to land on units

Lmao everyone in that photo is British.

remember thousand sons from many years ago?

fuck yeah ASSBENDER

angels blade english leaks
imgur.com/a/5Tk6j

3.5 had them with blast bolters instead of AP3 didn't they? Along with 2W each.

how was that done?

tried the csm terminator annihilation force today

won against guard but man... it's really hard to use, would really be cool if I had something to prevent scattering on deep strike

blast templates? no i don't think so. but before that i think they were immune to anything but S6+ weapons unless i'm confusing them with plague marines

Maybe I'm (a bit) dumb but where can I find the rule that I can crimson slaughter codex units for the black crusade detachment? In the book it only mentions the normal chaos marine codex.

inferno bolts used to do blasts yes, but they were a character upgrade. 1k sons did have 2 wounds though and i believe in 3rd they couldn't be wounded by s3 or less

you're not missing anything; crimson slaughter is separate and it's own thing so it can't be taken with black crusade

How do I put regular Lasrifles on Scions for regular Carapace Armour Guardsmen?

I don't want their arms to look out of place by putting regular guardsmen arms on them.

>what is dimensional key

But seriously, I agree with you.

Hey, I got two units of Vanguard Veterinarians today, and I was planning on equipping one unit with lightning claws and the other with power axes and storm shields.

But then I checked online, and it seems like the more sensible thing to do is not upgrade every member and end up wasting points? If so, how many in each squad should have each equipment set? Or are my equipment set ideas dumb in the first place? Don't wanna assemble then realise I fucked up.

It's going to be Iron Warriors, and the whole thing is going to have a distinctly German feel.
>Rapier Batteries made with PaK 40 field guns
>Dreadnoughts already look like dieselpunk Nazi engineering
>I have a few 1/35 Stahlhelms that fit nicely on CSM heads
>Pic related for Skitarii Dragoons

If I go ahead with the Pz.IV conversion I might also make a Stug IV Vindicator. Sturmtiger is the more obvious choice, but I want to play with that 'common chassis' theme. Which of course raises the question of what the fuck am I gonna do for Rhinos...

Competitively, the answer is you don't take vanguard veterinarians at all. If for fun, build whatever you think looks cool.

Mm, I'd like to have my vanguard vets perform reasonably well for vanguard vets though.

I did know that the meta is bikes instead of jump packs, yes.

Alright, go for it then. Still iffy about the sponsons mounted on the Schürzen but power to you if you can make it look good.

Incorrect.
The Black Crusade detachment specifies that it uses Chaos Space Marines. Crimson Slaughter tells you that any CSM detachment can be a Crimson Slaughter detachment

SO does the Black Legion

>Some people online actually mad that Abaddon beat Kharn and got him to submit

I think Kharn was just overhyped for so long. Going by what we see in this fight, Abaddon was clearly holding back. He was faster and stronger physically than Kharn. He could have ended the fight at many moments but he choose not to. In mean read the fight. Instead of impaling or rending Kharn with the Talon of Horus, Abaddon constantly balls it up and punches Kharn with it or use it to backhand him.

Heck, he even grabbed Kharn's unprotected Arm with the Talon. Instead of crushing it or mincing it within its grip, he just casually lifts and throws Kharn to safety.

This was not a fight between equals at all.