EDH/Commander General

Internal Revenue Service edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godos-speed-metal-concert
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahijis-pillowfort-arena/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type= ["Legendary"]&text= [artifact]&color= ![G] ![W]
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-16-dont-touch-me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post em

QUICK POST WEIRD ENCHANTMENT CARDS I'LL START

>8 mana tokens
Yech

Putting it on a utility land might be neat I guess

Best friends with this guy

Here's a good one.

Favorite.

Oh, I can help!

>Guild Feud
>Five Alarm Fire

Also, this, while useless, is one of the fancier looking foils I have.

Red is very excellent at bizarre old enchantments

Making this one stick with an "all creatures attack" effect and a Glacial Chasm out is pretty phenomenal

>seven mana

why not something like dual casting?

More like 8 since you need to tap 1 for the trigger

Weird, yes; weird while still being good, no

Less cost if it sticks. And much more likely to stick compared to an aura that has to be on a creature. Plus, the restrictiveness makes it very fun to build around.

It is certainly bad, but with cards like Terminate, Putrefy and Beck and Call, the value you gain from the cheaper trigger cost is significant compared to similar cards like Mirrari.

Man these threads are slow recently

Is it because of spoiler season? I don't remember them being this slow last time around

I don't go on Veeky Forums very often any more since it became more like /co/.

Also, all my decks got stolen.

Lookin' for some advice on this here deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godos-speed-metal-concert

Been testing and I feel like the mana curve is low enough where I could drop a couple lands in favor of some more rocks or something

Im planning to get this for my grouphug deck.

There was a massive influx of shitposters, which caused a lot of older posters to leave.

I'm still here, but really there's 7 people in this thread, when during the summer there was 50+. Maybe I'll chalk it up to spoiler season too.

or that art some kind of tentacle vore, or what's going on?

combine it with pic related.

I'm lamenting over what little disposable income I have being locked up when I want to build a new casual 60 card deck.

I have a huge wad of 20's from my last part time job and my college campus is in the middle of fuckall nowhere, New England where there isn't an ATM that can deposit to be found

/blog

Oh wait, arboria still allows them to do shit if they play lands, so it's not a complete shutdown.

Banks exist user, the nice lady behind the counter will surely help you

It's my waifu.

I'm not talking about the girl.

red just had a lot of weird stuff in general

Any of you chucklefucks planning on going to GP Atlanta?

I'm planning on putting that one in my RU chaos deck I've been looking to put together. It'll be glorious.

>Ok, step up, step up ladies and gentlemen, we have here, an AVACYN!
>You heard me right, the one and only Avacyn, right here at our humble auction, and we're starting at the low, low bid of 0 life!
>Yes, the gentleman playing the Olivia deck is going for 1, do I hear a 2?
>Karlov goes for 12! That puts the original owner out of play since he only has 12 left, but there's 2 other people looking to get a juicy indestructible machine like her!

Let's artificially design the legendaries to be total shit to sell our 4c decks.

Also no UR legendary artificer in the UR artifacts block.

Finally a use for this

>There was a massive influx of shitposters
In /edh/ or on the board in general?

It's sad that red doesn't get neat enchantments as much. The one they printed last year with the 5/1 trample on every turn was good though.
I haven't been on as much since I moved. Much less time for shitposting. I'll be damned if I miss spoiler season though.

I want to build a deck taking advantage of the ninjujitsu mechanic and play a bunch of ninja and shapeshifters. Obviously its dimir but what general should I consider for it?

Most people do what's her face, given that she was designed for that ninja planechase deck.

This right here...this was helpful...

We have fun

Vela

For the 99

Please help

These just take way too long to put together.

>wizards had one job...

>wizards r&d - "so guys the community really want a UR legendary for edh, this is the perfect set to do it"
>mark toiletwater - "nah we really need more sol ring reprints with new art, it hasn't been reprinted in almost a year and it will sell more packs"
>wizards r&d - "but...."
>mark toiletwater - "just give them a UR walker and make a mono blue legendary"
>hasbro executive - "oy vey make sure the aetherborn are gender fluid, we need to keep tumblr happy and tell out isis affiliates to stop filming themselves throwing homosexuals from buildings, its an election year and we need our woman to win"
>mark toiletwater - "yes masters"

How fun or effective Discard can be on EDH?

What will be the best colors, or would mono-black suffice?

Oh goodness I didn't even know this was a thing! Thanks guys!

>fun
Approaching 0%.
>effective
In the same way Jund is.

Probably a long shot but are there any cards in existence that say something like, "If a permanent you control would be exiled, it's put into your graveyard instead." Or something like that? I doubt there are because it would be hella overpowered but I figured I'd just ask.

In fact, there is. Pic related.

Shit I didn't even think about sacrificing. Thanks user! Now if only it were a legendary artifact...

That would be powerful if it was a 2 or less cmc card. It'd be a sideboard card for modern decks probably. To be honest, I'd prefer a 4+cmc artifact that said "Cards cannot be exiled".

helloooooooo staple.

I put one in every single deck

Well actually now that I think about it I guess that still won't work for what I want to do. I realize now that what I want to do is simply impossible. Oh well.

Exiling shit as a cost?

Underrated

Nah I was trying to come up with some extra turn tech for Sisay using pic related. Basically you use Sisay to tutor out Ugin's Nexus, Glissa Sunseeker, Bow of Nylea, and hope you get Gix through extra card draw by that point, then do the following:

>Tap for 5 mana and destroy Ugin's Nexus and gain an extra turn
>Pay 1 of 5 for Claws of Gix to sac Nexus and put it in the grave instead (my memory of how Nexus works was wrong and this is the step that makes it impossible)
>Pay 3 of the remaining mana to shuffle Nexus back into your deck
>Do whatever else you want on the turn
>Untap everything on your second turn
>Tap Sisay to search Ugin's Nexus
>Repeat the process forever

But the fact that Nexus is always exiled any time it would go to the grave prevents the sac from working because it still goes to the grave anyway. I was remembering it something like, "When Ugin's Nexus is destroyed, exile it instead." But alas, it's not meant to be.

Forgot pic of course

Probably the closest you can get, put it on an isochron sceptre or something

Yeah, no dice. Pretty strict wording for that exact reason.

I guess this is an option but it'd be a very long shot type of thing cause it adds two more untutorable cards to the combo. Probably not worth the slots in the deck.

Christ on a cracker, help a nigga out

Uh so is this just an "the game ends in a draw" card unless your opponent is playing strictly mono red burn or some other obscure wincon?

Alright, I'm reading it, but I am a casual Timmy. Grafted Wargear seems bad. The unblockable except by walls seems better than trailblazer. Blade of Selves is amusing useless with Godo. You could probably afford some more colorless utility lands.

Not enough dudes for a deck with a 6 mana general and 20 equipment.

For my grouphug deck, another agro deterrent or "pls don't attack me while I just create more tokens here and lifegain"

Silly Timmy. The Blade of Selves is for ETB triggers on Godo to fetch out more equipments.

>useless with Godo
Untrue. It is amazing with Godo, since you still get the ETB trigger before the copies die to state-based actions. Grafted Wargear is mainly there to buff for a free Equip cost, but it could probably come out for something else.

I could probably drop some Equipment for more backup beaters. I like that Prowler's Helm suggestion

I brainstormed a multicolored tribal deck some days ago inspired by some Cloven Casting storytime with Riku at the helm. It's probably shitty but it had some funny interactions when I played against the IA on Forge.

I do the same thing too.

Got me there.

Can I see your list?

>Enchantment removal
>Blood Artist effects
>Debt to the Deathless/Exsanguinate
>Bounce it
>Play another World Enchantment (dies to World rule. Seriously, that's a thing.)

If a deck can't win through Arboria, the deck is built wrong. If 3 decks can't win through Arboria, I want to know what the fuck is going on in that meta.

Isn't Augustin going to get hated off the board as soon as you play him?

Expedition Map might be helpful for getting your Command Beacon or Valakut when you need it most. I don't play much Voltron, but 19 Equipment seems like a lot, maybe cut the less vital ones for some backups and a Scrap Mastery for when the inevitable Vandalblast drops from someone else who has it

yes, but playing efficiently means there are taxes plus several layers of removal before you can get to him

Hoy, any cards I'm missing in my Pillowfort/Tokens Gahiji deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahijis-pillowfort-arena/

You cats get anything in the mail today?

It was a Horde of Notions deck full of elementals and split cards. It is all gone, stolen. I'm planning on making a full gold tribal thing once I get the funds for the mana base, since the old list was being pulled in too many directions.

One thing for sure, there is a lot of fucking great gold removal. You end up playing a weird control deck (oh duh, 5 color control) and you can pick whatever for your win condition. Mine was elementals, but I think stuff like Knight of New Alara with Glint Eye or something would be more fun.

less this and more
>we have this UR planeswalker, we can't also have a UR legendary that'd give too many cards to UR

I just can't justify the money to buy a Blightsteel...

I got a metalworker and a Blighsteel about a week ago. Still need to get that Grim Monolith. Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, and Mox Opal are also on the to-get-list, then I believe my mana rock package will be complete.

Why blightsteel with Daretti?

Just because it can't be welded back into play doesn't mean it can't be ramped into play.

Easily castable turns 3-4 with haste

I went Riku because of the double-casting attached to him+plus it's already hard to ramp into some multicolored stuff so managing 5-color seems very difficult

Holy crap why haven't I seen this card before I love it

Quirion Ranger
Wirewood Symbiote
Japanese Joraga Treespeaker
Japanese Void Winnower
Chinese See the Unwritten
Foil Chinese Yeva, Nature's Herald
Wirewood Lodge
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
Priest of Titties.

Not in the mail, but I drove about an hour to a much better store for singles and finished out my Yisan deck

Are there any good Rakdos/Grixis artifact generals besides Marchesa/Mishra?
I want to a deck I can play my husbando in.

>Yisan
Yeah dude I bet playing the exact same game every day for your entire life is super fun.

I need a Crypt

And a Gauntlet of Might

Fair. I just don't like generals that need to be killed on sight, because then I never get to have them in play.

show me on the doll where Yisan touched you

We do Commander tournaments at my FLGS, and I wanted a more competitive deck. Sorry I triggered you, user

black really does not interact with artifacts
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type= ["Legendary"]&text= [artifact]&color= ![G] ![W]

Legendaries in standard sets also have to work in standard yo

>some more colorless utility lands
Like what?

Shattergang Bros mite work

Well, assume you don't go off with Godo. You have a mind's eye. Wouldn't you want a Reliquary Tower? Or if the game goes long, a Maze?

The new red haste land is good too.

lighthouse is a foil

Good points all. I forgot about the haste lands like Flamekin Village and the new one.

Would Need for Speed be a terrible idea?

Elspeth, Sun's Champion senpai. Finally got here.

I've really want to build a burn deck with this and proliferate/gilder bairn shenanigans but it just seems clanky and pointless

Whatcha buildin' with those?

Just finished my Oriss prototype decklist. The idea is to get creatures that can block any number of creatures to have enchants on them to keep them from taking damage, giving them vigilance, and Oriss for backup. Slight stax theme as well.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-16-dont-touch-me/

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You probably would be better off with decent cards that happen to have firebreathing.

please tell me it runs thieves auction, perplexing chimera, and conjured currency

The legendaries aren't THAT horrible. Rashmi is perfectly playable, even as a slightly gimped MW. Depala would be okay if not for the lack of Dwarves and Vehicles available to build a deck around. Kambal feels like an easy fit into any Orzhov lifegain deck as the 99, and Padeem the same in any U/x Artifacts deck. The only really garbage ones are Gonti, NuPia, and Oviya.