The Master of Mankind is coming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=017FD-rZTIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ADB doing Emperor
Next up, Horus was actually right and the Emperor is killing mankind.

Good, the truth must be shared

>ADB

is one of the good or bad writers?

Good writers. Most of people like his work but here in Veeky Forums there are about 2 guys who hate his because it's edgy and then there are the clueless parrot.

>ADB
Daddy issues and the Emperor being a stupid poopy head who is bad and wrong and the new snowflake is right and good

He's a guy who loves to right edgy but vilified characters and all of his books has a Chaos bent. See: Sevatar.

>Big reveal:
>He was Mr Rogers all along

Mostly good.
No ones perfect but he has more ups than downs.

>edgy
>good

overall good but he then to favor the villains and makes them always on the right side

like retconing the traitor primaches negative traits

He's a good writer and writes likable characters, but ultimately he kind of pushes the "Empire is bad/Chaos is misunderstood and justified" angle too much.

>like retconing the traitor primaches negative traits

He made them sympathetic and developed their characters beyond the cardboard cut outs they were before but he didn't make them any less flawed.

It's things like this that makes m think that Veeky Forums doesn't read the novels.

he's okay as far as black library goes

I don't like his writing, he sticks the same shit in pretty much every book, often to the detriment of the rest of the story.

>"Empire is bad/Chaos is misunderstood and justified"

Cite examples. If it's from an in-verse perspective, then it gets automatically dismissed. For example. Talos thinking the Emperor is evil is just his in-verse opinion.

For all the people bitching here, Laurie Goulding did call Master of Mankind ADB's best writing
So I'm moderately hype

No he ruin them

lorgar is so much better as a smug little shit

>Horus Heresy past book 5
Hype level: -5/10

>lorgar is so much better as a smug little shit

Cite lore that came before the HH serirs where Lorgar was a "smug little shit".

I very much dislike much of the Horus Heresy series, and I particularly have no positive feelings towards the cg covers.

But for whatever reason, this one works for me.

It's because of the Emperor's glorious visage.

Laurie Goulding is not a very good judge of quality, so I'd damper your hype a little.

>ADB

Will he give the Emperor a cute female sidekick?

HYPED
Y
P
E
D

You know it.

Has there been much fiction from the Emperor's actual perspective? I thought he was one of those characters they tried to keep kind of distant and aloof

He already has an entire order of cute sidekicks.

Didn't they already do that? She's the one guarding the warp gate from where the Emperor got his power, right?

Well duh

some, but it's quite limited and mostly from a very long time ago

>modern BL in charge of the Emperor

But they can't make witticisms and have humanizing conversations with him.

Thanks lads, preordering this shit.

ADB is a good technical writer - he can get very into a character and interaction and make everything feel 'real' with a good pace to his plot. However his early acclimation and interaction with Veeky Forums and the B&C forums let all his praise go to his head, and nowadays while he's still a decent writer he's also a screechy faggot who's not above churning out 400 pages of 'my super special OC donut steel is the best bestest at everything forever and is totally the one actually responsible for everything being like it is' (See Argel Tal and Kharn as an exampe). He also catches flack - not undeserved - for seemingly plastering a kind of pastiche of daddy issues onto the Emperor, constantly having him act almost inexplicably terrible and blaming every negative aspect about his favorite factions (NLs, WEs, and WBs) on Evil Dad's influence. (read up on the destruction of Monarchia - it wasn't a thing until ADB got his claws into the story.)

Goulding's a fuckface who got publicly assblasted when people praised the fluff writing of the Forge World books over BLs and started screaming "THAT'S NOT CANON"

Matt Damon being some sort of immortal being is the best thing to happen to 40k

They are still writing the Beast Arises and this shit yet no new Ciaphas Cain books.

Mitchell your already a lazy cunt and your telling me that using the ctrl+v is to much now?

fuck you the best thing to happen to 40k was the invention of space hulks and terminators and genestealers

This is about when I stopped defending this garbage.

Sort of interesting to see what appears to be Eldar architecture in the background.

>Goulding's a fuckface who got publicly assblasted when people praised the fluff writing of the Forge World books over BLs and started screaming "THAT'S NOT CANON"

Why would he do that?

It's funny people try to create rifts between how FW covers the Heresy and how BL does without realizing that they're one in the same and the only difference is the scope. FW seemingly takes a wider view of things while BL covers characters.

>Space Hulks
>Lets send big guys into tight cramped warp twisted space ships full of the nastiest xenos around
>Also use C.A.T.S instead of flying servo skulls

We all know the Catachans are the inventions of 40k

>not sending big guys to do everything
>not thinking treads make servo skulls 100% more adorable

C.A.T seems like it's probably capable of doing more.

I dont know man maybe the Death Wing just use shit ones since they ALWAYS need to be recovered

huge traitor bias, daddy issues and mandatory waifus

so this will be interesting

>lets send in little hover things into a structure that can have fluctuating gravity, so that they can smash into the floor or the ceiling
>lets send lightly armoured dudes into cramped spaces where their agility serves them no good since there's no place to take cover

Brilliant!

there isn't going to be anything from the Emperor or malcadors pov

so far confirmed pov characters are some blood angel and one sister

Space Hulk did have Storm Trooper rules :P

Dont people complain about muhreens? I would think traitor bias would be a plus with some faggots

Which are among the heaviest dudes available to non-Marines.

not officially, no

it had official rules for regular guardsmen

those rules showed you why they send terminators in

WELL ACCORDING TO MUH VIDEO GAMES YOU CAN HAVE VALKYRIES AND LEMAN RUSS IN SPACE HULKS

In some of the bigger ones you probably could..

Eh

I never really liked the idea of Space Hulk kinda bummed were getting yet another video game for it

Argel Tal and Kharn being bros was great, it makes what they became all the more tragic

OK I get that King got kill by a perpetual, but why Matt Damon specially?

Because the perpetual that killed him was named "Matt" Damon Pryantis.

A perpetual didn't actually canonically kill Martin Luther King Jr. right? Tell me I'm being memed.

Nope. It happened.

JFK too.

Because the perpetual was named Damon and acted like Jason Bourne.

on the orders of aliens.

Why would the Aliens do that? Did they want Helter-Skelter to happen?

>A perpetual didn't actually canonically kill Martin Luther King Jr. right?
It's stuff like this that causes people on Veeky Forums to ignore fluff.
But yes, it happened.

>Martin Luther King Jr. killed by a perpetual

What?

Your telling me the writers of the Horus heresy series made it so a perpetual was behind almost every big assassination in the timeline?

I know 40k is crazy and all but what

>Demystifying the big E
REEEEEEEEEEE

No matter what this will only damage the lore.

40k is even more retarded than I thought.

Speaking of Perpetuals, is Ollanius Pius now a Gulf War veteran, among other things? Was he secretly Mike Vining the whole time?

>Martin Luther King Jr. was killed by an immortal assassin on the orders of aliens

>mandatory waifus
What waifus?

Yes, though he was actually fighting for Saddam as a T62 driver.

There are people who will defend this.

They thought a race war would wipe us out or something, they obviously forgot humans are always on race war mode.

>fighting for Saddam
Huh. I wonder how he even got in with Saddam. His appearance here seems more white than Iraqi.

>Ayys are behind BLM

Im jst going to stick to Ciaphas Cain holy shit

Sandy might copy and paste shit but this is to much for me

I still find it hard to believe someone actually wrote that and said "Yes, this is a great idea and I'm happy to have written it."

ADB catches a lot of shit for being a huge Chaos fanboy (despite owning no Chaos army for the tabletop since he went Space Woofs and AdMech), but I think he'll do right by this since the perspective won't be told from a Chaos POV like his previous works. At the very least it'll get a better treatment from him than Gav Thorpe or James Swallow would have given. Imagine THAT horror.

I'm surprised Carnac hasn't shown up already

It's implied. I dont see the problem with it tho

You know what's cooler than one immortal being guiding humanity from the shadows? A whole bunch of immortals guiding humanity from the shadows! Emperor? Pfft, he's just some guy who turned to Chaos. Pius? Yeah, he's immortal as well, fuck your heroic sacrifice, it was his Destiny(tm), because prophesies and shit are cool. Russ wasn't a murderhobo, he got tricked by Horus to do exactly the thing the Emperor, the one dude he'd follow without question, told him not to do.

Don't you faggots know anything about market appeal and IP? Christ!

People actually thought that was a good idea?

Ill just stick to the short story books BL shits out compared to this madness

>a race war
>In one country
>Destroying humanity
Wait, what

>ITT: people getting rused over the possibility that Eldrad had MLK Jr killed

You girls are so hysterical.

Whole point of butterfly effect is even the smallest thing can change the future.

If stepping on a butterfly in 65 million BC can turn all of us into fish people not killing MLK could also change a lot

I like ollius being a perpetual though

but thats it

This is entirely possible, depending on how big they were.

but JFK too?

Next your telling me the Black Hand was a xeno organization to start WW1

It's never said why they ordered it, this part is just speculation

It's a passing statement by damon prytanis who says he had to kill a "good man in memphis" and felt sorry about it. It's a single sentence

>the Black Hand was a xeno organization
Boy, have I got some news for you.

>Implying it wasn't
And you know that Clinton and Trump are both perpetuals taking orders from the Cabal as well.

This.

Also, why wouldn't elves hate niggers?
They represent everything they hate about the mon-keigh turned up to eleven.

No, that was just a rogue perpetual.

>implying Trump isnt just the latest form of the God Emperor come to guide us

In a way it sort of makes sense in how it plays into the Cabal's desire to wipe out humanity in order to defeat Chaos. If I recall correctly they wanted Horus to win for a similar reason, they saw humanity under him eventually wiping itself out.

Is it out there? Yeah, but I think people on Veeky Forums blow it out of proportion.

Obviously changes when you come into contact with other species.

Majority of BL authors seem to be from the UK, honestly would not be surprised if they were unfamiliar with the weight the situation carries.

>Pius? Yeah, he's immortal as well, fuck your heroic sacrifice, it was his Destiny(tm), because prophesies and shit are cool.

They did entirely to pander to people, you probably among their number, who took propaganda as fact and screeched when it was a Terminator or a Custodes filling the role. So to actually have the thing make sense and plausibly explain why a normal human didn't get absolutely destroyed by the things lurking aboard the Vengeful Spirit, they had to shine him up a bit.

Always remember that even though BL put it into motion, they only did so because of the fans.

>Russ wasn't a murderhobo, he got tricked by Horus to do exactly the thing the Emperor, the one dude he'd follow without question, told him not to do.

Horus was supposed to be the voice of the Emperor, it's the entire point behind him getting elevated to Warmaster. I can believe Russ thinking that what Horus' says either comes from the Emperor or echoes his thoughts.

An unstable US would be dangerous.

youtube.com/watch?v=017FD-rZTIs

As the late great nigger Tupac once said

you wonda why they call you bitch
You wonda why they call you bitch, I bet 'cha.

He also killed Vulcan. Apparently the cabal just hates niggers

>An unstable US would be dangerous.
Okay, but I still don't see how a race war in the 1960s US would lead to human extinction unless the Slavs went full retard. Did the US military even have black military personnel with access to nuclear launch codes at the time?

>yfw Damon thinks about the time the Cabal had him kill the "good rapper in Vegas"

So are the Cabal the fucking Illuminati,Demons,The Brotherhood of NOD, and fucking xenos?