Are humans carbon elementals?

Are humans carbon elementals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VurQhn-Kn30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop

If we were composed of nothing but carbon and magic. Then yes.
Put down the bong bro

No. We would have to be completely composed of carbon and animated by magic.

Just a thought: diamond elemental would be rad.

By mass, we're more oxygen than anything.

Carbonmancer quest when

Graphite elemental would be cooler.

I always liked the obscure "Extract Water Elemental" spell, which rips all the H2O out of a person to make an elemental.
Naturally, ripping 60% of your bodyweight out is lethal and leaves a desiccated husk behind.

>tfw we can't eat graphite or diamonds to grow our body mass
why live

Seems like a quick way to make a dry lich

Graphite is edible (in the sense that eating it would not cause any immediate complications and it would be digested) and consuming large quantities of it would increase your body mass provided you don't expend sufficient energy to burn it off (as would eating anything else that isn't toxic).
Probably tastes like ass though.

Wouldn't be better to just eat carbonized toast?

I thought we are more water than anything?

Except that we can't metabolise graphite or diamonds, so it increases your body mass for the period of time it takes for it to pass through your gut, then your shit looks weird.

Water is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. While this may seem like the mass would be mostly hydrogen, you must remember that hydroge's atomic mass is less than half of that of oxygen, meaning that in terms of true elements, water is in itsself mostly comprized of oxygen.

We're actually lie elementals.

I thought humans were depressed miniature enigma elementals.
A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU!

op isn't a brain elemental, thatsfersure

>le ebin periodic table elementals XD

Seriously fuck off with this. It's an indictment against this board that all you fedoras insist on your fantasy being like totally just normal BUT WITH MAGIC ALSO

don't be silly...
a carbon elemental has potential to be so very frightening.

imagine if you would, an amorphous sphere of blackness so complete that it stands out in the deepest of night or the darkest of caves(vantablack) light doesn't escape it, it's so black that it taxes the mind. now it extruds arms so tough they cannot be hewn, not torn from it's body with fine sinews tougher than a great cargo-ships hawser(CNT fibers). these arms are tipped in claws, near invisible diamonds formed for a purpose, points for skewering, edges for rending(Diamonds bitches). it feeds on the carbonized leavings of forest fires, or the coal-bunkers of foundries hiding itself during the day and the heat it can only absorb.

they can take forms and mimic many things because above most anything, carbon is an adaptable element...

No, we're water elementals chained inside meat golems

It's pretty fucking metal

I shoot a fireball at it. Now it's burning up like a fucking bitch. Problem solved.

not all carbon is flammable.

just....just eat normal food

Graphite is the frail one, Graphine is the one that's nearly indestructible.

No, it won't. Have you tried burning a goddamn phone book? Then go ahead, let me see how well it's gonna go.
Compressed flammable material isn't very flammable. Carbon elemental wouldn't burn better than a human.

In fact, hydrogen's atomic mass is closer to 1/16 of oxygen's than 1/2.

> then your shit looks weird.

Yeah that's to be expected when you fucking eat pencils.

Which elemental hurt you

I can confirm, I ate crayons and pencils as a kid.

I can kind of understand crayons because they're colorful and presumably easier to eat.

But how and why did you stop and actually eat a pencil?

>we're having such an easy time tracking this creature, it seems to have left a clear trail, as if it wanted to be followed
>wait, its there!
>WH- WHAT? It's literally marking the road with its pencil arm! It's a trap!

Look, you've got to realise that I wasn't a smart kid. I thought it looked kind of like liquorice, and my 6 year old brain decided it was worth a try. This was after I had eaten a quarter of a crayon and hadn't gotten the point yet.

youtu.be/VurQhn-Kn30

Maybe he's just a delinquent

I wonder if a wizard could make a stable Francium elemental.

No, dipshit.

You didn't realize it was wood?

...Thought it was cracker of some kind. Don't chew on wood, it sucks.

Selenium Elemental.
It brushed against my shoulder - no-one would be in the same room as me for days.

I, for instance, eat those graphite remains in automatic pencils that are too small to hold inside. They're decent.