Jonah Orion in DoW3

And as Master Librarian of the Chapter if you please.
He was pretty cool, him, Gabe and Solaria will make good central characters I hope.

Other urls found in this thread:

sketchfab.com/models/f248e38a1dba46439c6c59af6b4b60e9
youtube.com/watch?v=nveHagB16Cc
blacklibrary.com/all-products/known-unknown-eshort.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't he die in the last mission of Retribution or am I misremembering things?

You see his "corpse" on the road to Kyra's arena after Gabe gets smashed, yes.

But it seems like he survived as well.

My first reaction upon seeing it was that it seemed they exaggerated his lips to an almost caricature like state.

Does anyone else see this?

That fat flying baby is.... fat?

Not really.
They hust pop out more since they're fairer than his skin.

sketchfab.com/models/f248e38a1dba46439c6c59af6b4b60e9

His face does look a little fucked up here.

He seems big. Is he going to be a Champion along with Gabriel "Slam dunk terminator" Angelos and Miss Knight?

of course they had to put the nigger in even tho hes dead.

Why is /pol/ always right.

Jonah's cool fuck you

I am hoping for Captain Titus cameo.

Jonah was based, go away /pol/.

I'm more hoping for commander Hairgel to come back.

I honestly thought he died during Retribution but it was never mentioned as we only saw his body.

Him being Chief Librarian is fitting as is Gabriel Angelos being Chapter Master. Hopefully we see Commander Hairgel and the rest such as Tarkus and Thaddeus.

Tarkus, Martellus and Cyrus are likely to be seen. Thaddeus will come back if Hairgel comes back. One can hope.

Hope so. I liked all of them for their different personalities. Hairgel should be Captain of the 3rd Company as he should take Gabriel's old position.

Yesssss
Every character that's confirmed to be returning from the previous game gives me more hope for our Lord and Savior, Martellus.
Please, DoW3, grant me the new and improved Master of the Forge with Servo-Harness Martellus.

And Davian Cool if you can manage.

Or Thule's, who was captain of the 4th IIRC.

DoW 3 is shit.

It plays like League of Legends.

Very far from the action of DoW 1 or the graphics and realism of DoW2

It will disappoint fans dearly.

In some cases, its worse than Eternal Crusade.

I'll start a list of remaining members.

+Confirmed+
Gabriel Angelos
Jonah Orion

+Not Confirmed+
Commander Hairgel (I would call him Hargellus)
Tarkus
Thaddeus
Cyrus
Martellus
Davian Thule (still not sure whether he is dead or not but I doubt he is).

Any others?

That's nice dear.

I'd say the gameplay is basically the first few minutes of DoW I skirmish - you got a really strong unit and a few shit ones. Except in DoW III you get a few really strong ones and a shitload of shit ones. Couple that with the bad artstyle, horrible animations (the marines walk like retards, Gabriel's weebshit jumping and twirling,..), over the top particle effects and general lifelessness of the game (no sync kills and no dynamic squad movement/animations) and the game looks utterly disappointing.

Also fuck the developers, in one fan interview whoever they chose to defend the game is fucking retarded
>it's ok for Gabriel to jump around, 40k is retarded anyway
>tactical marines prance around like faggots so that you can distinguish them from assault marines who have a different movement animations (because obviously nobody uses the fuckhuge jump pack and the little squad icons to differentiate between them)
>the game is not that visually impressive because we want it playable on more PCs (that's also why there is so many over the top particle effects and everything causes an explosion for some reason, because that makes the game run better)
>the artstyle is totally not more cartoony than I and II or the tabletop, it just looks like that because the ice map contrasts it more
>we removed the retreat button because reasons and it makes sense from from the lore perspective because nobody in 40k retreats ever (and I personally disliked the retreat button, but their justification for removing it is complete bullshit)
>there are no sync kills, but we invented this new mechanic where all the random explosions cause enemies to explode so it's still awesome
>some more bullshit that I can't even remember now

Technically Hairgel was named Aramus in the novels but these were so aml over the place thanks to Goto that they can be considered non canon.

>[citation needed]
Even if you did playtest the game, the difference between Alpha and Release is pretty big.

I'm just waiting to see how they're gonna explain him being alive, because contrary to Angelos' existence, getting hammer fisted by a Daemon prince is gonna fuck you up

We didn't see him getting fisted.
He was found quite far from the fisting actually. They'll probably just say he was left for dead.

>and Solaria
I kind of don't like solaria. She seems forced for a variety of reasons.

That beard makes him look awesome.

I can't wait for the return of this glorious bastard.

>Everyone hype about people coming back

>Literally no confirmation on Commander Hairgel and Thaddesus coming back from their crusade in the eye of terror

>Gabriel im getting to old for this shit

>Martellus
>not playing none_purer.voxpic and having him go traitor
>not being able to stay with the chapter

WE

Fuck off.

>SJW: the post

Yeah, quit crying, Jonah is based

He's got the only traitor end with meaning

Jonah is based and your meme being anti-PC doesn't excuse it being stale. Kill yourself.

>Marry Sue chapter
>dindu
>based

You're a mong

The Inquisitor in DoW 1 was black

Jonah was in the game before this PC bullshit.

Stop acting like an SJW

>Blood Ravens
>Mary Sue
>Have been up to shady shit since Kronus
>Lost about 50% of their strength on Kaurava
>Recruiting worlds fucked over by more than a decade of conflict
>Half the surviving members turn traitor and start a civil war that kills even more
>Distrusted and disliked by a fuckton of other chapters
>Barely even a thing outside of the games

Aside from somehow picking up fucking Forgebreaker and Custodes gear, they've had it pretty rough.

>The Inquisitor in DoW 1 was black
So what?
>Stop acting like an SJW
Nice projections

>But it seems like he survived as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=nveHagB16Cc

Either they retconned it or judging by the cryptic cinematic trailer they are in some kind of afterlife purgatory.

>Jonah betrayal video
You know he wasn't the canonical traitor, right? He shows up in Retribution as a loyalist.

Ah right i forgot there were different ones but only one canon.

>>Blood Ravens
>hurr muh Thousnad Sons loyalists
>defeated hive-fleet without any help
>was totally corrupted
>chapter was saved by Angelos plot-armor
>without any consequences from the Imperium
>not marry Sue

Just ignore the retard and it will go away

The /pol/yp will feed on bad attention to flourish because it's the only way he knows how

Avitus FUCKING SADLY was the cannon traitor

>still no chaos
>still no interesting factions at all

>yfw the IG expansion has Stubs coming back

Sturn fags need not apply

STAY DEAD YOU FOOLISH MOTHER FUCKER

NO

Now let's be fair, if the game is 100% canonical, which it obviously isn't and the gear info are just stupid jokes, the Blood Ravens would be Mary Sue as fuck
>muh TS loyalists
>they have all this awesome gear, even from Custodes and they are so awesome nobody does anything, even the Space Wolves just throw bitchfits and then ignore them
>they destroyed whole sectors of enemies all by themselves, including several Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons and a whole Tyranid fleet
>they even killed other Imperial forces, but again they are too cool for school
>in fact they are so cool Abaddon himself is interested in them
>they also know pretty much everything, except for who their founding Legion is (or maybe they even know that!)
>despite all of the setbacks they have encountered they have always came back

>>Space Wolves
>Hurr muh Viking not!traitors
>defeated hive-fleet Colossus without any help
>is totally corrupt
>Blatantly attacks the =][=
>chapter saved by Leman Russ plot-armor
>not mary Sue

>>Blood Angels
>hurr muh pure vampire waifus
>defeated hive-fleet without any help
>was totally black raged/red thirst'd
>chapter saved by Sanguinius plot-aror
>Without any consequences from the Imperium
>not mary sue

>>Dark Angels
>Hurr muh first legion """""Loyalists"""""
>defeated an undivided Chaos champion without any help
>was totally corrupted
>chapter saved by Lion plot-armor
>not mary Sue

I can keep this going all day, bruv. All Space Marines are mary sues, it's what makes them Space Marines.

>whole Tyranid fleet

It was a splinter fleet. Which means it was 12 Hive ships. Do you have any idea how many splinter fleets were defeated by a motley crew of heroes in the canon?

I hate BF1 as much as the next guy, but it's one character.

Are there any other non salamander blacks in the entire series?

Ultramarines had a black guy in charge of their fleet.

Black Templars took in survivor Celestial Lions

I have a feeling Imperial Fists have black guys

>they have always came back
To a limited extent, and the most Blood Ravens we ever see on-screen never really exceeds company size. We have no idea how many Magpies are still around by DoW3, how fucked their recruitment rates are, or whether they're under new Inquisitorial scrutiny. The grim tone of the first trailer made it seem like their mistakes and losses would finally catch up with them.

Multiple Catachans, a sororitas, Celestial Lions, some unnamed guard regiment had a few in like the third codex or something, judging by their hair the Betancores too

>It was a splinter fleet. Which means it was 12 Hive ships
By what logic? Splinter fleet just means it's the remains of one of the main destroyed ones. The wiki just says that they can contain even a dozen of Hive Ships.
My other points still stand, BR are a straight up Mary Sue OC donut steel Chapter if you accept the games as completely canon.

>no interesting factions at all
>in a game with the Emperor's glorious Angels of Death
Report to the Adeptus Arbites for re-education, citizen.

>FUCKING SADLY
why? he was the most interesting because of it

I mean I'd have liked to see cyrus bite it, but that's only because I think he's a twat and martellus gives me my dose of blum.

My only wish is when they add Chaos to the game, Avitus will turn up as a Daemon prince with a fuck HUEG kai gun and guardsman heads impaled on back spikes.

You're forgetting the Eldar, Orks, and Imperial Guard who were also fucking around the sub-sector at the time. We saw the Guard fighting Nids numerous times in the games and it stands to reason that the Eldar and Orks would be dragged into the fight as well.

So Hairgel and Thaddeus are just dead? They are not gonna come back?

This. In DoW2, your space marines are basically just running around launching tactical strikes against the other factions to keep the sector limping along until the rest of the chapter arrives. The IG and PDF are doing most of the actual fighting; you just rarely see it because you're usually operating so far behind enemy lines.

Yeah and the Blood Ravens either came out victorious or whoever won completely annihilated the sector or planet or whatever while the BR managed to retreat in at least some numbers.
Even if they killed only half of the enemies you actually kill in the game that's really impressive. Adding all my other points makes them Mary Sues

Boreale lost most of the 3rd company

>All Space Marines are mary sues
I'm not sure where to place the Lamenters on the Mary Sue scale.

>Avitus coming back
>mfw our hero is a cybered-up amputee who has just come back from grievous injury to rebuild his beloved band of brothers
You feel it too, don't you?

Posting original Jonah for comparison.

>DoW2 novel
>Goto

>>Literally no confirmation on Commander Hairgel and Thaddesus coming back from their crusade in the eye of terror
Or whether that's even where they went.

>>Lost about 50% of their strength on Kaurava
30%
>>Barely even a thing outside of the games
They did get an Index Astartes article, which is more than many longer-established Chapters have, and one codex even named them a Chapter of Legend. In terms of actual (non-vidya) stuff they've done though, yeah, they're pretty irrelevant.

>judging by their hair the Betancores too
They were both explicitly black. Their entire planet even, in fact. And if you want another Abnett example, Mersadie Oliton from the first HH novels.
Really, they're actually all over the place, it's just not given particular attention because there's no reason to.

>They did get an Index Astartes article
They're also mentioned in the latest SM codex

Angelos suspected Hairgel of being chaos corrupted at the end of Chaos Rising so he sent him and some other marines to the Eye of terror

>By what logic? Splinter fleet just means it's the remains of one of the main destroyed ones.

Don't be idiotic. A splinter fleet doesn't mean it comes from a destroy Hive Fleet.

The Tyranid codex says that Splinter Fleet just has around 12 Hive Ships.

There is a lot of examples in the fluff of factions and groups taking care of splinter fleets. The Farsight Enclave in fact utilized the same method that the Blood Ravens did to destroy the splinter fleet that attacked them.

>waaah we're dying
>we do such great stuff but we're dying man
>we're too honorable for this universe, but please do not cry for us because those tears could be used to water thousands of crops to save thousands of normal humans
>did I mention that we're obviously the most based because we do one or two cool things and then beat ourselves up after? The fact that all our other losses are based around just being in the wrong place at the wrong time doesn't take away from the fact that we were based like twice
>please don't let the Emperor's light shine on me, because if it shined on someone else it could save thousands

Do you get what I'm saying here? They're sad, but only in a way that's supposed to make you pity them. It's like when people will ask you if they're horrible people, just to force you to be polite and say that of course they're not horrible.

>>Barely even a thing outside of the games
>They did get an Index Astartes article, which is more than many longer-established Chapters have, and one codex even named them a Chapter of Legend. In terms of actual (non-vidya) stuff they've done though, yeah, they're pretty irrelevant.

Are we being invaded by /v/ and /pol/? The Blood Ravens have a character + model from the new Deathwatch vs genestealer board game releases. Also the Deathwatch Blood Raven character got a short story explaining his backstory.

blacklibrary.com/all-products/known-unknown-eshort.html

Newfags and cross boardposters get out.

It was Kyras who kicked Hairgel out the sector. See the Hammer of the Nameless.

>and the Blood Ravens either came out victorious
Through combined arms tactics, cooperation with other sub-sector Imperial forces, and generally doing what every other Space Marine is expected to do. Their victory/survival seems pretty reasonable and justified, especially if you've played intelligently and/or abused the shit out of Cyrus, Tarkus, and the banner heal.

Are they gonna include Thaddeus?

He felt the most human of the marines to me, even if he was surprisingly ignorant for a sergeant sometimes. I want my boy back.

Cadian blood has a black/arabic commisar.

>Banner heal
Man that shit was the main reason I wouldn't put the Commander in Terminator armor.

>The Tyranid codex says that Splinter Fleet just has around 12 Hive Ships.
At minimum. I thought you liked to be exact.

Forgot about him, it was an honest mistake. Calm down, Carnac.

There was a short story with a squad of ten that took the time to emphasize they were all from different planets and had different colored skin, and at least one was a desert worlder. I think they may have done something similar with a short story with some scouts.

I.AM.CALM.

I am suppose to believe that somehow you *forgot* about this guy? The guy who has appeared in the artwork of recent DW releases multiple times. The guy whose kneecap has the words "Vidya" on (reference to Azraiah Vidya) which sparked a little storm here?

No, this was intentional. You hate the Blood Ravens. You want them to be irrelevant. Or you are a /v/fag and should go back.

Wasn't there some old pre-videogames lore where the Blood Ravens got into a conflict with some sisters?

But we don't need them to be rubbing shoulders with huge chapters and getting involved in gigantic events. The Blood Ravens can be a perfectly good minor chapter, and a bit of a self-insert for the player and their favorite chapter.

>Wasn't there some old pre-videogames lore where the Blood Ravens got into a conflict with some sisters?

I don't think so.

By the way, the CS Goto Dawn of War novels were removed from the BL site. Only them, though , CS Gotos other works are still for sale. Any ideas why?

A slow purge has started. At least, that is what I hope.

I know it's tvtropes but I'm pretty sure there's one for sympathetic sues who just have life shit on them and you're supposed to feel so bad

>And as Master Librarian of the Chapter if you please.
You gotta be shittin me if you telling me that is the best the blood ravens have to offer when it comes to powerful librarians.

He didnt seem that powerful to me.

He should become a librarian dread thought.

Sargent Coralis?

Anyways This is a true missed opportunity. Jonah should had been a Librarian dreadnought.

They didn't had much considering what happened in Retribution. Also Gabe is no psyker.

he's black ergo dead in canon i'm not joking

>picking up Forgebreaker
So they have my hammer, do they?

Some Catachans, Celestial Lions, and if you count the now-dead RPGs, some of the Maccabian Janissaries guard regiment*.

*maybe, the only picture of one without their mask was a black woman, iirc, so they might be all black, or not. Who knows.

You could argue some Kreigers are black.

Remember the planet was said to be a peaceful one before the heresy started

Yes, though IIRC, it's a rare drop, so the real question here is how the fuck some random mook from the Black Legion or Alpha Legion stole it in the first place so that he could drop it in Sub-Sector Aurelia. Also a volume of the Book of Lorgar, though nobody really knows if it's one of the master volumes or just a copy.

One of the Verghastite scouts in Gaunt's Ghosts was also black. And given the variety of worlds controlled by the HH Ultramarines and Imperial Fists, it's logical that they'd have a variety of skin tones. Same goes for the HH World Eaters, who recruited from lots of places.

>Book of Lorgar.
Maybe Kyras lost it when he was too distracted with that eldar soulstone from Kronus.