Why don't you make it?

As a result of a feedback thread going on in /qa/, Hiro has prompted the boards to take it upon themselves to discuss the current state of their moderation, including the conduct of their moderators and the exact nature of policies those moderators should be following.

If you have any opinions on or grievances with the ongoing process of rule enforcement, including topics suffering from overly strict persecution or topics that need to have more direct action taken against them, or any proposal to revise the existing rules or introduce new ones, this is your chance to voice them. Many other boards have already begun and there stands a chance to realize some actual change, hopefully to the betterment of Veeky Forums as a whole.

Let's keep this civil.

I think CYOAs, Risk threads, Hero/Nation builders etc should also be moved to /qst/, which should encompass all play-by-post forum games across all boards.

I don't think this thread will survive.

Video-game "lore" threads like the Elder Scrolls and Warcraft threads have no reason to be on Veeky Forums, and the only reason they're not on Veeky Forums is because they're populated by lazy idiots.

Settings, characters and stories are Veeky Forums related, regardless of source.

I second this notion

Don't worry, it has new moot's blessing and the threads created in the same vein on other boards are all thriving.

So the moderators need to be wary of those threads staying somehow 'on topic' or at least actively Veeky Forums related.

Ah, yes. That'd be nice.

>I can talk about a-ny-thing here! I could use it in a setting!

We need more stamping down on /pol/bait and lefty/pol/bait. I'm so fucking fed up of hearing about peoples' shitty political opinions, regardless of which side those opinions are on.

>girl gamers
>that guy
>pro or anti inclusion/representation
>normies
>most threads focused on social situations surrounding games in general

Sick of them. I don't even care that they're sometimes on topic. There might have been a time when there was something fun and interesting to be said in those threads. But it's over.

Don't know if I'd support a hard rule against it. Some oldfag wants to introduce his kids to RPGs or wargames and wants advice maybe there's a fun thread in that. But usually it's bullshit.

It's funny, but many of the other boards have been saying essentially the same thing. It's spread throughout most of Veeky Forums pretty thoroughly. If anything has come of this so far, it's got to be extremely evident to the moderation staff that everyone's fed up.

I agree. One of the complaints that the quest posters seem to have is that there isn't enough traffic on the /qst/ board, so forcing more threads to go there should help.

If they object that things which aren't quite the traditional definition of quests would dilute their board with low-quality content, that's ironic.

Ideally, I'd like all the 'absurd situation, what next?' threads to be sent there too. All of them are basically the same idea; shitty 'storytelling' which gets bumped to the top of every forum because they encourage people to reply without really having to think. Same for all the 'doubles decides' and 'roll on random table' shit. Alternatively, just ban everything that asks for essentially no-content replies.

Yeah, let's just ban everything, nobody should post here in the first place!

Seriously, though, Veeky Forums is a pretty dead board as it is, getting rid of every type of thread that some user dislikes isn't going to help the situation.
And sure some of the threads are a bit random, but it's always been a little random here, we are the bastard offspring of /b/ after all. That randomness is part of what drives our creativity, IMO.

Commander Keen, newfags.
Next you'll say X-Com isn't Veeky Forums related.
What will actually happen is that they will go there and die (which is likely your point), because threads like that don't have a dedicated base of more than a handful of people.
This. There has been the exact same 6 troll threads going about lately all on these things, complete with the same stock google images OP.

I still think quests should be allowed back on Veeky Forums.

I was surprised that this wasn't done from the beginning.

Creativity has been pretty thin on the ground lately, and I don't think it's because (or solely because) people are mad about /pol/, L/pol/, /d/, /qst/, or /r9k/ shit happening on our board. I don't know why it's happening, but I don't think letting everything be on topic is going to keep /gdg/ alive and kicking.

I'm tired of "female knight wat do" and ">one line of greentext" threads too.

I disagree. It's impossible to discuss lore on Veeky Forums, and it's funny you chose two of the worst generals on Veeky Forums as your targets; /tesg/ is nothing but waifus and /wowg/ is nothing but tripfag guild drama and smutposting.

If we aren't allowed to discuss the settings of video games, are we allowed to discuss the settings of movies or comics? What about books? Where would you draw the line?

Creative stuff ebbs and subsides over time on Veeky Forums. It dropped off pretty hard in the wake of nazimod, though. There was also a downturn around the time they shitposted the /wst/ off, as a bunch of our writefags went with it. (It also didn't help that the faggot who was raiding the /wst/ also attacked the old homebrew general)

I'm not saying everything is on-topic, but there ought to be some leeway, because that's how Veeky Forums works best. It is a little bit of an "everything" board, historically speaking. Good moderation should rein in the obvious horseshit, but still try to let fa/tg/uys be the free spirits they've always been.

I think you all need to take a step back and realize how fucking retarded this entire thing is. Quests did nothing wrong. Write and drawfags did nothing wrong. Smut was... always kinda questionable depending on whether you felt text should be considered worksafe.

Nothing that most people do on this board should be capable of causing you distress. You're free to dislike it of course, but normal fucking people can ignore things they don't like: I don't like 40k, so I ignore that content. It is literally not a problem. I don't fucking understand why the rest of you can't do the same, why the mods can't not be pricks for five fucking minutes, or why Hiro can't be arsed to figure out how his own fucking website works.

I think you're all absolutely insane.

Listen here Faglord, TES threads are as Veeky Forums as LotR threads, as they have tabletop and rpg games attachted to them

>Waaa, there's not enough room for muh edition wars and 40k threads!

I think we should have Genre Fiction General on Veeky Forums

>Where would you draw the line?
For the purposes of this thread/board, fuck if I know.

For myself? When it's tabletop-useful. "Stat me" threads are a little limp, but if I got NPC stats or tabletop adaptations of quests (even really rough ones) or a hexmap of (update of TES region we haven't seen in a bit) I'd be thrilled by these lore threads.

I just want quests off this board forever. A slower Veeky Forums has been just fine with me.