MtG Kaladesh Spoiler Discussion

Poor Gremlins and Chemical Warfare Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TgqiSBxvdws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you planar outburst basically
That's a pretty great wipe

Late game Top Deck PlanarOutburst can win games user.

This just stabilizes a bit better and thats it. You are still getting nowhere.

For some reason I had it in my head Planar was 6 CMC, I really need to play more

>Fabricate 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it or create three 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)

>Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, target opponent loses life equal to ~'s power.

>Whenever an artifact or artificer enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, you get EE.

>Pay EEEEEE , sacrifice ~: Draw three cards.

I'm just waiting for a red card with "pay REEEEE" on it purely for the memes

Actual artifacts or artifact creatures specifically? Does this work on unpiloted vehicles when they get destroyed?

How about a red 1-drop that gives you the option to pay any amount of E to copy it X times?

Actual artifacts due to the lack of "dies." Note that it works with clues.

Only if it is an energy fireball

Sadly, all of the 'benefits for artifacts going in graveyard' cards don't belong to the actual clue colors.

GREMLIN LIVES MATTER

Energy Fireball or Energy Bolt, both are roughly the same thing. One deals X damage where X is the amount of Energy paid when you cast it, the other deals 3 damage copied X times.

Actual artifacts. The damage isn't base on the artifacts power,
it's based on Master of Marionettes power.
"Dies" technically isn't creature specific.
Though in all fairness, it's rarely used outside of that context.

>Note that it works with clues.
It also works with all the Servos floating around.
Including it's own, if you're willing to deal less damage for an extra procs.
(Might be worth while if you have some other way to buff them.)

Honestly, the Reckless Fireweaver common is better for this.

>A 4 mana board wipe
>In a set about shitting about as many 1/1s as possible

You're probably thinking Descend Upon the Sinful. Similar to Planar Outburst lategame, probably better in some decks.

Don't post fakes if you're not being explicit about it, they create confusion.

Bumping up to 4xSelfless Spirit once that piece of shit rotates out. God I can't wait.

like theres any chance at all that languish would be reprinted so soon, you'd have to be and idiot to mistake it for real. I thought i was being explicit

>man-o-war
>fucking splashable fiend hunter

shame the art sucks

Wizards sure do love that Oblivion Ring/Fiend Hunter effect.

>man-o-war
he's a 1/3, not a 2/2

You mean Banishing Light/Banisher Priest effect.

It's not a good habit to get into.

I could tell but it could also have been interpreted as reposting an image that you had seen elsewhere.

same cmc, both easily spashable, both remove a creature

is it such a big deal that the p/t is just distributed differently?

God fucking dammit. Coppying spells is reds color pie. This is not ok. I mean, this is so overcosted it dosen't really matter, but the principle of the thing.

Also, that costing. Slightly less color dependent, but like... cryptic command shits all over this. At 4 it should be counter AND do something. Or just preface the choice with "draw a card."

God, i'm gonna get two playsets of these

if you're going to use it as a descriptor, yes. man-o-war is a gray ogre with an etb. also 2 power vs 3 toughness is a real difference

Not quite the same, cant sac it on the stack.

>zombify is on record too good for reanimation
>zombify an artifact is fine though
we all know wotc's fucking retarded, but normally they try not to just be horribly blatant about it.

Hey, he actually looks like a dwarf.

Cryptic is meant to shit on this.

Anything that interferes with Midrange: The Grindering is too strong for magic.

copying spells is ur hybrid as far as where it falls on the pie, quit being such a baby. also
>cryptic is the baseline of power and not above the curve at 4 mana
get a load of this guy

I'd love this card if it was 1UR

No standard thread so fuck it

card seems very strong in limited

now its time to say GOOODBYYYEEE GREM-MANS.

OH GOOODBYEE.

youtube.com/watch?v=TgqiSBxvdws

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GREMLINS!

Rick Sanchez Aetherborn when?

>protoss in mtg
When did this happen?

We need an Energy themed Soul of Kaldesh

they're not really anything related to protos beyond the very superficial, but in answer to your question, just recently because kaladesh has no vampires or zombies

I think I know what you mean.

why do people want to play eggs in standard so much I dont understand

Because i hate standard.

>all that energy and no means to use it

A more vanilla Falkenrath Aristocrat, nice

>Instead of doing strictly better cards, let's do strictly worse

Thank god you don't design this game

This card is fucking amazing, and if you can't see the value from it you need better card evaluation skills.

It's close, but here's what I was thinking

>Soul of Kaladesh (UUURRR)

>Creature - Avatar

>When ~ enters the battlefield you get EEE.

>EEEEE: Untap all other permanents you control.

>EEEEE, Sacrifice ~: Untap all other permanents you control.

>6/6

Anything i add would just make the deck less consistent. Its bothering me too. But i need the lifegain from that one.

What should I take to standard tonight?

Bant Coco? Bant humans? Bant spirits? UW spirits? BR burn?

are there reliable ways to get non-creature artifacts into your GY?

Doesn't reanimator typically have to use discard effects in standard? Not every format has access to an entomb variant, and the issue ive heard is that reanimation spells themselves are generally not good not because there aren't fatties to reanimation. It also doesn't have to be non-creature. You can play Gearhulks or that Colossus. Red got that super Tormenting Voice as well as regular Tormenting Voice in standard as well as other stuff like Smuggler's Copter.

the new double discard tormenting voice or tormenting voice itself

Obligatory:

>MUH CONTROL IS DEAD, YOU SHITTERS DON'T EVEN PLAY A REAL MAGIC. THE GAME IS RUINED BECAUSE I CAN'T COUNTER EVERYTHING AND REV FOR 15

>tfw love makes you stronger than voices in your head

>pointless archetype fights
>doesn't play and enjoy them all

I bet you don't even draft.

>being so fucking mad he has to carry an argument he gave up on to a new thread in the hopes that the people he was arguing against aren't here to argue against him

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

deepest lore

Chandra really should find herself a plane that receives sunlight.

For some reason they got an new type instead of being non-artifact Constructs or some shit. Also Servo and Pilot, because type bloat is cool.
Fluff wise they're "naturally" animated pollution and industrial waste. They run the techno-mafia and have extremely short lifespans.

First she needs to find a plane that invented sunscreen.

Odd, but true.

GAS THE GREMLINS
RACE WAR NOW

At least this one is the same color as the white zombify.

>why this whitey chick suddenly hugged me?
>did she think i'm a lesbian?

She's a pyromancer; she can deal with burning.

Pilot serves a functional purpose. Don't know why they had Servos instead of just Constructs or something though. I kind of get why they didn't make Aetherborn Constructs or Elementals or Golems or whatever. At least they aren't as obviously detracting from an existing tribe as Naga.

You have your answer then. She's immune to sunburns.

Hey, neat, another card to try in Bruna.

Isn't it canon common knowledge that her spark grants her extreme resistance to heat and radiation exposure to complement her pyromancy?
This easily explains her pale appearance in comparison to her non-walker/pyromancer parents.

Heat from fire isn't really the same kind of thing as sunlight. And I don't know if they've ever explained how she has fire resistance. We just kind of buy it.

The naga creature type bugs the hell out of me.

She's a not!Indian pyrobitch from Steampunk Bollywood, she isn't supposed to look like Red from Transistor.

Then again, Chandra's appearance has never been consistent.

She's magically immune to fire and heat. I'm just assuming that means she can't get a tan either.

Fire resistance is a basic need for pyromancers or else she's going to need a lot of burn salve every time she does that flaming hand thingie.

Or maybe the designers want her face to stand out more against the reds and browns

what's the best target boys

>power creep is good design
same for you friendo.

A gearhulk for G R I N D V A L U E or that 10/10 if you can dump it in the yard early

Mother fucker cryptic Command is 3 blue which isn't "slightly more color dependant " it's a lot more color dependant

Furthermore copying spells has always been a U and a R ability so idk wtf you're bitching about

This card is guaranteed to see play in the inevitable U/W control deck that's going to top 8 the pro tour screen cap this and the inevitable naysayers so I can taste there tears when it happens

It's a fantasy character. Technically that's true but I'm pretty sure they've never actually explained WHY she's immune. As I said, we just kind of buy it because yeah you'd have to be immune to it and it's not really the kind of thing that drags you out of the world they built.

>strictly worse

You have no idea what that means do you?

Which Gearhulk? Do we just play the red and white ones?

>UW control in the top 8

I hope you're right

You can play any of them. but the black probably makes the biggest swing on turn 4 besides the red one which has some synergy with animator as a strategy as well.

I wish this was one mana cheaper but with some other form of drawback.

red seems pretty fucking good if we're going to do artifact reanimator. take damage to the face and give me more reanimation targets or give me fuel for the discard outlets i'm already playing.

That would be a good spell user.

I think standard plays summary dismissal so the cost looks bad but it'll probably suffice. it's no cryptic command but not a lot is.

CAN I PLAY BEDLAM REVELER?

>Pilot serves a functional purpose.
What? Vehicle support? They aren't even consistently "vehicles matter".
Besides, we've had thematic pilot in almost every set, usually as Soldiers or Warriors.

>R/W Reanimator

Cute little deck, too bad it'll be B/R Vampires all over again when your reanimation gets countered, exiled or bounced

...mate they're mother and daughter