Solo Gamers General - /solog/

Please respond edition...

pastebin - pastebin.com/F8teW7rr

Here's the thread to talk about solo & solitaire gaming!

Has your gaming partner left you high and dry? No friends, only enemies? Why not try it alone? It's not just the long way to sort cards anymore!

Previous Threads: We left off with Mythic discussion and "Snakes on a Plane"

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!2gMmjQhY!LfRJbJp_jL3qXwRmo-1WUw
twohourwargames.com/horror1.html
unboundbook.org/?p=82
youtube.com/watch?v=6Dkpu_VuP2o
abandonia.com/en/gamebooks
deathranger.com/XS2 - Thunderdelve Mountain.pdf
mega.nz/#!Wx1WAJwY!n0cR6J8FNJL9KvSDphh52S5RxMQMezdH0BhOJ8hvFpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice OP image. Pastebin looks pretty good too.

Red Two standing by

Thanks man! Links for ref material are needed

Red Dragon standing by

Two posts in and this is already the saddest thread on Veeky Forums.

Where is the link to the CYOAs? Don't make me beg ;_;

ATM i didnt collect links since some stuff was posted directly.

As the usual response will go check generals first or the share thread.

Which system?

well to talk about something related, I organized my Dungeon saga shit and I am trying to collect minis to create small themed parties to do some random dungeon crawls.

I'm not sure what's harder to try and fairly stat my creations, or just biting the bullet and diving in for some play testing. I've also been contemplating how to devise the simplest solution to combat that doesn't involve rolling dice for 5 minutes per battle.

Right now much of my solo-ing is just meta gaming..

www.projectaon.org

thx added to pastebin

post links I'll add as I can, I've added links as I could too

Didn't have anything but wanted to bump it. It fell off and burned away last time.

Sword Lords has tables for solo play in the back of the book.

mega.nz/#F!2gMmjQhY!LfRJbJp_jL3qXwRmo-1WUw

What game is OP Pic from?

Hey, this is pretty cool.

>Other Creatures:
>UNDERHUNK

I guess that's like an Umber Hulk, except the ladies are confused by how handsome he is.

twohourwargames.com/horror1.html

Does anyone have the PDFs for "All Things Zombie"

OR alternatively have any of you gotten to play it, Id love a little review.

>Right now much of my solo-ing is just meta gaming..

I've gone diceless, everything is puzzles. Each puzzle has dozens of solutions, each adventure is assembled by computer so that I don't know the solution. I am held to the rules in playing the adventure through n-1 times, but if I do, I'll know every answer to the last playthrough ahead of time. So I just discard one solution at random, and have the computer bring up the adventure at random, and I can play an adventure perpetually.

It takes awhile to write the thing, though. I'll post a link when its all done.

Oooooooh!

Or it
Did
Not
Happen

Let's see it!

I just made a "banner" that made sense. Honestly no idea...

DonĀ“t you like 4 Against Darkness? I find it quite fun, and like to look at the generated dungeons after finishing.

bump

Just play Monophobia for Call of Cthulhu, sad guys.

unboundbook.org/?p=82

>Monophobia is a collection of Call of Cthulhu adventures for lone Investigators (and a willing Keeper)
>and a willing Keeper

I always wanted to play a sci-fi ttrpg/wargame although no one in this third world country knows about it and I have no friend anyway.

Anything for this solo wandering lurker, Veeky Forums?

Why do you guys just start a quest together?

You've already self-selected each other as Willing To Play and Lone Player. Somebody just needs to man up and be the questmaster.

Because quests are not the same thing? I mean, they're fine and all, but solo games are different from multiplayer games like quests.

I just played a solo round of Snapshot the other day, and it's pretty fun. You can find it in the archive over in the Traveller general, under Classic/Offiical GDW games.

Here's an overview of how it works:
youtube.com/watch?v=6Dkpu_VuP2o

Because planning for other people exponentially increases possible game delays user.
See, if I play by myself, I can play whenever, and I'm always willing.

If me and the missus play together, we won't be able to play whenever, but we can play often because we live together; we could manage once-per-day if we want to; but somedays, one of us will not want to game.

If we invite one more person over, exponentially increase possible delay options, we could do once per week. Invite two or three more people, and we're on a once-per-month basis. We're out of highschool, have varying work-times and loads, have bills and housework to do, and some have secondary jobs or kids.

Everyone in here can play alone when they want; grouping up wouldn't bring them what they want right away: that's quality alone time testing systems, writing stories or just passing the time. Fuck having to depend on other people.

bump

Im pretty interested in this game too.

SoloP here - i've updated the pastebin with as much info as I could, if anyone has other links post em and i'll update it.

Currently working on my dungeon saga stuff... will post a visual later on..

pg 10 ping

I will also ping.

There's a bunch of gamebooks here.

abandonia.com/en/gamebooks

Here's a solo D&D adventure.

deathranger.com/XS2 - Thunderdelve Mountain.pdf

D&D Cardmaster can be used to play solo dungeon crawling.

mega.nz/#!Wx1WAJwY!n0cR6J8FNJL9KvSDphh52S5RxMQMezdH0BhOJ8hvFpQ

Have you guys looked to boardgames for appropriating and implementing 'ai' in your game of interest?
That is what I've only just begun, but I'm interested if anyone has had success.

Can you expand on what you mean by this?

Please link the program you're using to assemble your adverntures. I would love to see it.

I've been taking a different approach, where I manually create the adventures, with a bit of help from generators, but then automatize the player characters by assigning them a number of personality types they have to follow. Then I'll usually pick a couple of random traits to focus on for each situation, to emulate how the player character might behave.
What I need is a faster way to come up with adventures, because a lot of the time I'll start working on it and spend so much time worldbuilding and prepping it that I lose interest before I can even play it.

Strange, I have never heard of this. Thank you, masked man!

Hmm. Idle thought: Run a game of something, but this time instead of using Mythic/et al as a GM emulator, use it as a player emulator.

"Do you guys follow the plot hook?"
>EXCEPTIONAL NO
"Aww, shit, they're gonna knife the NPC."

Save file

One example would be the boss decks in Dark Souls/Kingdom Death/Castle Ravenloft for randomized routines.
Others are simple rules for NPC response like the Mage Knight Board Game (has little to do with mk, but is a fantastic solo experience) and Fearsome Floors.

Life support

kek bump

Many of these threads involve discussion of implementing additional rules to facilitate the solo experience. However, our threads drop fairly quickly. We may want to consider joining the game design thread, but session reports and general conversation would be off topic there.

How do you do the roleplay in your solo games? I feel like there's no point in NPC interaction, so I've been thinking of jotting down journal entries to record what happens mechanically.

I write everything out in a narrative fashion. I've gotten pretty good NPCs out of it with mythic's "complex" questions.

Anyone have any information on this?

meh, it seems to me this thread would be better served standing on its own - you join an established thread, you are asking for a whole shitshow of hate. Plus, as you mention, most of what we do here would not be accepted. This is, what, the 2nd official thread? We can wait. Establish a community, then think about going bigger.. If the thread dies, who cares? Make another.

Meatloaf again?

>Hmm. Idle thought:
You can solo dm and play at same time, to write some story.
You could use a simulationist heavy system and so make sure you story follow cause and consequences.

You could even use this idea to write a gamebook. Just split the story into 2, after every X amount of rolls and readers will have to select one of the 2 choices.

The good point of solo rpg is that you play any system you want with any crazy houserule you may want to use

I'm just trying to create an immersive experience. Kind of like a tabletop MMO RPG, but there's just a massive amount of NPCs.