/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Femme Fatale edition

Previous Thread: >Hawk Wagame's website, with links to models, rules, and forums
hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>Phase 2 units
mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf

>Phase 2 fluff
mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builder
dzc-ffor.com/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial topic of the thread: What DFC ships are you extremely excited to use and see stats for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yif3FM6PQtw#t=18s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to use Seattle Class Carriers. Two of my kickstarter cruisers are going to be Seattles.

N E W . Y O R K
E
W

Y
O
R
K

Bellerophon, Heracles, Achilles.

Unf. She does all the right things to me.

How many threads in a row is this now? A dozen? Fucking good show, lads.

Where else will we ask daily for an update that will never come

Who else will we do stupid napkin math about ships we've never held in our hands

Have faith user. We have seen the cards. The dates are being set. It will be soon(TM).

In the meantime, paint your fucking DZ stuff.

Really though, what would happen if a jelly infected an abandonist?

Inspired by last thread.

>STAND ASIDE LITTLE ONES, I HAVE BIG FEET!
>I'LL CHIN YOU A GOOD ONE YOU SCURVY SCOURGE BASTARD!

Holy fuck I can't breathe

I assume the PHR have the nanobot equivalent of a cyanide pill stuck inside them just in case of that.

idgi

We were talking about the AI personalities of different walker muses

Type-1's are stoic butlers

Type-3's are hotshots

Type-4's are that glorious man

I imagine they likely have countermeasures. Like electroshock circuits to fry any sneaky tentacles.

How much do you guys wanna bet that Faction X is Resistance in space?

I'm still of the firm conviction that after the closing of the reconquest arc, the resistance will be absorbed into the UCM and the army itself will be squatted, thus allowing for a direct 1:1 faction correspondence with DFC and DZC.

So you want Hawk to kill off the Resistance as a playable faction. Lame. Battlestar Galactica crossed with Firefly Reavers is way cooler.

I didn't say I WANTED them to, I just don't see how the resistance can remain a relevant faction once the reconquest is over; at best they'll still be seeing some action on a single world.

Eh, I dunno. I don't think they'd just remove an entire faction from the game like that.

>once the reconquest is over
>The reconquest
>Ever being over
[smug spine rustling noises]

But in all seriousness the UCM have a long way to go before the reconquest can be declared "over". Earth and several other cradle worlds are still under heavy Scourge occupation, the Reconquest is starting to stall on several fronts (Olympus and Elysium to name a few) plus you have The Scourge invasion of Ferrum along with the PHR and Shaltari working toward their own goals.

I think we'll see it resolved by phase 4, maybe phase 5 if it goes on that long. Dave doesn't seem like the kind of guy to trap the universe in a status quo.

Remember, he's said that he wanted to have a max of 8 factions in the game.

I'm expecting for the reconquest arc to be concluded within the next few expansions, and then for a DZC 2.0 to be launched (this time with a properly made book with no typos, all the units, and all the rules compiled).

>tfw no second fast movers for Scourge, PHR, and Shaltari

Even when the reconquest is concluded. The UCM won't be able to defend everywhere. Resistance forces will be the primary bulwark on those planets. There will also be areas the UCM haven't pacified and counter attacks from other races. Resistance will still play a big role for a long time.

yeah youd definitely have to stop selling and allowing the use of an army once the story progresses past that point because you cant recreate historical battles in a wargame. I mean thats why no one does wargames about the napoleanic wars, WW2, or other ancient wars. Only current events are allowed.

>Even when the reconquest is concluded. The UCM won't be able to defend everywhere. Resistance forces will be the primary bulwark on those planets.
Except that, as we see on Eden, the resistance are actively being assimilated into the UCM, and the world itself is being re-industrialized to contribute to the war machine.

Nice false equivalency, but "getting no new units because the faction isn't a part of the story anymore" may as well be equivalent to being squatted.
In any case, it's a long time coming before this situation comes up, if it ever does, and the story can evolve in many ways.

That is because Eden is a success story for the most part. That was always going to happen to an extent because teh UCM will need the bodies. However, even though the battle is moving on Salakahn is not dead. It is hard to find a single person that has a whole planet to hide on. The scourge are still there as well.

The thing with reconquest is UCM is trying to take over multiple planets and star systems. The amount of man power that is required would be monumental. Some of these planets will be decades before they are completely pacified. It will take even longer if the Scourge make headway on colony worlds and the UCM have to divert forces.

I predict that some worlds are not going to be taken back right away. They will remain battlegrounds for a while because the war will expand and the UCM will be stretched thin. In some places, resistance will be attached to UCM to bolster local forces or to act as garrisons on conquered worlds. In other places the UCM is going to have to land skeleton crews on and ferry them supplies and rely on the resistance to do the heavy lifting. Fleet cuts off the planet. UCM provides support, but only enough forces to take certain areas. This covers the allied resistance.

For ferals you have worlds where reconquest hasn't reached because of PHR or Shaltari intervention. You also have warlords rising up after the scourge liberation. Some new ones might crop up if UCM blows it on their planet and they feel betrayed.

There is plenty of room for resistance to remain a factor for a long time. And even after that, there is still historical fights.

>I completely forgot the Orpheus was a complete Ajax + a troop carrier

Auto take

amazing

On top of what this user is saying, even on Eden Prime there are resistance forces still fighting against the UCM in the factories. That fighting could go on for years, considering how light the UCM are on troops.

>NICE SHOT, YOU SQUISHY LITTLE BASTARD, I COULD HAVE FARTED THAT ONE IN, YOU GREAT STEAMING PILLOCK

>UCM rocket team goes for rear armor
youtube.com/watch?v=yif3FM6PQtw#t=18s

I keep seeing "hotshot" every time the Apollo/Hera gets mentioned. Did I miss something while I was out?

not much to it I imagine. Heras and Apollos (and to a certain extent erebos walkers) all need to get up close and move much faster in comparison to their cousin walkers. That usually breeds pilots who are quick thinkers, and by extension those kind of pilots are hotshots who think the world of themselves because they can't doubt themselves in those quick moving situations.

Someone wrote a lovely story a few days ago that gave an idea of walker ai personality

Oh my, that's certainly something. Aella is a cute.

And I can't get enough of these PHR classical naming patterns, I hope we get a Diomedes-class dreadnought.

Does anyone have any success stories about getting people interested in and/or playing DZC in the States?

My admittedly isolated LGS missed the train back in 2012, but with Dropfleet coming Soon(TM) I think there might be a precious opportunity for getting people to try something other than 40k/Sigmar.

Are there any bundles of 10mm terrain that would go well with a starter set to draw people in for a test game?

>Initial topic
Mainly, I want to know what the shaltari's shooting looks like, both on cruiser and frigate variants. We kind of know what most UCM, scourge, and PHR guns do, but shaltari are still a little bit of a mystery. Their three main gun types are disruptors on ships which aren't mainly about shooting like the carrier and mothership, disintegrators which seem to be the faction's "main" gun, and the particle lance weaponry.

Just to collate what we (well, I) know about shaltari shooting so far:
>stats for frigate Disintegrator Bank from pic: 2 shots at 3+ lock
>same gun on a cruiser fired 4 shots per gun in BoW video (were called "ion cannons" then), still at 3+ lock
(So 8 shots for a weapons free Amber, or 12 for a weapons free Onyx. That means the shaltari's heavy cruiser is more shooty than the Moscow, but given the whole "glass cannon" thing this doesn't seem too unreasonable.)
>particle lances (on cruisers) are 2 damage per hit ignoring armour, or 3 damage if shields are down
>in BoW vid, particle lances were 1 shot per gun at 3+ lock
>CA generally a fixed value, so more reliable, but can't spike up to loads of shots like other factions' can
>some CA weapons (amethyst frigate for example) ignores PD
but some of that may be out of date. Any more anyone can add to that?

> What DFC ships are you extremely excited to use and see stats for?

Pew pew, primitives.

It's like an Amber and a Granite got stuck while mating. How lewd.

>WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE? I AM WARLEADER SIMON! MINE IS THE HAT THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

[hotblooded spine rustling]

>mfw Seti gets his hands on a platinum battleship later in the plot

>[CAW intensifies]

I overheard it mentioned that X will show up in space first, ground second.

So no.

Man, a 1 on 1 fight between an amethyst and a taipai is going to be close.

>Scourge list
>have Djinn for light slots
>Strix and Wyvern for medium slots
>supposedly Manticore for heavy slots
I'll call it "Crows!"

Oh shit lads, apparently the PHR Scipio battlecruiser is hangars and light cannons, so basically a super Ikarus without the prow weapon.

I was kind of hoping for it to have medium guns, or even heavy (if they were buffed)

I was hoping for mediums and heavies, but I guess maybe they'll show up in the expansion books whenever they come along.

>4 launch 12 light broadsides
>can fire 4 squadrons of bombers and 12 light shots on standard orders

I'm the guy shitting on PHR cruisers and *I* like it

Yeeeaaap PHR are gonna be the bomber faction.

Yeah me too. Double mediums or mediums and heavies would be rad.

But launch bays are probably superior anyway from what we've heard.

Yeah, I feel like medium would have differentiated it a bit from their only other carrier with broadsides, but hey, lights are pretty good too, seeing as how frigates are probably going to be the things you send after backfield units.

Saw these on the Hawk Forums, not going to lie, I like the hotrod aesthetic

Goddamn plastic Immortals are funny looking.

>BR0Ther dO yoU l0V3 mE
>stay aesthetic, brother
>stay aesthetic for the sphere

Hmm. I wonder if the sprues are modular enough that we can make the Scipio with kickstarter stuff.

I mean, as long as we have four hangars, it should be possible right?

>Urge to buy more metal immortals, rising

4 stands isn't enough anyway

Probably not with just a cruiser sprue but if you were a pure abandonist like me and got two Leonidas, it should be trivial to switch one to a Scipio

You should be, it looks like only the lower slots on the Leo are different from the normal weapons.

You'd only need one Leonidas.

Just grab the launch bays from the cruiser sprue and stick them where the medium guns are on the Leonidas.

Obviously I want one of each

>Atlantis
>Moscow's worth of guns and hangars
>Avalon
>pretty much two st Petes slapped together

>Basilisk
>maximum stealth, maximum stealth guns
>Manticore
>stealth, torpedoes, and CAW CAW CAW

>Leonidas
>maximum fleet destroyer
>Scipio
>BEEEEEEEEEEES

>Adamant
>almost a battleships worth of firepower, incredibly versatile

What does the Mithril do?

I think admiral said it had gravity coils so can move enemy ships around, good CA and "harpoon cascade CA"(?), some form of bombard I think. Seems like the tricksy shaltari ship

I would actually imagine the avalons super laser is probably just the two St Petersburg BTLs with a higher total damage allowance and the extra turrets

Two St Petersburgs strapped together would be mind boggling damage

>even if all non frigate carriers are rare in PHR they can still take combined 10 launch capacity before having to take any frigates or doubling up on any ship

UCM can actually get 11 (presuming the Atlantis is launch 3 like the Seattle) but that's a BB, a BC and a cruiser as opposed to a BC, HC and a cruiser. Plus unlimited spammed frigates

This.

IIRC it also gets so hot that firing it slaps you with a spike.

Do keep in mind that fleets have a maximum launch capacity of launch assets, based on game size.

>Two St Petersburgs strapped together would be mind boggling damage

>inb4 that's what the UCM dreadnought has

>UCM Dreadnought is just a big ass laser. Literally a deathstar.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Yang Wang

> Yang Wang

I don't know what that is bruh

Weebshit

>weebtreasure

Fixed

Even great animu is weebshit, user.

I don't disagree but thankfully LoGH always managed to avoid all the normal tropes that send typical fa/tg/uys into their self conscious sperg sprees.

It makes up for it by being utterly homoerotic but whatever, no homo

I just like it for the ships and because *spoilers*the big empire actually beat the plucky democratic freedom dudes for once

Lads, what's the best PHR two-color scheme you've seen.

Pic maybe related.

Not a fan of that scheme desu familia

I'm not even sure two-tone is the way to go with PHR

I think they look great in grey and orange. I'm a big fan of this dude's work.

That actually looks great, except for two things

>red panel lines
It just clashes horribly with the silver/grey; normal black wash would have been better.

>windowed/black sensor domes
This one just triggers my autism, but they would actually look better in the orange rather than the gloss black.

Yeah, doing the sensor domes like the shaltari was a bit of an odd move. I think using a third colour for them works though - for me it somehow solves the asymmetry of the type-1 walkers to have the sensor module in a different colour to the rest of the model. And yes, I do realise how silly it is to say making them more asymmetric with the colour scheme solves their asymmetry, but this just does work better to my eyes.

My PHR ground force is red, black and off white (sorta unit 02 scheme) on snow base, will take photos later

my space forces will be red panels, black/dark metal, not sure what I will go with for the lights. If drop troop commander comes out they will have white and black as main colours with red detail so I can have the schemes match all the way through just swap primary colour.

>I think using a third colour for them works though
Google says that a pea green or navy blue would work as a third color, but I don't know how I feel about that.

Maybe just a darker grey than the hull?

I did something similar for my Medusas if you look closely...

christ those plastics. The metals are waaaay better...

Navy blue might work, or a darker grey. I feel pea green would draw the eye too much (a bit like the gloss black does) when the sensor panels aren't what you want the focus of the model to be.

Holy shit son, that looks great!

And absolutely, the plastic infantry are irredeemably bad except for maybe the Shaltari.

A darker grey would probably be best, along with black wash rather than red.

>Hiigaran symbol

Neat

Those are some seriously nice models. Top work fella.

Is that a hiigaran logo I see?

Thanks user. Yeah, homeworld themed PHR. Considering something similar for my DropFleet.

Certainly looks like the Hiigara fleet logo.

How'd you get that effect on the smaller sensor domes, like on the Triton Xs? Gold with a heavy wash?

I want to see a Nemesis or Hades done in that scheme, I bet it'd look great

The logo works really well, definitely fits PHR.

It'll be interesting with dropfleet; while the dropzone PHR lend themselves well to two- or three-tone schemes with lots of nice crisp lines between panels, the big thing about PHR spaceships is there are no lines, the main body is purposefully just one big surface. It'll be an interesting challenge to translate a two-tone scheme onto PHR ships, or (for anyone getting into dropfleet first) a single-tone scheme onto PHR ground units.

>PHR concerned about a "threat to all life"
>Scourge are a parasitic race that hunt organic sapients to take as hosts
>"threat to all life" implies something that will destroy all life, itself not being alive
>ancient AI /artificial race dedicated to eradicating the Scourge
>it's figured that the best way to destroy the Scourge is to not only destroy it, but also destroy its food
>"food" meaning all sapient organics
>it's actually not malignant in any meaningful form, it's just a "tile the universe in paperclips" situation; it's utility function has evolved beyond what its creators intended
Calling it now

Don't forget that the White Sphere may well have "escaped" or "defected" from this AI Exterminator entity.

>>"food" meaning all sapient organics

Actually, shit, I just realized it gets even worse than this. Scourge hosts don't need to be sapient; it's just more useful if they are, along with them needing some kind of useful manipulators.

It's like Halo all over again.

And maybe if the godball wants people to stop ignoring it then it should actually explain the situation instead of spouting vague bullshit like an amateur fortune teller.