/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ea5jKFGgUw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Primordial Edition! Because the Primordials are awesome.

So, let's talk spirits. Gods, Demons, Yozis, Raksha, whatever. How do you like to portray them? Are there any other media that serve as good inspiration for them?

Going to dump my take on Swallowing Darkness Style in a minute.

>Primordial Edition! Because the Primordials are awesome.
The Primordials are awesome. Hegra and Elloge are my waifus while Oramus is my bro.

Anyway I've decided to go read the old Exalted threads found on 4pleps starting with the oldest ones there from 2013.

Swallowing Darkness Style
>Minimums: Athletics 1, Performance 1, Stamina 2, Compassion 2, Appearance 3
>Compatible weapons: Sexual organs, whips, ribbons, or long hair. Incompatible with armor.

Charms:

Receiving the Thrust
Cost: 1m
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 1, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
A skilled lover knows how to handle the occasional thrust. The martial artist may negate the Piercing or overpowering tag on any attack for a single mote of essence. The offending weapon is coated with sweat and the martial artist's sexual juices congealed from their essence.

Stripping Your Partner
Cost: Variable
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 1, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Bulky clothing and hard armor tend to get in the way of carnal enjoyment. With this charm the martial artist can bypass this obstacle. Paying one mote of essence per two levels of soak, the martial artist may strip away an opponent's armor when establishing or taking an action while in control of a grapple. The offending garments are found strewn all about the area wanton passion after the charm's use. This charm can be used as part of a stunt at no cost to remove mundane clothing that does not provide any soak value, such is the force of the martial artist's libido.

Already Ready Again Attitude
Cost: None
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 2, Essence 1
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Receiving the Thrust, Stripping Your Partner
The wanton lover always rises at the prospect of more, and students of Swallowing Darkness Style can always be described as wanton. After succeeding in a grapple gambit the martial artist may opt to reset his initiative to the level of his Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) level instead of resetting to base initiative.

>posting bit by bit

Swallowing Darkness Form
Cost: 3m
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 3, Essence 1
Duration: One scene
Keywords: Form charm
Prerequisite Charms: Already Ready Again Attitude
As the demonic lover assumes a wantonly alluring pose, she is sheathed in swirling veils of sensual shadow that accentuate her shape and promise to privately reward those who embrace her. The martial artist has a pool of counterattacks that she may draw from equal to her essence rating plus her rating in Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness). This pool of counterattacks may only be used to make grappling gambits at an opponent that she can reach.

As an additional effect, so long as Swallowing Darkness Form is active the martial artist no longer suffers from mobility penalties while grappling: she is as comfortable writhing with her partners as she is standing.

Rapture in Darkness Atemi
Cost: 4m
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 4, Essence 1
Type: Simple
Prerequisite Charms: Swallowing Darkness Form
With a lascivious smirk the martial artist reaches out and touches in just the right way to turn her soon-to-be lover into a quivering pool. The martial artist makes a withering attack against her opponent. If this attack is successful, the victim is subject to the following effects:
-The victim may not make a reflexive move away from the martial artist for the rest of the scene without the aid of a charm or stunt. A non-reflexive move away is penalized by the martial artist's appearance rating.
-The martial artist may subtract her appearance from her opponent's DV from her next [Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness)] grapple attempts.

Cloaked in Lust Approach
Cost: None
Type: Permanent
Duration: Variable
Sheathed in lust, the martial artist radiates a miasma of carnal energy while she has a lover in her embrace. So long as the martial artist has established a grapple on at least one opponent she enjoys a bonus to her physical DVs equal to her martial arts/2.

Bite the Pillow Method
Cost: 1m
Pain is often a part of passion, and whether giving or receiving the martial artist knows how to brace for delivery. This charm may be activated in two situations: when the martial artist is savaging a victim in her embrace, or when the martial artist is struck while in the midst of a grapple. In the former instance this charm allows the martial artist to add her essence rating in successes to her damage pool. In the latter situation the martial artist may add her essence to her soak.

Virgin Ravishing Technique
Cost: 6m, 1wp
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 5, Essence 2
Keywords: Crippling, Decisive
Prerequisites Charms: Rapture in Darkness Atemi, Cloaked in Lust Approach
A student of Swallowing Darkness Style responds to the innocence of one embraced as though it were an invitation to enjoy a rare and delicate treat. Sensing a disparity in their level of savvy and control over the situation, the martial artist may activate this charm while in control of a grapple in lieu of their normal options of savaging, throwing, or releasing an opponent. Radiating waves of piercing lust, she resonates her essence through her opponent as she ravishes him, leaving the poor fool a quivering mess.

This attack is a Decisive Gambit: the martial artist rolls as though making a decisive attack against her clinched opponent, breaking the clinch at the end of the attack. This damage is inflicted normally, but for every health level of damage inflicted she imposes a -1 internal penalty on their ability to act for the scene. Additionally, for every health level of damage she inflicts she may add one to her initiative as the clinch breaks and her initiative resets. Additionally she is able to utilize Already Ready Again Attitude as though she had just succeeded in grappling an opponent.

>ARA Attitude
SDS confirmed for best style.

Defiling Dragon Dance
Cost: 5m
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 5, Essence 2
Duration: One Scene
Laughing at the simplistic taboos and limits of those with lesser appetites, the martial artist moves to devour every pleasure both plain and exquisite laid out before her. Caught in the fervor of dark lust, her pupils turn white and her body gyrates sensuously, driven by an infectious music. This charm may be activated at the same time as Swallowing Darkness Form. For so long as Defiling Dragon Dance is active the martial artist's pool of counterattacks becomes unlimited, much like her voracious hunger. In addition, the martial artist adds her essence rating to every Gambit to clinch her opponents. Once grappled opponents suffer an external penalty equal to the martial artist's essence to contest control of the clinch.

Additionally, upon sending an opponent into initiative crash or defeat during a clinch, the martial artist may regain one willpower or one virtue channel. Such is her catharsis.

>upon sending an opponent into initiative crash or defeat during a clinch, the martial artist may regain one willpower or one virtue channel
>initiative crash
>virtue channel

No wonder I couldn't fucking tell what edition you were writing for, goddamn.

Swallowed Darkness, Darkness Swallows
Cost: N/A
Mins: Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) 5, Essence 3
Type: Upgrade
While it is one thing to sample one lover at a time, there is always room for more lovers in the dark comfort of the boudoir, and so it is with Masters of the Swallowed Darkness Style. This charm permanently upgrades Swallowing Darkness Form. Any time Swallowing Darkness Form is active, and the martial artist has already established control over a clinch with one opponent, she may still reflexively use one of her pool of counterattacks to grapple an opponent attacking her within her reach. She may maintain up to her martial arts rating in these grapples, so long as she can describe how they are maintained with a sufficient stunt. Control of these grapples are tracked separately, as every lover is a unique experience to be tasted, even simultaneously. She may still only use her own action to initiate a single primary clinch at a time. Additional clinches can only occur due to the use of her charms.

Shit, they ditched virtue channels in 3e didn't they?

Also I'm done posting it, that's the capstone charm. Obviously the conversion from 2e to 3e was a little rocky. Definitely looking for feedback and constructive criticism.

>Already Ready Again Attitude
>After succeeding in a grapple gambit the martial artist may opt to reset his initiative to the level of his Martial Arts (Swallowing Darkness) level instead of resetting to base initiative.

Just a note here that succeeding in the grapple gambit wouldnt reset you to base initiative, it'd just subtract the gambits cost +1 from your init.
I think you meant to say that they can activate this after a decisive savaging attack.

Boys, I'm having a little bit of a problem.

You guys know how nearly every ST guide recommends not having a "white room" battlefield, that is, a battlefield where nothing ever happens. So, I'm considering having a shifting battlefield. Stuff like Guy A punching Guy B so hard he breaks a wall and they both enter a new battlefield, with new things to stunt with.

Now, what concerns me is how could this be done mechanically. Would both automatically move a range band? Would they have moved narratively, but mechanically be in the same place?

The way I've often handled it is if both parties think it would be cool to be smacked into a new area and be willing to spend the movement to work in tandem, than go ahead. Narratively or mechanically.

The other option is for the current battlefield to collapse into a new one.

Consider pinching the range system from Modiphius' 2d20 systems. Divide the area up into zones, the number of zones between your zone and your target's zone give you the range.

I should have been much more clear, sorry. Other than that how's it look?

OPed? Underwhelming? Not enough flavor?

Think Pirates of the Caribbean: lots of stunt fodder, and a simple stunt might take you from one range band to another. Plus that kind of chaos means extras running in and out if you're into that.

Minimums: You mention compassion but use 3e mechanics... Pardon? Minimums were also mostly dealt away with, but I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Receiving the Thrust: Overpowering isn't a tag in 3e, unless you mean something like minimum damage. Piercing is nice to reduce, but you can't use armour and need to rely on natural soak so that purpose is entirely worthless.

Stripping your Partner: Paying 1m per 2 soak reduction for armour is fine, maybe resulting from a ravage in a grapple. Language needs to be cleaned up.

Already Ready Again: This charm does nothing. You don't reset to base initiative at all upon succeeding at a grapple, rather just lose an amount equal to the cost of the gambit+1.

Form: Needs to be buffed a tiny bit. I think allowing double 10s on the gambit or the control roll should work as well. Change 'suffering from mobility penalties' to 'suffers no penalties at all when grappling'. Increase cost to 8m if these effects are used.

Rapture in Darkness: I'm fine with the first bit, but reducing defense by that much is a very big deal.

Cloaked in Lust: Should just be a buff to the form, but I like it

[1/2]

[2/2]

Bite the Pillow: Needs clarification. Withering or Decisive for the first? If so use the proper keywords. Not sure about how it also increases soak. I think taking an idea from Celestial Tiger Hide may be a better example. Also needs a much increased cost in motes. I'd probably make it something like "1m per threshold, Dual, when making a ravage a withering ravage attack, you may spend 1m per threshold success over defense to add those threshold successes post soak instead of pre-soak. For Decisive attacks, spend 1m to add one additional damage per threshold success to a maximum of APP"

Virgin Ravishing Technique: I actually really like this. Good balance, good effect.

Defiling Dragon Stance: External penalties are no longer a thing, so you may want to say subtract successes or something like that. Also doing an external is far too strong, I'd say just use "applies a penalty of (Martial Artist's Essence or 3, higher)" instead. Regaining WP is fine, but virtue channels?

Swallowed Darkness, Darkness Swallows: I like, possibly a mastery effect where you can inflict a single decisive attack on everyone grappled for a certain amount+1 for each one grappled after which the grapples immediately end, or something like that.

It seems like you got the hang of it for the last few charms, but the beginning charms are in need of dire revision.

>Receiving the Thrust

Edition wonkyness. Maybe it'd be better as a generic soak booster.

>Stripping

Clean is good.

>ARA

I should probably make it reduce the cost of the gambit or let it apply after a decisive savage or throw.

>Form

I'm unsure how to balance a buff of it since it gets a lot stronger with the higher level charms.

>Rapture in Darkness

Well yes, but they have to hit upfront. I might halve the penalty though.

>Bite the Pillow
It should be withering. The idea is that it's both an attack and a defense.

>Virgin Ravishing Technique
Thanks.

>Defiling Dragon Stance
I'll make some adjustments, more edition wonkyness.

>Swallowed Darkness, Darkness Swallows
I was worried about this one being OP'd.

MA's in 3e are harder, with a lot of them being stronger than Solar charms.

I mean with your current form? Crane is FAR stronger. It can already do multiple counterattacks, buffs your defense, and removes initiative cost from full defense so you become a super turtle. Tiger form is outright NASTY (Especially against a clinched opponent).

I'd say remove the pool of counterattacks and allow infinite ones out the gate, but you can't attack someone else if you have them grappled along with neutralizing the penalty which normally apply to all actions when grappled. Probably not as strong as Crane form, but good enough.

Oh, and make it also say you suffer no penalties while prone. It fits with the style thematically and if an opponent is prone it could often mean more trouble for them as well.

Maybe a charm you can use when grappling someone automatically allows you and them to go down prone? Bonuses if you're prone? Food for thought.

I like the prone bonuses and the unlimited counterattack thing. Maybe being able to automatically take an opponent clinched prone with you, or non-prone. It bares contemplation.

An automatic clinch counterattack is strong enough. Clinching is hella strong because if it lands, than the opponent is in serious pain as his defense is zero.

Making martial arts is tough, but thankfully we have a wide array of them. When making your style, compare it to other martial arts, especially Dreaming Pearl and/or Black Claw. As yourself "Is my MA strong enough to warrant taking it over this MA nor too strong to seem like a brain dead choice" and "Does it do something the other MA's don't"

>than the opponent is in serious pain as his defense is zero.

Against only you, it's worth saying. Against everyone else he only eats a -2.

True, but still very much worth it.

Who would be a more horrifying practitioner of swallowed darkness style? A fire aspect dragonblooded, an infernal, an abyssal, or a lunar during beastman transformation.

Going by the style as I've written it? I don't know, the lunar from the core had a few charms that synergize well with grappling as a fighting style plus damage boosters as part of DBT iirc. Infernals and Abyssals probably have better native charms and essence that go along with it, but we don't know what they look like this edition. The fire db can cook a grappled opponent with their anima banner though.

I honestly have no clue. I'd personally run a Sidereal Chosen of Venus, and also train SVoP.

Venus Flytrap Lunar

I'm ment horrifying as in pants shitting terror rather than crunch effectiveness but those all bring up rather good points

Depends on if you fear fiery rape, demon rape, vampire/zombie rape, or furry rape most.

Oh, we're posting homebrew styles here now? Would it be alright to dump a conversion for Arms of the Unconquered Sun I did for feedback? I posted it on the OPP forums a while back, but the thread didn't get any posts after I redid the original (and shitty) version.

Presence/Socialize which is better for seduction? I figure it'd be Presence, just want to make sure.

What about tentacle rape?

Definitely the Lunar then.
Lunars can do all four at once. At least in 2e where they could turn into furry demons with lamprey mouths, fire tentacles and fifty penises.

Now I want to play a Lunar.

I've been wanting to run a Quoll-Lion lunar since I read about them in the core. Might be a bit broken though.

By all means.

Why do lunars suddenly make me want to see a priest or jump into the void when I'm a lucifarian who loves life?

Because their book manages to have a significant quantity of creepy shit without crossing the line into Edgy Stupidland the way infernals did?

>Hideous Maw: The character has a second mouth some-
>where on her body, most commonly on her stomach. This
>mouth must be used for eating, and the character can no
>longer eat through her normal mouth. The Hideous Maw is
>at least one foot wide (and may be larger if the character is
>a Lunar or otherwise capable of shapeshifting) and ringed
>with sharp teeth. Some Wyld mutants with this blight also
>gain the Tentacles blight (Exalted, p. 289), with the tentacles
>taking the form of viscera exploding from the mutant’s body
>while the maw is open. The effects are otherwise identical
>to the Tentacles blight… just more disgusting.

And with Hybrid Body Rearrangement, Lunars can turn this kind of mutation ON AND OFF AT WILL. One moment, perfectly normal crotch, the next, vagina dentata opening up to the navel.

So, new question, will this kind of thing become the new mainstay for infernals? If so what could lunars end up with?

What, HBR? It's probably still a Lunar trick.

Infernal self-mutation (mutilation) tends to be permanent. You don't get to turn the giant flaming eye in your head on and off, it stays there, because you invited that power into your body, fucko.

Lunars are the ones that turn their extra eyeballs on and off like a light, and considering that even chimerism is becoming something Lunars intentionally choose to do rather than an expression of their Curse in 3e, they're probably still keeping shit like HBR.

Alright then. This is gonna take multiple posts, give me a sec to copy+paste all that.

Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style

Ages ago, this style was invented by a Zenith caste solar, who’s name has long been forgotten to time. Legend has it that the style’s founder sought to learn from the Unconquered Sun himself, but was denied access to his patron by the celestial bureaucracy, who claimed he was too busy to see him directly. In protest. The solar fasted at the gates of Yu-Shan for a hundred days and a hundred nights, to prove his dedication to his goal. On the dawn of the hundredth day, Sol Invictus finally took notice of his fasting son and, pleased by his child’s dedication, granted his wish. Although the young Zenith could not hope to entirely match the sun’s divine perfection, he was able to emulate it. The result was this style, which honors the Unconquered Sun whilst bringing death to the practitioner’s enemies.

This style is equally a fighting style and a method of worship. In emulating the sun’s prowess, they do him honor as they defeat their foes in battle. The style fell into obscurity after the Usurpation, but survives today amongst a small demographic of Lunars, many of whom were the bondmates of a solar practitioner. It also survives in the libraries of the Sidereals in Yu-Shan, who feared inciting the wrath of the Unconquered Sun should they let his style fade from memory. Since the return of the Solars, however, the style has seen more use, as the Solars recall it’s various techniques from a past life.

Weapons
Traditionally, Arms of the Unconquered Sun is practiced unarmed. However, practitioners may also treat the Cestus and Smashfist as style weapons. A practitioner of this style may inflict lethal damage with any of these weapons without performing a stunt if the user wishes.

Armor
Arms of the Unconquered Sun style is compatible with Medium and Light armor.

Piercing Rays of Dawn
Cost: 5m, 3i
Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1
Type:Supplemental
Keywords: Uniform, Mastery
Prerequisite Charms:None

Just as dawn’s light pierces the cloudy horizon, the martial artist pierces his foe’s defenses with the might of his fists. This charm allows the stylist to ignore (Martial Arts) soak and hardness on an attack, to a minimum of 0.

Mastery: If the attack hits and deals damage, the target’s soak is reduced by one for the rest of the scene, to a minimum of 0. This effect stacks. If the target is wearing mundane armor and this would reduce the amount of soak it provides to zero, then the target’s armor is completely destroyed. Artifact armor cannot be destroyed in this fashion.

Radiant Fortitude of the Unconquered
Cost: Varies (1i per point of Wound Penalties ignored)
Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1
Keywords: None

The sun shines high above Creation as it’s undisputed king. Not through divine birthright, but because it has withstood countless trials and remains unconquered. Drawing from this, the martial artist refuses to submit to his foes, shrugging off even the most grievous wounds.

When suffering from Wound Penalties, the martial artist may invoke this charm to ignore them completely for one tick. To do this, he must spend a point of initiative per point of Wound Penalty is ignoring. If he so chooses, the martial artist may also choose to only pay part of this cost, reducing his Wound Penalty rather than eliminating it completely. His Wound Penalties return to normal immediately after the tick in which he invokes this charm.

Peaceful Rest of Twilight
Cost: 4m
Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1
Keywords: Perilous, Dual
Duration: Until Next Turn

The setting of the sun is not a final farewell but merely a moment of rest, with the promise of a swift return. Emulating this promise, the martial artist recovers from his fatigue and continues to fight on. The martial artist ignores all Onslaught Penalties until his next turn.

Additionally, after activating this charm, the martial artist keeps track of the Onslaught Penalties he would have suffered had he not activated this charm. On his next turn, if he successfully hits an opponent with a withering attack, he may add an amount of dice to his raw damage equal to the Onslaught Penalties he would have suffered. A Decisive attack instead adds (Onslaught Penalties/2, rounded down) to his raw damage.

Day and Night Kata
Cost: 3m

The sun is relentless in chasing the darkness, following them to the ends of Creation in a single day. Though he must rest each night, he always rises each morning to chase them away again. Inspired by this fervor, the martial artist refuses to let any of his foes escape his wrath. This charm grants the martial artist bonus dice equal to his (Martial Arts) to contest a single Disengage action.

Harmony of Heaven Stance
Cost: 5m
Keywords: Perilous

The eclipse represents harmony in heaven, as all the celestial bodies gather together in the sky. The martial artist emulates this harmony in his technique, leaving his foes in awe of his prowess.

This charm is invoked after an enemy targets the martial artist with an attack, but before the attack is rolled or other charms are declared. The martial artist makes a reflexive roll of (Charisma+Presence) against the attacker’s Resolve. If this roll succeeds, the attacker is left in awe of the martial artist’s prowess, and the attack does not occur (although it does waste the attacker’s combat action for the turn). The attacker may spend a point of Willpower to resist this influence, and if he does so then he may not be targeted by this charm again for the remainder of the scene unless the martial artist resets it by landing three consecutive attacks against the opponent.

Arms of the Unconquered Sun Form
Cost: 10m (+1m)
Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2
Keywords: Form
Duration: One Scene
Prerequisite Charms: Piercing Rays of Dawn, Shadow-Dispersing Light Meditation, Peaceful Rest of Twilight, Day and Night Kata, Harmony of Heaven Stance

Just as the sun transitions across the sky, the martial artist transitions between the various stances of this form. Upon activating this charm, the martial artist selects one of the stances listed below, gaining it’s benefits. He may reflexively transition between these stances once per round, spending a mote of essence when he does.

Rising Sun Stance
The martial artist focuses on crushing his enemies, throwing his full strength into every strike. He may double up to (Martial Arts) 9s on a Withering damage roll, or up to (Martial Arts) 10s on a Decisive damage roll.

(Continued, charm was too big for character limit)

Arms of the Unconqiered Sun Form (Continued)

Shining Sun Stance
The martial artist assumes a defensive stance, enduring his opponent’s strikes until he may deliver a telling blow. He adds (Essence) to his soak while assuming this stance, and gains (Essence) Hardness. Against Creatures of Darkness, the stylist also gains (Essence) Decisive soak while maintaining this stance.

Fading Sun Stance
The martial artist watches his opponent carefully, searching for the perfect opening in his defense. On a successful Withering attack, he converts a number of post-soak damage dice into automatic successes equal to his opponent's current Onslaught Penalty. On a successful Decisive attack, he converts a number of threshold success into raw damage dice equal to his opponent’s current Onslaught Penalty.

Sleeping Sun Stance
The martial artist adopts a stance which lets him deliver sudden, lightning-fast strikes, punishing those who cannot keep up with him. He adds (Essence) dice to all attack rolls against those who have not acted yet this round. Against a crashed opponent who has not acted yet this round, he also adds (Essence) dice to the raw damage of his attacks as well.

Harmonious Eclipse Stance
The martial artist exaggerates his movements, putting on an intimidating display that leaves his enemies afraid to strike him. While maintaining this stance, anyone attacking the martial artist must pay 2 initiative first. Enemies using multi-attack charms such as Hammer on Iron Technique or One Weapon, Two Blows need only pay this cost once. Enemies that are crashed may still pay this cost, driving themselves further into the negatives, and if an opponent crashes themselves this way the martial artist gains the bonus to initiative he would normally receive for crashing an enemy.

Special Activation Rules: The martial artist may activate this charm reflexively after crashing or incapacitating an enemy.

Meditation Upon the Spear
Cost: 6m 1wp
Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2
Keywords: Withering-Only, Terrestrial
Prerequisite Charms: Arms of the Unconquered Sun Form

The spear carried by the Unconquered Sun is a simple weapon, serving only one purpose. But it is also nimble, able to strike down foes from a multitude of angles. In its simplicity, it is a thing of awe and fear. Drawing from this example, the martial artist unleashes a flurry of strikes along many different vectors at a single opponent, each ultimately connecting in the same place.

The martial artist makes an normal martial arts attack. If this attack inflicts damage, he immediately follows it up with an additional attack, and should that attack also inflict damage, he repeats this sequence until he either fails to inflict damage (either by failing to beat his opponent’s Defense or by simply getting no successes on the damage roll) or (Martial Arts+Essence) total attacks have been delivered. These attacks may target separate foes if there is more than one enemy within range.

Terrestrial: Dragon-Blooded may only make a maximum of (Martial Arts) attacks using this charm.

Meditation Upon the Horn
Cost: 4m 1wp
Keywords: Perilous

When the Unconquered Sun winds his horn, the unrighteous tremble, feeling their feeble pretensions of strength drain away. Emulating this, the martial artist lets out a powerful kiai, which sends his opponent's reeling back in terror.

The martial artist activates this charm as his combat action for the turn. He then rolls (Charisma+Martial Arts) against the Resolve of all enemies out to medium range. If this overcomes any of their Resolves, they immediately lose an amount of Initiative equal to the previous roll’s number of successes. The martial artist does not gain this lost Initiative, instead gaining an amount of initiative equal to the number of successes on his previous (Charisma+Martial Arts) roll.

Against an enemy Battle Group, the Battle Group must instead perform a Rout check at +1 Difficulty.

Meditation Upon the Shield
Cost: 5m 1wp
Keywords: Counterattack, Withering-Only

The shield of the Unconquered Sun is used both to catch blows and to batter his enemies. It teaches martial artists to be active even in their passive defenses.

This charm is invoked after the martial artist is successfully hit by a withering attack. Resolve the enemy’s damage, and then note down the amount of successes on his damage roll. The martial artist then retaliates with his own withering attack. If the attack hits, the martial artist adds the amount of successes his opponent’s damage roll earned as non-charm bonus dice to his raw damage.

Meditation Upon the Laurel
Cost: 5m 1wp
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Decisive-Only

The fourth arm of the Unconquered Sun clutches a laurel branch, symbolizing peace and prosperity. It is the prize for which the other arms of the Unconquered Sun strive. Mindful of this lesson, the martial artist imposes peace through any means necessary. Concentrating for a moment and then launching a precise, forceful strike to his opponent’s solar plexus, the character disrupts Essence flow through that key meridian.

The martial artist supplements a Decisive attack with this charm. Should the attack hit, it applies a special Crippling effect on the target in addition to dealing normal HL damage. This Crippling effect forces the target to add a surcharge equal to his current Wound Penalty to the cost of any Essence expenditures he makes for the duration of the scene.

If the attack this charm supplements should incapacitate the target before it's effect can come into effect, the martial artist is refunded the cost of this charm.

Crowned Sun Stance
Cost: --
Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3
Type: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Meditation Upon the Spear, Meditation Upon the Horn, Meditation Upon the Shield, Meditation Upon the Laurel.

At this stage, the martial artist’s techniques begin to truly embody the perfection of the Unconquered Sun. This charm permanently upgrades the Arms of the Unconquered Sun form charm. The martial artist may now receive the benefits of two stances at once, and may reflexively switch both of them once per round. If he changes two stances at once, the 1m surcharge stacks, becoming a 2m surcharge.

-------
Okay! That's the end of the style. Thoughts? This was my first stab at homebrewing an MA, so feedback definitely helps.

Pastebin is also a thing ya know

...Shit, I should have dime that. Well, too late now anyways.

>dime
Done. Autocorrect is weird.

So you like bookworms?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ea5jKFGgUw

Form charms should still be Essence 1. All the styles in the book are that way.

Single Point, Crane and Righteous Devil all have their forms at Essence 2. Steel Devil has three forms, second one at E2 and third at E3.

Has anyone used that db homebrew from the forums in their game?

To be honest I find it hard to believe the Solar could defeat Isidoros who was supposed to give no fuck to anything, like he should be in top 3 strongest Primordial after Theion and Adrian, yet he was beaten and accepted to be bounded in Malfeas

Can't not give a fuck when your dead and the dead primordials scare the shit out of you.

>So, new question, will this kind of thing become the new mainstay for infernals?

What?

No, and not only no, but how did infernals even get into this question? Hideous Maw is a general mutation, which was printed in the Lunars book. Did I miss some interesting release about infernals?

Well, the premises of the question is that something like that is utterly horrifying and alien. Something infernals prized themselves on while lunars themes are supposed to be natural ability and their animal aspects, while wyld mutations And Chimeraism was supposed to be their other half of their curse. Somehow it became the mainstay of their ability's.

I gotta disagree here. One could just as well argue that Lunars were supposed to be many-faced changing outsiders and on that ground should be the ones getting happy fun time bodies, while Infernals were supposed to be based on the losers of the last war wanting a rematch against the winners, even using modded Solar exaltations, and should therefore be more like Solars.

Don't wank Isidoros too hard, now.

>he should be in top 3 strongest Primordial after Theion and Adrian

Yet they got fucked too. In fact, Adrian explicitly had their fetich slain, warping them into Adorjan, so they just straight-up lost in a fight. Theion by definition had to have been either stronger (in the sense of sheer brute force) than Isidoros or equally or almost as strong such that his other supreme faculties made him superior because that was his deal - the tautology that he was THE KING therefore he was THE BEST therefore he was THE KING.

Let's not forget She Who Lives In Her Name and the Three Spheres Cataclysm. Or the degree of sheer reality warping, concept inverting might possessed by Oramus such that Deliberative had to seal him in his own prison. Or how no one wishes for Sacheverell to awaken for fear of his deterministic prognostications. Or how none of them would be around in the first place if not for Cytherea... even the Dragon's Shadow, who, being his own can of worms, is divergent in nature to the rest of them and was partially responsible for getting all the rest of them fucked over - likely an aspect of his overarching scheme to be the greatest being in existence so he can dominate everything by somehow, someway escaping Hell while the others are left shackled there.

Not all these transcendent world-beings had to get their testicles caved in to give up. With another thousand years, maybe the Primordials would have even won - who knows? But they gave in because the cost was too high. Once they saw the Neverborn, something that had absolutely never existed before - sick, rotting perversions of the cosmic principles the titans held as their sacred identities - even Theion's unparalleled morale was shot. The idea that any more of them - especially the ones more vulnerable than the defeated Adrian - could end up like that was probably the impetus for surrender. Mutilation was preferable to joining the ranks of the Neverborn.

Actually, the apex of each Infernal tree - the Shintai, especially the Malfeas one - were fucking kickass, because you just irradiated every motherfucker in the area.

>Theion by definition had to have been either stronger (in the sense of sheer brute force) than Isidoros or equally or almost as strong such that his other supreme faculties made him superior because that was his deal - the tautology that he was THE KING therefore he was THE BEST therefore he was THE KING.

Wearing a crown has nothing to do with strength. Theion was king by concept and title, also backed by the hierarchy-happy She Who Lives In Our Wordcount, not because he could punch out the other primordials.

What's the penalty for attacking a flying opponent in melee?

>Theion was king by concept and title

Where again did Mardukth fit in among the Primordials?

Nothing?

The game doesn't care, so long as you have a method to reach them, like Monkey Leap Technique and its line of Charms.

Hugely immense primeval beast king who was usurped by Theion.

Eventually became He Who Holds In Thrall, by far the most active dick among the Neverborn.

>Of the Primordials it is said that there was one King, the Holy Tyrant, King of All Kings. Yet there was another who was King, in the time before the Empyreal crossed the void over Kimbery. It is a thing not spoken of—do not ask the titans, for they will profess no memory of such a thing—but Mardukth was a King until the Holy Tyrant came to Zen-mu. Then there was a war of unthinkable length and unknowable scope, and the titans who stood with Mardukth stood with him no more, and then Mardukth who was King was King no more. And it is a thing not spoken of.
>Mardukth was both the Mountain and the Beast Upon It. He was a mountain that was so high it did not know the earth, and the mountain was his throne, and the horns of his head held up the sky.
>He would ask the fields, “Am I truly Mardukth?” and mountains would rise up from the fields and say, “Yes, it is truly you. There can be none other.”
>Which would only satisfy him for a time, until he would ask the waters, “Where is Mardukth?” and Kimbery would send her waves hard upon the shore to drown his query, and flood his foothills, showing him his reflection so that he could see that he was indeed still Mardukth.
>Then after a time, he would ask the skies, “Who am I?” and the skies would grow black and laden with the thunder that was his name, and they would say, “Mardukth, Mardukth, Who Holds in Thrall.” Then for a time, the Mountain and the Beast Upon It would be satisfied.
>But soon again he would ask the world, “Who is the one called Mardukth?” and the world, weary of his question, would grow new skies and new plains, new land and new sea, with which to admire the power and the name of the Mountain and the Beast Upon It.
>By the call and question of Mardukth, Zen-mu was given growth and sacred memory.

So Zen-Mu was powered by narcissism and autism?

Well, 2e Primordials were all modeled after personality disorders, so most likely yes.

So what's every ones take on Exalted gaining immortality of the non-aging kind? Should it be something relatively easily obtained to get it out of the way so they can focus on other things, an epic undertaking that few will achieve even for an Exalted, or perhaps the power inherent to the Exaltation simply burns too bright for the mortal frame housing ensuring that have a set number of years before it overwhelms them.

Personally, I prefer the last two.

Isn't that a Solar Sorcerous Working? Abyssals already have it, and Infernals could get it as Devil Tigers. IIRC, the Celestials realizing that they actually didn't have that kind of immortality caused them to go nuts in the first age.

It does when you're a Primordial, who embody concepts and world-narratives similarly their raksha cousins.

>There was a titan who was greater than the rest. He was formless fire and empty power; the voice of the outer world, and separated from his brethren by a gulf of time equal to his greatness.
>The Empyreal Chaos is eternal and immutable, his white flames too intense for others to survive. This is why he sends his Green Sun before him, to shield his subjects with its kinder light, though it still shines into and through the kingdom that he rules, marking the entire world as his dominion. He holds authority over all things, his unquestionable eminence apparent in the glorious signs of his holy splendor.
>The overwhelming certitude of Theion is self-perpetuating[...]
>[...]uncertainty is poison to the Shining Tyrant.

That's the tautology of Theion. He's the king and so the best and so the king. It's how he overcame Mardukth, who was as incomprehensibly immense and overwhelmingly great and absolutely unstoppable and thus unquestionable as the rest confirmed for him, but there's the rub: Theion simply was what he was, while Mardukth could be questioned. But the Neverborn, being what they were, made even him falter. And he faltered in the face of the Exalted host.

Hence:
>had to have been either stronger (in the sense of sheer brute force) than Isidoros or equally or almost as strong such that his other supreme faculties made him superior because that was his deal.

Solar? I'm fairly sure it's Celestial.

Pretty much yeah.

Though they tend to select a particular narrative and shift this narrative by degrees depending on their "inspirations," Unshaped raksha can be any story they want to be. Even when that story crashes into another story (i.e. they engage in Shaping Combat so one can ravage the other), their formlessness means they can just reshape themselves back how they were, so there's no consequences. Consequence creates the most meaningful narratives, so by taking on shape and limitation and consequence, the Primordials obtained greater narratives and greater power.

But these world-narratives, these specific concepts, this particular purview also gave them tunnel vision. They can't really process anything unless it passes through a science of reasoning founded entirely on their purview - or else it's just really, really terribly difficult, hence Autochthon going so absurdly far out of his way to do that. Furthermore, they don't really seem to even want to do that and Autochthon was considered weird for feeling otherwise.

Before they were Yozi, the Primordials were glorious and majestic and transcendent and awesome and beautiful and in many ways the Yozi still are these things, if in a fallen, lesser, broken state. But even back then, humanity would consider the titans' behavior completely insane.

I mean, Kimbery doesn't even seem to have changed all that much at all, for instance. Maybe she was more gorgeous and not always acidic and far more loving, but she clearly still always had the capacity to be a cuuuuuuuunt.

Maybe? I don't recall offhand to be honest. As for Abyssals and Devil-Tigers, I can't say I'm particularly enthused about their immortality. For Devil-Tigers in specific I like the idea that such a drastic transformation makes them no longer compatible with the Exaltation so it leaves in search of a new house. For Abyssals I've always thought they should have the shortest lifespan considering their connection to Oblivion.

What Caste best fits someone like Animal from The Muppets?

Abyssals are next to dead, and as such can not "die" again. Infernals lose their Exaltation upon learning (Yozi) Cosmic Principle, which incidentally also makes them immortal and locks them out of the Devil-Tiger charm tree.

Performance Supernal Zenith

>"Immortality Has A Catch: Sorcery can make a character immortal, but never in an unconditional, guaranteed fashion. There may be periodic rituals needed to renew a character’s immortality, certain conditions under which he can die, a regional restriction he cannot travel outside of without risking his immortality, or similar. This does not mean that immortality is a trap or a waste of effort— instead, the purpose of this is to preserve the relevance and power of death as a dramatic element within the game, even if the players do bestow immortality to all their friends, allies, and family.

This is what's stated in the book and it is perfectly fine for all the beings who aren't just outright immortal.

>For Abyssals I've always thought they should have the shortest lifespan considering their connection to Oblivion.

Undead being undying is a fantasy staple. Abyssals aren't themselves undead, but it comes with the territory. Practically speaking, Ghosts are undying spirits (and their immortality is a honey trap since ghost are more vulnerable to the depredations of Oblivion), necromancy can already make eternal corpse servants, and Abyssals have some vampire shit going on for them in the first place. The Neverborn aren't dying and that's The Problem. If it's more reasonable for an undying being to accomplish the tasks set forth by the Oblivion faction, then they'll go with that. Even undying, they're not eternal - they'll eventually get their opportunity to jump into the Void.

Ideologically speaking, Oblivion itself is eternal, immutable, and absolute. When everything in reality is obliterated and only the null undarkness of the Void remains, then existence can truly know peace. It makes sense for the concept most deeply entrenched in death and entropy to, you know, be able control death and entropy so that it doesn't fuck its adherents over. Even then, many spectres and Abyssals let themselves degenerate regardless to signal their values.

If they're still in smacking range then maybe whatever penalty you get for fighting a person on a horse higher than you. If they're out of range you just can't

Sorry, internet cut out last night. Gimme some time to look over it now.

How hard would it be for a female lunar to grow a dog dick?

Innate ability: Perform the sacred hunt on a male dog. Turn into male dog. Presto, dog dick, absolutely no requirements beyond "be a lunar".

If you mean growing a dog dick while leaving everything else the same, I would probably rule it to require Twin-Faced Hero + Hybrid Body Rearrangement.

>I would probably rule it to require Twin-Faced Hero + Hybrid Body Rearrangement.

Uh, no. Just HBR.

"Has an extra dick" is a perfectly valid cosmetic mutation regardless of the character's sex, just like "Has an extra mouth" doesn't always give you a mouth of the same species.

Let's talk Deathlords. Have you invented your own or tried writing one up for e3?

Considering it for an upcoming campaign, actually. I'm not sure I can write up a Deathlord that's as dynamic as the canon deathlords. That, and the campaign is in the West, so I'm not 100% sure how I can fit one in that won't just invalidate the Bodhisattva's whole "Don't worry, I'm not a threat!" thing.

Uh, yes!

Partly because "extra dick" is not a listed mutation, also Hybrid Body Rearrangement doesn't say "cosmetic" anywhere, it says pox, deficiency, etc. (Although I question whether a dick is really cosmetic.)

But mostly because your cause-centered interpretation of HBR would result in it obsoleting half a dozen other shapeshifting powers like Twin-Faced Hero and Changing Plumage Mastery if extrapolated logically. Which is why I would strongly advise using narrow effect-centered interpretation of HBR and limit its expression in tune with the
>so long as the mutation is based on her spirit shape or a shape in her heart’s blood library
clause. Hence, for example, significantly changing your size with HBR would require HBR + Humble Mouse Shape or Towering Beast Form depending on direction, getting one sex's bits on a form of a different sex requires HBR + Twin-Faced Hero, changing your apparent human subrace with HBR requires HBR + Prey's Skin Disguise, et cetera.

>That, and the campaign is in the West, so I'm not 100% sure how I can fit one in that won't just invalidate the Bodhisattva's whole "Don't worry, I'm not a threat!" thing.
Directions are pretty huge, desu. heck, it's not like you can tell a Deathlord is a Deathlord by looking at him, so 'creepy ghost guy in the west' may not even be obviously connected to the Bodhisattva

I really hate 2e Primordials. Compare their portrayal in Games of Divinity to 2e's Infernals - instead of unknowable cosmic deities they become autistic squabbling children whose behavior and mentality is defined in a narrow band.

>Partly because "extra dick" is not a listed mutation,
Then why are you letting HBR interact with it at all? Either "has an extra dick" is mutation and you need HBR, or it isn't and you only need TFH.

>also Hybrid Body Rearrangement doesn't say "cosmetic" anywhere, it says pox, deficiency, etc. (Although I question whether a dick is really cosmetic.)
"cosmetic" as in "has no in-game effect and so can be inflicted for free by mutation-ish powers"

Or do you think the Wyld can't turn your hair green because there's no "has green hair" mutation?

>But mostly because your cause-centered interpretation of HBR would result in it obsoleting half a dozen other shapeshifting powers like Twin-Faced Hero and Changing Plumage Mastery if extrapolated logically.
Spoiler alert: That's because those powers are SHIT. Changing Plumage Mastery alone should swallow up Twin-Faced Hero, HBR just drives home how fucking terrible and lazy most of the knacks are.

"Preserving the status quo" is only a good thing if the status quo isn't taking a hot dump all over the player's face. Nevermind that the literal actual example of using HBR IN THE TEXT is to give a dog shape a shark's mouth.

Yeah, they're going back to the Games of Divinity for Ex3, but I've not read that so I don't know what that's like.

>Then why are you letting HBR interact with it at all? Either "has an extra dick" is mutation and you need HBR, or it isn't and you only need TFH.
Because HBR is the "partial change" power and I'm not a complete autist, merely cautious about players creatively interpreting powers, especially stackable indefinite powers with multiple applications.

>Or do you think the Wyld can't turn your hair green because there's no "has green hair" mutation?
But user, there is a "has green hair" mutation. It's a pox. Not that the Wyld was even the subject at hand; Hybrid Body Rearrangement was.

>Spoiler alert: That's because those powers are SHIT. Changing Plumage Mastery alone should swallow up Twin-Faced Hero, HBR just drives home how fucking terrible and lazy most of the knacks are. "Preserving the status quo" is only a good thing if the status quo isn't taking a hot dump all over the player's face.
Now this is a reasonable point I could get on board with, as I've thought myself that Preening the Gaudy Tail (it's like CPM but for sexual characteristics!) should die for pretty much that reason.

>Nevermind that the literal actual example of using HBR IN THE TEXT is to give a dog shape a shark's mouth.
Wait what? Now I'm confused, which text? I don't see that in the original printing nor in the errata replacement.

Yeah. For instance, a more pirate king-kind of a deathlord, like, with a fuckhuge ship of soulsteel staffed by damned souls as his base of operations, with an undersea shadowland with a town inhabited by spirits of the drowned as his home port, wouldn't really step on Bodhisattva's thematic toes.

(Me)
I was going to clarify my views, but on second thought, clarifying my views on shapechanging dick mechanics is not how I want to spend my evening. Thus I formally retract my opinion and concede to for the time being.