Warhammer 40k general

Chaos editon
>Rules databases (Decryption error on PC)
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/blog/2016/05/27/40k-buying-guide-current-bestsellers-40k-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Traitor Imperial Fists would have been so much better than traitor Iron Warriors.

Adds a bit of grimdarkness to the loyalists, and you get pic related for Chaos and it looks awesome.

So anyone else excited about the 13th black crusade books? Traitors hate actually has me tempted to revisit my tzeentch warband.

>No, you're a braindead retard that shouldn't be allowed out in public without a handler.
Wow, such strong words to cover up the fact that you're wrong.
>An Ork player shouldn't have to have a thirty minute discussion before every game where he begs his opponent to handicap his list so that they can have a close game.
>orks
>even close to the same situation as CSM
>If balance is irrelevant for casual play, why bother with lists at all? Why not just throw out whatever models you feel like using? After all, it doesn't matter who wins, just that you have fun.
Nobody said balance was irrelevant. The issue is we aren't talking about codex balance and we aren't talking about casual play, but CSM players always seem to think that tier levels and competitive lists means casual play and balanced codexes.
CSM are not balanced. 100% true, but that wasn't what we're talking about. We were talking about competitive situations, where balance means fuck all and everyone tries to break the game. And in such metas, CSM can actually compete now. Ypu need to get it through your thick skull that nobody is saying CSM is balanced or that the base dex is good, we're saying it can be competitive and that in tournaments it's mid tier.
If you still refuse to understand this, then I'm not going to bother replying again. No need to shit up the thread trying to break throug your willful ignorance and stupidity.

>black hole gun
>sX ap2 36" heavy 1, large blast, ignores cover, grav, concussion, grav-amp
>200 points
>two grav cannon sponsons
>60 points

Worth it?

You drop pod begging, boring bolter spamming autists are never satisfied, are you?

>ignores cover large blast grav with amp

When I get my Melta russ, then and only then, may you have different variants! And my Melta Chimera too! Not the Devil Dog, I mean more like something with a multi-melta turret gun or something.

Hey, I'm just following GWs latest trends.
New russ kit with a 20% bump up in prince to accommodate for this.

That would be an interesting twist on things, though I kind of feel like the crimson slaughter are very imperial fist like from what I read in traitors hate. At least in terms of how they fell to chaos and their outlook on things.

Comes in the new kit, options for a russ with a melta cannon and a heavy 4, twin-linked haywire cannon.

What's the best faction for just blowing shit up?

Orks can have the most rokkits per points.
Guard has the most large blasts.

How did I do tg? First time actually getting into 40k (I read the fluff). I'm just gonna stick to base colors and start highlighting soon.

Depends. Do you like Explosions? Do you like a LOT of them?

Imperial Guard with a whole lot of Basilisks, Medusas, Thudd Guns, and the Blast Leman Russes. Probably some other stuff too.

>CSM players always seem to think that tier levels and competitive lists means casual play and balanced codexes.

This
This is why you are mad.

CSMfags was a codex balanced for casual fun play. They say their codex is shit. You say it isn't since they can run tourney lists. They disagree since you are arguing different points, both of which are technically right and have nothing to do with each other.

Then name calling happens. Then more yelling and we don't get anywhere.

Then some uncreative troll shitposts droppods.

Paint them however you like. What is someone going to say? You're violating doctrine with their colors?

Who cares? You're Chaos!
What they gonna do? Call you a heretic? Too Late Bitches!

Not the WORST i've seen, keep practicing

Why is there so much blue/gold on that Auric Patrician/Ultramarine pretending to be an Ultramarine/Auric Patrician?

>CSMfags was a

CSMFags WANT a codex....

hell of a fuck up i did :^(

I kinda said fuck it to the gold trim cause it was my first time painting. Also I paid for the paints and shit, I make how I likes it, baby

Anyone know where the masks are gotten on those veterans?

But I gave the paints a good shake before you use them like senpai said. Also, I used a big brush so it was not that neat. But I have seen godawful shit on wip threads.

the far right 2 are from the scion kit, the second from left is Cadian Hostile Environment from FW.

>CSMfags was a codex balanced for casual fun play. They say their codex is shit. You say it isn't since they can run tourney lists.
Oh, I would never say CSM aren't shit. The codex is a fucking mess, and I would never deny that. But the conversation wasn't about that, and moreover, the conversation wasn't about what CSM players want to begin with. It was 100% about how CSM are competitively, and the first mention of casual play or codex balance was by CSM players, not people talking about tournament teir levels.
Also, who do you think is mad?

I've only been on tg for 1 month, all I see are csm whining threads, Christ, what have I gotten into.

>only been around for one month
>doesn't even put / around Veeky Forums
>thinks that CSM whining is bad, or will last, when this isn't even close to the level of shitposting that happened with the OP image wars just earleir this year
Lurk moar newfag

the two people how resorted to insults in the last thread.

Two? I count one, the last guy in the reply chain in last general.
Everything before then wasn't insults, just use of swears and curses in normal Veeky Forums fashion.

Played a game against some Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar today with my Guard. I actually knew my opponent from one of my first days playing 40k. He had some issues and couldn't come in so we could play a game until almost a year later. He said this was one of the reasons he loved 40k and we both had a shitload of fun. What have you done Veeky Forums?

Well, if Shooting Phase: The Army is what you're after there's always Tau. Fair warning, though: a pure gunline Tau army can get boring to play, boring to play against, and is generally not that hard to counter these days.

That said, if all you want to do is bring a shitload of, say, Broadsides, what you can do is take two Firebase Support Cadres with a Riptide and two 3x Broadside teams each, then add Markerlights with the Drone-Net VX1-0 full of Markerlight Drone squads.

One nice bonus is that you can combine the fire of the FSC formations to mutually benefit from Markerlights if you're planning on focus firing anyway (it's kind of like the Combined Fire benefit without actually being Combined Fire), and it's actually worth taking Missile Drones on all the Broadside teams because they benefit from the +1BS benefit that the Drone-Net provides. Filling out all the drone slots on the Broadside teams effectively doubles the amount of S7AP4 shooting they give you, and they're cheaper than what a missile pod would cost on any other platform.

Main weaknesses are things with high armor value since the only way to kill it would be with the Riptides. Knights would probably be a big pain in the ass.

Don't we have both a melta blast Russ AND a 72" S8, AP 1 Heavy 1, Armourbane Russ (IE Melta Russ at any range)?

I want both of these. Also hull multi-melta, hull/sponson autocannons and sponson lascannons.

I never heard of a melta Russ, I know FW has a twin-linked lascannon, the Leman Russ Annihilator.

Hes referring to the vanquisher, which has armorbane instead of melta

My mistake, the melta cannon is the devil dog.

But the Vanquisher Russ is the other. You get the melta rule all the way up to 72" (instead of half), at the low cost of 1 S.

>Everything before then wasn't insults
>Nobody said balance was irrelevant
>CSMfags are morons
> Anything outside of that, and how good or competitive something is doesn't matter, because the game is about fun, not winning.
Still waiting for those "competitive CSM lists," you lying shitposter.

1 AP*

I'm full of all sorts of mistakes today, it seems.

Chaosfags and Orkfags please fucking go and stay go, holy shit.

You don't see Tyranids complaining this bad and they're even more fucked up than Orks are right now. Maybe not as much as Chaos but Chaos at least has 30k.

>Mfw took a pot shot at a crimson hunter and blew it up with a vanquisher

>and they're even more fucked up than Orks are right now
>

Also Nidfags dont complain because literally nobody plays them

>heavy 1 on a BS3 model
At least make it small blast, GW

Actually second from left is HWT goggles head with command squad mask on a tempestus torso.

I like the way you view the paint job predicament user. I'll probably paint up a few berserkers as a daemonkin army and use them with my CSM so if I decide to give daemonkin a shot. Thanks again senpai

>nids are more fucked up than orks
Wrong.
Also wrong. Nids are still one of the most popular armies, despite shit rules.

You can get preferred enemy and/or +1 BS based on formations and crap.
Not great, but something.

>orksies waited 6 years for new codex
>worse than last one
>only two years old

Let's talk about balance
>Guardsman
>s3 i3 5+

Ork boy
>s3 i2 6+
>melee race

Orks should, at the very least, get +1 S from their Choppas.

First Codex of the new edition is the Sacrificial Codex

>Ork boy
>>s3 i2 6+
>>melee race
>four s4 attacks on the charge each
If boys had A) a way to easily make it to combat that isnt a fucking trukk or B) saves, they'd be amazing. Boys are decent troops. The problem is that theres nothing else in the entire codex to support them with

I'm debating on using Hellhounds/Devil Dogs with my mech IG army. They seem nice but one stun/shaken is the end of a Devil Dog, while I at least have a Ld test for my Veterans and they can bail out in case the vehicle gets wrecked.

I remember trying Emp's Fist for that 12" BS4 bubble, coupled with a Lascannon it wasn't half bad since I usually hit with at least 1 of the guns. Now if only I could take Pask in it for BS4 + PE.

Put up the whole statline or gtfo.

>Tyranids better than Orks
>Chaos more fucked up than Orks or Tyranids

Source please. If I had to guess the popularity of each army based on how much they sell I would probably say

Marines>>>>>Guard=Orks>Tau>Chaos>Eldar>Necrons>Nids>Deldar

They need a reduction in points cost and then some more wargear options to spend their points on.

More like
>Boy costs 6 points
>twice as much as a zombie
>3 times as much as a levy

Boyz should be 4 points. 7 points with eavy armour

Then make grots 1 point.

If you love your FW just drop a Trojan.
Have gotta have a techpriest within 6" anyway for the extra-venerable bubble.

FW has some cool stuff, Trojan, Atlas and Artillery Carriages catch my eye. I actually want to see if Trojan + Atlas would be a good idea with some Enginseers and Servitors. It'll be cost heavy for 2 re-rolling repairs per priest.

Maybe for a larger point game.

Better yet, make Ardboyz a separate unit

>Only one per army, again
>8ppm, Fearless, eavy armour
>Can take a special weapon per every 5 models
>Including Klaws

Now THAT would be nice

Boyz should stay just as they are and have a 6+ FNP plus a floating +1 FNP per 10 models in 12".

This looks pretty much exactly like my store, actually, except we never see Eldar because most of our players are bros and won't run things that are broken. I think the Eldar players just tend to leave their stuff at home and bring in other armies instead.

And we have one Necron player who hardly ever shows, and no nid or Deldar players.

Jesus christ never write rules or do balance.

It is literally faggots exactly like you guys, except with boners for Eldar and Tau instead of Orks, that are working for GW right now, and the reason the game is shit.

Boyz 5ppm, armour an extra 3ppm.
May take 4 special weapons and an extra one per 10 boyz.
Nobs can take whatever the fuck equipment they want, if they want a burner they get a burner.
Nob bosses for the units that don't have them like burna boyz and lootas.
Nobs ld8.
5ppm, swap lootas deff gunz for beamy deff gunz 24" s9 ap1 salvo 1/2

>Grots 1 point each
>Squad of 10 about 15-20 points

Yeah well I hear your mother sucks dick on a daily basis you fuck fruit.
On non nom nom oh boy she sure loves her daily protein suplliment!

I actually don't really have a source, just heard it on here, and forgot to ask for a source myself. Now I look like an idiot.
However, nid swarm was one of the best selling things on GW webstore just a few months ago, which indicates that nids aren't nearly as low in popularity as you indicate.
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2016/05/27/40k-buying-guide-current-bestsellers-40k-2016/
Not 100% confirmation, but best I got.

Just leaked on dakka dakka

>Coming sometime after Fenris: part 2 but before the new HH box
>Rules expansion similar to Death from The Skies
>This time focusing on Bikes/Jetbikes
>New rules for the unit type Bikes
>New kits include:
>Space Marine bikers, including options for a Biker Captain or Librarian
>Ork Biker Nobz, options for biker painboy and Biker warboss. New rules for Wazdakka
>Chaos Marine Bikes. Options for Biker chaos lord/sorcerer.. And DOOMRIDER!!!
>Also a clampack for some kind of Dark Eldar jetbike character.

Just use the imperial armor 1 2nd edition. you wont be able to use the cadian formation but you can get command tanks and commissar tanks that can take specialty ammo based on tank type for instance beast hunter hounds for the vanquisher gives it a str 8 ap 2 heavy 1, blast 3 inch, instant death.

Guardsmen need some special rule so that they can charge after they fire.

>ap1
You were doing so good.

Drop the special weapons from 4 to 3, +1 per additional 10 boys (so you can have 4 at 20 or 5 at 30).

Drop the beam deff guns Str by 1 or make AP 2. Depends whether they should be fluffed more like meltas or lasers. Personally I would do S 8 AP 3 and Rending.

Here's another pic. Was gonna table the poor fucker but thought fuck it let this game end in style. Guardsmen decided to charge because fuck yeah I can.

Why?

Why do this?

>4ppm boyz
>1ppm grots
>mfw
So many ways to fix orks, and you choose the worst one.
What orks need is a viable way to get into combat, not even more boyz spam

>Only one per army, again
That's bullshit in a meta that allows 3 experimental battlesuits riptides per elite choice and up to 9 in a CAD, if one per army units return, there are several other units that should be listed like that in pretty much every codex but orkz and Tyranids.

>Dark Eldar jetbike character
IS IT THE DUKE!?

>BS 2
>24"
I don't see what the problem is.

>faggot can't even spell supplement
>illiteracy is a common indicator of people bad at writing fluff/crunch or doing math

Checks out.

strongly recommend using a wash on that mini. The details of the mini get lost when you just base it. Read into what washes are, its like instant talent.

Oh good God please no.
No. Anything but this

we already have shoot then run orders.

I think the death korp of krieg may have a order like that. I know they have one that temporally changes their lasgun profile to 12 inch assault 2 which would allow them to shoot then charge.

The death korps gets some cools shit it's just a shame they cost about 3 times the normal plastic kit cost.

>Cheaper voy and grots are game breaking
Wow, just wow, quick question user, how bad are you playing this game?

Two eldar player, space wolvNo way. It's to early for Christmas

IG player whose looking to eliminate the use of dice on the tabletop (i.e. Objective markers are flags with roman numerals on them instead of die with the number face up, using dice to count hull points, using dice to mark vehicle results, etc.)

Now, I built specialized hitpoint tokens for my tanks: 3 Gas cans kept in a basket in the back of the tank, each representing a hull point. I also have the flags ready thanks to 3 Cadian Command Squad banners with the decorations sanded off. Immobilization was easy: A smoke marker that fits on the engine block. My guns are magnitized so weapon destroyed results are clean. And finally I can drape cotton over the tanks for smoke discharge. But can anyone think of a way to model crew stunned and crew shaken results on a vehicle?

you have autism
battletokens does all of that with tokens that look nice

Green tides with +2's are a stupid idea.

But I do like FNP's being something ork boys can lean on.
FNP is supposed to represent something that doesn't care if you blow its arm off, so cyborgs, dark eldar and orks.

Orks should get a FNP mechanic like the DEldar imo.

Just what I need to hear! Buffs and special rules for my least favorite unit types in the game!

I'm so sorry. How dare I try something new with my models. Clearly I must be suffering from a mental illness.

perhaps the tank commander could have 3 poses?
1. angrily pointing(normal)
2. holding his head(shaken)
3. knocked out hanging out the tank(stunned)

Sounds like someone's hungry for $$$.

Remember all those rules they culled from 4th ed because they made the game too complicated?
Why not bundle them into a shitty supplement and sell them for a shitton of money?

That's something I would actually buy.

Why not both?

Unless there's something about Orks having bullet resistant skin that I'm not aware of, guardsmen wear some type of military armor where orks wear shirts and sporadic metal art. I mean I really doubt GW balances becuz da lore, ... but at the same time they probably try to give the models a certain amount of stat representation... I dunno I'm high.

Inconsistency.

Orks do not have better tech than the Imperium. You have to judge the guns stats in a vacuum as a piece of tech without factoring in the firer's BS. Use BS as a factor only when determining the points cost.

Multimeltas are Heavy 1 at S 8. Your proposed weapon is almost strictly better, being able to either move and still fire at higher than Snap Shot or fire two shots stationary which has higher chance of scoring a hit than a single shot from a BS 3 guardsman, as well as double the effectiveness against air targets and the ability to spike for twice as much max damage on good rolls, all for trading off the melta rule which only works at close ranges and is negated by a common vehicle upgrade anyways. It doesn't ALSO need +1 strength on top of that, not to mention the game needs less low AP weapons, rather than more.

>Now if only I could take Pask in it for BS4 + PE.
Skip the PE, Pask let's you re-roll to hit on the Vanq, and he lets you re-roll armor penetration.

Pask in a vanq is going to penetrate your vehicle, and you will like it.

>Bullet resistant skin

Could be the T4?

>5ppm T4 infantry in squads of 30 should have 3+ FnP
>Thinks 1 point bubblewrap bodies aren't game breaking, no matter how weak they are
Quick question user, how bad are you at reading comprehension, math and game design?

I dunno but ive made second sets of some minis to make them look more battle fatigued when they hit half their wounds. Only use them during friendly games as I dont expect my opponent to let me swap my minis during a game lmao

ooo yeah maybe. Good call.

How to fix orks:
>Make Painboyz take up no force org slot, like Techpriests for the IG. Instead they can be attached to any unit and provide a +1 to FNP for that unit.
>Cybork Bodies can be taken by all nobs and characters, and gives +1 T and a 6+ FNP save.
>Mob Rule no longer beats the shit out of your boyz. Instead, it gives them +1 Ld for every 10 WOUNDS in the unit. (Your 5 nobs? They get +1 Ld) Bosspoles allow Nobs to act like a commissar, killing a single model of your choice to force a reroll on failed morale checks.