Veeky Forums discussion thread

Hiro has asked the users of Veeky Forums to discuss the current state of moderation across the boards.

Should quests be allowed to return to Veeky Forums?

Should the mod who created /qst/ be terminated?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sequentially:

Okay.

No.

No.

Yes and yes

>Should quests be allowed to return to Veeky Forums?
Fuck no.

>Should the mod who created /qst/ be terminated?
For finally putting into practice a common sense good idea that everyone was asking for for literally years?

Yes and yes.

Yes until a better option presents itself

Yes

Sure.
No, but the mod who was in charge of /d/ when /aco/ was made needs to be terminated

>that everyone was asking for
Do I need to pull out all those polls?

Oh wait, you'll just find a reason they don't count like you always do.

No and No
Quest threads were separated, and the quality of the board has highly increased since then.

Are you all retarded?

What "better option"? Quests having their own board is a perfect option, it literally presents zero problems.

Yes and yes, especially the second!

Agreed. /aco/ should've been western /h/ and /d/ should've remained the fetish board.

This. Also checked.

Are you daft?
It turns out a good number of people actually liked quests being here and the people who didn't were just a VERY vocal majority

>and the quality of the board has highly increased since then.
I don't have a Costanza big enough for this.

Fuck no and no

>ITT
>One butthurt questfag autist samefags agreeing with himself over and over

Go back to the quetto.

>majority
minority

YES and

YES.

Fuck the Nazimod.

No? Tweak the board if its users have problems with it, but the content is different enough to warrant separation.

what's with all these meta-threads? Is it because the trial ended?

>A vocal majority.

Seems like they made a good decision then.

>this is what the antiquest whiners actually believe

numoot asked people to create meta discussion threads so they could talk to the mods.

No and no.
What is the problem with quests having their own board?

/qst/ is a dead board which has killed questing, there is no questing community, just fa/tg/uys who will ocassionally pick up a quest if it interests them.

A /games/ board would work better, so we can also purge the Riskfags. Hell even the CYOAfags as well. That's my opinion.

But as it stands, the option of least resistance is letting the quests sit on Veeky Forums. Just filter them like the generals if you have to.

Yes

I didn't think so at first but total refusal to do what Hiro said and listen to feedback of users changed my mind.

Yes, goddamnit. There was no reason for a board split, and /qst/ is a broken piece of shit.

>It turns out a good number of people actually liked quests being here
First of all, prove it.

Secondly, these people, of which there may or may not be (probably aren't) a "good number", whatever that's even supposed to mean you weasel-word-using fuck, are either autistic and having a brain-damage shitfit over nothing, or are retarded and computer illiterate and don't know how to open multiple tabs at once.

Yes.

Tentative yes.

If /qst/ is a dead board, then why do we want that material, to suddenly come back to this board, and take up more space than 0 space?

Yes, the current mod is the worst. He should be cut, and quests restored to Veeky Forums.

Come on, mate, the first six replies had seven unique posters. At least discuss the points instead of sperging out.

The people who complained about quests weren't the type of people who could do such impossible tasks as "ignore something you don't like" or "solve an easily solved problem using tools and a set of instructions that tell you exactly what you do"

I kek'd

Captcha I can't type in german, plz, no

>First of all, prove it.
Sup/tg/ archive

No one is discussing points. It's on the burden of questfags to give a reason why they shouldn't leave the boards separated. If /qst/ board is dead that's not an argument to move that unwanted content over to here to shit the place up, as said.

I don't follow. The few active threads would survive, the rest would die if it were to return. We'd lose between 3 and 10 threads at a time. Not exactly a big issue.

I think they should be allowed on all boards they are relevant too. It makes the most sense and the users are the ones that are the most interested in that subject matter. When they were new this caused literally zero issues until mods suddenly decided that all quests belonged on Veeky Forums. It was a complete non-issue before that

But having them all back on Veeky Forums is an okay compromise.

Yes. Absolutely. It could not have demonstrated a worse understanding of the culture than actually enforcing accounts and upvotes.

/qst/ has some fine features, but a board dedicated just to questing is such a misguided idea on it's face that it feels like an intentional attempt to just kill questing entirely.

Jesus fuck man. I barely said anything and you completely fly of the handle. If you're going to ad hominem then at LEAST make sure that you don't work as the poster child for what you're insulting someone with

Then the ones that are already active over there will continue to survive over there and have no need to be here?

Veeky Forums has been significantly more quality since the split. There's literally no reason to combine the boards, people who want to quest can open a second board catalog tab ffs.

Yes and yes, just let quests run on the board that they most appeal to like they always used to with no issue whatsoever. All of these issues only started after mods started fucking with quests to try to make a few loud autists to shut up and things have only gotten worse for everyone since.

>Veeky Forums has been significantly more quality since the split.
Prove it

>people seriously want quests back when the mod has proven to hate them
>they think somehow this will lead to them being treated better/more fairly
Ha. Haha. Oh my.

Quests on /qst/, and I like quests as a concept. But you're tempting fate by demanding satisfaction, /qst/haters, and I would be remiss if I didn't point out how you're not only not thinking this through, but the unlikelyhood of the mod you dislike being replaced. The devil you know...

The fact that the /qst/ board WASN'T USED UNTIL PEOPLE WERE LITERALLY FORCED TO should have been a good indicator that it wasn't wanted. /aco/ had that same issue with /d/ stuff, but it was even more prominent since we didn't even get a fucking chance to protest it. You posted something the /d/ mod didn't like, it got booted

Yes

Probably.

I never erally found quests a bother, and I just ignored the ones I didn't like. Hive queen quest is super comfy though and I don't see that quest damaging Veeky Forums's other discussions.

There us literally nothing wrong with /qst/ except for how it's filled with people who are butthurt for no good reason

>with no issue whatsoever
The board being drowned in bad content is an issue, and creating masses of daily meta threads of people complaining about all the quest threads was certainly an issue, which is easily solved by splitting the board and not at all solved by trying to just tell them to shut up about it.

>. All of these issues only started after mods started fucking with quests to try to make a few loud autists to shut up and things have only gotten worse for everyone since.
I have no idea what issues you're talking about. I've seen no one have any issues since returning to discover that /qst/ was now a separate board and things definitely look a lot better to me.

Board relevant ones at the very least. One set in 40k is definitely Veeky Forums related.

One who made a blanket ban on all of them, even board relevant ones, should be kicked.

How about we put Quests and General threads together in the new board?

Quests get more people.
Generals get rid of people who show up and complain that there is a general thread.

We're talking about this mod, right?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/

The mod that didn't even figure out that people wanted to post images on an image board?

No.Quests have go, and will now stay go.

And yeah we need new mods. But that's not why. Even that shithole 4by4 chan has good mods on their tg.

Didn't /d/ force half the shit from /d/ to /aco/ because they wanted to get rid of a bunch of niche fetish things?

The issue of the daily meta threads is also easily addressed by having the mods do their goddamn jobs

>quality of the board has highly increased since then.
The only difference between Veeky Forums before quest board and after is I see one extra 'Adventures killed your god what do' thread every day.

>people who are butthurt for no good reason
Yes, people being forced to use a board they never asked for just to appease a tiny group of whingers is no reason to be annoyed.

I understand the need to get rid of the mass of quest threads on Veeky Forums but the problem i have with /qst/ is it stop other boards from having fun quest/civ/game threads.

there used to be civ threads on /pol/ that lasted months and were really good, but I think if I tried to do one now it would get deleted. same as risk threads

Yes and

ABSOLUTELY YES

First they killed humble on /co/ then they kill quests on the board that created quests as a thing.

Part of the great thing of having quests on Veeky Forums was it exposed potential players to quests, if you consolidate them to /qst/, the board will slowly die off as far more people will stop questing than will start questing.

They did the job perfectly by separating quests to another board, which stopped the daily meta threads. That should kind of give you a hint.

>this is the mod whose actions people are defending

>which stopped the daily meta threads
and yet here we are.

Pretty much this.

Yes.

No. Misguided, but not a firing offense.

No. They wanted to get rid of "western drawn fetish" w9 weastern fetish went to /aco/. And /h/ got its western moved to /aco/ aswell.
So aco was /d/ and /h/ and /co/ because of subject matter.
They didnt mingle well.

Nope. It was literally all the janitor/mod. Hell, he was deleting even eastern content that he didn't like at the time. To that fuck, /aco/ was literally just a chance for him to enforce his "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" mandate

>being forced to open one more tab on Veeky Forums is so annoying you have to demand a mod is fired over it
Actual autism.

Yes and Yes good sir.

At the very least Veeky Forums related quests be permitted here. /a/ related ones there, ect.

>Veeky Forums has been significantly more quality since the split.
It's been the same shit as every other time I've ever looked at Veeky Forums, except instead of a quest thread it's a shitpost. So lower quality.

Ah, I meant after that. They tried to move a bunch of the general threads to /aco/ because they didn't want them on /d/, not that it was predominantly western art, from what I remember.

> different boards have different cultures and different users, giving each board a unique feel and atmosphere

I think you're the one that doesn't get it.

A board born out of hostility is doomed from the start.

First one I've seen since the split.

As opposed to literally 2-3 threads of people asking for quests to be moved to another board at any given time over a period of more than a year back when I used to browse during moot-era.

Now that all quests are on /qst/ the board as a whole has much higher participation.

No.

No.

Or they could have banned/warned people for breaking the rules of "No meta threads". There were already solutions to these problems in place, the mods were just too lazy to use them

Rather than abolishing quests, we need /esl/ for elf slave wat do and (un)related shitposting.

I've been browsing Veeky Forums for the past year or two and I can tell you there was only an upturn when we got hiroshimoot because people thought he'd change things, or something.

>First one I've seen since the split.
You haven't been paying attention.

Further proof that antiquest fags rely solely on personal bias and anecdote, and are unable to reach an objective conclusion.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was on fucking /d/. Maybe try to keep the discussion on topic?

But quest playing as a whole is way down. It's killing off questing as a thing slowly.

And let's be honest, it's not that much more.

Exactly. Quests should be allowed on any board as long as it has to do with that board.

Teen Titan Quest produced some of the best OC and discussion on /co/ it had that entire year. People still talk about it. But it wouldn't have been as big a hit if it wasn't on a board dedicated to that subject matter.

>which stopped the daily meta threads.
Hilariously wrong

Yes.
Yes.

>Mass of quest threads on Veeky Forums

Are you saying this on purpose or are you just actually gullible enough to believe the lies?

Veeky Forums, nor any other board ever, has ever had a problem with a "mass" of quests. Anyone who claims the board was overloaded with quests either can't count, has no idea what they are saying, or is deliberately spreading lies. Stick to talking about the health of /pol/'s risk threads.

There was ONE thread a week AT MOST bitching about quests

> Can't have minor discussion while everyone else argues
It's like you hate fun

Solution to a symptom is not a solution to a problem.

Fucking lord no.

No. But I am concerned as to why Veeky Forums mods took so damn long to actually enforce the rules.

It was used plenty before quests were kicked off Veeky Forums entirely. I used it.

>enforce the rules.
>Until a week and a half ago quests were still allowed on Veeky Forums

The problem is whiny bitches who can't let people enjoy something they consider badwrongfun.

I was originally split on the issue of quests.

On one hand, I never participated in them, but on the other hand, I recognized that ultimately Veeky Forums did share elements of questing. I was fine with quests being here, and even defended them being here, regardless of how terrible some of them may have been.

But, at this point, I'm tired. Tired of questers revealing all of the worst aspects of themselves.

/qst/ was a good idea. A lot of cool features, plenty of room to host quests, and it freed up a lot of space on Veeky Forums. And, popping in there I actually saw plenty of quests that were actually pretty good, the result of people from all over Veeky Forums trying out something new, rather than just a small subsection of Veeky Forums repeating the same things over and over.

But, rather than embracing the board and doing their best to make it flourish, the questers have decided to act like little cunts, complaining about how /qst/ gets less traffic, as well as how the culture they've been conditioning over the years was jeopardized by a sudden influx of new people. In other words, complaints for both sides of the coin.

Make /qst/ great. Instead of wasting all this effort trying to get quests back on Veeky Forums, figure out how to make /qst/ a board worth visiting.

Have you heard of /b/?
The only reason that there appeared to be a "Mass" of quests is that they were generally more active threads and they tended to float up to the front page more often as a result.

I counted double digits a while back, but I don't give a shit so w/e

Yes, at the request of Hiro himself, who expressly asked us to make these threads.

As opposed to the flood of >>/qst/ spam that flooded quest threads, or the rampant victory lap shitposting in /qst/ for weeks.

Quests shouldn't be on Veeky Forums, but I agree that a /games/ board would make the most amount of sense instead of /qst/.

I just want more transparency, more mod input, and more openness about what they're actually doing and thinking.

>Hiro has asked the users of Veeky Forums to discuss the current state of moderation across the boards.
They need to lay the fuck off /sp/

Wat, no.

Wat, no.

>People don't use the catalog
I still don't understand.

I believe they've tried that, but the mods weren't especially receptive.

The mods hate you user, those leaked chatlogs from a few years back proves it.

Try actually reading my post and try again

/qst/ is currently the third least used board according to traffic stats

There last /qst/ improvement thread is still up, still ignored.