>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BgAlQuqzl8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Two editions uploaded at the same time
I deleted the other one

No, they explicitly don't get tired of living. In addition to the secondary required powers of not going crazy, they also have the secondary required powers of not getting tired of living. Death simply isn't something that applies to them, not even their mentality. Like, living isn't something that ever becomes an undesirable state for Hourai Elixirs.

What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten, Jumpers?

Surely you have all the evidence to back up these claims yeah? You are saying explicitly and all.

Source? because Moukou is suicidal in the games. Maybe that doesn't count because she can't really die, but she can't even be assed to try keeping herself "alive". Not to mention all that regret.
That doesn't sound like someone who isn't tired of living.
The hourai elixer doesn't mindfuck you into wanting to live forever. You can if you want to, but I've never seen it said you have to want to.

Would Ghost Killing Technique, Barrel Replica, Harpe, and other suddenly you're conceptually mortal/have death powers work on that?
What am I talking about all of the above work exactly as advertised unless prove is give to the otherwise.

My wife.

Ah fuck I forgot my trip!

I thought the whole ongoing spat between Kaguya and Mokou was really just a way for them to stave off the inevitable decline into existentialist depression. Eirin gets by with mad science experiments.

Or at least they're much more interesting characters when you think of them that way.

Would Toggle from Young Justice work on it?

If you've got fiat powered kill the thing I think you can "kill" a hourai immortal.
Something like blessing of Stravhs would just put them to sleep though.
I doubt anything else would work. You can't even timetravel back before they drank the elixer and kill them then. They just come back anyways.
The whole eternal part of the Hourai elixer would likely activly prevent anything you do to try to make them mortal again.

Touhou doesn't really have a concrete canon, but yes the constant feuding is just them passing the time until the universe ends and even then they're stuck with each other. There hasn't been any real animosity for a long long

>Would Ghost Killing Technique, Barrel Replica, Harpe, and other suddenly you're conceptually mortal/have death powers work on that?

No, they probably wouldn't. One character (some fucking ghost of the Underworld) has the power to conceptually kill literally anything. It doesn't work on Hourai Immortals. Keep in mind this is the setting that runs on bullshit conceptual and semantic superpowers, with people who can make suns and manipulate barriers and "float" away from reality.

Unless they're fiat-powered.

I'm pretty sure there's perks to deal with boredom
I think there's one in Road to El Dorado, and one in Symbote.

Depends on how much you value fiat-based or non fiat-based absolutes.

That and an overwhelming amount of lingering sexual tension.
Or at least that's what my Taiwanese fan comics tell me.

Well, it's more like they /can/ get bored, but they can't fall into despair or depression because of it. Their minds and souls are just as invulnerable as their bodies.

Oh wait, right, we're talking about Touhou aren't we... The Touhou with Loli!Not!Dio... That Touhou... Right.
Right time to find some shit out.

>One character (some fucking ghost of the Underworld) has the power to conceptually kill literally anything.
Is that the exact wording? Because if it is then they may just have no concept of death or mortality. If so then things like the Barrel Replica should work, as they enforce Mortality and Death on those harmed by them.

Their bodies aren't actually invulnerable. They just heal good once they die.
Moukou is in a state of constantly starving to death and it affects her health negatively. It stands to reason that the same effect occurs with mental and spiritual health.
They can still get dispair, but once they snap dying would put them back in a more stable state.
Or at least that makes sense to me.

Would it be a good idea to buy the two makers of the elixir as companions for these benefits?

Speaking of touhou...

It's been a while since I've played imperishable night but doesn't Keine gain what basically amounts to Mystic Eyes of Death Perception upon a full moon?

[Citation Needed]

If it's a doujin user, I swear by Zun

Again, you got any proof of this chief? Because everyone else seems to remember otherwise so it'd be nice if this 'explicit' as you say fact had some quotes.

No. It's much worse than that. Her powers reach their full potential and she can straight-up reality warp by manipulating history. Think Yhwach from Bleach, except she controls the past instead of the present.

Huh. I'm not sure.

The HIs are conceptually separated from death on a metaphysical level, so I don't know if it'd work or if it'd be more like trying to mix oil and water.

>present
I mean the future.

Sakuya isn't a loli. She's totally a Dio expy though.
Yuyuko's power is to invite people to death. It works on bullshit and semantics but that's how it works. Hourai immortals can't even get the invitation though. They don't decline it they just can't get it in the first place.

You can't enforce a hourai immortals mortality though as the immortality aspect is eternal. It instantly reverts even retroactively. Even if you did manage the impossible the 2 seconds before you did that version of it would restore them right afterwards.

I tried a bit of Leviathan when I killed it in Worm, just for curiosity's sake. Tasted awful, considering the whole "crystalline-robot-alien-fish" thing, but science marches on. Other than that, I like to put Metavore to work and sample the unique dishes that a setting has to offer, so I've probably eaten a lot of crazy stuff I've never even heard about.

You can actually kill them somewhat (relatively) easily. It's getting it to stick that's the problem.

Jump #145: The Fifth Element
>Ace of Pentacles (The seductions of the material world draw you away from an opportunity for stability and comfort.)
>Age: 26
>Location: Fhloston Paradise
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Alternate Start Date: Five Years Before The Beginning (0)
Did someone say a decade at Fhloston Paradise? Because I heard someone say WELCOME TO PARADISE!
>Sennto Ecto Gammat! (Free, Drop-In)
...I'm going to take a jump soon and do nothing but pantomime my way through the whole thing.
>She's Perfect (900, Drop-In)
You mean he. And no, I'm very much a work in progress. I want to take this, combine this with the ability I have from Evo to play with my genome, and find out WHAT THE HELL A MEMO GROUP IS. Are we talking telomeres, maybe?
>She's Learning Our History (700, Drop-In)
As though I didn't have enough learning perks already, but this is a pretty impressive one I have to say. Definitely a keeper.
>Quiver Ladies, Quiver! (600)
Supergreen.
>I Will Pass The Knowledge! (400)
And I will do it in such a way that no one is going to misunderstand me in ten thousand years!
>Shooting Will Only Make It Stronger (0)
Evil begets evil. Sometimes the answer is a giant fuckoff laser of not-evil.

Wait, that doesn't make any fucking sense at all.

You know what? I'm just going to hang out and enjoy everything I can about Fhloston Paradise before the plot comes along. And then I'm going to keep the Diva from dying, get mixed up in that whole mess, tag along to Earth, and just... see what the universe has to offer after that.

>Think Yhwach
Who?
>from Bleach
>MFW

Thanks for the answer user

You don't even need to companion them. Eating a hourai immortals liver supposedly grants the benefits to the eatee.
So if you don't want to go through the trouble of stealing the elixer that's left you could just go full youkai and tear into one of them. You'd get a lot of hate for it, but hey not like you have to care anymore right?

Although if you just wanted immortal buddies who's safety you don't have to worry about they make good choices. Depending on your tastes they make good waifus as well. Good luck getting Kaguya to leave on her own though. Moukou is far more likely to be interested in a multiversal jaunt.

>Bleach
Be silent. You have no idea how long I have suffered.

Depends on your interpretation of canon. I think either would be interested in a potentially-infinite jaunt through a multiverse of endless novelty which would take zero time in Gensokyo.

So it's sounding like Elixir Immortals can still "die", for certain values anyway, they just inevitably get better afterwards? Which means a jumper still has to avoid that happening since the rule is "dying sends you home" regardless of whether you'd "get better" afterward.

Yes/no/cheese?

You had to know after the 3rd bankai
You've no one to blame but yourself.

That's how I would do it personally. They are dying when killed they just can't be dead.
It's kind of a non-bo with Horcrux as well since you'd never die enough for the regen to kick in.

Looked it up.
Here's what I found... Careful for possible spoilers....
The Hourai Elixir is permanent. According to Fujiwara no Mokou, the first taste of the medicine makes the drinker incapable of growing up or aging. The second taste makes them incapable of becoming ill. The third taste makes one completely immortal to the truest sense. The ingredients of the elixir are known only by Eirin Yagokoro, whose name points her out to be the "Mind of God", an omniscient being. Reportedly, the ingredients of the elixir remain in the liver of whomever drinks it. Eating the raw liver of an immortal is said to grant the same immortality as drinking the elixir, though it will not deprive one from their own because they have already been rendered deathless.

Because Eirin made the elixir the true elixir of immortality, she probably also made it irreversible, making its effects perfectly permanent. In her confrontation with Mokou, Alice Margatroid points out that the soul is made invincible. This, along with Yuyuko Saigyouji and Yukari Yakumo's scenario in Imperishable Night, makes it seem that the elixir itself isn't a power that keeps one immortal, but makes one an existence completely independent of even the concept of reality, thus making one not subject to the bounds of life, death, or even manipulation, although the pain of injuries can still be felt. As Alice has said, immortality casts away the physical body, and the soul is constantly reborn in new flesh. This medicine indeed makes one truly invincible, and forced to live out their existence forever.

Personally I'm going to houserule this in my chain as being a once per Jump kinda thing if I get it. But then again it's Touhou and that shit's scary.

In Dogs of War, Skrag served me up the flesh of a bloated and overgrown Skaven Queen, who's body had swelled and mutated due to longterm Warp-stone Exposure. He seared and burned it over hot coals, and he'd seemingly extracted the unborn young from her womb, split her stomach open, and then filled it up with the young before sowing her back up. Accompanying the young was a horrendous blend of spices, herbs and seasonings. I'd been to Monsters Inc. before, and I had some metabolism Perks, so I shrugged it off pretty alright. I did start to experience some gross mutation near the end of the meal, but liberal application of healing magic eliminated all of the cancer and such.

Yes. That's pretty much exactly how it works. I don't think many would fault you if you just allowed 1 resurrection until post-spark, however.

Yeah but Kaguya would be a prissy bitch about it.

Super combo with Waveform biology.

I got a glimpse of how awful it'd get when they spent an eon in Mexico. But I couldn't stop. I had to see how far the rabbit hole went.

I regret everything.

That's not a combo. That's figuring out the cheat codes for God Mode.
I'm going to bed guys. Good night all.

Which is what's bad for jumpchain, since even if you can come back afterwards, actually dying gets you sent home. That's why 1 up perks are so valuable, since they bring you back even if you do die and work via jump fiat.

Do CP-bought plasmids and/or tonics in Bioshock cause ADAM addiction? Do Vigors in Infinite also do that?

G'night gaunlet

I'm pretty sure CP bought plasmids give you health problems. They're just fixed once you leave.

Vigors don't actually cause ADAM addiction at all as far as I know though so there's no worries there. Go wild.

You don't know true suffering then

I don't regret a moment of it

Alice isn't exactly a reliable narrator.

Can you still find Heart/Mana crystals in Terraria without their respective perks? Do they just not add the boost post-jump?

>the boat
Holy fuck spoiler that shit Jesus Christ!

Someone told me you can find them and use them without the related perks, they just make them easier to find.

I don't think you need either perk as written. They do make it easier to find each for sure which is a huge help with the fallen stars, but I see no reason for heart and star crystals to not work without those perks. They're a normal part of the setting after all. Anyone can use them.

The note at the end is a bit confusing though so if you're still not sure you might want to ask the jumpmaker.

SOME TIME THIS MONTH
SHE'LL BE FIXED
IT'S ALL GONNA BE DAIJOUBU GUYS

Who's the jump-maker?

Vigors are based of Plasmids and you only see their early use in Infinite. It's theorized that they will eventually cause the same DNA degradation as Plasmids unless their fixed.

What would you say is the best way to sabotage the ADAM project in Bioshock? (and maybe also in Infinite)

...I don't get it.

The obvious solution is to get test subjects you don't care about and slam all the plasmids into them. Following that you research the shit out of what the plasmids actually do and gene engineer a better way without the degradation.
Maybe use nanomachines or something?

Prove that objectivism is an objectively wrong political philosophy.

Remove or mindwipe scientists who actually know how it werks.
Then destroy or steal relevant documentation so nobody can figure shit out and the project dies just like that.
Alternatively just kill all the sea slugs.

Kill the research team, or make a biological agent that will kill off the slugs. If the slugs all mysteriously die there won't be anything they can do about it.

If Ryan had actually adhered to Objectivitism his principles would have prevented him from enslaving the little sisters, thus making Adam not viable.

I'm pretty sure protecting the safety and individuality of a minor falls under the responsibilities of government in all but the most anarchocapitalistic interpretations of Rand's philosophy.

Which setting is typically more technologically advanced, Marvel or DC?

i'd say DC

does the avengers have a watchtower? didn't think so!

actually, do they? i don't know anything much about marvel

Hmm. feel like DC may have more advanced aliens, but Marvel has more advanced Earth humans.

Of course, I don't know much about either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I'd say they're roughly even. If there's a difference, it's small enough to not really matter.

The slugs are just a vector for ADAM. Unless you kill the source, something else could mutate to produce the stuff. It's that glowing thing you can see in the deep sea trench in a few locations. What it is is never properly explained, but the developers have confirmed that it's alive, and it's what mutated the slugs to produce ADAM. The implication is that it's something Lovecraftian, there's an audiolog in Bioshock 2 where the speaker is talking about he feels like he's being watched by something out there in the glow.

I don't know and I don't see a signature or anything so your guess is as good as mine.
The IRC might know.

S.W.O.R.D. does, they're an offshoot of S.H.I.E.L.D. However people tend not to care about sword, but it's basically shield that focuses on threats from space as where shield focuses on threats from earth, there is also A.R.M.O.R. which deals with threats from alternate realities.
It is but even without the little sisters the adam is very difficult to produce, without the slugs it may be completely non-viable.

Take this with a grain of salt, because it changes author to author.

But when it comes to science and technology DC is Star Wars, Marvel is Star Trek. Yeah your hyper blaster outputs more energy than a phaser array in the fluff, but the phaser has more fluff and deeper roots into real world physiscs.

Plus, Tony Stark's suit was a lattice of self replicating nanites.

And then there are the thousands and thousands of different multiverses.

Whatever the answer is, if you have enough biotech perks and a few samples of the Luminescent Biomass that the Slugs got their power from you'd probably be able to solve the problem yourself.

Or get an assimilation perk and eat a Sea Slug, if you're not the SCIENCE! type.

>S.H.I.E.L.D
>S.W.O.R.D
>A.R.M.O.R
>Having these acronyms
God they're such dorks.

There;s also W.A.N.D which deals with magic.

Lets say I've eaten something i really shouldn't have, and I need to expel it from my being. Fast. How could I do so?

Shit.

Telekinesis

I'm pretty sure there's a perk that lets you throw up anything you want that you've ingested but I forget what it's called

That take to long, vomit instead.

Here's your hotdog. From cowboy bebop I think

Misc Meta or shape-shifting.

You mean, literally? I was served a plate of Absolute Madness in Changeling jump by a True Fae duchess made of jagged ivy-brambles while trying to learn the name of one of the gentleman with thistle-down hair I'd challenged to Calvinball.

Once I bit through the multicoloured sounds, the furious voices in my head and the depression-shaped elephants, it...tasted like chicken. Fried chicken, for some reason.

I don't know what Harpe is and as I've said before the Barrel Replica is substantially lesser in power than the thing that failed to fully kill an Ultimate One, but I think Ghost Killing Technique would work in theory given it enforced a concept of death on beings which are potentially infinite manifolds of reality unto themselves, in a zone where they hadn't designed the cycle of life and death to accommodate their own deaths.

I'm not the best Touhou buff so the following is based on my understand of the means by which the Hourai Elixier's effect works, but I think the challenge would come from inflicting enough damage for it to mean anything. I don't know enough about the Hourai Elixier to say for certain if it makes the drinker any buffer than usual, but Ghost Eating Technique effectively functions like a more compact, more efficient form of the Thorn Forged To Kill Things in the sense that its' mechanism siphons Essence from its' target into the user, which I think may bypass a Hourai Immortal's "independence" from reality by drawing their life force into a phase of reality where it can be depleted, effectively enforced a localised concept of death upon them.

Given the crossovers? I'd go with roughly even.

>Bioshock

Use you command over sea slugs to make them run away from Rapture so Suchong doesn't have a good supply of them to do SCIENCE! to.

>Infinite

With the discrete help of the Lutece twins, use Observer to realise an iteration of the world where Columbia's ADAM research fails.

What did you eat

Nah, you just push really, really hard.

Star Wars tech waves a hand at you and intones, "You don't need to see the blueprints."
Star Trek tech puts a hand on your head and intones, "You believe these pretty okudagrams are in fact valid blueprints."

So... yeah, you're pretty much spot on.

Mother of God.

Stealing your panties

I have no fucking idea why I have this

How strong does Bels and Whistles make you relative to the other Bels?

Reminds me of youtu.be/BgAlQuqzl8o (skip to 3min45sec if you don't care about the SW music on cellos and just want a hand-wave joke).

Speaking of tech though, I do wonder how hamstrung comic scientists like Tony or Agatha would be in worlds such as ours - where physics does not bend to the rule of cool and nanites have to obey the laws of thermodynamics.

...am I the only one that instantly thought "You teleport/portal it the fuck out of you".

I like to think it would basically be like that arc in wuxia stories where the hero gets his arm cut off but develops a specific kind of kung fu that incorporates his disadvantage into his techniques, since presumably those folks have picked up quite a bit of actual intellect and skill in the process of churning out plot devies. E.g. Agatha Heterodyne spends a few months as this crazy raving hobo not understanding why people won't give her change when she yells at them, slowly and painfully gets a degree, endures being a lab assistant, starts applying her Spark-given genius to applied physics, figures out how to apply modern sciences in a way nobody ever has before and goes on to win the Noble Prize for inventing cold fusion-while secretly using it to plot her revenge on the interdimensional beings that sent her here.

Well, you become Abel so-presumably you start off with roughly human abilities. Your real advantage is the, well, SMT Protagonist-like potential for your magical raw power to grow with training; it's implied you grow to be damn strong and fast enough to be on par with some of the mid-tier Bels given in the fight with Beldr you're the only one that can damage him and all you can do is punch him with a cellphone strap attached to your fist.

DC has the super high tech invasions.
Marvel has high tech core heroes.

DC will have alien nanite plague, as a singular threat, being the main focus for an entire 200 page arc or crossover.
Marvel will either feature a nanite plague as part of some event, or as a runaway Stark Corps/AIM science project to be dealt with in 1-2 episodes/strips/comics.

The penance of our world is special.
There is
1. The hell of standard parts, which limit what can be built

2. The hell of putting together equipment, which limits complexity

3. Then there is the hell of perception, which means if you can't see/feedback something, you are unlikely to be able to do anything with it

4. The big question is however the hell of knowledge. If Super Scientist get to keep their knowledge of mechanics, it will only take them months to get access to whatever core thing they want
Because there is a big difference between figure out how to split the atom(20-40 years of hardcore research), versus replicating how to split the atom(the time it takes to build and acquire said materials)

What are all the jumps that allow you to import a mech? Also, is there any way to allow a mech to be unaffected by the square-cube law? Also, is there a way to "streamline" mech transformations?

I want to import the Asgerd into SupCom and buy the transformation option, but it doesn't seem as... stable as other such transformations.

If I wanted to genderswap everyone in a jump for giggles, and do so in a way that would leave everyone acting their new gender and being unaware of the changes, what would be the easiest way to go about this?

Unholy Heights.

I still don't understand what retcon genderswaps have to do with that jump

I suspect we never will

All the Gundam jumps (though SEED only imports the mecha's armaments for another to use, kind of weird), Five Star Stories, Macross, Final Fantasy XIV, maybe some others but those are the ones that come to mind.

Jesus, that looks like one of those domestic violence flyers.

Oh, Super Robot Wars, can't believe I forgot that one.