MTG Legacy Thread - No Lands Scoop Edition

>Playing?
>Testing?
>BDIF/Favorite deck in format?
>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/budget-legacy/526479-primer-oops-all-spells
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Shitty Wannabe Defunct Sneak n Show Monoblue Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

>paper $278
One of my lands costs more than that...

Well, don't you feel like a chump for playing Underground Seas?

>playing
Esper miracles
>testing?
Lim dul's vault
>BDIF
There isn't
>FDIF
Miracles of all flavours
>your opponent goes T1 island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do play around his counters?
Fetch, Crack for island, top, pass

I have 4 (because I'm a fucking Moron, but that will be a story for another day) and I'm thinking of dropping from 2 main deck to 1 in favour of basic swamp

Is there even a deck that plays 4 copies?

No but when I first got into legacy I was a fucking Moron.

"Everydeck plays as many dual lands as it can ahahahah"
"Oh there goes all of my mtg Rares ahahahahah"
"Wait I only need 2... Oh shit that's right nonbasic land hate is relevant"

And it's been 4 years and I haven't had a decent trade offer on them yet

I'm going to magically come into a substantial chunk of money at the end of the year, and when that happens I think I might buy a playset of each fetch/shock/dual
although I may go to playsets of fetches, and 3 of each shock/dual, because you never need 4

Yeah... I suppose now is a good time to say I also traded for 4 scrublands because I thought I would need them as well...

what a scrub

>Scrublands
>In any deck ever other than Deadguy

They ended up being not as bad becuase of EDH decks and it's not like I payed for them I traded a way a fuck ton of standard cards and bulk rares for pretty much my entire miracles deck and the massive fuck up of extra duel lands

At least you have the consolation of trading for extra duals, it's not like you traded for 4 copies of Eye Of Ugin during Eldrazi Winter

>tfw some dude at my lgs casually plays an underground sea
>ask him how much he payed for it
>"oh about 20$, bought it way back then"

Life isn't fair. but that dredge list looks interesting, I might put it together as my first legacy deck.

It's my first (complete) legacy deck.
I had most of Goblins back in 2014, but had to get rid of it.

I pretty much keep my distance from anything modern related because of bans and how awful the format is. I sold all my eldrazi stuff during then because daddy wanted to make an EDH deck

Time to post lists? Time to post lists.

2x underground sea
3x tundra
4x flooded strand
4x polluted delta
2x marsh flats
2x Plains
4x island

4x sensei's divining top
2x JTMS
1x EtA
1x Council's judgment
2x monastery mentor
1x Counterspell
1x lim dul's vault
3x snapcaster mage
4x counterbalance
4x brainstorm
4x ponder
4x terminus
4x FoW
4x Swords to plowshares

SIDEBOARD
1x eitherswron canonist
2x thoughtseize
1x nihil spell bomb
1x leyline of sanctity
3x surgical extraction
1x entreat the angels
1x flusterstorm
1x disenchant
1x Rest in peace
1x back to basics
1x notion thief
1x ? (Suggestions welcomed

This is where I'm at atm. (sideboard not pictured, but it's the one in the OP

Reanimator does, as do some Shardless builds

I play Scrubland in Esper and Junk Humans. In Vintage and Legacy! At least it isn't as bad as Bad Land.

Yeah, but only scrubs play BW
At least Punishing Jund is good at fair matchups even with its bad lands

What's up with that sideboard? 5 graveyard hate spells and a random Leyline?

I love being a scrub. I run Scrub lands and a couple Atlanta's usually.

Have you ever tried a couple Bobs as an anti-combo/mirror slot?

Bob seems kinda bad in a deck with 4x FoW and 4x Terminus, although I guess Top would solve that.

Top and Jace do pretty well, and you board out some number of terminus usually. If you flip a Force to Bob, how do you lose? You have a Bob in play and a Force in hands

DOOMSDAY PUZZLE TIME! Keep me entertained at work edition

Here's the list all of these will use: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
Assume preboard unless otherwise mentioned. I'Il try to give all relevant info about games states involved in the puzzle. If I don't mention opp's life total, assume 20. If I don't mention something else, assume it's irrelevant.

First puzzle coming in my next post.

Puzzle number 1: you're at 2 life, dead on board vs a delver opponent with an untapped Volc. They have 2 cards in hand and you know 1 is daze. You have a basic swamp, an underground sea, and a divining top on your field. Your hand is: Ritual x2, doomsday, LED, duress. What's the best line? This one is easy to get started, but sequencing is important.

well, nothing in the list saves from bolt (no counters or angel's grace or whatever) so I operate under a premise they don't have one
Therefore
1. LED, if Dazed, tap Swamp for ritual. if Ritual is spell pierced, tap seas for Ritual #2
2. Assuming it's not, Ritual. if Dazed, seas for 2nd.If that's Pierced, gg.
3. Assuming it's not, Duress. if Dazed, pay.
4. Discard relevant card - daze or 1 mana counter. If FoW in hand, still discard their daze.
5. Ritual #2. 4 black mana. seas, LED on field.
6. 3 Black for Doomsday. From bottom to top:
Lab Maniac
Gith Probe
LED
Brainstorm
Ideas Unbound
7. 1 Black mana, U from seas, LED. Tap STD for draw, crack LED for UUU in response, have
UUUUB and Ideas in hand.
8. Cast ideas. Draw Top, brainstorm and LED. Cast LED. and Top, have UUUU in pool.
9 Top draw, sac Led In resp, 6 blue in pool.

>he just recycled the question I used from the last thread
Inferior Dredge strikes again!

Honestly, I forgot there was a question in the OP and just copy/pasted the whole thing

is there a beef between you two?

No, I'm just teasing him.

Just some cheeky banter.

Well I hoped for some cool story, ending with more lighthearted fun

I'm failing to see how your pile wins. Your sequencing up to the casting of Doomsday was correct though. But the best pile to use is, top to bottom: Ideas Unbound, Led, Led, Burning Wish, Random Card. This doesn't require any extra mana (like an untapped sea), and kills with plenty of storm even if they never cast a counterspell.

I don't think I've posted my list here before, but here it is.

I foucsed on the maniac win, and coudn't get enough draw to make it without milling. (also post closed on me twice already, so I posted before figuring it all out) I think it might be impossible here. Storm is a way better choice here.

Yeah I don't see a maniac pile that doesn't involve at paying life for a probe so I think it''s impossible.

>flayer of the hatebound , balustrade spy and FKZ
>not the more janky and impressive Angel of Glory's Rise/Azumi/Labratory Maniac wincon
C'mon bro step up your manaless dredge.
>no manaless dredge
C'mon bro.

ENOUGH BANTER
POST SIDEBOARD TECH THAT YOU RUN MAINBOARD LIKE AN ASSHOLE

Main deck abrupt decay for those sick miracle killer piles

FORGOT PIC

son, you some kind of Infect Hater?

I'd love to run picrel in Legacy, is it viable? Nabbing a Brainstorm with it must feel great, and at worst it cycles when you cast an instant.

>paying mana for your counterspells
pleb
4x FoW, 4x Daze, 4x counterbalance or bust

GUESS WHAT ELSE I RUN MAINBOARD

>Tezzerator
Almost my entire deck is niche silver bullets and sb cards, I've got ;
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Trinisphere
3 Ensnaring Bridge

Not really sideboard tech, but also relevant to the OP. Im trying out Azami and lab maniac as an alt win con for my manaless dredge deck

>Playing?
Death and Taxes
>Testing?
B/W Pox ideas
>BDIF/Favorite deck in format?
Favorite deck: Manaless Dredge (first legacy deck I ever built, kinda miss the little bugger).
>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?
I Aether Vial and proceed to do what I do best! ... Be mildly annoying the whole game.

chuckled

Oh, also been testing out Chains of Mephistopheles

that's not as bad desu. vines, invigorate, become immense, and inkmoth kind of blank it. wtf are you even running?

>Whited Glistener Elf for maximum tilt
I like you.

>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/budget-legacy/526479-primer-oops-all-spells
And I didn't change either of the first 2 posts at all, because I'm a shit.

Just bought essentially this exact list, arrives later today

>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/budget-legacy/526479-primer-oops-all-spells
I'm just saying in my experience it's more resilient to have angel/azumi/lab maniacas a wincon in manaless dredge, and it's also got style points.

Well I don't often play SE as graveyard hate as much as I do to rid my self of cards that are good against me. It's helpful, very. The other cards double up and help me in several matchups not just dredge dredge. As for dark confidant? I honestly can't see him being good, my play style with miracles is hard and fast. Often leaving myself tapped out for the sake of casting an extra spell and Bob will definitely not help me there. Then there's inevitably a time where I'll straight up die to FoW or terminus off the top when I can't do anything. It's also limiting my top capabilities because now I'm playing around my own Bob. It could be okay and I might be overreacting but I'm just not seeing it. So far I'm thinking the Kamal from Kaladesh could be pretty spicy.

TIME FOR ANOTHER DOOMSDAY PUZZLE!
The doomsday list is here The scenario: you mull to 5 on the draw and keep ritual, doomsday, delta, lotus petal, probe. Your opponent keeps 7 and goes turn 1 plains, aether vial, pass. You draw for your first turn and it's Ideas Unbound. Might as well not let them untap. Kill them turn 1. But how?

Do you have tendrils main board?

Jesus christ I'm bad at Doomsday. I've figured out one that wins us the game on our next draw step, but against DnT it's really risky, because if they have StP we lose

>Fetch out a black source
>Petal (1)
>Tap land for Ritual (2)
>Doomsday (3)
From the top--
Petal
LED
LED
Probe
Burning Wish
>Cast 2nd Petal (4)
>crack petals for UU
>Ideas Unbound (5)
>LED, LED (7)
>Probe (8), crack both LEDs (BBBRRR)
>Burning Wish (9) for Tendrils
>Tendrils for lethal

If you do play delta Crack for blue, Lotus petal, use petal for rit, doomsday for rit, rit, probe, petal, tendrils. Play ideas, drawing rit, rit, probe. Cast Gitaxian probe, drawing petal, cast another probe, drawing tendrils, cast petals and then rots and there is storm 11

No tendrils main. I linked my puzzle post to the post that I linked to my list in so you can see the list.

Can't you just stack petal, LED, LED, Probe, Burning Wish? This one doesn't seem like much of a puzzle. Or I'm missing something obvious.

I forgot LED was a card in the deck, that would've made my life a lot easier

This is basically it except there's only 1 petal in the 75 so you have to cracking it before you cast doomsday so you can put it back in the pile.

LED is a pretty good card.

Ah I didn't even look at the list despite the entire time wishing I had the list to look at. I'll do better next time senpai

Oops, should've paid more attention to the list.
Close enough, what do I win?

Yeah it's not terribly difficult as long as you crack the petal pre doomsday so you have it to put in the pile. I'll come up with some hard ones if that's what you want.

I actually played that deck for about a month before deciding that I hated it. I think I killed myself 6 times out of maybe 30 games.

I don't know if I'd be able to manage hard ones, but I'll give them a go.

I vote for some Lich puzzles, because not everyone plays Doomsday and most everyone here wants or is interested in playing Lich.

But lich isnt that puzzling. You just draw a jillion cards and double grapeshot them.

One more doomsday puzzle. You're at 14 life vs miracles. They have a meddling mage naming burning wish. You duress them and see 2 swords to plowshares and a counterspell. They have 2 untapped tundras. You have an island, a swamp and a top. Your hand is ritual, doomsday, probe, led. What would you do to have the best shot at winning?

Play Ornithopter.

didnt read the answrs to see if I'm little user that could, so here goes:
Delta into swamp
Dark Ritual 3b
Petal on bf
Doomsday for led led gith probe burning wish
Gith Probe to draw Petal
Cast petal sac petals for uu
Ideas Unboumd to draw Led Led gith Probe
Storm 6, cast 2 leds for storm 8, sac for rrrbbb
wish tendrils from sideboard storm 9
gg wp

I think you have the right idea.

Duress Counterspell
Swamp Ritual for BBB
Cast LED
Doomsday for Ideas Unbound, Cabal Therapy, Lab Maniac, LED, Brainstorm
Githaxian Probe to draw Ideas Unbound, in response crack LED for UUU
Cast Ideas Unbound, sit at UBBB, draw Therapy, Brainstorm, LED
Cast Therapy, naming StP
Cast LED,
Cast Lab Maniac, 0 mana in pool, sac LED for UUU
tap SdT, draw Brainstorm
cast Brainstorm, laugh

meant

I almost got this one. I got hung up when I decided cracking LED in response to Doomsday was the right move.

>Lab maniac in dredge
Spicy
quite funny, would laugh again/10
It's to make miracles and delver folks tilt
I run a burn list where I found a lot of burn cards that are especially good vs certain decks, and I figured that I could have a strictly better sideboard if I just put some of these situational burn spells main board. This gives me the room for 4x Smash to Smithereens sideboard against those annoying Chalice decks.

interested in list

>name "Human"
>laugh as half of the decks in Legacy collapse

Then BAM! 5 angels out of nowhere

fuck u miracles you little shit I'll Krosan Grip your Top I swear to god

Oh no, not all my Human creature tokens. :^)

what would you do if they named Illusion instead?

get bridge tokens
Zombie seems like a better call for me

Zombies are 2/2 so I imagine it wouldn't do that much.

AY YO HOL UP
*looks at your hand*
U SAYIN
*casts dark ritual*
U SAYIN DUDES ACTUALLY
*casts dark ritual*
U SAYIN HOME BOYS BE LIKE
*casts Lion's Eye Diamon*
ACTUALLY BE RUNNIN
*casts Infernal Tutor*
SOME FINNA
*holds priority and smack lips*

The list is subject to change all the time. Right now I'm testing the new Chandra as a 2-of. Before that I ran Browbeat. The sideboard feels all right, but enchantments are really tough to beat sometimes.

I run 2 Winter Orb and 1 Sylvan Library main board in RUG Delver.

fuck miracles

making them 1/1 makes Zealot kill way worse, not sure about flayer kill

>cast Chandra, Jace of the Finance
>next turn cast Fireblast
>pay for it
living the dream

So I love legacy to death, and my MUD deck.

After seeing the Kaladesh spoilers i'm super hyped for some of the cards and want to know what you guys think.

Toolcraft Exemplar, Inventor's Apprentice, Scrapheap Scrounger and Bomat Courier are all super spicy for a potential 'artifact zoo' style deck.

I'm imaging something like:
4x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors
4x Glimmervoid
4x Plateu/Inspiration Village
1 - 2x Utility Lands, Maybe Inventor's Fair

4x Lion's Eye Diamond
4x Mox Opal

4x Bomat Courier
4x Toolcraft Exemplar
4x Inventor's Apprentice
4x Enlightened Tutor

4x Lupine Prototype
4x Scrapheap Scrounger
A number of Jitte and maybe swords, might be too high CMC.
Some silver bullets to get with tutor.

4x Ghirapur Orrey

SB looks something like:
4x Aethersworn Cannonist
4x Pithing Needle
4x Retribution of the Meek
4x Rest in Peace
other stuff etc.

Some sick synergies is the LED's to dump hand for Prototype, pay for Bomat Courier then have mana to cast what you get back, activate Scrapheap Scroungers you just discarded, pay for an Orrey you exiled with a Courier (put there by a tutor) and turn on metalcraft for the Opals/increase density of cheap artifacts.

Just an idea for a new approach to aggro that has some surprising nut draws. Also hopefully combat some of the usual death of aggro (*cough cough, Terimnus*) with speed and the potential of landing an Orrey on T2 after dumping the hand.

Maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree and this is trash but i'm trying to make it work with the new cards i'm in love with.

Where does the BBB come from after you cast Ideas Unbound?

Guess I killed the thread. Sorry.

Its Friday man. People got shit to do. Especially when it comes to legacy general peeps.