Rifts

Rifts thread? Post some Rifts pictures, characters, monsters, locations, etc.

Have you created your own custom content for Rifts, or is there more than enough stuff in the official material?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium#pbtip9t08wn38
txt.do/58m2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does the mecha-horse have nostril-lasers?

Yes. Those are mini-lasers for shooting down alien horse-flies and other such pests. Very handy.

This supplement was straight out of Heavy Metal.

Anyone know if there's a PDF of Heroes of Humanity floating around yet?

How the fuck does that gun work?

It's pretty simple, user.

Press the trigger and bullets, lasers, micro-grenades and arrows come out.

Judging by pictures there appears to be more than enough content in the official material.

Yeah, 60 books is probably enough.

But I like to homebrew shit anyway, just a habit.

>There is a deformed chick
>With stupid clothes
>a fucking example of Luis Royo's drawings
Get triggered by the gun

Ironically despite there being a thousand different Rifts books, because each one is about 10% actual regional content, 40% Kevin's PCs from his home games, and 50% stats for power armor, you will still have to come up with a lot of stuff yourself no matter where you set your game.

>But I like to homebrew shit anyway, just a habit.

I respect that

I like that gun already.

I love Luis Royo drawing, but I hate nonsensical guns. It's like combining a powertools with something as random as a dinnerfork.

I swear, the only worldbooks with actual content in them are the ones where Kevin had no interest in the material so he didn't fuck with the writer's ideas.

I'm pretty sure Psyscape is the one that set off the rant on RPG.net from one of his freelancers.

So someone posted this in a previous thread:

mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium#pbtip9t08wn38

Does anyone have the link for the Savage Rifts material? Has anyone done Savage Rifts conversions yet?

Indeed:

RIFTS RESOURCES: txt.do/58m2k

I asked before, but how many different types of dragons are there in Rifts?

I know they're not color-coded like in D&D, but their classification seems kind of arbitrary.

It's pretty arbitrary - the conversion book has a bunch, the core books have a few, and occasionally expansions add some here and there as well (ie, Japan)

I never got why people shit on Luis Royo.

Yup.
file/o38sj1
It's a sendspace file and it won't let me format the link properly, but you can probably figure it out from that much.

So is this yet more Coalition wank? I'm getting a bit sick of the writers jerking off to dudes that are clearly Nazis.

You would think after dozens of books outlining the Coalition army, we might finally get something about Lazlo or New Lazlo or some other good guys.

Thanks for the link.

I'd like to see sourcebooks for Lazlo and Chi-Town too, but the "good guys" are far too weak to be a force defending Earth from a demonic invasion.

If the choice is between demons and Nazis, I'll take the Nazis thanks.

>If the choice is between demons and Nazis, I'll take the Nazis thanks.
Or you could try uniting the people who aren't fucking Nazis, maybe.

Awesome, thanks man.

Lazlo and New Lazlo are a bunch of weak ass hippies.
Also, pretty sure Chi-Town is still Coalition.

Besides, the CS are just cooler then Lazlo and New Lazlo.

>Lazlo and New Lazlo are a bunch of weak ass hippies.

Canonically, they pretty much invented "Techno-wizardry" on rifts earth:

>Lazlo began as a tiny community of mages who had developed a new science. A science that blended magic and technology in a new way. It has since grown to become the capital of magic, and the founding home of Techno-Wizardry as well as a center for learning. (RUE, p.21)

So every single one of those Tolkeen techno-wizard robot beasts owes its existence to the work that happened in Lazlo decades earlier.

They have an entire city powered by harnessing the power of a Rift - that's bordering on Atlantean-level magical power. There's a reason they still exist; that is incredibly fucking powerful, even in a world with the CS and Federation of Magic.

>A rift opens to the dimension of Metal

Haha! Yeah, every Rifts game should be played to a heavy metal soundtrack.

>Rifts
We're starting a Rifts game soon. A low-power "mercs"-style game where we have really basic equipment. I'm playing a Body Fixer.

We're using the GM's custom MDC -> SDC conversion rules, because we all think MDC is dumb-ish. Should be pretty fun.

>MDC -> SDC conversion rules
It pretty much is already. Everything of importance is MDC, so it's basically just like SDC. Bringing back AR and hit locations (like in Erick Wujcik's original vision) would be much better for Rifts.

We are bringing back AR, and hit locations are a possibility.

I just assumed that most conversions like that went that way. We just hate MDC = auto-killed by one damage if you're SDC. You're not always in your armor, you know.

Right on. Your GM wouldn't be named Matt, would he?

Nope. I know it's tempting to assume there's only like 18 people playing Rifts at any one time, but strangely enough, I've been to the Palladium Open House, and it was packed to the gills. Never seen them at a big con though. I think it's more popular than you'd assume at first thought.

>there's only like 18 people playing Rifts at any one time
Right, that's mostly based on my observation of Rifts fans on the internet, which I don't think many of them even use that much. Or they cluster in the one location that's very active (FotM). There probably are a lot of older Pally gamers from the 1990s who play but don't get active online.

Care to post your conversion rules?

I know the Minion War event isn't popular, but I for one really like the idea of all the earth factions that hate each other being forced to temporarily work together.

>Lazlo and New Lazlo are a bunch of weak ass hippies.
They were the ones saving the world from the Xiticix while the CS was busy with unnecessary wars against fellow humans.

Not my rules, but he's (the GM) just multiplying all MDC by two (armor and damage), and adding AR based on what the Prowl penalty of the armor is and whether it's environmental or not. SDC numbers do not change.

I should point out the game only uses base Rifts, the Mercs book, and parts of New West (though that's very limited)

So is Rifts like a cool version of He-man or something?

>that loli in the bottom-right, wtf?

Rifts is like if 40k took place entirely on earth, and was a couple degrees less grimdark.

So it's basically 2000AD the RPG?

Weirder. Really kitchen-sink in terms of what all is included.

Sounds fine to me. RPG's are always more fun the less setting limitations they have.

He-Man, Krull, GI Joe, Transformers and Thundarr the Barbarian all rolled into one, baby!

I've been noticing Appleseed is pretty appropriate too - just change the Utopian Olympus for a more overt fascist dicatorship.

Just imagine it with magic too.

That mech has a gun for a dick, why? You know what, why is the question for almost all of these pics. All we're missing is the proverbial kitchen sink and we'll be good to go. Like someone just threw every fantasy and sci-fi trope they could think of all in one setting.

>Like someone just threw every fantasy and sci-fi trope they could think of all in one setting.

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole idea.

Post RL rifts vehicles.

Where would Palladium be without all the cool Zeleznik covers?

>Like someone just threw every fantasy and sci-fi trope they could think of all in one setting
Well, yeah, that's Rifts. Is this your first time here?

>That mech has a gun for a dick, why?
Because, silly as it is, it's actually a reasonable place to put an anti-infantry weapon on a mech, keep enemy infantry from blowing the legs and all that.

Also having a dickgun means that it absorbs the recoil right near the center of mass, compared to an arm or shoulder mounted gun.

Oh god, finally cracked open the PDF.

Right away he has the CS raising an army of 2 million, and puts in stuff about the CS fighting the Xiticix when the official CS stance in Xiticix Invasion was "Let Lazlo do the fighting."

They've previously established that 105 PA North America is at 1850s population levels, including D-bees and excluding demons and creatures of magic. If the Midwest is the new eastern seaboard, that means the Coalition States has a population of roughly 3 million. Which means the army they'd muster for a World War 2 equivalent caps out at 600,000.

>Divide all population numbers by 10
>Divide all military numbers by 100

I want to ask a bit of a question for you guy's, how is Rifts as a system?
is it good, bad, really confusing or needs a lot of house ruling?

It's a relic of late 80s/early 90s design. So it's mediocre at best, but it has a really bad layout that exacerbates the problems it possesses as a system, which are further worsened by the sloppy copypasta that the company uses for important tables. Everything takes forever to do because combat is slow and skills are fiddly and percentage based, you don't get a lot of benefit for leveling up, and the tendency to introduce at least a dozen new races and classes every book has resulted in horrific levels of bloat.

On the other hand, Savage Rifts is elegant, well designed, and extremely fast in character creation, adventure generation, and actual play. Play that instead.

It's a modified version of 1e D&D rules, but with as much splatbook bloat as 3.5/PF.

Maybe it's a techno-wizard gun, and literally runs on magic.

That doesn't explain the chainmail necktie, however.

That's just fashionable where she comes from.

Those post-apocalyptic boardrooms have such finicky dress codes.

>it has a really bad layout
As an example of this, character creation is presented in the wrong order. You have to choose your race before rolling attributes, because your race determines what dice you roll for each attribute. But rolling attributes is Step 1 of character, and if you want to choose a non-human race that's part of Step 5.

Also "Understanding Mega-Damage and M.D.C." is bizarrely one of the steps of character creation.

Anyone have any Juicer artwork?

Deunan is very Knute.

I guess I can live with that.