/srg/ Shadowrun General - Nice Threads, Omae

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Vashon Style Experience Host...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Mortimer_of_London_Styles_October_2078.sim
>How_Does_Spinrad_Look_So_Damn_Sexy_All_The_Time.edu
>Zöe_Client_list.zdf
>Chiba_Street_Styles.trd

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 5647 (88% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Look at that body. Help me hide that body, quick."'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Model_Casting_Couch.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What are you wearing, chummer? What is everyone else wearing? Can we finally get shoulderpads back as a fashion accessory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_mm_caliber
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Active Camo body armor. Duster. Ninja Mask.
Cowboy hat. Spurs.

Better picture of Slayton (the one in the poodle skirt). Her and Vanoppen (the buzz haircut) have the most realistic clothes I can see walking around on the streets of the Sixth World.

Mortimer of London Berwick suit and a matching Argentum Coat. Though I think I still have a bit of a senator's blood on my shoes, so technically I'm wearing a bit of her too?

>all that gross mismatching shit piled on each other

At least wear a bandana around your face and fully commit to the out of fashion cowboy aesthetic.

Gotta clean that off, son. You can judge a man by how he treats his shoes.

Would you rather your street samurai be giggles the clown, or a mister freeze knockoff?

Por que no los dos?

Yekka, see:

I dont speak chinese

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

为什么不能两者兼而有之?

Ooooh.
I was under the impression you didnt want two street sams.

Also mister freeze would hate giggles the clown. Especially when he ruins the ice puns.

Not two; both.

No, you have Mr Freezy the Ice Clown.

I... I couldn't decide whether I wanted to be a corporate ninja or a cowboy.
So I became both.

Armored Jacket is the best thing for the streets, in my honest opinion Omae. its simple, its effective, and it doesn't draw attention to you.

>not wanting to draw attention
>literally choosing to be a boring pleb

Why don't you just go take a job as a night watchman at some Tacoma warehouse? That's simple and low-key. You can use the steady paycheck to buy blue jeans and buttered soynoodles.

Buttered Soynoodles aren't going to kill the mafia boss that killed my daughter.

Urban Explorer Jumpsuit + Ballistic Mask

Well, a lot of Street Sams are terminal cases/walking dead men by nature, but not everyone is gonna be a Street Sam even if it's probably not far wrong to choose to play them in a hyper confrontational fashion. They go exactly where they want to go exactly when they want to go there and anyone who says differently is in for a fight. They probably also do this exactly because they want to pick fights, too.

I mean, it's a class of people who are either dauntless, have something of a death wish or adrenaline addiction/serious personality disorder, etc. These are people who gradually dehumanize themselves out of the need for more functionality in a fight, or to replace what has been lost in the latest scuffle they didn't walk away from in one piece.

They will die. Today, Tomorrow, some time for sure.

But again, it's not for everyone. Not everyone is a wire reflexed murder machine, and even some of them maybe want to reserve themselves for the next fight they might not walk away from in some crack house or some assorted industrial or business oriented structure.

Clothes that are cut to show off cyberware (pants cut high, shirts torn to show off your cybertorso, one sleeve missing to show off your cyberarm, etc.)- gauche or future-chic?

How bad of an idea is it to make some sort of crazy gearhead with a heavily modified motorcycle, using auto-targeting weapons installed in his bike to shoot people while he drives it, with Gecko Tips and all sorts of other crazy shit in it?

Failing that, is there a viable way to make a Tachikoma type thing?

>crazy gearhead with a heavily modified motorcycle
Not a bad idea, but you need to be judicious with what mods you put in, because motorcycles don't have a ton of body to spend

Would the tachikoma type thing be more doable?

No, it's way less viable because you need to put in Walker Mode in addition to everything else, and it's slow as fuck.

Building a superbike is possible, it just takes some careful planning of what you want to go into it. IIRC, the Scorpion from core is still the best option for the highest body (which determines mod slots) while also having a reasonable base price and no really awful stats (besides Pilot, but that's standard with vehicles and definitely something to prioritize with your mods).

Unless I'm mistaken, Walker Mode still benefits from Speed Enhancement and Acceleration Enhancement.

You are

>Whenever a vehicle switches to a secondary propulsion mode, it uses the Handling, Speed, and Acceleration values of the secondary mode, shown below, instead of the regular values. Attributes of secondary propulsion modes cannot be improved.

Well, that's kinda retarded.

Would it be unreasonable to ignore that/houserule it away?

Those feet... ugh...

Houserule away that they can't be improved? Maybe a GM might let you buy Enhancements for each mode. But the way that the Speed, Acceleration and Handling Enchancement mods are written in terms of how they change the vehicle, it's very retarded to say that they should affect a motorcycle and a giant spider in the same way.

Having separate improvements for each mode seems quite fair, but since walker mode is going to eat up all of the powertrain slots, I'm not sure it's actually relevant.

Not in this case, but if someone ever wants to make a Hellhound that turns into a helicopter, it'll matter then.

>What are you wearing, chummer?
A jumpsuit
>What is everyone else wearing?
A normal suit, a really really ugly suit with an overcoat that doesn't match, and then I forget.

>and then I forget
did your chummers ever wear something so ugly that your brain just instantly says "fuck this" and forgets how it looks? Laes in clothes form style?

Faux leather. So much faux leather.

What does it take to get yourself a good rawhide coat and some real feathers around here? Am I the only Shaman that isn't filthy rich? Seems like either everyone else can afford the real thing or they have way better fakes than I could find.

Of course the crew just tells me to give in and buy a stupid trench coat like they did.

>Am I the only Shaman that isn't filthy rich? Seems like either everyone else can afford the real thing or they have way better fakes than I could find.

They make it themselves. Go out hunting for reagents and some new pants at the same time.

Oooh, that is a very good point, especially since I'll be dual-natured and I have critter spook so I might have to fight off spirits or floating elementals or something.

>did your chummers ever wear something so ugly that your brain just instantly says "fuck this" and forgets how it looks? Laes in clothes form style?
It's entirely possible. They're both mages, and mages are known for bad taste.

Spirits and elementals aren't animals

>Ammo
>18mm
Jesus christ

Ah yeah I meant animals and/or paracritters might be flying or something.

>Not rocking Urban Flash

I'm kind of busy being the best thing that ever happened to my crew to be going off on a camping trip. If I left overnight our mage would probably fry himself staring at his own palms, and our resident decker has been forgetting to feed himself lately. I know I'm older but come on. It's like I became their dad.

I might have to hire a fragging babysitter just to get myself some new boots.

>Not using glorious Makarov

She's got 9mm, 10mm, .40, and .45. Girl clearly likes her pistols and SMGs.

the NIN sticker is worse

Are throwing knives any good? Are they an acceptable alternative for an old fashioned silenced pistol?

No I don't think you realize

It says 18mm

Not 9x18mm

18mm

That's huge

I wanted to write a post about it and realized
Normal invisibility is based on the other people not seeing you because you alter their brain
What if they see you
but you are SO UGLY
that everyone just forgets it?

Cameras can pick it up since they don't care
People make WIL checks to make their brain acknowledge you

Maybe improved invisibility is being EVEN UGLIER so that not even the cameras see you?

>GMing a new campaign, 4e
>One of the players is a really experienced GM
>Other is intermediate player
>Last two are brand new
>Still don't have anything planned
Oh god what do I do
There's a technomancer, a mage, a rigger, and a street samurai who uses an axe.

Does anybody have like, some just basic scenarios? It doesn't need to be crazy since we've got two brand new players

PDF related
otherwise: FOOD FIGHT, the one and only
I posted the link to it in the previous thread

>get my rigger to help me slap together a budget pistol
>bring him a bucket of scrap metal and spare parts while he's warming up the welder
>"what kinda rounds you want to put into this thing, omae?"
>"uhh..."
>no experience with guns, I'm a throwing knife kind of guy
>glance around the room until I find a railroad spike at the bottom of the bucket
>"something like this I guess."
>he looks at me with a drek-eating grin for a moment before he realizes I'm serious
>his grin gets even wider as he starts chuckling to himself, and pulling out his spare cans of gunpowder
>"come back monday, chummer."
>tuesday, we're doing a quick job to grab some employee records from the local drone factory
>rent-a-cop spots us while our decker is busy and reaches for his commlink
>I raise "ol' pokey" (rigger's idea) just in time and pull the trigger
>it burst fires three 18mm rounds, breaks my wrist and slaps me in the face from the recoil
>server room gets covered in torso meat and partially digested breakfast burrito, all that's left is some boots with calves sticking out of them
>rigger won't stop laughing even as the alarm system goes off and I've got a broken nose
>he bought parts to make more before we even got paid for the run

I'm scared, chummers.

Random bystander here. I don't know guns, how big is 18mm supposed to be?

>18mm
Oh God
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_mm_caliber
>The 20 mm caliber is a specific size of cannon or autocannon ammunition
>autocannon
I hope that's not for her

18 mm means that the round itself has a diameter of almost 2 cm, the wiki link has a picture

These are Rounds for something the Troll Sammy wields, not some small catgirl

Oh
Oooooh

Delightful.
Is there any basic reference stuff for NPCs? I don't want to accidentally murder everybody on the first run

Pic related is 20mm, which is close to 18mm.

There is that fuckoff sniper behind the boxes, and breech-loading thing in the bottom left of the closet. Maybe she uses that when the cybertrolls come knocking?

The possible sources I remember
CRB, Chapter "Friends and Foes"
Contacts and Adventures, duh (also has a random run generator)
Artifacts unbound has a long list of the NPCs there, could take it as inspiration
the Missions, even if you won't play them, but you can take them as inspiration

Big enough to stab people with.

Oh I have, but there's always microscopic traces, and using anything particularly strong will ruin the leather.

Reposting this here

>fragging
k y s

Someone's gonna get hung out here, guys.
Have you ever read any cyberpunk media in your life?

Any chance of someone having modded Chummer5 to do Life Path? Or is that just not something that can be done with the platform?

Shit willpower=shit stun track.

You don't appear to have any ammo for your guns, only spare clips.

Entirely unprepared to take care of your bike in even basic maintenance, better make your contact a high-loyalty mechanic who can always find time to fix it.

No smartlink in contacts or glasses.

Good for nothing but driving their motorcycle and fighting. You can't even sneak past a moderately competent guard. It looks like you got Skills A or B, then entirely failed to capitalize on it. You don't need to shoot every kind of gun but be unable to hold a white lie together and be a literal 1 LOG retard.

2/10, shitty brainless murderhobo of a streetsam, would not run with.

Is there a copy of Counting Coup in the OP links? Couldn't find it.

How well does Shadowrun work in online campaigns? I've always wanted to play one, but after my last few tabletop groups, I have no desire to join up with a new group offline.

I've only played it online, so I'd say pretty well

You just have the normal issues that comes with interacting with people online: they're not bound by the rules of social etiquette and frequent disintegration of groups because one guy had to go to a meeting one time

Pistols, Longarms, Automatics. Drop two. Keep the last one at 6 + Spec. You'll never use all three at once. Automatics has the widest range of firearms available. It also forces you to use firearms that can take advantage of electronic firing and a silencer - shotguns are not that.

Forget about Armourer. Not with skill 1, not with Logic 1.

Tracking is another skill you're not set up to use. Negotiation 1 (Bargaining) instead. That'll help you in not hounding the face/your contacts to buy you shit.

Put the extra dice into Perception 6, Con 3 (Fast Talk), and Impersonation 1 (Elf). If anyone in your group has Disguise, then you can work with them - they can disguise you, you can be not shit at pretend/lying.

Hows this?

Oh, and I forgot Sneaking. Ditch Gunnery for Sneaking - you have no drones or vehicles other than your bike, on which you can wield a machine pistol/smg one handed easily enough.

>literal 1 LOG retard
Intelligence should be measured by Logic & Intuition; Logic alone is academic performance and professional skills.

Retards, otoh, come by negative qualities and inability to improve, not by low attributes.

It's not good to have attributes at 1, but it's not "tear up your sheet" bad.

If you quicken control thoughts on someone, can you make someone believe something permanently?

Like moving deck chairs around on the Titanic.

What's your Priority set up? What do you really want to do with the guy?

>What do you really want to do with the guy?
Everything terribly, it looks like.

Life Modules are hidden behind an option in the Options menu, since they're kinda buggy. Like twenty of my open issues are related to various ways they're broken.

Karmagen, Bike-Sam

Be more specific. Start with what you want to do best, and go down from there.

So I'm building a SR3 cyberdeck and its programs, and I'm wondering something (couldn't spot it in the rules, but then it's a lot to wade through so I could have missed it):

Presume that you've filled up your Storage Memory space with programs and utilities, but you have a Chip Reader (or several) installed on your cyberdeck: can you bypass the Storage Memory and copy programs into your Active Memory straight off the chip (discarding them when you're done)? Similarly, could you buy an external offline storage device and load that sumbitch with programs and jack that into your cyberdeck to mooch off more programs that aren't loaded into the deck's Storage Memory space?

Bike-Knight adept, using bike to get momentum, and use the Melee Attack action from Rigger 5.0 to decapitate motherfuckers. Other than that some infiltration would be good. (by the way the ammo is a plugin on the spare clips).

Pare body, log, and wil down to 3 each. 4 is nicer, but your condition monitor only goes up on odd values for body and willpower, and log is only being used for one skill so you don't get a whole lot out of pumping it instead of just putting more into automotive mechanic.

The secret to making adepts work: 6 magic and attribute boost (agility). Attribute boost is how you fill out your dice pools, and costs practically nothing. Using it frees up the power points to grab improved reflexes 3 and the utility powers you need.

Quick mock-up attached, with 13 karma and 40k left to spend. I think it covers what you want to do, without being comically gimped outside of your focus.

Mortimer of London son. Cant go anywhere without my nice warm, armoured, large capacity coat.

I think if you can overcome the general problems with running online, shadowrun lends itself very well to it. Lots of bookkeeping and dicecounting can be cut out by using macros and for very tactical groups, being able to prepare room layouts and blueprints, instead of drawing on a dry-erase board is a blessing.

Dont be, get some ware on that arm to strengthen it up and destroy literally everyone.

Ah, that might be why it keeps crashing when I try and activate it in options. Glad to hear your'e still trying to work on it at least. I'd offer to help, but I have no idea what language you're working with, and I'd have to figure out how you're doing stuff to even start to try and help fix stuff.

>Pour all your money in to a super powered arm to fire a 18mm handgun
>Tear all the muscles in your chest and fall over when you realize recoil isn't resisted with just your arm

God that would be hilarious to watch. I need to add some dumbfuck ganger into a game who does this.

Then you man up, get a cybertorso, and those foot spike things that let you fix yourself to the floor to resist more recoil.

"Ey, bitches, you don't wanna fuck with me now that I got this wiz piece of chrome, see. Lemme show ya what happens to dregs who try to screw wit' me."
>SHHREEEEDDD
"AAAUUGGH! Wuh.. wuhdufuhgh habbuned tuh mweee? *sob*"

Better hope he doesn't glitch

A few months ago, I was able to generate characters using life modules in chummer. Problem was, I could never open the files, without it crashing.

Thank god, my GM now went back to karmagen.
Some life module stuff never made sense to me.
For example, how being a ganger made you get a criminal SIN, but being in the police force, included no sin whatsoever.

>he becomes a repeating character, showing up with more and more cyber to use his giant ass gun
>each time he fails spectacularly

How much do you need to be an Elf? Just running numbers in Chummer; it looks like it's cheaper to be a human and buy Cha 3 / Agi 6, and have Edge 2/7 on top of that.

The new Dredd movie was really fucking good and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

>each time he fails spectacularly
>and sobs like a five year old who tripped and fell whenever he does

Actually, I have a nephew who's three, and when they sob like that it stabs me in the soul.

..Who the fuck would say otherwise? I mean, besides the usual never-pleased-with-anything crowd.

Get a gyromount like all the other wiz gangers. Now your recoil IS resisted with just your arm.

It is. Elves are relatively inefficient in karmagen and end up paying a lot for their increased agi and cha caps. They're the only one of the main 5 metatypes that gets hosed like this, actually.

How would this work in Shadowrun, 4th ed and 5th?

Don't forget that free Low Light Vision quality, the most useless thing in a world where you can get contacts that let you see in the dark and also AROs for about 1000 nuyen.