Imperial Guard regiment creation thread

Let's show the heretics, the mutants and the Xeno's who got the biggest and toughest adamantium balls in the galaxy!

>Regiment Classification d10

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Let's get this show on the road!

They are a regular Imperial Guard regiment.

>Recruitment Criteria d100

Rolled 21 (1d100)

All female [m/f ratio adjustable]

>Nature of recruitment d10

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Elite tithe: The best of the best of the planet were recruited for this regiment.

So far we have an entire guard regiment made out of elite women. I like it so far!

>Home World d100

"dice+1d10"

I live to serve

Rolled 6 (1d100)

Death World for Amazons!

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Rollan.

Hive World: No claustrophobia, excellent sense of direction? Urban combat!

Urban Amazons? Who knows, maybe the next roll can tell us more?

>Home World Predominant Terrain d100

Rolled 71 (1d100)

Wasteland: Excellent scavengers and hardy survivors.

A heavily polluted Hive World it is then!

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

Rolled 20 (1d100)

Rolled 24 (1d100)

> Amazon brigade of Imperial Guard
Go on...

Infantry Regiment

"You see that bunker? I want it!"

>Specialization (d10)

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Something befitting elites pls RNGesus

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Drill & Discipline

I think you got your wish user. Ave Imperiator user

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Well I know which roll I would go with.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

well poo, and here was hoping for notVulvani.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

> Undisciplined
Our amazons are a bit on the wild side, eh?

Undisciplined: Will follow the Emperor but don't expect them to bow to authority figures.

>Special Equipment (d100)

Vulvani?

...maybe.

> Heretical
> Undisciplined
> Their specialty is drill and discipline
This ride is way too wild.

Rolled 35 (1d100)

From Mad Max: Fury Road.

> exotic mounts
Did somebody say dinosaurs?

Exotic Mounts

Groxes bred for war maybe? or some other wasteland/hive animal

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Yes, it was you.

Rolled 20 (1d100)

I'm all for amazonian dinosaur riders.

For The Homeworld: This regiment's mission is to demonstrate the skill and steel of the homeworld to the rest of the Imperium.

>Regiment Friends (d100)

>>amazonian dinosaur riders.
FREE PASS TO VALHALLA!

Our amazons want to show the glory of their planet to the Imperium. Time to roll for friends. Sororitas or bust!

Rolled 23 (1d100)

It appears that we're friends with Space Marines. Perhaps, Space Wolves, given that we're both free spirited servants of the Emperor?

Adeptus Astartes (a specific chapter, roll our own?)

>Regiment Enemies (d100)

Rolled 16 (1d100)

Orks Re-roll?

We are angry. Angry about ORKS.

Ok, let me do a recap

Well it seems that the orks think we are good fer a propa scrap as well.

Everyone needs Dino mounts.

>Imperial Guard
>All female
>Elite tithe
>Hive World
>Wasteland
>Infantry Regiment
>Drill & Discipline
>Undisciplined
>Exotic Mounts
>For The Homeworld
>Regiment Friends: Adeptus Astartes
>Regiment Enemies: Orks

That pretty much sums it up. Ok whall should we fluff out first?

Could be Snakebites. Dinosaur v. Dinosaur fights. Even though the planet is a Wasteland Hiveworld. So, maybe not dinosaurs.

...Robodinosaurs?

>...Robodinosaurs?
Me Grimlock approve of this idea.

We could get insectoid dinosaurs! Like zerg.

Robo-insectisaurs!

Maybe someone could do our colours?

bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php

Things we need to do:
>Name our homeworld
>name out regiment
>Who leads this regiment
>What have they done
>Why are they all women?
>Is it safe for snu snu?

Also, come up with the reason why we're still undisciplined after all this drill and discipline.

Maybe it's a more cultural thing? Other Imperial officers and commissars see their ways as being undiciplined? Just a thought.

So how about that:
Our homeworld is a heavily polluted hive world where the favourite pass time of the cool kids is hunting/catching the local dinosaurs, one of the last surviving wild species, and it is from the best of those hunters (huntresses) that the regiment has been formed. Since they take pride in their skill, and consider themselves to be superior to other denizens of the planet, they generally have trouble with authority figures (hence undisciplined), but are individually very capable, so when it comes to combat they are a formidable unit (hence drill & discipline).

inb4 tumblr anti-Patriachy Let's make them better than that.

Maybe the friendship with Space Marines has something to do with it. The ladies don't believe in the faith, but still believe in the Imperium? Leading to broing it up with the Muhreens while everyone else thinks they're out of control.

Well drill and dicipline could be like, they spend most of there days training/marching and even while on leave or vacation they keep up a rigid way of life? While they to other guard regement look undiciplined cause they dont follow the standard doctrine regarding combat/way of command?

Hive world: Larochiqus

A desolate and polluted hive world long in decline, made up of fallen towers and toxic chemical rain. The underhives are at constant risk of flooding, kept at bay only with co-ordinated teams of 'insulators' who scout out potential incoming tides or floods and re-direct it using synthetic tarps made from the waste itself. All hands are on deck when a breach occurs, having to work quickly and efficiently to both stem the flow from whatever failed obstruction and quickly drain the toxic mess from their living areas. The above ruins are infested with mutants, but even worse are the orcs which fill every barely habitable nook and cranny and occasionally gather into groups large enough to threaten a section of the hive. The nature of the toxins has an effect on the fertility rate of the hive world, going as high as 90% females to males making it to maturity. Males tend to become sick early on in infancy, but if they can survive to adulthood become as strong and healthy as the females. Their contact with the imperium is generally unfavorable, as the coming of trade or tithe ships is usually accompanied by the dumping of more toxic waste and taking much of their finished goods made from manipulating the toxic sludge. The imperium at large seems to always be dumping on them, though the Emperor's spirit keeps them strong so long as they work as a dedicated unit to keep their underhives safe. While they create all manners of fuel on the planet, their spaces are too cramped and broken to operate them, and it is used as a trade good. Instead, multipedal lizards are used as locomotion, which is an added boon as when they are at speed, they can run across the surface of any toxic pools.

Seems like it could work, there are bound to be lots of members of different hive gangs that make up the regiment, and the discipline problems are compounded when offworld commanders don't get the memo.

So apart from the hives there are "tribes" of people living in the wastes hunting/capturing these dinosaur like creatures, and they're the ones the Regiment is comprised of?

Remember a Hive is nearly country sized, one doesn't just step out for an afternoon of hunting in the wastes.

Larochiqus' She-Dragons?

>one doesn't just step out for an afternoon of hunting in the wastes.
No...sometimes the wastes come to you!

Seriously there's probably a huge collapsed chunk of the hive world overgrown with vegitation and inhabited by the smaller insectisaurs.

The Silvertox dragons also known as Silver beasts hail from the deep wastes and is a prized animal that bring in a lot of money for the nomad hunters. These nomads dwell outside the hives on Larochiqus. Using stealth and traps they hunt these beasts and tame them the best they can before heading off in large caravans in order to sell them to the hivers

Is this good. I just wanted to contribute

> insectisaurs
Will this do?

Also I'm imagining that the insectisaurs look like a cross between a velociraptor and one of the warrior bugs from Starship Troopers.

>The insectisaurs are a massive problem for the Hives as they can eat metal

I dig it.

See

Appreciated.

>>name out regiment
[number here] Larochiqus regiment "The Toxic beasts"
I am not good at naming things...

That's most likely why the damage has been so hard to repair. The noise alerts an insectisaur, it eats the Techpriest and his Sevitors and then eats wherever repair-work they actually did.

>Which causes their bodies to grow impressively durable scales/chitin plates possessing a metallic sheen, making them well suited for combat
?

Gorgons. Mythical female species of monsters (Of which medusa is one) noted for not being attractive. Considering the unit is going to be chem scarred and malnourished, they won't be much to look at.

I like. Let's just hope that they doesn't freak some imperial commanders out:
"Sir we just recived word that the Gorgons are comming?!"
"By the Emperor, there is no way we can win this fight then"
*Blams himself*

We got a summary somewhere?

Hey, here's an idea; What if their Astartes Ally are the Iron Hands? Fits with the idea of Gorgons

Can someone give me a summary? Two paragraphs or less?

pretty sure the guard have been squatted and main reason we got a book was to help forgeworld out.

the squats where basically guardsmen after all. makes sense for guard to fall to nids next. I'm going to get a wall of martyers set and rase a flag over it.

I'm pretty sure the only part of guard GW wants to keep is the leman russ and nuke I mean send off to the outer rim forgeworlds the rest.

makes sense because beside the start collecting the only thing guard they have reboxed in years is the rus with a frigging skitarii style technopriest. cadian models are old but they are cute and most kids are like wtf are these doom guy low res call of duty dudes and would much rather renegades or cultists or kreig instead.

or the gears of war option militarium tempest. which clearly will be guard going forward. a guard codex based around carapace armor will not be guard that's why you guys need to prepare for the worst and jump ship to FW. they are ready for you they have many m any sculpts of superior quality look at the cadian vets for example extreamly goo

like not ot mention the start collecting box has a FAILED and I mean FAILED commissar in it that looks like shit and a weapons team when no one uses weapon teams in contempory 40k. GW is selling excess stuff with that box and it only exists because of demand they don't want to give you a cheaper russ and they certainly don't want to keep plastic printing the rest of the crap in that box but they will prob keep cadians for sale forever but I expect the line to drasticly reduce and maybe get a forgeworld cadian vs what ever book.

basically as soon as forgeworld make a highly detailed cadian kit its game over for GW guard I think. and I would imagine that could happen VERY soon.

basically my point is any one buying or fluffing into guard right now would be better to look at skitarii titian guard or Orks using AOS or LOTR models converted or some thing. they are going to convert guard from a horde army to a special forces cod bullshit army with sicons and militarum tempest that first codex was weird but they will make the next one good and include all the guard stuff because they WANT guard players to rebuy their entire troops choices but from FW or GW. and Fw sell a lot of carapace armored guard atm and GW sell scions so it just makes sense for the new book to be based around stormtroopers and be completely rebalanced but include all the artillery and crap.

the book might include some massive sub flak armored formation in it for old times sake but expect joke rules.

Hey that's cool, but what about a fuckin summary up in this bitch?

What if we make them Tank Girls and have them ride giant kangaroos?