Veeky Forums, speak to me!

Veeky Forums, speak to me!

Is it a poor shepherd that blames his flock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zT_vcm7eKIc
youtube.com/watch?v=XQykP9NHJXU
dawnofwar.com/article/unit-spotlight-jonah
youtu.be/YgSYj88IQwI
youtu.be/G9r5OKlQIkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, because the flock should follow no matter what.

To an extent.

The shepherd cannot set unrealistic expectations of his flock. Just because he can do it doesn't mean that they can.

On the other hand, sometimes people just fail. It happens to everybody at some point.

This is the future Veeky Forums chose.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Nigga, 500 lions and a sheep is fuckin scary.

It really depends.
I mean, what is a shepard to do if he is competing with genetically modded flocks led by cybershepards?

Indeed, what is a Shepard to do...

The lion would probably just kill the sheep and attack each other trying to be the alpha. Maybe if they were lioness' ?

DoWI > DoWII

We must be talking about one fucking intimidating sheep-lord to command an army of hungry lions.

Shut up Torquil. Go act out your daddy issues elsewhere.

Yes.

Who fights you on this?

Yeah, you're strategy was pathetic.

>I'll just drown them in cultists
>The blood pulse will prevent a meaningful counterattack
>I don't really need to defend this relic effectively, baneblades aren't that tough to kill
>My 2 squads of possessed and 3 tacticals will defend my main base no problem

2/10 for the easiest stronghold in the campaign

>>The blood pulse will prevent a meaningful counterattack
Would have been a little harder if the bloodpulse didn't kill any defender units caught in it as well. But then again, it wouldn;t be chaos if it didn't hurt them more than the enemy :^)

DO THE DEATHS OF YOUR SOLDIERS MEAN SO LITTLE TO YOU ARE YOU THAT MAD?

For all the dialogue, details and cutscenes that they put into DoWII, not even a third of it managed to be half as interesting as the banter in DoWI.

Dark Crusade>Soulstorm

The Squad banter was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=zT_vcm7eKIc

This dialogue scene had to be the best Warhammer 40k scene around

Dark Crusade > Winter Assault > DoW I > Chaos Rising >DoWII > Retribution

>Soulstorm not even on the list
These dubs check out.

Soulstorm doesn't even make the list? Harsh

Can we all agree he won Soul Storm and should come back in DoW III?

>change his VA
>change his legion
>change his behavior in general
Remind me what the fuck the point was in even bringing Eliphas back instead of just introducing another Chaos Lord? Its not like his history with the Blood Ravens had any central role to play in the plot.

Yes, or we could if we didn't know that they would ruin the character

>goes from smooth as fuck boss nigger VA to fucking 'I'M IN EVERYTHING DESPITE BEING GARBAGE' Steve Blum.

why the fuck relic

No, it's the children who are wrong

Its even more bizarre because Paul Dobson is still part of the cast.
youtube.com/watch?v=XQykP9NHJXU

My favourite fact about Paul Dobson is that one of his previous jobs was as the DJ / Announcer at a strip club and many of his voices are inspired by his time there. Eliphas may well have introduced Candi to the stage.

His brother Brian is still my favourite

>*SMACK*
>FINALLY UNDERSTOOD WHO'S IN CHARGE YOU DAMN PUSSY-CATS OR DO I NEED TO HORN ANOTHER BITCH

That's probably because in Dark Crusade there was no Angelos
>mfw Dobson is not reprising the role in DoW3

10/10

>WITH THE THIRTY SEVEN KEYS OF TZEENTCH, WE OPEN THE WAY.. FOR CAN-DAAAAAAY

>PERHAPS WE WILL MOUNT HER ON A GOLDEN CHAIR AND MAKE AN IDOL OF HER ASWELL.

I thought they had a great set of personalities together
>Avitus's arrogance
>Cyrus's cold cynicism
>Tarkus's calm wisdom
>Thaddeus's brash nobility

>yfw Jonah Orion confirmed alive
dawnofwar.com/article/unit-spotlight-jonah

No, but it is a poor Shepherd that blames his cock.
For none can stand against the PEH-NEEES.

DO THE DEATHS OF YOURS MEAN SO MUCH TO YOU?
ARE YOU THAT WEAK?

They were IMO the best and most interesting space marine characters. Everyone had personality for a giant fanatic killing machine, and made you really like them. They had banter and weren't just murder robots yelling about the emperor.

Some of the vets were grouchy. The newbie was over-enthusiastic. Tarkus was a professional who HATES XENOS.

That info makes me even more sure that I want to take the Dobson brothers and Scott McNeil to a fast food drive-thru and just get them to place their orders in whatever voices they want.

>decided to replay Soulstorm again
>had forgotten how silly dark eldar looked.
>dig out my old dark eldar models
god I miss the old deldar aesthetic.

>Force Commander's ...

>only see angelos in the last missions of DoW2 and Chaos Rising
>don't even get to play as him in retribution
I'm STILL mad about it.

I respect the preferences of people who prefer 2's heroes and squad based combat and will admit it works well for the campaign. But I just like blowing up bases man and I like the build up to the big guns.

I don't like to make sweeping statements, but you might just literally be the only person who thinks that.
The new DE range is the biggest thing that GW did right recently that everyone forgets about. Shit's beautiful.

Those lips though

>49380828
The new ones are beautiful no doubt about it. But I think old ones are charming in their own way.
one of things I love about 40k is how rediculously over the top everything is, and the old deldar helmets are so fucking rad.

Personally, I prefer the Sisters to win Soulstorm. They need a victory more than the Guard do.
Stubbs can come back though.

>Do not trifle with me, worm.

correct

Nah we all agree on this.

>Sergeant Thaddeus reporting for duty
>Did you have a pleasant rest? Waiting for the best moment to strike?
>Good to see you to Avitus
I swear to god you can take

My execution animations

My voice actors

Even make weird gameplay choices

but if you take away these interactions I swear to fucking god relic you better die like THQ

People that like multiplayer. DoW had fuck all in terms of comp, whereas DoW2: Elite still has tourneys.

Under appreciated post.

>tfw when you're writing a fic with Eliphas as a main character, and listened to his voice lines for nearly half an hour to get a good feel for how he speaks

I always liked Cyrus because, although he's a grouchy git, I felt as though he was trying to be supportive in his own way. Like when he passes down some advice to Thaddeus.
youtu.be/YgSYj88IQwI

On the surface it seems pretty dark, until you remember where they are, and that he's most likely right. Space Marines don't die in their beds, Cyrus is just telling the newb of the team how to cope.

They look like they're having so much fun.

>Eliphas fic
Slash me... And die.

Don't worry, I'm not shipping him with anyone.

The guys who did Gorgutz and Crull must've been absolutely loving this scene.

youtu.be/G9r5OKlQIkk

>CHARGE THE GAAAAAATE

AYOO AYOO HOL UP

What the fuck was Relic thinking? He looked like a normal person in Chaos Rising but now he's a caricature that sells soap.

dumb awooposter

>no bayonets

Is this even supposed to be bait?

Tau are the best when they're the straight man in the grimdark black comedy that is 40k. Which made throwing them up against one of the most extreme aspects of that setting that is Dark Eldar even funnier.

Speak for yourself dude, I would kill for a mod that would update the dark eldar in DoW.

DC had a shitty campaign only punctuated by some amusing banter and cutscenes. The AI was ass and the Risk campaign map was terrible. Winter Assault had a vastly superior and focused campaign system. It also completely fucked up multi-player harder than the Eldar did for all of vanilla and WA, despite what offerings it game the previous races.

In short, WA > DC > Vanilla > SS

All of the DoW 2 campaigns offered more amusing and engaging scenarios, character interactions and gear systems, yes even Retribution. Your mind is addled by nostalgia and probably having more free time to waste on long, dull campaign maps when you were younger.

Except for the whole "put clothes on the wyches" thing.

Nice metaphor but no, 500 lions is way scarier than 500 sheep

Yes. Dark Eldar are fucking gorgeous models, GW really did good with their entire range

IIRC, it was because Paul voiced pretty much all the Chaos units outside of Araghast already, and they didn't want overexposure.

Each sheep in the flock creates it's own future. To disagree is to invite collectivism.

Not same user but

I played DC after DOW2 and I prefer DC.

Though I wish DOW3 would have the armor/weapon changes of DOW2 campaign combine with the massive armies of DC/DW.

I really just want an army of pre heresy imperial fists/white scars with crusade armor.

Wyches looking like elegant dancers is better I feel. Besides Lelith is still running around in a thong and sports bra.

Agreed. Also when they're hilariously naive. Like the Tau commander who was pretty sure he killed Slaanesh, or how they usually split up when searching a derelict space craft to get the job done quicker.

I'd never stop going to a drive-thru restaurant if I could hear Scott McNeil asking if I want fries in Rattrap's voice.

Depends.

Yes and no.
Is his flock sheep? then yes. Sheep dont know better, cannot do better.

Is his flock humans? no, humans have free will, are contrarian, produce culture and counterculture outside of your influence. Sometimes the best leader cant do shit if the population isnt ready for it.

is this becoming a meme? Cause I've seen this in like four different threads.

It's been a meme since 2012, where have you been?