Could a Grey Knight turn renegade?

Could a Grey Knight turn renegade?
They can't turn to chaos, and have free will. They are true warriors of big E, and the Imperium isn't the same empire the Emperor imagined ten thousand years ago. If a Grey Knight realized that this isn't what the emperor wanted, could they go renegade while still serving under the Emperor? It may be classified as corruption, but they are still serving the Emperor.

Nope.

Do people even care about the Grey Knights anymore?

Sure, people just don't sperg on them anymore.

I dunno after that whole Sister Fiasco and the memes that followed sure.

but now I mostly see nothing on these guys its like all those dudes who had armies or would post why they liked Grey Knights just disappeared

Exorcists are still baller

Not really, there just aren't enough of them and they're kept on too short a leash to develop that sort of independent thought, let alone act on it. There's what? One or two thousand at max? And they all live together in a single fortress monastery under the watchful eye of the highest levels of the Inquisition.

Yep. Probably happens occasionally, not like anything man could do to make themselves entirely resistant.

They'd get some second-long satisfaction out of their betrayal before their Killswitch gets thrown and they explode into fire or whatever, though.

Impossible.

The only thing closest to a Grey Knight going "renegade" would be if he were kicked out from the Chapter for utilizing non-standard ways of defeating an enemy.

This might happen to Alaric, the MC of the Grey Knights books (info from Dark Mechanicus to be precise).

In Dark Mechanicus, he had to fight the father of all Titans, the Castigator. He had to climb up into his insides to reach the progenitor Titan's core. As he deduced well, the Titan had a daemon for a machine spirit. Problem was that his wards didn't light up because the daemon forgot that he was a daemon after all these years. So Alaric talked with him in such a way to remind him that he is a daemon. The latter took the bait and turned daemonic allowing Alaric to defeat him. Before that his powers couldn't do jack to the daemon.

Because of this he won't be ever promoted if the GK found out about this since it's a dangerous way of thinking and Alaric seems to be a cunning Justicar, but the Inquisition would find it extremely useful.

I guess sure yeah why not. I mean its not like 40k doesn't have other bits of rather suspect lore.

I'll say one thing for the Grey Knights, they made sure that the Exorcists didn't seem at all Sue-ish or fanwank.

On their own you might be able to say "Oh come on these chaps seem a little overdone. I mean do try really need all these special abilities and whatnot?", But then you look at the Grey Knights and suddenly; "Actually these Exorcist chaps seem positively restrained and elegant now. Good show!"

Oh, and dont forget the period of time where he got stuck on a god forsaken Daemon World, went fucking crazy for a few months or so, killed shit and hung out with khornate bitches, and only escaped corruption because he basically sealed his mind off for tho whole time.

They're your models and your army, you can have whatever backstory you want.

>but now I mostly see nothing on these guys its like all those dudes who had armies or would post why they liked Grey Knights just disappeared

Because they no longer have to defend themselves.

Isn't the current fluff that grey knights squads are alll basically mind linked? That doesn't leave too much room for free will.

Yeah. And he lost his GK bro and that one IG medic that had the last laugh on that one Tzeentchian Daemon.

If they flush out the silver knight of slaanesh we might find out m8

>tfw I own a decent sized Grey Knight army.

Sure

Yes a bunch of Grey Kinghts were corrupted by Khorne. They killed some loyast sisters bathed in there blood and fought some daemons. You know how it is just Khorne things.

I started GK in seventh, after they fell off the power level map. Still love them. Hope they get updated soonish though. Every other chapter has more cool formations and additional supplements. We only have 2 formations and they are big, unwieldy, useless ones. After the first wulfen book, and this recent blood angels one, GK are definitely in need of something.

Your telling me

Though arent Death Watch kind of like the new grey knights each unit costs a fuck ton?

I heard you can make some cheeky bike lists with death watch

Death Watch are a bunch of (usually) veteran marines from each chapter coming together to fight xenos. They have an even less versatile codex, than even the Grey Knights and they aren't really that different from regular marines, they just have a couple different pieces of equipment. Grey knights are probably the most different marine armies, from regular space marines. Each a psyker, with a force sword, and a stormbolter standard.

Well in lore atleast I always liked Death Watch as the Inquisitions marines

Grey Knights are cool paladin marines but fighting demons is always boring to me

The Red Hunters are the =][='s personal chapter. The Deathwatch are not part of the =][= in the new lore, though the Red Hunters have always been a part of the =][= since M.31.

I play Exorcists but as I consider how to do the runes I begin to realize they are actually secret Word Bearers successors.