>Setting: Re:Volution by Coldcut

Hmm. Well, all right, I guess I can-

>Protagonist: Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish
O-oh. Well, a love story in an anarchic society isn't impossible, and-

>Antagonist: Dies Irae

Man, somebody's life is going to SUCK.

This again? Alright, I'm game.
>Whistle For the Choir by the Fratellis
Optimistic cyberpunk. It's the future, and things are shit, but they can still get better.
>Left Hand Suzuki Method by Gorillaz
An addict/genius hacker, convinced he can see God in the code.
>Lifetime Achievement Award by Lemon Demon
A major megacorporation announces a revolutionary new tech: a method of reviving the dead. The God in the code doesn't like this one bit.

>Loser by Beck
The collective dreamscape of hundreds of millions. While most of it still follows the Old Rules, that doesn't mean you won't still see some wacky shit out there. Reality is just Perception with some pretentions to accuracy, after all, and "just go with the crazy" is the most important rule for survival.
>Down at McDonaldz by Electric Six
Protag's fed up with the weird shit. All he wants is to live somewhere where everyone knows physics work one way and not the other, and that a bipedal deer with person hands is weird and ridiculous.
>Electioneering by Radiohead
A charismatic King, using his people's collective belief in his power to cast powerful magic.

>Adam WarRock - I Am an Action Scientist
>Altan - The Wedding Jig
>Mystery Skulls - Paralyzed

Techno-yandere chasing a time-displaced bard in a world of action-packed weird science?

I don't have a playlist, so I'll pick the first few I like that come to mind.
>Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
>Stardust - Gemini Syndrome
>Styx - Renegade

The gist of it; a citizen of a celestial utopia gets exiled to a hellish, chaotic world and must not only learn how to survive, but also to learn how to fit in. The BBEG is less a singular entity, and more her struggles and growth as she becomes more wild and willing to fight for what she believes in; hunting down greater evils for the weak and downtrodden of the world.

>Epilogue - The Antlers
The world isn't dying, it has already died. A world where light has gone away, relationships have broken and the heroes are all dead. But still, there is some glimmer of hope, unspoken in the dark, because whatever killed the world has gone away. The huddled survivors can attempt to rebuild with what little they have, but success is not certain.

>It's time to wake up 2023 - La Femme
The protagonist is among the few survivors, among the few to see the promise in the future. However, the transgressive ideas and odd mentality of the protagonist cause her to be ousted from her community, and soon hunted, believed to be the agent of some lingering evil. The future is bright can she survive, but right now, death seems certain.

>The Idol - Procol Harum
The antagonist is a charismatic community/cult leader, professing divine insight and foresight, but who is in reality a charlatan. He had once taken the fame for saving his community from certain disaster, but it was in reality not he who was the hero. Regardless, he not only lived the lie, but in time grew to believe his own lies. His views clash violently with the protagonist and her helpers, until she finally manages to expose his real nature to the cult, shattering the cult leader's grip on them.

Bonus: Theme
>Cosmogony - Bjork
Shit's metaphysical.
The entire story is actually the creation myth for a new culture that grows in the ashes of the old world.

I'd play/read this.

>Setting: Dido - Sand in my Shoes
OK, so a desert setting.
>Protagonist: Franz Ferdinand - Michael
We follow the tales of the legendary dancer, Michael.
>Antagonist: Supergrass - Mansize Rooster
oh.

Setting
>Stricken by Disturbed
A broken dying near hopeless world abandoned by the old gods of creations on the precipice of the end of the world

Protagonist
>Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie
A happy go lucky folk hero trying to bring hope and happiness wherever he travels secretly on a mission to accomplish the secret prophecy that will innitiate the rebirth of the world

Antagonist
>Rise by Disturbed
An evil sorcerer and his army of minions trying to bring the end of everything faster so all can embrace the sweet release of oblivion

Sounds like Wander over Yonder to me

>Setting: Hell March
We are coming Commrad

>Protagonist: Crypteque
We going full rhythm then?

>Antagonist: Nicknacatory
I think this just became the fall of the Bourgeois

>Setting: The Mojo Radiogang - Parov Stellar
>youtube.com/watch?v=ucG773oSi-E
Dieselpunk setting based on the roaring 20s. The nation just came out of a major war virtually unscathed, and after thoroughly looting and enslaving their enemies, have been enjoying a period of unparalleled prosperity. By our standards, a morally corrupt society. I'm thinking something like a blend of the U.S. and the Roman Empire.

>Protagonist: Tears - Ensiferum
>youtube.com/watch?v=X8Sgdkcs3xM
The protagonist is someone that has not been treated kindly by this society. She was born in the country that got pillaged by this one (a pseudo-nordic country). Grew up in a rural area; watched her older brothers and father march off to war when she was 10. While they were gone, the village was attacked by a roving band of enemy soldiers, who killed her mother, burned their house to the ground, and enslaved her. She was sold to a noble family and has been working for them ever since. She's now in her late teens and is just going through the motions at this point; she gave up on life a long time ago. However, her position and place of birth is about to give her a unique opportunity...

>Antagonist: Treacherous Gods - Ensiferum
>youtube.com/watch?v=BmZwZ0eMHTM
The country that was pillaged by this one had a significantly lower technology level due to a heavy reliance on magic; something that was unique to that part of the world. When the invading army arrived, they made sure to kill as many mages as they could find before any magic could be leveraged against them. Several years after the invasion, the remaining few mages finally come out of hiding, planning to wreak a terrible vengeance on those who wronged them and their kin. They summon the darkest, most ancient and forbidden magic they can, no longer worrying about the cost (as, like our protagonist, they no longer have anything to live for). (continued below):

Their cold hatred, when combined with magic, transforms them into evil creatures, each a different kind (one's a jotun, another's a wendigo, etc.) This contemptible conclave has now set it's sights on the invader country, and will settle for nothing short of total genocide.

>The Overall Plot
The protagonist can use magic as well; she was just never discovered/trained due to the young age at which she was taken. She has to learn to use her powers and become powerful enough to stop the antagonists. She has to struggle with the fact that she's defending the people who ruined her life and her home.

>Ceephax Acid Crew - Camelot Chronicles
It's a very silly place. Possibly just a model.

>Venetian Snares - Ultraviolent Junglist
He's a very angry guy.

>AFX - Crying In Your Face
A sad character. Bitter over some loss in his life he created this 'Camelot' as some form of idyllic memory of his past. The people there are, however, prisoners. Our protagonist is the only one able to see through the illusion and his hellbent on tearing it apart.

>Helmet - Unsung
So, whatever the setting is there's a big ol' war on and many young men go to die and no one will remember them.

>Soil - Deny Me
Some unyielding warrior rebelling against those who would hold him down.

>KMFDM - Auf wiedersehen

I don't know I don't really know what the song is about it's mostly saying some shit about being like old and worn in various ways but never giving up and never stopping for anyone?

It's in german and has a almost marching band beat to it so how about some generic Nazi Regime analog.

Wait, this has already been done, many times.

>Setting: People Are Strange- The Doors
Alright, I could make this work, maybe like a dystopian thing or whatever
>Protagonist: Killing Fields- Slayer
Oh. Ok. So maybe a Mad Max/Fallout type setting, with a party of crazy raider types
>Antagonist: Kitchenware & Candybars- Stone Temple Pilots
Rather than one antagonist, the raiders could be dealing with a slave revolt or something.

All in all not too bad.

1. You know I'm no good - Amy Winehouse

2. Midnight - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

3. Coffee - Aesop Rock

This was oddly a good combo for inspiration

Setting: Island in the Sun, Weezer

Protagonist: Story Book Children, Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood

Antagonist: Octopus, Michael Moorcock & The Deep Fix

Basically a sort of Swiss Family Robinson meets Little Mermaid

>Setting: Atlas Plug - Truth Be Known
Some kind of mix of scifi and fantasy, where savvy members of an underclass rebellion attempt to reveal a conspiracy

>Protagonist: DMC3 - Devils Never Cry
Naturally the protagonist is a member of the rebels and joined more for the thrill than anything. Cocky, hotheaded and interested in style over substance, he or she often runs into issues with the other members of the group, who prefer more subtle methods.

>Antagonist: Shiva in Exile - Dragon Dance
A heavily dedicated dancing assassin that mercilessly tracks down the group to try and silence them. She never speaks, never misses a step, just kills.

Basically Warframe meets the plot of Serenity. I can dig it

>youtube.com/watch?v=9BvKrLDRn7I
Looks like we're going into some bleak shit, The Road postapocalypse? Or maybe some BLAME! deserted megastructures... Lets throw in some fantastic/mystical options, just to not have the PC get totally flattened by whatever's out there.

>youtube.com/watch?v=XaLT7xOoJc8
Whoa, getting some major melancholic magical girl/boy vibes here... Whatever, s/he seems a bastion of hope and equipped to take on whatever horrors s/he's up against!

>youtube.com/watch?v=mFJSM3kvBQ4
Hmm, this doesn't quite evil... Probably some misguided asshole that's gonna ruin (what's left) of the world due to wanting to bring something back, an era or person long lost. "Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" or something like that... a kinda Dark Souls "villain", no?

Why Зeлёный Cлoник image? Did prevoius one go to shit that bad?

Whatever.
Griffith's kingdom, dark and grim, is being stirred up by a pair of jolly musicians. They get many enemies and friends, but Beholder, the King's eternal spymaster, is especially mad at brothers for some reason

Rhapsody Of Fire–Emerald Sword
Fuck yea, high fantasy wartorn Greyhawk with power metal and rapey demons

Erang–The Old Knight's Farewell
An old paladin is tired and wants a piece of peace and rest in his life...

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink–Lady Marmalade
...wat. What a combo breaker.

Yeah, i suppose I could do this

>Setting
Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
>Protagonist
Man With The Harmonica - Ennio Morricone
>Antagonist
Mr. Bojangles - Dr. Hook

This could be the beginnings of a beautiful game.

>Setting
Future Club - Perturbator
We 80's now. Dark futuristic setting, specifically an undercity nightclub.
>Protagonist
Crypteque (1-2 with Shopkeeper) - Danny Baranowsky
A professional ware-peddler who keeps himself separate from the madness in the rest of the place, and just sells shit to people who want it. Weapons, armour, combat drugs, and cybernetic attachments, mostly.
>Antagonist
Siberian Divide - Mastodon
Russian immigrant from somewhere east of the Ural Mountains. Survived a gulag, only to find worse shit in his new home, with the culture shock and disillusionment leading him to madness and violence. Is severely haunted by his memories of being on the run from the Russian authorities.

Before I got the villain, I thought this would basically be cyberpunk Casablanca. Now, I'm thinking of something akin to Die Hard, or maybe a slasher movie. Mite b cool.

> Setting: youtube.com/watch?v=ofozkUtCYYc

> Hero youtube.com/watch?v=kNLkgxix2Uo

> Antagonist. youtube.com/watch?v=wz-4xELUpMs

Do people still keep their own playlists? I just open Spotify and play whatever and...
> Your music: songs.
Oh.

> Daigoro 789: From Arena to Skyrim
youtu.be/adlIBRAy6uM
Standard High Fantasy Hexcrawl with pseudo-european villages.

> Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be a Ghost
youtu.be/dfDGwhzavhM
The protagonist Refused The Call and Terrible Things Happened. They are Driven By Guilt about chickening out.

> Two advertisements: One for a supermarket chain and one for a list of break-up songs.

The antagonists are a corrupt Merchant Guild led by the PC's ex.

But why are they evil? I need one more song.

> Strung Out - Rats in the Walls
youtu.be/ihuXtWIsck4

It's a Mission Of Vengeance.

The merchant guild must have collaborated with a tyrannical, expansionist kingdom who was put down, but who could have been stopped earlier if the protagonist had done their part. The protagonist was probably a noble who would have the chance to assasinate the leader of the other country, but who chickened out and saw their country fall. Now they aim to punish the merchant's who actively aided the other country.

This is good. I can use this.

I am not sure what to make of this.

This one is really good.

This one too.

>advertisements
>not playing Spotify in your browser, where the adblocker blocks their ads

Let's go for it

>Shotgun by Detroit Swindle
A crowded city with thriving nightlife. The central setting of the campaign is the heart of the entertainment district, teeming with clubs, speakeasies and other forms of late night entertainment

>Reasons (Saturday Night) by Faithless
Someone who loves to party. They want to live life to the fullest, and their goal is to organise, manage and successfully pull off incredible party after incredible party. Unflappably optimistic and all about spreading positive vibes.

>Cartographist by Purity Ring
A party drug that's infiltrating the nightlife scene of the city, reducing those who take it to a catatonic state from constant ghostly hallucinations and deadened sensation. A cult of zombie-like addicts and pushers is threatening to rot away the soul of your beloved city. Can you struggle against the forces of darkness and pull off the party of the century?

>The Good Doctor - Protomen
>Mr Roboto - Protomen
>All alone - Gorillaz

SO FAR SO GOOD BOYS

> Bauhaus - In a flat Field
The hero is lost in a bleak land where everything seems the same, he tries to get out but wherever he goes, he sees only more of that bleak realm. Perhaps it is the underworld, judging that...
>Egypt - Valley of the Kings
The hero is an pharaoh, during his life a master to hudreds of thousands, the god-king. But death comes even to those claiming divinity.
>Death in June - Hollows of Devotion
The antagonist is his own overwhelming desperation, sorrow and resignation as he struggles through the grey waste.

>Setting : Sentient by Perturbator
Cyberpunk, neons and religious themes (going from the video clip). Androids have started feeling stuff and... well, the setting writes itself fairly clearly with that song, I don't know what I could add to it.

>Protagonist : God was never on your side - Motörhead
A jaded dude with a rage against the heavens. You know what, I really like where this is going. Reminds me of Torg's Cyberpapacy. So he's an android and the creator he rages against is Humanity.

>Antagonist : And then you kissed me II by the Cardigans
Hm... I'd say it's Protagonist's ex-girlfriend, with whom he had an emotionally and physically abusive relationship? Maybe she's a human. She still obsesses over him. I can see this work with the rest if she's his creator, and they had an almost incestuous relationship thing when he turned out sentient.

Them bones- Alice in Chains

C.R.E.A.M.- Wu Tang Clan

Nuthin but a G Thang- dr. Dre & snoop Dogg

Holy shit

>Nuclear by Mike Oldfield

That's easy: nuclear wasteland.

>M.I.A. by Avenged Sevenfold

... A soldier with PTSD and a dash of survivor's guilt.

>Riders in the Sky by Johnny Cash

And ghost riders. Ghost riders trying to catch the devil's herd. In the sky.

This felt too easy. Sounds cool, though.

>Here Comes the Sun
Apollo is the worshiped most by the populace. Every day, he brings the sun. One day, he doesn't. Party sets out to figure out what happened.

>Opening to the anime "The World God Only Knows," Secrets of the Goddess
Protagonist was a layabout that never aspired for anything. When the sun disappeared, he decided that he much do the impossible, that if the sun is to be rescued, he must do it himself. His dream is to drag the sun back into the sky himself, if that's what it takes.
>Another anime opening: Renai Circulation
(anime doesn't take up that much of my playlist, so this is surprising)
An ultra-powerful yandere spellcaster lady is in love with Apollo. The sun god is being held in her extra-dimensional basement. She acts perfectly innocent and doesn't think she's done anything wrong.

I think this will end up with leaving Apollo to his fate & the protagonist rises to godhood to fill in.

>Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
>Kokiri Forest - Ocarina of Time
>War's Theme - Darksider's OST
It's too easy.

>Don't Get Lost In Heaven - Gorillaz
Grungy, rundown modern times.
>Nothing Bad Ever Happens - Oingo Boingo
9-to-5 businessman who's willfully oblivious to the degradation of morals and joy around him.
>Ask the Lonely - Journey
A fabulous person who preys on the loneliness that hangs over everyone's head like a malaise. Their public motto is about hearkening back to idyllic days of yore.

The campaign's theme is about being aware of not only what the current problems are, but of also finding ways of going forward.

>youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

>youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs

>youtube.com/watch?v=Gx9Kf122wMc

Uh, I'm playing Dogs in the Vineyard now, I guess.

Fuck you for just leaving it as it is
Do a setting now,it sound too good

>[NIN] Everyday Is Exactly The Same
Crushing gray monotonous dystopia.
>[ChouCho] - Happy Fate
Girl that managed to find spark of happiness against all odds and now fights to protect it.
>[Lindemann] Praise Abort
Fuck...

Disclaimer: don't judge me
>setting: HIM - Join me
Depressive suicide realm?
>protag: Apocalyptica ft. Corey Taylor - I'm not Jesus
Antipaladin that was abused by a member of the church?
>antag: Adelle - Hello
Protagonists ex?

Holy fuck, that's depressing

>Hazey Jane I - Nick Drake
>They Are Night Zombies!!... - Sufjan Stevens
>Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud - David Bowie

This would be extremely shitty, and I don't know how it'd even make a setting.

>Antagonist inspired by a Lemon Demon song

Sign me the hell up to play that

Setting
>Miracle of Life - Yes
So everyone in the world really appreciates that life is something precious, so it's something perhaps more harmonious than our world.

Protagonist
>Perfect Game -Last Alliance
A game-obsessed individual, maybe the perfect gambler, or something to that effect?

Antagonist
>Jimmy Carter -Electric Six
... ... ...
Well shit. I laughed way too loud in the break room at work.

>Seatbelts: Piano Bar 1
A bar... I guess?

>The Boss Hoss: Hey Ya!
Okay, so he's a bard.

>Lazerhawk: Dream Machine
An... evil... car?

Setting: Fingertips (They Might Be Giants)

Protagonist: Oblivious (Aztec Camera)

Antagonist: Echoes (Pink Floyd)

Cosmology: Citroens and Sitars (Ninja Tune)

I give up. If someone else can cook up something, then you're a better dm than I.

>Black Snake Moan, Martha Copeland

Game takes place in the Old South, with black voodoo magicians and the devil at the crossroads.

He's a Pirate - Hans Zimmer (Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack)

Protagonist is a Spanish pirate brought back to life by voodoo.

>Oogway Ascends (also Hans Zimmer, this time from Kung Fu Panda, because I have a playlist of movie soundtracks and he's composed half of them)

The antagonist is an ancient Sidreal Exalted.

DAMN

>Oogway Ascends
This music ALWAYS makes me cry. It's such a stupid ass fucking movie, but holy shit, was that scene excellently executed.

>"But you will get a peach..."

The tears do not stop.

That's because in an otherwise stupid movie with a diluted, Hollywood kiddy message, Oogway's death scene is for some reason a pretty good (if basic) discussion about Taoism. What you can and can't control, and whether you should try to control it, etc.

>youtu.be/zSCOYAJd2PE
I'm thinking a big sleezball city like Detroit or LA.

>youtu.be/Ch1WYOAUOF4
Guy from Georgia just trying to get by supporting his family on odd jobs.

>youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4
I don't even know.

Notice how Oogway abruptly goes from giving Shifu the allegory of the peach to telling him how "it is [his] time to go", essentially breaking it to the student who has adored and respected him for decades that he's going to die. Basically, his final lesson is one of the most fundamental, and most difficult to accept in all of Taoism: there is an order to the universe, and you cannot go against it. Peach seeds grow into peach trees, and the time comes for all men to die. He dies in complete peace and achieves enlightenment because he does not struggle against the way of things. He accepts that there are things that CAN be changed, and even encourages Shifu to guide that change along the favorable path - but he knows what things can't and shouldn't be, and embraces them completely.

Thinking back on the scene, it also makes you realize that for all of his funny bumbling, it's very, very clear that he had their whole exchange planned out for quite some time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img

>Nekrogoblikon "No One Survives"
Post apocalyptic wasteland, with goblins.

>Nekrogoblikon "This Is Our God"
He's a cleric?

>Nekrogoblikon "Prince Of The Land Of Stench"
He's David Bowie.

>Genesis 19: 1-2 by the Mountain Goats
Sodom the day the angels get sent to destroy it
>When You Were Young by the Killers
The one guy in the city who isn't a sinner
>Collapsing Stars by the Mountain Goats
The guy who has been ready to die and plotting your murder for years

Well... that's pretty tense

>Of Monsters and Men - King and Lionheart
A peaceful people are being besieged by dark forces. The world appears grim and its end all but certain. Even so the people that inhabit it refuse to give up.

>The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun
Our protagonist seems to have a dark past. Perhaps seeking a quite life far away to escape from it. Eventually, however, he realizes that he has to face his past for the sake of his newfound home.

>Donovan - Mellow Yellow
Our antagonist is unhinged to say the least, but still retains a calm and somewhat suave exterior.

>Setting: One More Conclusion by Tsuyoshi Kaneko (Makai Kingdom title theme)
This song always reminds me of a mystery of some kind; so, going with the game it comes from, perhaps planes are up and disappearing and nobody knows why.
>Protagonist: Ancient Hero by Darkesword, OC Remix of LoZ Wind Waker
You are the soul of a hero who's lived and died, and continued protecting your realm even in death. Your in corporeal nature allows you to see the plane falling apart before it's denizens do, and you depart from it in order to discover what is happening.
>Antagonist: Brusher Patrol by Darren Korb, from the Bastion soundtrack
There is some kind of secret elite unit that, while not actively causing the collapses, are trying to push them along and stop anyone trying to stop them.

I would absolutely run this game, but none of my players would like it.

> Lone Digger-Caravan Palace

> Magic-Mystery Skulls

> Get it up- Mindless Self Indulgence

mfw my entire story is centered around a couple of rival 1920's lady killers.

>tfw your song list is nothing but anime songs
>tfw your setting song is "Super Driver" from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyah" and your protagonist song is "Egoist" from "Mirai Nikki"

>Sookie Sookie by Steppenwolf
>Burn, Burn by Lost Prophets
>Melodious by Seether

A pyromaniac sorcerer is trying to undo the curse laid upon the women of a small town by a dead man wrongly accused.

>stormy may day by ac/dc
>All the young dudes by bowie
>thousandfold by eluveltie

Someone's going to get stabbed in the head by the romans in the rain, apparently.

>setting: cells - the servant
>protag: radiohead - creep
>antag: arctic monkeys - do i wanna know
So in a white-collar dystopian world where the overall atmosphere is the underwhelmed oppression-through-monotony of a bored and ultimately hopeless people, a nobody with little going on for him stuck in the dredges gets lovestruck after a chance meeting with someone from the upper echelons, but ultimately feels undeserving of her attentions. Meanwhile, the antagonist (likely her lover) gets jealous and insecure about this meeting, and conflict between him and our protag leads to whatever manner of ADVENTURE we have in this nonsense. Tone of the music itself would fit a crime drama style game I reckon.

I feel like I've watched this movie a couple thousand times but I can't pin a specific title down.

>Daft Punk-Touch

Humanity has advanced to the point where instead of euthanasia they stick people's minds into robots, which has caused massive moral dilemmas as some people don't want to be robots, but have no say when they are potatoes or cancer patients because the government is all up for using this as a prototype for WAR ROBOTs(because of course) and other people trying to become vegetables on purpose to become robots or using illegal doctors to become rusty clunkers with minimal budgets during the production and that's where the technology is. No dystopian hell, no plagues, just an ultra modern setting where the biggest problems are moral dilemmas and people being idiots.

>Ghost B.C.-He Is

Member of an apocalypse cult who in an attempt to sacrifice himself for the upcoming apocalypse who gets stuck in one of the said robots. The cult leader shuns the protagonist now for "abandoning flesh", but does it as a fatherly figure for the protag was a good member. Now the protag has to look for a new purpose after falling in love and trying to remain faithful to the cult, with him selfishly trying to use his lover as an expy within the cult, guiding her from the shadows, without realizing that he is technically going against both the cult's will and forcing his lover to go against her own will, while thinking that he is becoming closer with the lover.

>Disturbed-Criminal

The ex-lover of the MC that introduced him to the cult, coaxed him into almost committing suicide for the sake of the cult, the one who coaxed the leader to kick the protag out AND the one who coaxed the protag to "be part of the cult still" through his new lover, also the reason why the protag thinks that what he is doing might be a bad idea.

>Disclosure - you & me (flume remix)
So, some kind of metropolis esque digital art deco utopia where the upper crust dance the Charleston to the phatest of beats

>Ennio Morricone - the ecstacy of gold
The aged hero of some high society family back from a tour of duty as a sheriff on the edges of civilization where he's spent most of his adult years dealing brutal justice to bandits and mercenaries. A not so defenseless fish out of water in this elegant word.

>Kero kero bonito - flamingo
A beautiful and eccentric young lady of high society. She's an epicurean and collector who's never heard the word no, until now. Her fickle tastes have turned toward our hard boiled hero but he'll have none of it. Little does he know that beneath her sweet smile and extravagant pink dresses is an amoral and relentless predator that knows how to play the social game like a true maestro.

>all these generic metal
>fucking disturbed
guys, I'm not even /mu/
but
seriously guys?

And what exactly is the problem with people listening to things they want to listen?

>Jimi hendrix: purple haze
So a sci-fi world gripped by McCarthyism over drugs?
>Dragonforce: Soldiers of the wasteland
I got nothing.
>Mitsunori Ikeda: Fallen Angel feat.Aimee B
What the fuck do I do with this?

I mean If I combine all of them I've got a show by Trigger, with a hotblooded protag obsessed with music and a kind of perpetually high, freeloving antagonist who spreads drugs and uses them to escape pain for some reason or another?

>that playlist
That's some fucking elder-god tier taste

>Setting: The Sunk'n Norwegian by Alestorm
Okay, pirate setting, cool
>Protag: Heeding The Call by Hammerfall
Neat, a Knight Templar has wandered into pirate land
>Villain: The Imperial March(cover by Epica)

Knight Templar vs. Sith on the High Seas.

Bitchin

>Setting: Dust Devil by D-code

A jazzy western setting, I'm picturing Mexico/the American Southwest with a roaring 20's flair, maybe a bit of dieselpunk.

>Protagonist: Gravity Giants by Steak Number Eight

Uhhhhhhh, I don't know. Perhaps a black mage transplanted from the frozen north is looking to escape the things that he has inadvertently sworn himself to?

>Antagonist: Bang Bang by The Monophonics

He's being hunted by a female bounty hunter who doesn't really care why she's supposed to kill him and bring his heart back to her employer because the money's good. A real femme fatale.

So to summarize: A black mage from Scandinavia is being hunted across a dieselpunk southwest North America by a femme fatale bounty hunter and a number of otherworldy beasts brought forth by his former masters. I'd play the shit out of that.

>Hast Thou Considered the Tetrapod, The Mountain Goats
In an violently oppressive near-future America, the people find solace in technology; an underground unregulated Network.
>Haiti, Arcade Fire
Our hero is a violent young revolutionary, haunted by their past.
>Fake Tales of San Francisco, Arctic Monkeys
Our antagonist is a debauched aesthete, working for the Party, and tasked with hunting down the hero.

>Setting: A Cruel Angel's Honk by aberrantkenosis
A post-apocalyptic world where, after a war with alien kaiju, nearly everybody got turned into jelly and the survivors attempt to pick themselves back up after being left behind for being too individualistic. Their individualism has endowed them with greater power and endurance, turning this into a world of constant mortal combat. And bikes are the main mode of transportation.

>Protagonist: It Has to Be This Way Famitracker cover by ExterminatorElite
An 8-bit former politician who is fucking invincible because he was given nanomachines before this all happened. He seeks to build a nation of individualists, united yet working together, with everybody free to fight for their own beliefs.

>Antagonist: Augurs of the Serpent by StringStorm
He is opposed by a conspiracy of pre-apocalypse supersoldiers whose loyalty was screwy at the best of times. They now strike and ambush people for seemingly little greater reason beyond savagery, but are clearly working towards a larger plan of some kind.

>Setting: Manowar - All Men Play On 10

Sword and sorcery. Conan is the norm. Muscles everywhere. Fuck wizards

>Protagonist: Bathory - Song To Hall Up High

Viking-ish character seeking to prove himself worthy of a glorious afterlife

>Antagonist: Dark Funeral - Goddess Of Sodomy

A barrelbottomed devil seeking the extinction of the barbarian tribes by making sure no new childred are made.

Type 0 Negative - We Hate Everyone
an audio lecture - Hitler's New Order
(skipped over a couple of instrumentals)
KC and the Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It)

Uh... so... um... I guess it's a game about genocide with the protagonist leading the movement and the apparent antagonist going, "Right on, man."

>Yung Lean — Yoshi City
Neo-Sweden, 2070 AD. A bustling metropolis where technology has grown so advanced and the culture has become so fractured as a result of unchecked immigration that social interaction is a distant memory. Most of the population is made up of "Sad Boys" and "Lonely Clouds" who shun all human contact and cocoon themselves in comfy, tiny apartments.
>Eagles — The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks
After discovering a few clips from Animal House floating around on the tubes, a Sad Boy starts to think that maybe having IRL friends and throwing keggers isn't such a bad thing. He gives up his solitary lifestyle, fashions himself a toga and starts seeking like-minded individuals to recruit to his fraternity.
>Peter Frampton — Do You Feel Like We Do?
The Premier of Neo-Sweden, a die-hard hedonist. He has hoarded all the country's wine and fears that the toga-clad "Chad Boys" will attempt to topple him and take it for themselves. He also lost his vocal cords in a tragic childhood accident and must communicate solely through a guitar with a talk box.

Peter Gabriel - No Self Control
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Lalo Schifrin - Enter the Dragon

In a world that's out of control, only a multinational army can stand against the horror of Bruce Lee.

This is such a great way to gain inspiration for writing

Thanks OP

Just put my entire music folder into VLC, hit forward three times with random track on, and here is what we got.

>Hideyuki Fukasawa - Warfare Again
>A Sound of Thunder - Calat Alhambra
>Christopher Lee's Charlemagne - Act III: The Bloody Verdict of Verden

So Fate/Stay Night with Isabella De Castile as the protagonist and Charlemagne as the antagonist.

Yeah, fuck it, let's go.

>Setting
Amen and Attack - Powerwolf
youtu.be/ZpFgkZWHXqA

Oh fuck yea. Super crusades!

>Protagonist (I'm just gonna interpret this as my PC)
Gold - RWBY
youtu.be/EczdC7_WxVQ

O-k, so my character wants to protect a loved one from a dark and dangerous world.

>BBEG
Awaken - Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
youtu.be/XUhVCoTsBaM

Yea I was afraid of something like this. Fuck.

It is the year 1349. The Black Death is ravaging a high fantasy feudal Europe right now, killing millions throughout the continent's southern and central nations. Witches, Demons, Werewolves, and other supernatural oddities are arousing from the darkest corners of the realm, threatening to cripple the grimdark societies of the 14th century. Holy Orders and Monastic Orders of the Catholic Church are God's Chosen to combat this evil of darkness, utilizing the powers of heaven to combat their unholy foes. A young woman from a village awakes one day to find that her younger brother has been abducted by three mysterious men bearing the mark of Satan. She joins one of the Holy Orders(and the rest of the party) to find her brother and uncover his abductors sinister plot.

The villains are gathering a sacrifice to complete a ritual that will merge themselves with Satan and bring him to the mortal plane.

Would anyone else play?

>Setting
>Born of Osiris - Machine
We're in a cyberpunk world and you're trying to free yourself from being a mindless drone of conformity

>Protagonist
>Videodrome - Pig in a Blanket
You hate cops and have a Freudian complex

>Antagonist
>Sabaton - Price of a Mile
A military leader in a constant back and forth over a few hundred yards of territory

>Powerwolf
>RWBY
>JoJo
Are you me

>Setting
youtube.com/watch?v=SkgyIpJ_sXc
Nice jazzy prohibition-era 20's, fuck yeah.

>Protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=gk9iZItvtcA
I'm picturing a singer/dancer who's been used in the past and is fed up with people's bullshit. Could be really interesting to see in action.

>Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=EKhIt7ZLZao
SEND HELP
A little kid who just wanted to be loved made a pact with Something and has gone full corruption...

Holy shit I want a SCP game set in the 20's now.
No CoC pls

>Blow the Man Down by David Chappell
Looks like were going for a swashbuckling adventure...

>Far Away by José González
where the MC is a gunslinger from a small town in an area under the process of colonization...

>Ghost Lead by Secret Messenger
and the BBEG is a 200+ year old necromancer/lich woman that's trying to do some voodoo style ritual to bring back her loved ones. They died decades ago as a result of her practicing black magic. She only wants to right her wrong but is going about it in a twisted way (the ritual).

>Primo Victoria by Sabaton
Well, WWII it is.

>Orchestral cover of Before my Body is Dry from Kill la Kill yourself.
Probably some edgy kid whose father died in WWI and he holds a grudge against the whole nation of Germany.

>The Johnny Cash version of Hurt
Depressed, regretful, and redeemable Hitler I guess.

>Setting: Viol by Gesaffelstein
youtube.com/watch?v=CIpyBeBpC74
Cyberpunk and dark as fuck. Indentured corporate arcologies, media bombardment and consumer suggestion pervasive in almost all facets of life. No privacy, no privileges beyond the vapid and passing relief you can buy. Violence is the go-to form of inter-corporate diplomacy.

>Protagonist: Gone Guru by Lifeseeker
youtube.com/watch?v=GXRJWhA777o
She is a repeat offender, one of the subversive non-conformist elements that is a statistical inevitability, despite all attempts to remove such unrequited traits. Now she's tagged, tracked and augmented, a disposable asset, an attack dog kept on a very short leash. On the plus side, she gets to play with all the best toys and it's not like they can bill her for the collateral damage.

>Antagonist: Kingdom Fall by Claire Wyndham
youtube.com/watch?v=0-_Ggk0ZmX0
The head of a powerful corporate monarchy, but too much is never enough. She would see the world burn before if she could become Queen of the ashes.

>Setting: Turkish Song of the Damned by The Pogues

>Protagonist: Magic by The Mystery Skulls

>Antagonist: Death Valley Queen

Got a story in mind already, but too tired to bust it out. fuuuuuuuuuuuu

> Setting: youtu.be/uesqhy9kwcA
> Protagonist: youtu.be/gXzMD065HEk
> Antagonist: youtu.be/7RzA_Oomra8

Would you play it? If so, how?

Not gonna lie thinking of a setting based on that is what's throwin me off here. I'll allow someone more skilled than I to take the reins.

>mystery skulls
Good taste, user.

>Berserk opening
normal low-mid fantasy setting but engrish
>Fuckin an animal: Gwar
Not far off from what my players usually bring
>C.R.E.A.M: wu tang clan
BBEG had a rough childhood that turned him to crime/evil

>Setting: 3030 by Deltron 3030

>Protagonist: Against the Ninja by Dragon Sound

>Antagonist: Ignition by R Kelly
uhhhhhhhh

>C.R.E.A.M: wu tang clan
>BBEG had a rough childhood that turned him to crime/evil
>No BBEG is a kung fu warlord and uses each rapping style of Wu Tang as as a fighting style

youtube.com/watch?v=NKpIkOXgAmg

Wait, wasn't future club used in the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack? If I remember correctly, for the most part Russian mobsters were the antagonists along with some other groups.

What the fuck are these choices

>Genocyber Fairy Dreamin

youtube.com/watch?v=oFpp9b-O_JU

>Stratovarius - Eagleheart
youtube.com/watch?v=CCnn7WEQIDI

>2pac- Only God Can Judge Me
youtube.com/watch?v=rh9S4vLDDOI

if it was band as the theme yeah but its song and there is no Kung Fu warlording in C.R.E.A.M, not in my version at least

Maybe in protect your neck

>Precious Jerusalem by Blind Guardian

Holy crusades time in a vast desert land, crusading armies from across the many lands coming to capture and ancient religious center from an enemy faith, with introspective spiritual quests, inter-schism conflicts and heathen-slaying. Miraculous divine displays of power are becoming more and more frequent.

>Riddle of Steel by Iuvenes

Grizzled old barbarian believer from a land newly converted to the faith, clad in his people's traditional beast-hide armour but carrying dozens of trinkets, charms and symbols of the mighty new faith, but in the depths of his mind are the old stories, old beliefs and old gods.

>Triangular Tattvic Fire by Melechesh

Sorcerer Warrior-Prince of the heathens, who has lived all his life entrenched in the esoteric vagaries and mysticism of his the desert cult that became an empire. The holy city has ancient secrets he desires and no length of steel will stop him.

> Setting: youtu.be/dv13gl0a-FA
> Protag: youtu.be/_yK0GAC5c6w
> Antag: youtu.be/VZuDEVay1cI

How erect are you now?

Rolled 58, 25, 56 = 139 (3d100)

What would a eurobeat setting even be like? Speed, passion, fire - how does this translate into a setting?

>Domino the Destitute - Coheed and Cambriah
>Hey Jude - Beatles
>When you were young - The killers

A brother who lost everything after entering a magic war to save his dead sibling discovers another, he forms a group to keep him safe and plays a bunch of different factions that concocted the war that killed his brother to try and make a difference.

After a fresh tragedy he comes to the conclusion that humanity cannot handle the freewill it abuses and through a deus ex machina aims to take control over/end of evangelion humanity.

It ends with the main characters impossibly convincing him that humanity isn't totally horrible and that there is still so much good that has and even more that can be done but he has to trust that this group that he built can build a better future. In the final day of the "new war" the rarest thing of all, everybody lives.

Setting- youtube.com/watch?v=oR-PmH3hMoo
Setian Massacre-Iced Earth -The last of the humans are hiding from a highly technologically superior race in the mountains.

Protagpnist- youtube.com/watch?v=IzsYLMx8fJc

Born to Rule- Hammerfall
The hero is the rightful ruler of the survivors, wielding a technomagic hammer against the invaders.

Antagonist- youtube.com/watch?v=NvG-jYMDvKM
Blood, Dirt, Love, Stop - The Heavy

Soo the antagonist is the invaders commander who honestly didn't want to invade and brutally murder the inhabitants of this world, but it's his job, and his wife/lover wasn't a fan of it either, and left him for not standing up to his superiors over the issue, so he's kinda apathetic currently, but still doing his job.

A depressed android must ignite his passion for drift racing after the Gods of a dying age kidnap his lover to use as fuel for some cosmic flame? A dystopian future where the entirety of the world resembles the mad streets of Tokyo, with an extensive underground of overly hammy drift racers?

Other good BBEGs from him include No-Eyed Girl, You're At The Party, Redesign Your Logo, and of course, Bill Waterson.