Off topic a big maybe but I hate the normie fanbase of 40k...

Off topic a big maybe but I hate the normie fanbase of 40k. I've known some irl and they shout waaagh in public and everything. and they only like 40k because "the space marines look cool". Read the lore or gtfo plebs

Tl;dr Normies out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zT_vcm7eKIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The lore is shit though, along with being inconsistent, told by unreliable narrators, and is pretty much a massive edgy excuse plot.

Honestly, as a semi-normie who doesn't play much 40k, I don't get the appeal of Space Marines very much.

The Guard though, they seem really cool. I guess I just like the idea of ordinary men and women going off to fight the horrors of a hostile galaxy with nothing but a laser-pointer and balls'o'steel.
Plus their whole historical themeing is pretty neat

Anyone who unironically uses the word normie does far more damage this hobby than actual "normies" ever have.

>and they only like 40k because "the space marines look cool".
So, literally every 40k fan?

Same here, I've only played the vidya (and a tiiiny bit only war), and I couldn't care less for SM. Give me IG, chaos or some boyz over the puny overly-emotional SMs any day.

Same, I just really love massed firepower, and the tanks certainly help.

Oh, and shout out to the design on the Kasrkins

>I don't get the appeal of Space Marines very much.

They're super human engines of destruction. They fight aliens, traitors, and mutants and whoop their fucking ass making the action hardcore.

I like the guard hell they were my first army but I like space marines a lot too.

>Read the lore or gtfo plebs

You sound like that one kid/autist on DakkaDakka that got linked to 1d4chan and started going "But that's not how it's in the lore. What are they doing?"

>I don't get the appeal of Space Marines very much
The least of them are fucking huge war machines armed with a gun shooting rockets and a chain sword

And the best: They fight and die for humanity in their eternal fight against xenos, heretics and horrors so bad you would go mad from just hearing about them, only so that assholes like you can complain about them on the internet

It just sounds like HFY marysuery to me which just puts me off of them entirely.

The real problem with 40k's lore is that it used to be tongue-in-cheek, with a sense of humor. It used to be a deliberate send-up of similar settings, with equal amounts of cheek and metal.

Then the fans replaced the original writers, and those fans didn't get it. They took it at face value, and took it seriously, and didn't get any of the jokes. The setting's original sense of humor flew right over their heads, and their shitty writing has attracted yet more people who didn't get it, and now that sense of humor is completely gone from 40k.

It appeals to everyone's inner fascist.

>hating casual fans

Fuck, Veeky Forums, you've fallen a long way.

Space Marines are transhuman, which makes them very low of the HFY scale. The Imperial Guard is HFY as fuck though.

Sorry you feel that way.

I'll keep liking my inhuman engines of wrath that fuck shit up.

It really has.

We're nearing the point where the board has been wrung dry.

Its HFY in that yes they win but it costs them how many lives in gruesome and brutal trench warfare style combat and upclosed firefights and the only sueish thing i can actually pick out from it is they just plain don't lose numbers as a whole. Sure the planet can be lost but the IG as a whole didn't even lose 0.000000001% of its population with that loss.
Space marines are just utter bullshit where 8 drop down and carve their way through swarms of orks until the entire planets ecosystem revolves around the newly made blood ocean then they just fly off and do it again. No loss, no difficulty, no interest.

This guy gets it. Death korps best regiment.

>just 8 can do that.
>8 can pacify a whole planet of orks.

Ok user. Believe what you want. We can't fix the retard that is you.

Death korp is fucking shit,

Tactics? Who needs that shit just dig, throw artillery shells, and men at the problem and hope it goes away.

A regiment that personifies the retardation that was world war one.

Krieg is literally the worst example possible
Grimdark as fuck, name retarded as fuck, no tactic and most important NO FUN ALLOWED
Tongue in cheek? Humor? Anything a little bit more light-hearted?
NO ONLY WAR

I hope FW will burn the entire Krieg line

>Genetically engineered transhumans
>HFY
Are you retarded?

But there's all sorts of modern fluff about how Xenos altering or engineering their soldiers is disgusting or unnatural, that some writers try to portray the Astartes as the pinnacle of Humanity as a faction, and the obvious fact that the Human genetic base in 40k is massively more varied in scope than in real life.

Kick out the normies, and only the SJW will remain.

>No tactics
>Siege regiment

That`s because you need to pretend that the 8ft tall guy with 18 new organs who can spew acid at will is human when your whole doctrine is found upon killing everything that isn`t.

Space Marines are Grimdark. Often they are also Grimderp. But they sure aren't HFY.

If you rate factions based off the realism and competence of your tactics, I assume only Tau and the occasional BL faction are permitted to exist and the rest are shit? Because even the so-called genius commanders of 40k are often absolutely terrible at doing their job when looked at from anything other than a results perspective.

> 8 marines
> planet of orks

I mean hyperbole is fine and all but damn

Also while we're talking about ridiculous odds, Last Chancers that is all

tactic is the smallest problem with Death Corps

I can see why you adressed only this one

Nids are competent enough.

>could be making daring armored advances
>Could be dropping in behind enemy lines fucking shit up

nah lets just dig a ditch sit in it. Throw artillery shells and then send men into the grinder.

So cool you guys. Trench warfare is so epic.

This, You'd think the Eldar bred like rabbits by their tactics and k/d ratios

He probably addressed the post that was specifically aimed at their tactics rather than your tired old line about how everything sucks because it isn't comedy, that faggots have been spewing since 3rd ed dropped, because it was a post that wasn't made from a broken record.

...This nigga serious right now?

I bet your one of those people that hates Dark Eldar because you think they're too edgy. Kreig, like DE, are a satire of the 40k universe. They take the grimdark up to 11, and then break the nob trying to achieve 12. The Orks may wear it on their sleeve, but far more of 40k is meant to be over the top silliness from the perspective of 21st century plebs like us.

That's stupid as fuck. The quality of a board is based entirely on the people within it.

People who are all "lol normies suck amirite?" are faggots who just need to be told they are a faggot to realize they are a faggot.

None of what you listed is a problem. It's hardly my fault you're too thick to recognise satire.

DEldar are exactly what 40k is about.

There is not a single redeeming factor about Krieg

so give me an example of the satire in Krieg
>inb4 they are a satire about ww1 and they are grimdark so it's a parody

>Point out some satire, just not the thing they're a satire of

M8...

>DE are exactly what 40k is about
>Not a single redeeming faction about Krieg
As someone who plays both of these factions, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about

>Kreig shows how far the Imperium will go, IE nuking their own planet while they're on it, because "Fuck traitors"
>Kreig, as a planet that solely produces soldiers, shows the disregard for human life that the Imperium has
>At the same time, it exemplifies the Imperium's unwillingness to flinch in the face of the terrible, horrible reality that is 40k.
>Actually use tactics that aren't complete trash, though only through the virtue of everyone else just running towards their Artillery and Trenches

Even from an out of lore perspective
>Some of the best Guardsman models, rivaled only by Hostile Environment Caidians
>Had multiple awesome vehicles specifically designed for them, as well as interesting supplements to the army books

I get not liking a faction, but don't be willfully ignorant, user. It's a bad look on anyone.

By this metric, photographs of Verdun are satirizing it.

I have to say, I hate them mostly for their shitty fanbase that takes them at the face value and tell everybody how "hardcore" they are.

No DEfag does that

It would make more sence if only the elites and hqs were actual elder the rest were wraiths and thrall races.

You realise WWI involved constant innovation in tactics and weaponry right? Its not like they just tried the same things for 4 years. You cannot blame officers trained in colonial wars struggling with an entirely new situation involving unheard of numbers of men and logistical problems either.

That because DE are into gay bdsm sex

That might be hardcore too at times, but not the kind we are speaking about

When do you allege this happened? I played in 3rd edition and didn't notice much humor then. It was very grim dark and I fucking loved that about it. Rogue and 2nd were a very long time ago.

Actually gave me a chuckle 8/10

Which is exactly what 40k needs/deserves.

That's not an accurate depiction of the lore... Marines aren't made out to be invincible. I just finished reading the first few Horus heresy books and we have hundreds of dead Marines already.

Disregard fanbase

Acquire happiness

This. I like some space marines as characters, but as an army I far prefer either the Guard or the Mechanicus. The admech are better than SM for HFY in my opinion as they decide "fuck this squishy human form, I want a bitchin' mechadendrite and a power skull." The religious indoctrination and cargo cultism does make them nicely grimdark as well.

The books also state they're fart huffers with homosexual leanings. You sure you want to use BL as a decent example of marine lore?

Any idea where to move to? /co/ is slightly better but not much and /qst/ is ok if a thread gets going but we get so many that don't get a third update that it's disheartening.
So did anyone tell him to go to Veeky Forums and click on the catalog?

No normie shouts waaagh in public

You're just a super-sperg mad at other spergs

What are you going to do about it?

What does that have to do with anything? Oh, right, it doesn't. Just accept you're wrong instead of acting like an amnesic who forgot what we're talking about.

Super soakr full of vinegar.
Everytime one of them normies it up i'll aim for the face and flapping mouth.

Yes, it is.

I'm saying BL is a terrible source for marine lore as its often times contradictory and slightly less often just plain stupid.
You're talking about a time when shit went to shit so off course there HAS to be some dead marines elsewise they can't get across how shit everything went.
It's like superman kicking ass 24/7 then just to show how OP this new villian is superman gets his ass handed to him in one go, of course superman wins eventually anyway.

Correct.

>/co/ is slightly better

christ user it's the Pedophile containment board

Okay, have fun getting your nerd ass beaten to death.

you're the problem

it shouldn't matter to you unless it effects 40k

nah you're the problem fag

Even in Deathwatch, a game about playing veteran space marines fighting the worst the galaxy can throw at you, Imperial Guard armored support's official statblock is "fucks shit up".

>it's the Pedophile containment board
That sums up too much of Veeky Forums I'm afraid.

You ever have vinegar to the eyes? Its basically the same effect as mace and i doubt some trust fund 400lb powder puff can tank mace without falling to the floor sobbing.

>what was /l/

>he thinks WW1 had no tactics

CATACHANS RULE

This actually leads me one thing

Catachans have so much fucking named people in their lore.

While Cadians the absolute poster boys of the IG have a whooping 3

The other regiments are just "make your own"

youtube.com/watch?v=zT_vcm7eKIc

Say what you want about DoW but these voice scene kinda made you feel sad

In the first two books it's still pre heresy. Marines die to enemy xenos as part of normal operations. Anyway what other sources do you use? The codex obviously glorifies them, as do all codexes. Now I know the codex writing is of, well, mixed quality. That I'll absolutely grant you, but they are not half as bad as what you described.

Anyway table top and lore have always diverged for the sake of gameplay. As it should be, honestly. Who would play guard if one marine could spray down and kill 25 guardsmen per turn with some shrapnel bolter fire? You gotta be a little lenient here or the game would be boring.