Front Mission

Question, what in Veeky Forums's superior opinion is the best system to attempt to run this in, bonus points if it also has me purchasing and equipping predesigned weapons and limbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/ChromeStrike
store.steampowered.com/app/443000
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know, maybe Mekton Zeta.

GURPS

I quite liked Chrome Strike, though never got to play it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/ChromeStrike

Played an AC inspired session in Strike!, that was pretty good as well.

I'm thumbing through ChromStrike right now and this seems kinda close to what I'm looking for.

>Best system to run front mission on
Super nintendo. Fucking gun hazard man, its amazing.

I didn't care for Gun Hazard as much as the first game

Battletech

Use whatever system you want for out-of-mech stuff.

Savage Worlds would work for that.

I can see Heavy Gear being adapted for it.

I can understand that, but man was gun hazard amazing. It is so rare for people tomix sidescrolling mechs and rpg mechanics.

I'm not so sure BattleTech really covers the style of Front mission, Mechs to be more lumbering and much larger that Wanzers

Oh So can I

There are quite a few games like Gun hazzard on steam, Gigantic Army comes to mind

As the creator of the ACE System... I'd have to say that Chromestrike is your best bet.

On PS1, obviously. Front Mission 3 was the best of the lot.

ChromeStrike is a system I always want to play, but my group never gets into. They don't like learning new systems, unfortunately.

Well thats a shame. It looks rather good.

The basic combat mechanics are okay but it's unbalanced and borderline unplayable due to the amount of unfinished or untested bullshit in it. I wish it was a good system because it has potential, but it's not.

5 was better than 3. Fight me.

>Heavy Gear
This is the only correct answer. Hop over to the HG General for PDFs. Silhouette Core has all the rules you need to play a Front Mission RPG.

>Press E to pay respect for machine-spirit converted girlfriend: the game
she still lives in our mech ;_;

But... But user I can not find the E!
Where is the E?!

Bump. Seems like people agree on Chrome Strike and Heavy Gear the most?

also e

>Games like it on steam
Those are all purely arcade, with minimal customization at best.

The full action rpg experience is rare.

Also E

Yeah Seems like that's the route people are taking, I'm concerned about Chrome strikes Balance issues though

Very true, I'll concede that point.

Slightly unrelated question, how did they fuck up Evolved this bad?

store.steampowered.com/app/443000
There's a cool looking strategy/RPG coming out (eventually, maybe), at least.

>Slightly unrelated question, how did they fuck up Evolved this bad?
Rushed development. The same thing that fucks up every game with potential.

Seriously this has some mediocre customization, and why in the bull fuck do I have, not one, but two acts where I'm saddled with mission required parts?

Heavy Gear, Maybe Battletech, Try Heavy Gear first, Battle tech if you want crunchier stompier mech combat.

I'd say Heavy gear captures it best, though Silcore as a whole does mecha very very well.