Tyranids will eat and shit out the Imperium

Tyranids will eat and shit out the Imperium.

Get in line, fuckboy.

Agreed. Going by lore they are the biggest threat easily, even if GW insists Chaos is the big bad they really haven't got much done in comparison or anywhere near as fast as the approaching nids

Do tyranids shit?

It turns out the Tyranids record the makeup and configuration of everything they eat.

When they've consumed the galaxy the Chaos gods will starve and the Warp will return to its ancient state of calm.

Then the 'Nids will recreate every mortal they devoured as so that they may have a second chance. If they mess up and make chaos again, the Tyranids return to fix our mistakes once more.

Leave the nids to us.

Even the recent necron lore states that if the "lesser" races keep accidentally feeding the nids, they will become too numerous for even a united necron front to stop

Necrons need to awaken and unite and get shit done FAST or nids are gonna steamroll the galaxy.. until GW decides chaos explodes outta nowhere and AoS the setting

I can't even imagine the sort of horrifying shits eating the Imperium would give you. The digestive tracts of the hivemind have my sympathy.

These are the real questions we need to be asking.

Ones that can reproduce will yes. Certain Gaunt species have been known to reproduce via eggs. Lictors and Genestealers likey do too. However regular gaunts or rippers lack any real digestive tract and die after a few days of being spawned

So the Imperium survives?

I'd rather have them kill the imperium canonically then have chaos win.

I fucking hate chaos.
>hurrdurr w r d best
>justasplanned.jpg
>Horus losing wasn't the emperor being the anathema to chaos but it was just tzeentch fuckery and nothing you do really matters
>there's no point in fighting because the only reason chaos hasn't won isn't because of the day to day sacrifice of the people of the galaxy but because chaos is just "too lazy to do anything"

Fuck it makes me mad that they have to retcon the entire universe to give these fuckers every single fucking possible advantage

At least the absolutely blow in the tabletop

Can you guys post Tyranid paint schemes? Looking for some inspiration.

But that sounds gay, faggot

That's ok, Nids Orks and Necrons are fluff-unstoppable as well, and they're garbage on the table too.

>LONG AGO IN A DISTANT GALAXY

>implying mechanicum isnt to somehow acquire every single particle of the universe into the most glorious machine that is somehow going to decrease the entropy and finally put the universe into the perfect order for eternity

praise the omnisiah bich ass nigga

if tyranids shit you would be the result,and extreminatus bug shagger

What necron army have you been fighting? Necrons are somewhere between lower top tier and upper middle tier. Unlike a lot of codices almost every single unit in their codex is actually viable.

nids cant eat metal, and gauss flayers mean that nids cant recycle their own dead

necron also Return To Base when damaged for repairs meaning even a modest force will seem endless

>to defeat a titan we need a titan
>let them fight

I, Trygon, biomorph-changing master of deep strikes, unleashed UNSPEAKABLE melee units!

Every other enemy has physical and logistical limitations. Chaos lives in the warp mostly, Eldar has their world ships, Orks have biological spawning patterns, etc.

Tyranids are literally traveling barbarians ready to destroy your society. Add in the implication that the current Tyranids are scouting parties and you get an absurd enemy.

>even if GW insists Chaos is the big bad they really haven't got much done in comparison or anywhere near as fast as the approaching nids

Chaos has literally infinite armies and in a single moment did more damage to the Imperium than what Hive Fleets can do in years or decades (picture related). Expect more of this as Age of Ending progresses and humanity enter their unstable phase of their psychic evolution, tearing more at the fragile walls of reality.

So Chaos has more force and is more destructive than the nids. This makes them the greatest threat and this makes you a smelly Nidfag that should kys.

No.

Your headcannon is trash.

Nids can most definitely eat metal.

They just can't eat metal that's atoms like to teleport around all the time.

Gauss flayers mean that they can't recycle whatever has been 'flayed' or atomized or whatever necron guns do.

I'm fairly certain that a gauss flayer doesn't melt a whole course into nothingness, just a big enough chunk for whatever is hit to stop moving.

Whatever's left is still fairly recyclable I imagine.

All that in mind, one would imagine Nids just prefer to not go to all the effort of fucking with necrons. Not to say that they can't.

>I'm fairly certain that a gauss flayer doesn't melt a whole course into nothingness, just a big enough chunk for whatever is hit to stop moving.

Gauss Flayers atomize whatever they hit. If a Necron Overlord is familiar with the Tyranids, then he will order his legions to keep firing until all Tyranid corpses are rendered to scattered atoms.

Also you are forgetting the Cenoptek Scarab. These things break down anything they can get their mandibles on to energy and then use that energy to fuel the Necrons or shape it into new weapons and constructs for the Necrons. Necrons use these Scarabs to clean the battlefields and areas they are in. So the carpet of Tyranid corpses that will litter the battlefields will be broken down and then re purposed to fuel the Necron momentum.

In the end, there will be nothing for the Tyranids to eat to get back their losses in biomass.

Nids actively avoid and go around necron tomb worlds.

tell me son, if you were a nid hive fleet, would you try to pick a fight with those metal fucks?

Basically, Spess Robot Cthulhu beats Bug Huns.

Chaos and Orks are already winning

Who even is that guy? A servitor?

tyranids are a lame army idea.

they should have just stuck with genestealers.

Actually if the Tyranids "win" then Necrons win in the long run.
In the book Valedor it's said that if the Hive fleets in that book survive then they'll go on to cleanse the galaxy but then move on to another. Chaos would pop up in areas left untouched but fizzle away and then the Necrons will rebuild their empire and exist until the end of time.

>smaller Tyranids will then eat shit
>waste not want not

>the Necrons will rebuild their empire and exist until the end of time.

As soulless machine which they don't want to be. The reason why they want to get rid of the Tyranids is because they want flesh around so that they can transfer into it at some point.

Didn't Incholestrol win a major tourney as Nids, then switched to CSM and just won a major as them?

looks like titan crew

faggottalk

>locust bugs broken down into raw material by robot bugs
the irony

They're probably more concerned about factional infighting until the end of time, assuming they can somehow rebuild their empire but not uncover the secrets of cloning or genetic engineering given a literal eternity in a galaxy incapable of bothering them.

If they're incapable, that is. Given their level of technology it would be surprising if there were no Crypteks with the ability to just wish up some meat bodies out of hydrogen made into more complex chemicals via tech-fuckery.

referencing the first part of your post, some are more concerned about the whole infighting/politics amongst the various dynasties, but as a whole, the necrons want the nids gone.

Whole reason the Silent King came back and started waking up tomb worlds was so that he could get a fighting force going and so that the necrons could get shit done, because no one else is bothering to fight the nids.....except the tau, but the tau hunt nids for sport like the crazy blueberries they are.

He was an objective in a previous box, an Imperial Officer of some kind.

>because no one else is bothering to fight the nids.....except the tau, but the tau hunt nids for sport like the crazy blueberries they are.

Wat.

You on crazy pills?

But then who will worship the Necrons? Who will build glorious statues and kneel before such perfect metal beings? Necrons don't win until every living thing in the galaxy bows and accepts the Necrons as their infallible metal overlords.

Yes? That seems to support my theory.

No.

I wouldn't.

Like I (quite) literally pointed out, kid.

: ^ )

Of course, notice I mentioned 'whatever's left'?

Yea, that's cool and all but that's in the case of a necron victory, THEY get to do the cleaning up. (scarabs as opposed to rippers, I guess.)

Like, I get that Necrons are cool and can into atomic restructuring but all that shit isn't free energy, just as with the Nids.

I wish I could decide on a Tyranid paint scheme, guess I just have to look at pictures of insects until something clicks.

I have an altered Behemoth scheme, if I can be fucked to upload this Zoanthrope I'm working on, it will be up shorty.

Tyranids are weak and I don't respect them.

no u

I have a question, what were tyranids inspired by?

Needs more highlighting and base etc but this is the general sceme.

Red carapace, green exoskeleton. Purply/pink squishy bits.

Aliens. (the movie)

Also, Tyranids and Zerg are very closely related for a reason.

Not bad user, thanks. Also I always find it a bit dumb they have to give the psychic ones exposed brains just so we know they are psychic.

I cannot remember, did the 3rd edition model have its brain hanging out?

Well, as far as Zoanthropes go that would be because they have an energy field surrounding them for protection.

And it sort of did, but i'm pretty sure the brain did hang out the back still. There was just more frontal protection. I think they walked too, so the whole floating deal with current zoanthropes highlights that fact that it's encased in an energy field.

Genestealers were inspired by xenomorphs. They didn't start out as part of the Tyranids. Tyranids were originally a race of six-limbed aliens who made heavy use of organic technology and frequently conducted raids on other races for slaves to make more biotech. They weren't a hive mind of all-consuming hunger, and in fact had a slave species called "zoats" who were in charge of diplomatic relations with other species. Genestealers didn't have a hive mind either; they had a psychic link and an inborn loyalty to the species, but they were all individual sentient beings, and had no connection to the Tyranids.

WH40k has changed a lot since it's early days. That's why the modern Tyranids are noticeably more Zerg-like than they were originally.

No, that was the 2e Zoanthrope. The 3e one was the first of the floaters. It had a different shaped crest.

Oh that's right, I forget about that little inbetween period of the walkers and the current iteration.

That was the spiky floaty, rather than the walky spiky.

Here's a picture of some of my favorite little critters. I have a bad camera and bad lighting.

They don't avoid them, they just show no interest as they pass through and don't seek them out. The only thing the Nids have actively avoided is the Outsider's prison.

Don't lie. Tendrils of Behemoth made alteration to their flight path so to give the Tomb World of Trazyn a wide berth. Source is the Nid 5th ED codex

You are actively lying to us. Why?

Just Trazyn?
Trazyn the master troll?
Trazyn the collector of strange fucking things?

This isn't surprising. He would have something that tells nids to fuck off and not eat his collection.
Everywhere else though? Straight through like always.

Oohh. Rogue Trader Hunter-Slayers. Got a few of those myself. 8, I think.... actually, I have an RT nid army... I just doubt it will ever see paint.

I have 80 Metal Hormogaunts.

I cannot WAIT to muster up enough effort to paint all of these, maybe when I get my Airbrush set up again.

6 2nd ed Screamer-fexes too, other than that though everything else you would expect is current edition of models.

You wouldn't consider... selling some/all of these RT nids of yours?

Trygons > carnifices

I agree wholeheartedly.
I hate chaos snow flakes so much better and important than anyone else.
I'd like to know why chaos is the bad guys, when chaos means "chaos", not "evil"

They're supposed to be fighting amongst themselves as much as against anyone else, totally disorganised because the chaos gods like a good laugh rather than winning.

you don't recognize the guy from the previous starter box of 40K, the one with the crashed aquila terrain pieces, spess derp and a few tyranid gribblies?

>Necrons
>Garbage on the tabletop

U wot m8? They're not top tier mind you, but easily upper middle tier.

how is the imperium holding up right now

Well.. they are. IIRC the only one that actually can get any kind of shit done is Abaddon (and we all know how little that is thanks to GW). Next to the BL there are only a handful of semi organized forces left. Red Corsairs who like muh Huron and pirating, Word Bearers (but occupied 99.9% of time with praying) and GWs new special snowflake, the crimson slaughter. Everybody else is just in it for their own little plans. Guess thats what you get when the daemon primarchs just like to sit around with a thumb in their butt until they are bored enough to start some small skirmish against their old rivals.

He does well in tournaments, but I don't know if he actually won any. Judging from the last batreps I've seen he plays mechanicum now though.

That said I still like his Tyranid against Dark Eldar batrep. He got assfucked on turn 1 so hard they both agreed to restart the game.

Allow me to subject that claim to some rational analysis.

Now, the first thing we should remember is that 'Nid fluff is made is bullshit and plot armour. Numbers don't actually matter. Logistics don't actually matter. Even weapons, combat capabilities and technology don't actually matter. The numbers, logistics, laws of physics and all those other things are, in this case, purely cosmetic.

All that matters in the fluff - with Tyranids even moreso than with any other 40K army - is what the fluff writers on the matter decided to do. If they decide that the 'Nids win, then the 'Nids win, and then Trygons will chew through a cubic kilometre of adamantium in seconds, whole forgeworlds disappear without even so much as a call for reinforcements, and a single bioform will eat an entire Craftworld.

And should the writers decide that the 'Nids lose, then they lose. Even if it's all of Hive Fleet Behemoth facing off against nothing but Marneus Calgar with a broken toothpick and an improvised loincloth to protect his dignity, then the Tyranids will lose, and all of Hive Fleet Behemoth will be dead, irrecoverable, and forever lost to the Hivemind.

And, to get to the meat of the matter; Holy Terra is central to not just the Imperium, but to the entire setting, and therefore its plot armour is second only to that of Ultramar.

So if/when the 'Nids get a go at Terra, they'll just get railroaded into an 'epic' oh so predictable battle that will bring the Imperium 'to the edge of defeat' - and then the Imperials will win anyway, and all of Hive Fleet Leviathan will conveniently die horribly in the process.

Because GeeDubs can't make money off a setting that got eaten by space bugs.

or you know cause a massive collapse of the imperium while the tyranids collective mind is fried by the psychic feedback of the emperor dying

It's been 10,000 years since the Heresy and Chaos has failed to bring down the Imperium, they're not going to suddenly do it tomorrow.

Leviathan has been around in setting for LESS THAN A YEAR and the Imperium has had to destroy more of THEIR OWN planets just to slow it down than they've lost in any campaign since the Heresy 10k years ago, and that's not counting the number of planets Leviathan destroyed itself.

The modern incarnation of Tyranids with a Hive Mind and incorporating genestealers etc. still came years before the Zerg, bruv.

The Zerg are copying more and more from the Tyranids because the guy who invented and designed Tyranids now works for Blizzard's writing dept.

guess what all faggots in thread
lore never changes
forever in the final year of 41st millennium so nothing will ever happen
ever

It's Lieutenant Varras you uncultured swine. He's a Chapter Serf of the Ultramarines who was trying to evacuate geneseed off of Ultramar during the Battle for Macragge in case the planet was eaten.

because leviathan amassed a huge single assault from below the galactic plane which closed of a huge chunk of space
also what other shit was going on at the time of leviathans assault that the imperium couldn't marshal its forces to fight it
PS losing all those planets was because kryptman went so extreme with scorched earth he was excommunicated

That's the point, it baffles me people want GW to advance things. Especially since every time GW does a story event lately its retarded.

He also literally saved the entire setting. If Kryptman hadn't done what he did Terra would already be a husk.

>they only did that because they used effective tactics that the imperium couldnt deal with so it doesnt count
>if chaos were just competent like tyranids they'd be a threat too!! duh!

Dunno if this is still canon or not, but the tyranid tendrils avoided a sleeping cthan, I doubt they would attack sol as long there is biomass elsewhere.

They also attack forgeworlds, though - even though those places have very little biomass or genetic diversity.

You'd think they'd at least go for the jungle deathworlds like Cretacia or Catachan, but hey.

Even Tyranids know to stay the fuck away from Catachan

The hive mind has enough intelligence to know that its prey sharpens their claws at these worlds of only rock and metal.

If the hivemind were truly intelligent, it'd have realized that it could've gobbled up half the Imperium without anyone on Terra even noticing.

Seriously, all the Imperium's defences focus on highly polluted worlds (forgeworlds, but also your average hiveworld) that the 'nids logically shouldn't want anyway. The 'nids would be so much more successful if they'd just avoid these major confrontations.

They attacked Forgeworld because they are packed with the worker populations and the biological filth they produce.

I agree with everything here. HH especially is one big Chaos wank.

Why do you insist on being an asshole who doesn't read the fluff? Chaos hasn't been trying to bring down the Imperium. The Chaos Gods are more concerned with their Great Game. It's only now at 999 41K that they finally decided to end the galaxy. The Walls of reality is about to break flooding the galaxy with an endless tides of daemons. This is straight from the fluff.

Now tell me which is the greatest threat that the Imperium is focusing on in the End Times aboce all other threats? The 13th Black Crusade. Not Leviathan, not the Necrons, not the Orks, Chaos.

Are the Tyranids more a threat than Chaos? No. Are the Tyranids more destructive? No. But lets ignore that because bugboy love to act a fool.

>had to destroy more of THEIR OWN planets just to slow it down than they've lost in any campaign since the Heresy 10k years ago,

Source this. I want an exact statement from the fluff.

Actually no they won't, because the timeline will never advance. No one will destroy anyone else.

How would the nids know that solomance is Trazyn's home world. At that time they had never encountered trazyn so they wouldn't just avoid him. In the Nid's codex it makes special mention on how the only worlds they avoid are tomb worlds other than that its fair game.

Also Trayzan isn't that powerful for the necrons yeah he has some great gadgets but other cron lords like imotekh have much greater forces.

This. It's not just the Gauss or returning legions or lack of biomass or even sentient metal constructs that would really fuck up the Tyranids.

It's the Necrontyr's disturbingly easy access to the best WMDs in the setting and absolutely horrifying fleets. Tyranids can't do well without reaching the planets first, and against Necrons they'd have a massively tougher time getting to any planetary body than with the Imperium.

I actually have the figure, I just got him in someone else's bits box and didn't know what he was for.

Bombing the fuck out of a planet from orbit with hellfire destroys a lot of potential Biomass.

One can cripple Hive fleets this way, as hopefully the fleet would have invested quite a lot of biomass on just capturing the planet in the first place.

Eldar, Spess/xeno hunters and Orks looking for a fight say hi.
The only race who can come in contact with the Nids but don't really care are the Dark Eldar but even them would get angry when they find less and less slaves

everytime i see this thread i see
tyranids will eat the shit out of the imperium
and i am sick of it