Horus Heresy General /hhg/

The Time Of Wolves And Dust Is Upon Us Edition
Be Prepred Sub-Edition
Last time on Horus Heresy G Bjorn/Custodes'stats/Chaplains became a topic for discussion, many wallets prepare for the massacre to come, a poison huffer in training got advice, an user got advice for his birthday, we talked about BL quality, and remember when there were only suppose to be 15 novels? See it all in the last thread Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TIZSjK46dUg&feature=youtu.be&t=11
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!qgZhmAhK
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!d8hWGKBY
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for making macros of the legions and their cultural refrences

I have a feeling that would probably cause more problems than it's worth.

I wonder if he remembers the beating Jackson gave him.

I'd Imagine that if Perty was made Praetorian of Terra, Horus wouldn't even had gotten close to the Imperial palace, given that Perty had no issue arming 50 billion humans in an effort to empty the Traitors ammo...

What if the defending legions were IV, XII, XIV?

XII are the worst you can do for a siege; since they'll charge and die out the first fucking day

>Death Guard and IW fortify everything.
>Send WE out to tie up guys in combat.
>Carpet bomb everything while WE fighting.

Reposting

hence you put them on the suspected landing zone's and wire their Heartbeat into the trigger of the mine filled with Battleshipgrade ordinance that you have stashed underneath it....

Oh yeah Prospero finally, been waiting to see if that Ahriman leak was tru
>Custodes models

What are those dudes behind the Custodes?

>>Death Guard and IW fortify everything.
The 12th are a statistical anomaly, but you can bet your ass that any traitor would be fighting in an atmosphere similar to that of a stellar core.
The only issue I see is that it would ruin Terra as well.

hard to tell with the black gradient. Sisters of Silence? Wolves in MkIII armor?

It really depends on the 12th though. Although Knowing Perty, he'd have no issues using them as bait if the math indicated it was the most efficient way of using them.

Perturabo turns the entirety of Terra into a giant Iron Cage.

yep, and possibly the entire orbit as well, and will prolly arm it with Nova Cannons

pertuabo finally deciphers the labyrinths code and finds necron tech in crete, basically cadian pylons on steroids

At the very least, that would render the need to keep the Throne occupied moot.

A W E S O M E
The Terran Cage, defended by the Meatgrinder Trinity!
>XII are the worst you can do for a siege
Must I remind you the Scars aren't exactly castellan material, yet their actions were invaluable like when they captured the space port? And guess whose rules are good at butchering the enemy in their deployment zone?
The World Eaters running the Crimson Path, gaining both IWND and FNP.
Bullet tooth tony runs down the Crimson Path.
youtube.com/watch?v=TIZSjK46dUg&feature=youtu.be&t=11

>You can kill the Imperium, murder the Emperor, burn the galaxy down and it still won't dig us out.

Does anyone have a vengeful spirit link?

Sweet.

mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!qgZhmAhK
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!d8hWGKBY
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI
It's in one of these three, I'm no longer sure which one.

If the IW are fighting SoH, DG and WE, how come Eidolon was there?

Imagine those three suddenly going on the offensive on the Vengeful Spirit.
The Death Guard teleporting a gorillion terminators into what is basically a Zones Mortalis, or bringing rad to a fistfight.
The Iron Warriors selling their lives and blowing up the capital ship's subsystems
And the World Eaters simply refusing to die without butchering the enemy first .

Why would Horus do such a foolish thing like lowering the shields and inviting the IVth, XIIth and XIVth to his ship in order to turn it into a meatgrinder?

It was because he heard the worse news he could have heard: "The Autek-Kyr fleet is approaching fast"

>Prospero game
>TS vs. SW
>Custodians take center stage

That was the best it could happen. The sooner Inferno is released, the sooner the other books will come.

We were gathering data by wargaming different scenarios.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Good, they'll make good target practice for my Minotaur battery.

Best would have been 30 generic MkIIIs, 2 generic characters, 5 generic Tartaros in a box.

Ok that's way way better.

No sister in this release, they'll be produced by FW.

Indeed, and 30 optional breacher shields and special weapons in place of dreadnought.

Anti-grav rhinos and jet bikes please GW!

Hopefully the Custodes don't take too much space. If we get 20 MkIIIs (10 per side), 5 Tartaros for TS, 2 characters (Ahriman and generic bolter marine nobody SW) and Custodes on the loyalist side, you still get 25 generic models vs. 7 non-generic.

A far cry from 38 generic minis, but not terrible. Have to see what the price will be to decide whether or not to buy the stuff I need individually or just get the box itself.

custodes are fucking gay

Second. Thanks

IW, WE, and DG are defending Terra. EC, NL, WB, and TS are the attacking legions.

I'd call them..."Auric Kink".

It certainly is their greatest weakness, the kink in their armour, if you will.

300 Custodes are best Custodes.

I know where that WD Slaughterpriest model is going...

The sight of these fabulous Custodians sortieing would reinvigorate the spirits of the beleaguered defenders. It is said that the sight even causes the primarch Perturabo to smile, the first of only two recorded instances in history.

I can't believe bare chested Custodians were actually a thing.

>You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my planet's orbit. You insult my Emperor. You threaten mankind with slavery and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Son of Horus. Perhaps you should have done the same!
>This is folly! This is madness!
>Madness...?
>...
>This is Terra!

They're bare chested when not fighting Magnus' wet dream

In an ideal world, sure.

>"Awaken, our Master of Mankind!"

As I remember, it's penance after the Heresy for failing to protect the Emperor or something. Not much use for armour while patrolling the halls of the Imperial Palace. It's possible the adorn the suits when needed, like during the Age of Apostasy and other such events.

Inb4 limited edition sisters of silence

Because eberyone was halfnaked 30 years ago in fantasy and sci-fi.

Ooh. I do remember they changed golden for black as mourning the Emperor's death, but I didn't remember that part.
>They're bare chested when not fighting Magnus' wet dream
Weelll...
>“Lord Valdor abides,” said the warrior that Magnus had identified as Amon.
>“I expect he does,” said Magnus, reaching out to touch the beginning of the spiralling script on Amon’s shoulder. “You have an old name, Amon, a proud name. It is a name borne by my equerry, a student of poetry and the hidden nature of things. If the name maketh the man, does that mean you are a similar student of the unknown?”
>“Defending the Emperor requires a talent for discerning hidden truths,” replied Amon carefully. “I pride myself on having a certain skill in that regard.”
>“Yes, I see you do. You are an exceptional man, Amon, and I believe you will go far within your order. I see great things ahead for you,” said Magnus, before adding, “and for you also, Haedo.”
>Amon inclined his head at the primarch’s comment, and the two Guardian Spears were lifted aside, allowing Magnus and the Sekhmet to pass.”

Duck this guy, he made me gay for Fulgrim

wew

Magnus is so gay.

I'm pretty sure at least Visions says that in mourning they abandoned their armour and changed their red to black.

How effective could an all bolter army be, the only special weapons you could take would be as combi weapons or volkite, solarite power gauntlets could deal with tanks,

Is visions supposed to have a scrap book look to it with random cards inserted on relevant pages

>And this one is of Angron back in the seeding pod, look, he was so cute back then!
>DAD, STOP SHOWING EVERYONE MY BABY PICTURES, THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING.

>Is visions supposed to have a scrap book look to it with random cards inserted on relevant pages

Yes? I mean, it's mostly an art book with collections of HH art and pieces of old concept strung together with some narration. There's plenty of pieces from the old HH card game.

They updated the book some time ago with more modern art and fluff. Lucky me I was able to get the old book.

uhm...
>How effective could an all bolter army be, the only special weapons you could take would be as combi weapons or volkite, solarite power gauntlets could deal with tanks
BS5 Sniper Vetarans could deal well with infantry, and Machinekiller Vets with combi-meltas would essencially have S9 AP1 hand-lascannons, along with their melta bombs.
And IF Cataphractii Terminators could teleport and deal with artillery.

>he was so cute back then
The glory that could have been, why he would have been the best Primarch, named co-emperor, creating a society truly fair and equal, but that paragon of a man will never be because of the damned Eldar

Is that bat covered in barbed wire.

I'm getting really sick of this damn 'uncle' shit

clearly this is in the palace and dorn is already fortifying this position

>mfw the Emperor didn't take my advice to make the primarchs female

Whoops, wrong image

The best offence is a good defence.

8th company command squad, XVIth Legion.
Still work to do, including getting the transfers.

THIN YOUR PAINTS

No.

THICCEN YOUR PAINTS :^)

>mfw the emperor did make them male
Now I'll show you a secret only mortarion knows about

>painfully thick.jpg

Baseball is one of the worst sports that the Emperor would bother to remember.

I did a test model for my DG using the Kizzdougs method.

Looks pretty good.

>"I'm gonna start stabbing you now and I don't know when I'll stop."

THIN YOIUR PAINTS should be on the label of every paint bottle.

>I see you've played Knifey Spooney before!

Looks ok, not a fan of that green though, maybe try a more desaturated shade.

Never knew how similar Raven Raven and Bloodinus looked like

sanguinius looks like Corvus in drag

Now that Alpharius' dead someone needs to take up the family tradition of cross dressing

Cheers. Was wondering if the green is too vibrant, maybe gnarlock green instead of snot green. I'm aiming for a decent tabletop quality.

>WB and TS summon a warp storm around planet
>Wait
>2 months into siege one of Jupiters moons emerges from the War and crashes into Earth.
>Debris decimates siege fleets
>Remaining fleets cut down by WE Fleets, when were forced to slowboat from Jupiter and IW/DG fleets when waited then jumped in.
>IW Tactical victory as Terra did not fall to traitors and can not longer be taken by traitors.

Angel by day, emo raven by night, sameface 24/7.

>sanguinius looks like Corvus in drag

Dear fucking god that looks like shit.

Why buy expensive minatures only to ruin them with a shitty, not even slightly mediocre paintjob?
You fucked up and should train your "skills" on less expensive models.

Sorry to be so direct and harsh but this triggers me.

Delet this

If I'd ever see this kind of THICCness IRL I'd ruin my pants in a second. HHHHNNNGH.

How does one pick a legion?

Well, first you gotta know what you want, then you look at the legions, identify what they are and what they do, and then you make a choice.
This is how you pick anything in life, really.

there are several ways
You can pick one based on the tactics they use
Based on the Lore you like the most
Based the play style you prefer
Based on the instrument you play(ed)
Based on the d18 you roll
Based on the contents of the post that gets Dubs first

Many ways to pick a Legion

>Based on the contents of the post that gets Dubs first
Damn.

Eh, maybe I should take the question to a psychologist. Or a priest.

>Based on the contents of the post that gets Dubs first
No, please.

the best way to do it is to pick imperial fists and go for a dark and earthy yellow that accentuates the metallic ceramite plating. pick up a couple of those plastic imperial knight boxes while you're at it.

Welcome to the First, initiate. The swords are over there, now help brother Ismael with this bitch of a redwood.

How about stating what do you want from your soldier minis? What do you want them to do? How do you want them to be?