/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

WELCOME TO MY EXCLUSIVE PARTY EDITION

>Question of the day
How many cards can we make the Corp draw during a single turn with Fisk?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Other urls found in this thread:

peachhack.com/2016/09/17/peachhack-preview-escalation-corp-side-spoiler/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With Equivocation, I think we might be getting some support to Amp up Fisk a little bit.

I'm counting a maximum of 9 drawn cards from a single turn.
3 from Fisk Investment Seminar.
3 more from 3 Equivocation.
2 more from Eden Shard.
1 more from Fisk ability itself.

That's peak point. But can be regularly be forced to draw at least 4 cards every turn with Equivocation and Fisk, while dropping the act to steal any agenda he glances with Equivocation.

Mind full of fuck right now, so question, when you play your first Exclusive party, do you get one credit and and draw a card, or do you just draw a card?

>How many cards can we make the Corp draw during a single turn with Fisk?

Fisk ability + 3 cards from seminar + 2 cards from Eden Shard + possibly Woman in the Red Dress

I think that's it.

On a similar if not directly related note: I really wish System Outage was a Criminal current. In conjunction with CBI raid and Gordian Drip, you have an interesting new archetype that tries to keep slow dow the corp and hurt it when it wants to get up to speed.

Still missing pieces for now, and two influence a pop for that current is way too much (also only *mandatory* start of turn draw should have been exempt from the tax really... would have balanced it nicely).

Oh, god, yeah Equivocation could to become such a cool card for Fisk.

Has the new spoilers appeared yet?

>Mind full of fuck right now, so question, when you play your first Exclusive party, do you get one credit and and draw a card, or do you just draw a card?

Just the card. The Exclusive Party gets trashed after you fully resolve it.

And speaking of which, holy crap that Ark Lockdown.

You tease.

Remembered right. Good. Would have bothered me to cheat that other player of his credits.

So, last pack of the cycle is going to be called Quorum, uh?

That's ominous.

Spoonfeed please.

Sry.

Ark Lockdown Haas-Bioroid Operation:
1credit ••

Name a card. Remove all copies of that card in the heap from the game.

"If you live off-site, please consult the building AI for temporary housing. We regret that your off-site family cannot join you here while we are in lockdown..."

I'm in love. Making all those heap plays suddenly a potential liability/risk really appeals to me.

Thanks.

Giving it a bit more though, is this going to be one of those "impacts the game yet rarely sees actual play", or an actually played card?

I'm thinking I would love to import that in one of my old Underway Renovation builds. The new Jinteki and Weyland IDs might actually totally dg that.

Hard counter to current plays with Paperclip (e.g. overdraw, discard paperclip, install just if needed)

Also a lot of the Same Old Thing/Clone Chip shenanigans - Parasite recursion!

I quite like that Paperlip has another downside/risk attached when compared with Corroder.

Its pretty much an auto-include for biotic/Jeeves FA HB decks, especially if they can bait out the clot first to purge+ArcLock. Still good even if one has to do it twice.

The question is whether NBN FA can find the inf for that as well.

Given's Weyland supposed link to construction, I'm kinda amazed we didn't get some ID with recurring econ for rezzing Assets.

Would have probably been too much or not enough (one cred not enough, two far too much)....

Who knows what fun things will appear there?

Good way to introduce New Angeles though.

Ignoring click shenanigans, there's also Data Breach and Doppelganger.

I'd love to have it as a 1-of in my BoN deck, but influence is damn tight. It'll see play in decks that have free influence + HB I'm guessing, especially since you don't need tags, isn't a Double, not Terminal, etc., just a straight remove from play. Could be good for getting Jeeves for free too.

I like it, I like it a lot. Could really hurt if they plan a SOT Levy

Theme's also pretty cool, which is important to me, HB sealing themselves away from the chaos outside

Nobody mentions it but is yet another card that hurts Exile. The guy never gets a break.

What's the Ark that they're referring to by the way? A general term for arcologies?

Also I just noticed, but the guy in the foreground looks a little bit like the mech suit(?) from Project Ares.

Here's to hoping he gets something nice in faction this cycle, though I haven't a clue how without strengthening recursion for other runners.

Problem with Exile is that his ability works best during the mid and late game, with programs in the heap, but when he needs the ability is as early as possible.

I remember drawing aggressively with Quality time and Diesel and then using Freelance Coding Contract to trash and get credits. It was still too slow. And it was hard fitting 20 programs AND all the recursion cards (test run, clone chip, scavenge).

Possibly? It might be a specific one, or it might be colloquial - we know Haas does have Arcologies, they already have Haas Arcology AI.

On the map of New Angeles in Worlds of Android Manta is where the Haas Arcology (as in, the one with the AI) is in NA, so I guess it's by the coast looking at the unique region (Jinteki also have a unique region, spotted in a card fan, translates as 'Japan Town'), which might make 'ark' parallels easy

Wouldn't be surprised if that ends up as a full bleed in a future champ deck. Hope they do a better job for it though.

Looks alright to me, if a little fuzzy - definitely get the sense of the Arcology being sealed off and partying inside while New Angeles decends into riots.

And yet again it's proven that the heap isn't just your memories

Thought the heap is essentially more a physical location where trashed things end up rather then memory per se. Chronos Protocol could be making the runner forget where said places are.

There's also the fact that all of the 'install program from the heap' cards are only one shot, and that for a rarely triggered ability, drawing a single card just isn't that great.

A more abstract representation might be more fitting; if clicks represent time and the grip represents options, the heap could represent misses opportunities or options that were discarded in favour of better ones (missing a chance to ask for help from Mr. Li in favour of more Professional Contacts, or missing an interview for a Day Job). A lockdown basically erases any chance of salvaging that opportunity because you've been blocked from any sort of access to it any more. Still fits with the 'Chronos Protocol makes people forget about it' thing too.

Any guess what fun insane stuff the runner spoiler will be?

I'm going to bet on Criminal Hardware.

Another problem with Exile is how few cards trigger his ability.

Clone Chip, Scavenge, Test Run for in faction (last one will cycle out).

Retrieval Run, Pawn, Paperclip and Black Orchestra out of faction (with first two to cycle out).

Compare with Andy or Geist. It's also hard to build for him because there's so few options. And obviously they can't just go too lax on recursion power, so they're in bind.

Yeah, I don't think the drawing cards to draw cards approach is going to offer great results, at least not by itself. Dumpster Gamble had the right approach with trying to maximize profit from trashing things. Problem is this will suffer comparison with Geist for the time being0 If only superficially.

Going with the name, I like to think of the heap as the place where what you've thrown away ends up; the broken gear storaged, the connections discarded or lost, the program idea that never materialized for one reason or another, the con tactic you used once to great effect and could be repurposed to a new target... it's not far, not our of reach, still part of your life. Not in any way usable without effort though.

So are there any good Jesminder lists? Her ability and Hardware interest me.

*Still* haven't played her myself (what can I say? I'm really not into that ID). What I've played against always seem to fall back to the Account Siphon/Vamp abuse plan, with variation on the flavor of shaper that goes along (stealth, silver bullet recursion, big breakers, etc...).

I thought it was a C joke. The stack is "managed," for you by the game, so you can access the stuff there relatively easily and quickly. Also, it's a physical stack of cards.

The heap is slower and takes more work, because now you have to use a recursion card (like how you'd have to use a pointer variable).

I'm sure this analogy falls apart somewhere, there's no way it could be that simple, but I don't know enough about programming to know where.

I like her console a lot, but I've only used it along with Dorm Computer in Criminal to harass R&D and send economy cards and combo pieces to the bottom of the deck.
I tried building a deck for her, but nothing interesting came up. I was using Code Siphon to look for Panchatantras.

Yeah, if I ever end up building something for her, it's definitely going to be because of her console. Such a cute piece of gear.

How do you see this ID?

Looking to get in to netrunner is it necessary to get 3 core sets to be competitive in tournaments

Using my eyes, mostly.

I really like how it allows you to out-Weyland's ability to rez a remote out of nowhere, so to speak. Any early attempt to R&D lock give you free rein into securing other servers for cheap... which is gracefully balanced by the Bioroid requirement.

Potentially very powerful middle/late game. Needs a way to funnel and hurt early runs.

Not as good at ETF. Whenever I have to compare HB IDs to ETF, I remind myself that ETF's ability is essentially "gain 1 credit every turn". This is unlikely to save you more credits than that unless you're playing a full suite of Bioroids, and even then you have three fewer influence to spend. That being said, I'm digging this whole set of corp. ID's that are trying to breathe new life into overshadowed deck types.

We'll keep saying this until the end of the game I guess, but EtF is fucked up and should be put away on the side when comparing (HB) IDs.

But, yeah, agreed about the under-represented archetypes. I'm liking how this cycle is basically trying to be a core 2.0-light on some respects, on top of preparing rotation. I'm betting next one is going to be a continuation of that.

Been playing a Professor Deva deck recently, and while it's fun and fairly interesting how it changes the way you approach the game, I really wish there was some way to make it valuable instead of just interesting.

I just got this screenshot from the Southern Megacity Circuit Championship Invitational stream. twitch tv/dodgepong

This is nuts. Thank god it's unique.

Smoke continues to be best girl.

So ANG I got the first box a while ago but never had any people to legitimately play with and now, all of a sudden, I do! Is it to late? How screwed would I be to start now?

Just play with a single core set until you get the hang of it. It's what I did, never got last place in our local (admittedly

I don't know how I feel about this one... powerful, obviously, but was stealth in need of more free money for doing what it was going to do anyway?

I guess I find it too narrow and powerful at the same time, which I tend not to like in a support card. And I don't find the 3 cost balances it back much.

I may be alarmist, wait and see in testing how it performs. Once per *run* does seem potentially huge though.

To clarify, I've never used proxies or bought any data packs (no cash). All of my cards are either core set, won in tournaments or from the first draft set.

This . Unless you're going all out competitive, the game is pretty good and playable with a single core, just expand as wanted.

>Once per *run* does seem potentially huge though.
Basically a Desperado, exchanging the successful run condition for a usable stealth credit condition.

>Basically a Desperado

IF you spend the stealth. That's a significant difference. Desperado in huge in no small part for its ability to help turn runs into net positives as long as there is no protection or at least no cost incurred.

Imagine against an asset spam deck with little to no ICE, this is of little use while Desperado would still be as powerful.

But yeah, this looks like it could be a monster of a card.

It can also turn Ghost Runner credits into real ones + they are still stealthy, or into cards. Just, very slowly.

Yeah as a Nasir Stealth fan, I'm hopeful.

Depends on which factions you want to play as, but most of the time you can get by with 2. Sometimes even with 1.

Well, if it can trigger from itself, it essentially becomes a desperado anyway with the cred being recycled.

You could probably run and pump an icebreaker using an unused stealth credit to move it to Net Mercur even if you don't encounter any ice, so there's that.

I think the card's balancing point is actually 'whenever you spend atleast 1 credit', which means if you can get the runner to spend more than 1 from Net Mercur, preferably outside of a run, then it's going to empty out pretty quickly. It's going to be terrifying if it has 10+ credits on it though.

Oh, yeah definitely, scratch what I was saying, had forgotten that ruling which allowed you to pump money into your breakers even if you couldn't technically use them... they might have to go back on that one I guess.

I was going with anarchist and maybe shaper for runner and i dont know what corporation yet

Well, if you are going HB, you can easily make do with a single core if you are getting the champion deck. Jin and Wey could survive on one as well arguably.

The only corp that 'might' need that third core (if proxying or borrowing is not possible) is NBN for the SanSan, but even that is not as important compared to before.

So Shapers are going for the "keep out of the radar, broadcast it to the world" angle, what are the Criminal and Anarch factions going for? Criminals looks like they're trying to profit from a bad situation (Cortez and his schemes, bounty hunting with Temujin, Barricade Runners selling water/resources), but the Anarchs don't seem to have anything immediately obvious. Ruining the value of credits maybe?

Making the chaos happen in the first place (NULL, Keung, System Outage) enjoy and expending on the ongoing chaos (Rumor Mill, Credit Crash).

Shaper and chaos cultists can easily go with a single core as well. The runner champ deck is not quite as useful, but there are lots of alt arts that can fill in some gaps.

>Just As Planned!

Null and Keung's motivations seem weird, since the insert implies Null tried to prevent it by telling Keung, who then posted about it on the net (possibly including how, which would be how the informant in Mainframe knew about the 23 seconds) either because (a) it was intentional and he wanted it to happen, or (b) he's senile and didn't think someone would make it happen. Hopefully the insert for Escalation will enlighten things, but I'm betting it'll focus on the Water Tower Massacre instead.

That's damn good, Stealth Smoke getting a fair bit of support right from the start.

Really hope Khan gets similar support in the cycle and that just haven't seen it yet

Speaking of which, you could use Net Mercur to get further discounts when installing any programs with Khan's ability.

I suppose, but it's 3 inf.
Stacks with Kate's though, as long as you install during a run

Null's analysis backed up Keuring's theories - the exact how will probably remain a mystery

Suddenly I'm in the mood to start playing again.

Not to mention its something that can't exactly be tutored out easily in crim either, compared to say Beth K-C via hostage.

You wanted to go through your entire deck and then SoT that Levy?
Too bad.

Yeah, it looks good. Fits Haas pretty well mechanically and thematically too, can't complain too much, even if every spoiler so far has had me crying out for something good for Weyland

Don't forget Crims, they really need the love.

Not to mention, the Khan puzzle is driving me mad.

>The Flashpoint Cycle of Data Packs for Android: Netrunner has been full of desperate and violent Corps. Now, at the cycle’s conclusion, the U.S. government threatens to strip New Angeles of its privileges as a special commerce zone, and Quorum gives us sixty new cards (three copies each of twenty different cards) that focus on getting back to business as usual.

>That means you’ll find Runners being Runners while the Corps invest in their futures, deploy advanced new economic operations, bribe powerful and highly connected politicians, and layer their servers with the world’s newest and most bleeding-edge ice.

Looks like it sets up for New Angeles and the federalist question while still maintaining the status quo, like the assassination did for Mumbad

I just really like how I don't have to use clicks anymore to install icebreakers with Khan. I don't even plan a deck around it. 4 icebreakers and go. Savoir Faire got me dissapointed on how expensive it was to install the whole suite. Khan saves me 4 credits and 4 clicks. Not much but enough for me.

4 breakers?

And the puzzle part for me really comes from the "pass" thing. The need to get through ICE to get a breaker... you can probably make use it, but capitalizing on it? I have a hard time.

Granted we have a few bits of the puzzle already with Golden and GPI Net Tap...

Zul, Mongoose/Golden, Paperclip, Gingerbread is my go to.

Khan benefits from taxing rezzes too, making the Corp think twice if rezzing or not: Cortez and his chips, Bribery, etc. It's hard to fit anything in 40 cards though.

Also DDoS, but I'll never find the influence for a couple of those.

Tangential, but I'm so glad to see Gingerbread having it's time in the spotlight.

>making the Corp think twice if rezzing or not

That's the thing though, I find early game it help force the corp to rez to prevent you geting your free click and credit... which is a double-edged sword.

Gingerbread and Panchatantra saves my ass all the time. Plus at least half the ICE I see every day is tracer.

Khan Temujin + Mercury + Golden (+Silencer to help I guess)...

Is it me or is he runner getting way too rich at the moment?

I'm kinda disliking how Mercury cripples the possibility of hurting a runner sitting on lot of liquidity before it ever had a chance to come into fruition.

Maybe it was just a silly hope.

>Mercury
?

He means Net Mercur.

Yeah, sorry, Net Mercur.

I should probably take new corp cards into account more, certainly Net Mercur is powerful, but in a meta where Scarcity of Resources and Financial Collapse exist, it's probably a bit riskier than it looks at first sight.

Just Foxfire it.

Shame! Don't you know Foxfire is a *bad* card?

Worst part is, the Runner can just use Mercur credits to beat Foxfire trace.
"You can use this credits for anything" bullshit.

Made me re-check, for some reason I though the money had to be spent during a run too, but no, not even. Only if you cant to trigger the refill.

Not to forget, another thing I probably seriously evaluated poorly at first glance, the draw power boost flexibility. Going to be *huge* for classic Stealth decks. Slower set up was their price to pay, they won't even have that now....

Kinda a shame Net Mercur is rather expensive inf wise for crim stealth decks, especially when they have to import cloaks in the first place.

I'm thinking the worst issue is you can't tutor it.

Even if not playing Stealth breakers as I was saying upthread, Silencer/Ghost Runner (can you imagine, you can turn it into three credits and any combination of 3 credits/draws for the cost of one credit with Mercur on the table) could be enough to make it more than worthwhile... provided you can get it early enough.

Is it me or is Escalation late?

Looks like a new FAQ is out.

Thanks.

Any earth-shattering change yet?

It is, new packs are usually out during the middle of the month. Wonder if they're involved with the Hanjin ships thing.

Can't say. Obvious stuff are the World's Queen's Gambit got errata'd, Raman Rai works as intended now I think, bunch of clarifications for multi access, ordinal events, hosting, etc. New stuff about Open, Derived, and Hidden information.

The BoN effect gets moved to 'the first time an encounter ... ends' instead of being on encounter, which means bypasses still fire the ability. This makes me wonder if hitting an ETR on an ice with a token on it still pings you with a damage or not though, but I 'm guessing no for the same reason 'on access' effects on agendas don't fire with Film Critic. On the plus(?) side, if they run again that damage is still available.

Corp side gets the 'when a card is trashed, the game state is assumed to have a copy of the card in Archives' thing, basically the same thing that lets you Scavenge an installed D4V1D to refresh power tokens. Example used was Allele Repression, where you can use it to swap Allele back into your hand instead of leaving it in Archives. Wonder how relevant this will be in the future.

Clarification that you can't gain clicks during the Discard Phase, so no longer floating clicks into your next turn with that one card. Updates to the timing structure too.

How do me and my friend learn how to play this game. It always feels like the Corp is always behind scrambling to keep the runner off them so obvious that we aren't playing right I think.

Practice practice practice. Go on netrunnerdb and try out the high-rated decklists. Talk with your buddy about what you're doing. Experiment with weird ideas and cool combos that you find.

Odds are that you are actually doing it right. Out of the box with two new players, the game is definitely in favor of the runner. The corp relies pretty heavily on being able to A) bait the runner into making the wrong call, and B) noticing an opportunity and acting on it. When you're brand new to the game, those are often hard to do.