How do you make a bro-tier queen?

How do you make a bro-tier queen?
I want one to be next quest giver for my players

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's clever but supportive of the party, give her a sharp wit and sharper tongue.

Make her cool, sassy, and funny.

She should visibly wear armour and carry a weapon that is both ceremonial but also functional.

If you're at all familiar with technicolor goat moe cartoons ie ponies then just praise the sun.

Play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Dawn of Radiance.

For the love of god, don't make her a strong independent womyn stereotype.
...or do, in fact. It strongly depends on what kind of players do you have in the party.

I think it has to do with giving her traits that are neither cloyingly good nor cartoonishly evil. I've tried to make one, and the players seem pretty cool with her

>dwarf woman marries human warlord
>he ends up creating a kingdom for himself with her as queen
>she outlives him by decades due to the difference in lifespans and keeps ruling as queen dowager
>abolishes fish-person slavery
>eventually grudgingly adopts a human heir to keep the humans and dwarves under her rule from killing each other
>still, people who try to court her tend to disappear
>has a secret police force of boar-riders in black to do her dirty work
>still, does some good with them, like eliminating fish-person slavery
>is very strict with the son she never wanted, but at the same time is kind of protective of him and treats his suitors almost as brutally as her own

Sounds like a cunt to be honest

She's a cunt, but she's only a cunt to people you share a mutual dislike of.

This post was clearly written by a fish person.

>Duchess of a small duchy in the north
>Never looking for a fight but doesn't run
>Lost an eye to an arrow during her youth
>Married a steppe hunter
>Spends more time hunting than governing
>Very hands off using her position mostly to delegate duties to the ministers leaving her sister to keep discipline and order during her long absences
>Has been known to hold council at her camps in the wilderness

The players will only like her if she's a complete pushover who forgives any offense on the PCs' part and gives them everything they want. PCs see NPCs as treasure and XP dispensers and treat them accordingly

This, Fire Emblem has some excellent female characters. Even the newer games have some good characters in them, despite the more weeby art direction the series has taken over time.

I'm really sorry, bro. Murderhobos happen to every DM.

Why not look at the OPs pic and work out why Liz II is so likeable?

>>more weeby art direction
>a fucking Japanese game
Are you actually a retard?

>more weeby art direction
user, FE was always weeb. The difference is that it used to be 90s anime, and now it's 2010s anime.

Intelligent, optimistic, and a wicked sense of humor.

But seriously have the gist of it.

All that's changed is the dominant style. If Japan goes edgy again, FE will too.

To be honest, anime isn't as horrifically moefied now as it was 10 years ago. We're on the cusp of a new edgy phase and stuff like AoT or Tokyo Ghoul was testing the boundaries.

Her big fat tits?

Being crowned young, reigning over a period of relative peace and prosperity, being unflappable and hiding behind more outspoken government officials so that she doesn't get the blame for the bad things she does do.

Having a cute animal collection doesn't hurt either

No, they'll still be indifferent towards her and probably kill her.

She has a lot of personal charm too, she's unfailingly polite, has a quiet sense of humour and stays on the right side of public opinion.

Only slimy republican cunts dislike her, and I dislike them on principal for hating a 90 year old woman who has always given her best for the country.

Not that big, but she was pretty. Ali G had the right idea.

>Wenry's personality from FMA mixed with a bit of Lalatina from Konosuba (youtube the characters if you don't know them)

>She doesn't carry weapons beyond something silly

Weapon options:
>Fan for fanning herself
>Parasol
>Frying pan

>As Queen she has never been trained in the arts of warfare and relies on NPC's or PC's to always be at her aide

>Make sure to keep that hot, elegant Zelda Twilight Princess look with long flowing dress included

She's a reliant Queen mixed with a funny personality and hot body, who is near harmless unless she gets angry and whips out a frying pan

>Optional: Her weapon could look like a joke but be extremely powerful but I would only use it in the rarest of life saving situations

>Lalatina

Do you mean Darkness? That could be funny.

Two words, man: Psychic. Corgis.

Thank me later.

Yeah, I thought they revealed her name is Lalatina in the last episode though? Looks like they'll stick with Darkness though judging by the wiki

Make her a bro, literally.

"Quiet" is the key word there. It's a defense mechanism that has served her well. As the first televised monarch, she has to keep people from realizing that she's just a person like any other.

Make sure she stays ahead of the competition.

Do you want just a queen, or a king and a queen? Having a pair of characters, even if the king doesn't do all that much with the party, can be a good way to give her a sense of balance. Pair up a warlike, business-first king with a peaceful, somewhat playful queen. Show that they still love each other, and bam - you have a queen the players can appreciate as being part of a happy couple and offsetting the flaws of her husband, and none of them are going to risk making any royal bastards.

Make her the party drinking buddy.

>A drunk slut who's in charge of the country because she fell out of the right vagina
Yeah...nah... you're not really selling me on this whole "monarchy" business.

>being a monarchist in current year

Make her composed and dependable, unfailingly so. Don't "show her off" too much, or she'll come across as a marysue that's trying to get approval from your players -- she should be regal and competent, fixated on her goals and good rulership instead of on herself. Trying to make a charismatic, outgoing NPC can often backfire; it's probably wiser to make her quiet, but amicable and courteous.

Why is she killing people who try to court her?

Queen regnant or queen consort? For queen consort, there's this idea I've been toying around with for a while and would like to center a campaign around.

>The land is ruled by a fair, just and competent -if somewhat naive- king, assisted by his gentle and demure wife
>The masses love them both, and the nobles can mostly stand them. Mostly
>There are conspiracies against the crown from both the inside and the outside. While the king can generally organize his vassals to face the enemies of the realm in the field of battle, subterfuge isn't his forté
>In fact, he would've died many deaths if not for his wife, who behind her mask of kindness and politeness is actually a ruthless, conniving cunt
>The PCs are her personal "fuck shit up" squad
>She sends them to eliminate threats to the crown by whatever means they deem neccessary (or fun, if they roll that way)
>There's only one condition: hubby dearest may never find out that his perfect wife is actually a merciless, calculating miscreant
>She fears that her kindhearted husband wouldn't be able to swallow this, which worries her because she genuinely loves him

Gives her the potential to be pretty bro-tier without upstaging the PCs (she's the queen, why would she get her hands dirty if it can be avoided?).

Bonus points if the PCs eventually discover that they're only one of many "fuck shit up" squads, and all of these squads are keeping tabs on eachother so none of them can turn against her without all other squads pouncing them.
I guess the PCs could also turn against her in a plot that may or may not involve blackmail

bump

I did this once, by making her a Rule 63 Theodore Roosevelt.

Important question:

Why wouldn't she just cuck her husband?

>Why wouldn't she just cuck her husband?
>>She fears that her kindhearted husband wouldn't be able to swallow this, which worries her because she genuinely loves him

How about you fuck off with your stupid fetish?

>Fire Emblem has some excellent female characters.

I don't know, man. You make the king sound like a clueless buffoon getting played by his hypercompetent wife that has all this shit going on behind his back.
And then you introduce the blackmail element.

Make her a PC.

Make her an adorably awkward cat lady in private that still does her damndest for her people in public. She doesn't need to be a "badass" with heavy armor and one eye and bulging muscles to be likable.

So basically...?
Sounds great, I'd be hella down

You're inserting your weird-ass magical realm. Fuck off with that shit.

If this is some faggy Undermeme shit I hope you die of dysentery. We need a containment board for you faggots and your shit hipster game too.

a DMPC

Because she loves him you dumb nigger.

Out of all the boards, I'm surprised and saddened to see this much racism and transphobia on Veeky Forums of all places.

You only cuck those you truly love user

Well, I just got trolled, I'm definitely feeling upset and indignant and angry.

Just roll with it.

t. a bull

why are they all black and gay?

Because it's 2016.

>"Trust me, my friends from my gender studies major are REALLY creative! You'll love DMing them!"
>"We can make our own characters, right?"

Have her slam a beer and slap the guard's asses every once in awhile.

And make her old as balls.

Or we could just tell you and your creepy jew-propagated fetish to GTFO back to whatever reddit's Bernie Sanders board is called because that's the most cucked thing I can imagine offhand.

>You make the king sound like a clueless buffoon
That wasn't me you were replying to, buuuuut...
>The land is ruled by a fair, just and competent -if somewhat naive- king
>While the king can generally organize his vassals to face the enemies of the realm in the field of battle
It's fine to talk about what gets you hard, just don't do it in public without disguising it as an engaging plot element

Ever heard of an elective monarchy?

>Being drunk means you can't also be a clever politician and a good ruler
Heard you talking shit on my boy Tyrion

How to make a likeable queen:
>she's not a queen, she's a duchess
>also she doesn't do her job

NIGGA THAT DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE SANS

>make masculine female character transwomen
>make effeminate male character transman

This is problematic ;^)

>As the first televised monarch
It was her request for the coronation to be televised incidentally, she's apparently quite tech-savvy

Also had a really popular and experienced (if not all that competent during peacetime) first PM in Winston Churchill, which probably helped the transition.

>>The PCs are her personal "fuck shit up" squad

My group is this too, for a young princess whose dad is too busy fighting a war to deal with all the bullshit in house.

A lot of the time we get sent into enemy territory or to support the battlefield to make her dad's life easier. Tbh filial piety is a pretty good trait if you're trying to make an npc likeable. I feel like we take missions more seriously when the king is at stake if only so we don't have to go back and tell the princess we failed and her dad's dead.

Generally just make her amicable, responsible, and willing to hear the PCs out. A lot of players are too used to authority figures simply dismissing PCs (because that makes for easier plot), so a queen that actually goes "wait, no, Chamberlain, let them present their proof" when the party busts in going "HOLY SHIT GUYS THERE'S A CULT OF OLD GOD WORSHIPPERS WITH DEMONS IN THE CITY AND LIKE HALF THE INQUISTORS HAVE BEEN SUBVERTED" or whatever will instantly garner a lot of brownie points with many parties.

>1789+227
>having a "unifying" head of state that half the country despises and actively voted against
>having the most important role in the country be any random schlub instead of someone literally raised for the job
What the hell is wrong with republicucks?

As someone who would probably be considered kind of a SJW in this place...

Yes. Yes it damn fucking well is problematic, as well as fucking idiotic and missing the fucking point.

Ever heard of bribery?

That sounds like fun.

Story?

Remember that Liz is a Trucker. She loves driving large vehicles over rough terrain at high speeds.

And her family's basically a trailer thrash drama. Only her grandson, who joined the army turned out rigth.

Being butch 24/7 because somebody called her a Lesbo once?

>as well as fucking idiotic and missing the fucking point
Please explain, I'm bored

While in my end it's late as fuck and I should have gone to bed hours ago, so I'm not really energetic enough for a big explanation, but the gist of it is - one of the parts of the movement is about abolishing the gender binary social mores. Basically pointing out how a lot of what we have grown to think as "proper", "obvious" "[X]-gendered" behaviour and signifiers... is actually kind of arbitrary, purely socially-evolved, and in a very large part little more than bullshit that is keeping us all back.

Going around saying that any dude that shows feminine-coded signifiers must be a woman and any woman that shows male-coded signifiers must be a man is just another way of enforcing the same binary you purport to be fighting against. Which drives me insane. I know, there are way worse things around, but this is one of my peeves. That, and the bullshit gatekeeping (do you know how many gays go around saying that bisexual people don't actually "count" as LGBT people? Yes, the B in the acronym literally stands for bisexual people, but who gives a shit about that!).

Cool, now explain why all this mental bullshit about genders applies to a sexually dimorphic species

Why? /pol/ and SJWs invaded anlong time ago and shitpost in Veeky Forums all the damn time.

Veeky Forums didn't care at all. Hell, they used it to make worlds out of. Now that all the writers and drawfags are strictly confined and kept from being creative outside the two threds they're not allowed to leave, you have many more /pol/tards and SJW idiots and cutsey dipshits in Veeky Forums to the point of Veeky Forums being made a 'safesapce' for them to post in about their causes and fuck actually talking about Veeky Forums things anymore, with the mods' blessings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

>her grandson, who joined the army turned out rigth.
They all do, the men at least, part of the serving the country thing.
William does search and rescue, and he's done okay, he's just boring

>Actually having a "unifying" head of state that either doesn't do anything or is actively detested
>Having the most important role in the country be someone who fell out of the right vagina (probably after her own brother impregnated it) rather than someone skilled, handpicked by those he is supposed to represent
And most importantly
>Implying all republics are automatically democratic
>Implying even in modern 'democracies' the voice of the people isn't actively limited within the constitution itself (read the Federalist Papers for a change)

Get rekt cunt. Consul Napoleon was best Napoleon, the Empire was a mistake.

I don't understand why you're linking the Wikipedia article about elective monarchy to me.

For the most part, we don't care.
But parrot something long enough and people will form an opinion and either love it or hate it.
I'm honestly more upset about making one of the characters a mudslime than making each of them some sort of tranny.

>>having a "unifying" head of state that half the country despises and actively voted against
No, user, the whole point is having head of state that only 49.9% of country despises. That's how democracy works.

Take it to /pol/ asshole.

I sincerely hope the rest of this board continues to befuddle you.

She's a frat bro. Wears a tight tank top, parties hard, talks about working out and crushing pussy, always has your back when the ministers are talking shit, tailgates before all of the nations tourneys.

Citation.

>Mainstream, pro-Republican opinions are now /pol/

>present blackmail, queen admits to her guilt, she was forced into doing things by you vicious brutes, and there is not way she can properly atone.
>players charged with blackmail
>queen is sympathetic victim
>nobles go along since it's a chance to dismantle some of her spy ring unopposed.
Do you even intrigue

Hey look, another loser who can't be original, so they just leech off of popular shit to push their agenda on us.

IT'S LIKE EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED

Fuck off with your bait

Go fuck yourself with a cactus.

>sassy
When will the love of this personality trait finally die.

>she's apparently quite tech-savvy
>the queen could be shitposting among us

>loves driving large vehicles over rough terrain at high speeds
based

Bisexualism literally doesn't exist

>Wasting taxpayer money on expensive hobbies in no way related to her """"""""""job""""""""""
Literally worse than nerds who spend their NEETbux on welfare money.
>Inb4 "b-but she has her own income from whoring out palaces that were built with taxpayer money"