Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Why aren't you keeping in touch with all those NPC friends and waifus you've met during the campaign? You're not just going to leave them behind while your adventures go elsewhere, are you?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0vkb_l_ZzE0
paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=416?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#20756
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZuVm6o0-DPicvNr6pe679HkW5DeWc8UbvIQMABNGmE/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/threads/rzs2twkm?Questioning-User-Ban#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I murder and pillage everything I come across >:).

That mermaid will never not be adorable.

Have you lads ever been involved in a relationship with a creature some might consider unusual or exceptional? Huldra, mermaid, nymph, that sort of thing.

Is trading a paladins spellcasting for rage at -3 level a fair deal?

I've been with a non-object once. That's fairly unusual for me.

I have never made any npc friends without my GM killing them. Also cities tend to burn down as my party leaves.

How would you play a balanced merfolk in Pathfinder?

>implying NPC's like me

youtube.com/watch?v=0vkb_l_ZzE0

Merfolk barbarian (or any class with fast movement, a monk is also very good) the strong tail trait and Fleet, 30 foot land speed and the image of a mermaid flopping at 30 feet a round is too funny to pass up.

High acrobatics ranks.

How bout you specify what's wrong with em first.

he spent like 2000 gold each on making them.

The fuck are you on about?
I'm the barbarian in the group and I do 2d6+4 with my greatsword.
Am I a horrible character or something?

I don't know, he has some BS feats that let him do it.

>those stats

They're remembered, but they're remembered in the tales as "That guy that kept fucking up and asking stupid questions" despite how much the actual historians remind people that there's no evidence for it.

Isn't she one of the few Touhou that are canonically not dangerous, and is in fact quite friendly?

They don't have a lot else going for them, and even with Strongtail, they're slow as fuck.

>I'm the barbarian in the group and I do 2d6+4 with my greatsword.
At levels 1-3, you should be dealing 2d6+12 while raging.

Strength 18 pre-rage, Strength 22 post-rage. Power Attack.

Aren't they all friendly after you beat them up?

Wanna run that math by me?

Cuz 2d6+4 sounds... off.

You'd have to have like... 12 strength to have that? 16 during rage, 2d6+3+1.5 rounded down.

If you are at a level where someone in the party can afford 4000 gold worth of wands, you should be ashamed of yourself with the amount of damage you're dealing.

2d6+4 is pathetic at level 1.

Dude, 2d6+4 is EXTREMELY low

Friendly reminder that James Jacobs says that having high social skills but low Charisma allows you to "fake" having a high Charisma.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=416?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#20756

Go ahead and play your Charisma 5 tiefling with maximized Linguistics and Orator.

Be a wizard (instructor) with Dynasty Founder, and you can even have Intelligence-based Leadership!

Depends, do you get rage powers ?

>Aren't they all friendly after you beat them up?

Some of them are more friendly than others.

Wakasagihime is noted as spending most of her time picking up pretty stones and singing songs, she's hardly as dangerous as Remilia Scarlet or even Aya.

That makes sense. With enough practice you'll be able to overcome your flaws. You won't be near as good as a practiced person with innate talent, but you still won't be as awful as you were.

Yes, at normal barbarian rate -3 level.

>Wakasagihime
Should've just called her wakka flakka hime.

>I don't know, he has some BS feats that let him do it.

I assume from the original post that he's using a standard action to trigger a wand, then his familiar is also doing so.
That ain't kosher, without the vague possibility of the familiar using UMD. Rest of that is likely shenanigans. Regardless of whether he's actually breaking or stretching the rules, he's being a gigantic turbofaggot and the DM ought to be slapping him.

>am I a horrible character
I bet none of your stats are over 10, cockmongler. That's pretty fuckin low. Are you doing the math right?

Id say that its worth it, if you need your paladin to only be a beatstick. Id prefer celestial bloodline myself.

In the Legendary Villains playtest, I'm confused on the casting/spells prepared. It uses the magus list and casts with int, so why does it talk about bard at all in the section? Does it have some 2/3 casting like arcanist or something?

IMPORTANT POLL

What is your favorite class and why?

Its for a campaign where divine magic is super rare, paladins take the sacred servant archetype and get the domain spells, rage and no other spells.

>You won't be near as good as a practiced person with innate talent

Maximum Linguistics and Orator blows actual Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate out of the water.

Zweihander Sentinel Warder, because it allows me to build the buff str-focused killing machine I deserve.

Right, but you're still not as charismatic, you just practiced and read up enough to know, generally, what to say and when to say it. Mainly a fluff difference, though.

I feel like you're talking about the Talented Tactician.

The bard is just how to set up spells known, as there's no 2/3rds arcanist casting, and it's really hard to parse out how to phrase it.

Summoner, its basically what I want from a "summoner" class but usually never get.

Yeah I guess I forgot to mention the archetype. I could see why the phrasing is a bit strange on a 2/3 arcanist casting even though that's baller

Sorcerer VMC Paladin, smite evil with Telekinesis. How does this work?

Has anyone posted imgur of the latest AP? What about Campaign Setting? Or Divine Anthology?

Same goes for you buddy.

Thus I remain...

Magus. I've made at least three or four by now, and they've all been fun in their own way

Oh wait I'm retarded.

Ok say I'm using a greataxe.

That's 1d12.

My STR is 18, so that's +4.

But I actually recently realized that I add STR mod AND A HALF for 2 handed weapons.

So really it's +6.

And if I rage, it's +9.

And if I use Power Attack (which I just discovered a level ago) it's +15.

So really my damage is 1d12 + (12 or 15)

I assumed all feats were gay because I read a lot and those were gay, but I recently went through them and found Power Attack, Great Cleave, Critical Improvement, etc.
They should really say "here are the feats that aren't gay"

Hard to say, at least in first-party terms. I do like paladins-on top of being hard to kill and able to kick the shit out of evil, they're the textbook definition of the Good Guy. Then again, there's something pretty great about Beastmorph Vivisectionist Alchemist-all the deadly precision and inhumane experiments of a mad surgeon, mixed with mutant beastie might.

I figured that was it, it's the only one who's casting is parsed out like that. It's really annoying to find a good way to say it, and this was the only way I could do it without referencing the bard, magus, and arcanist in the same casting feature.

That's a good lad.

But yeah, there's a lot of feats that are just garbage, and some that are borderline obligatory.

Familiar don't have feat. His familiar can't dual wield wand.

Dont forget Rage Power too. Reckless Abandon is another 2 damage for example.

1PP: Oracle. I always found it a really cool take on the divine caster that moved away from the stodgy priesthood angle.

3PP: Beguiler. I love the versatility of this class. Over the years I've built about a half dozen beguilers as PCs and NPCs and each of them played differently and didn't even feel like they were the same class.

That is like... one of the worst animated things I've seen this month.

Welcome to literally the worst part of building a 3.X character. Class lists for choices (spells, hexes, knacks, etc.) tend to be small and easily parsed into "Shit I don't need or want", "Shit that would be nice but I don't have the room", "Shit I want to take" and "HAHAHAHA YES". Feats are a bloated and ever-growing cancerous pile of trap options and absolutely vital shit you need to have a functional character.

The single worst fucking design decision of 4E was leaving feats in and taking power choices out.

Ooh, and if my Cleric and Wizard help me out and increase my size and use Bullstrength, my STR is 28 with rage.

So damage would be 3d6+19.5

That's because you haven't seen how animated my social life is.

>And if I use Power Attack (which I just discovered a level ago) it's +15.

How are you getting +15?

Bull strength doesn't stack with belt of giant strength... you already have that right...?

I'm assuming they're between levels 4 and 7, that way they'd get +6 with a 2h weapon.

Not him but he's talking about the total of +15, isn't he.

+6 (power attack) from the previous +9 (from STR)?

So you GM allow him to use quicken spell on a wand (without increasing in spell level or cost) for a feat?

He's obviously no knowing what he is doing.

Your Sorcerer is also a jerk in RL. Just coup his character in his sleep and quit the shitty group.

You know, for how many good tactician talents there are, there isn't a lot of chances to take them.

That's why I wrote Greater Masked Identity and Vigilante Casting Savant. You can kill 3 feats to get 2 vigilante talents (4 if you traded away your second identity), that's a pretty fair deal to me.

Warblade into Eternal Blade, because it's not just flavorful, it's powerful as fuck.

Alchemist. You can build an alchemist a dozen different ways just with discoveries and spell selection and they're almost all equally effective and Tier 3, and that's before you start adding in the archetypes which almost all add some kind of interesting twist to the base class.

Is there a vigilante bard archetype?

And if I used reckless abandon, that's like +2 more damage or something

STR mod = (STR-10)/2

Extra damage with 2H melee weapon = STR mod * 1.5

Extra damage with Power Attack = (level/4 round down + 1) * (2 if one handed, 3 if two handed)

so

STR 22 with rage.

STR mod = (22-10)/2 = 12/2 = 6

Extra damage with 2H melee = 6*1.5 = 9

Power attack extra damage = (6/4 round down + 1) * (2 if one handed, 3 if two handed)
=(1.5 round down + 1) * 3
= 2 * 3
= 6

Power Attack damage + Extra melee damage =

The fug is belt of giant str.
Does it stack with the Enlarge Person spell?

That's in the book that's already been released, the Outrageous Lyricist.

If I get time later, I'd like to do some kind of gambling archetype, but I'm not sure if that'd overlap with the fortune thief too much.

Well, there's a bard archetype that gets a second identity. I can't remember more than that, but their second identity isn't a secret, and is more them being 'in character' than in disguise.

Like an actor in a play. People know they're not actually their character, but disbelief is suspended.

... What magic items do you have?
In fact, if you feel you can deal with some people roasting, just post what character options you took and we can try to improve things.

Magic item that permanently give you enchantment bonus to your strength.

It stack with Enlarge Person (since that is a size bonus).

Haste is one of the best buff you can get from mage btw.

Instead of that... I really want to see him call out the cheating sorcerer in session.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZuVm6o0-DPicvNr6pe679HkW5DeWc8UbvIQMABNGmE/edit?usp=sharing

paizo.com/threads/rzs2twkm?Questioning-User-Ban#1

>Charisma 3

How did it get that low?

>that race/monster you want to play but your GM won't let you

I've said this before, but Minotaur for me.

How would you play a pretentious "2deep 4u" artist?
pic totally unrelated

We rolled for stats.
I rolled 4 1's.

2hu?

Perform oratory is charisma based so you're still behind the guy who who did the same thing but is actually talented.

But unless you're trying to out debate that guy with opposed rolls, it's certainly good enough. The check to get the peasants to rally or to get the paladin to let you go or get the princess to spread her legs shouldn't be THAT high.

The only thing I'm surprised about is that people are surprised by this.

Yo all, work is coming along well on KOP 4, there's a ton of new composites (with some clarifying text on how they're treated for which infusions they can use), a few new mutations, elemental saturations for void and wood, and at least one archetype that lets you fake being a prepared caster with a lot of chaos to it and more messed up viscera stuff.

#hashtagKOP4

Jolly, Forrest and others, you guys should try designing for 5e.

When does Perform (oratory) actually come up?

You're not the first person to suggest this to me in the last 24 hours, and god help me, I'm seriously considering it. I need to find my 5e rulebook, read up, and figure out what I want to do about all that jazz.

Aegis. Lots of options and nearly unmatched versatility.

said artist, not autist.

Frankly, PF is becoming toxic as both a ruleset and community.

That's the joke.

Not any worse than it was a couple months ago.

I love that comic

Please stop trying to seduce our authors and just go back to /5eg/.

I'm pretty sure neither of them like 5E.

I was once like you, only liking PF but I gave 4e/5e/FATE/Qin/SW a chance and have never gone back to PF.