Space Marine VS Warjack

Alright, in a straight up fight in a colosseum, with no external help, a Cygnar Grenadier light Warjack and a Tactical Marine of the Ultramarines enter, and are commanded to fight to the death. The Marine is equipped with a bolter and chain sword, but nothing else

Space marine. Technological advancement. And also doesnt that warjack need a warcaster to not be shit?

If there's no warcaster, the warjack is probably just a fucking hunk of metal. Space marine wins by default.

Fair enough; There is a Jack Marshall standing to the side, so as to give the Warjack the will to fight.

the space marine kills the jack marshal because he can shoot him from a mile away

>the warjack is probably just a fucking hunk of metal

Warjacks are perfectly capable of fighting on their own without any oversight or outside help. They're about as intelligent as a very smart dog on average. With warcaster support, they become even more efficient and capable is all.

Space Marine hands down. Even disregarding the marine killing the Marshal/Warcaster, they are about as strong but hella faster/more agile plus are capable of much more advanced thinking. Poor little Grenadier is basically just left in the dust. A heavy (say, an Ironclad) might fare better simply by being harder to kill but I think the Marine still takes the win home

Space Marine.

The answer to these stupid 1v1 fights is always the space marine unless it's something rediculous like Saitama or Worldbreaker Hulk or something.

Im a huge warmachine fluff nerd, but its the space marine easy. Bolter rounds would pen and shred cygnar jacks as the novels describe them. It wouldn't be instantaneous, but the weight of accurate fire from the marine would take apart a cygnar light. Joints would fail in a shot or two, and sustained fire would take out the boiler or cortex without issue.

tldr bolters are dumb.

Considering bolters can penetrate eight inches of plasteel, the Warjack is going down and fast.

Who's the marshal? Cause if they ain't got some sort of thing to keep them from getting their heads blown off by surprise bolter fire from artillery range, the Marine is still winning.

space marine, no contest
either pumps the 'jack full of bolt rounds, which as previous anons noted are extremely effective at piercing armour, or blows away the warcaster at range, and should the jack make it into close combat range, the marine would easily be agile enough to dodge any blows from it, and apply krak grenades where necessary

Nah, there is plenty of shit that can kill a SM.

The problem with this fight is that the technological difference is simply too great.

This reminds me of the thread on the PP forums

"Who wins between a tank and a Warjack"

The first line was "Now, I know the warjack seems to have a big advantage, but hear me out."

I have no fucking clue why Warmachine fans think warjacks are so great.

Vectors are better anyways

Vectors will always be superior. Though myrmidons are pretty cool, but I used to play Retribution, so I could be biased.

Maybe they don't realize these things are from a steampunk setting and pitting steampunk against sci-fi is never gonna work?

At least the setting is one of the very few to keep fantasy and non-piloted mecha alive.
Now, how would Space Marine fare against Ironman-28, that would be an interesting question.
Titan-sized, can fly,...

What if it's not a fluff marine? Like not even a "everything is basically propaganda and space marines are just gangly mutants in glorified platemail using WW1 level tech with psyker-based scifi wizard space travel" fluff marines, but a straight up Rules Marine. You know, the things which on average rolls cannot kill an incompetent human wearing meager protection?

Sure we could argue that 40k operates on a different power scale because it's scifi, but it also has literally ordinary humans hitting stuff with the butt of a rifle, so no, fuck that.

I mean, by rules, a dude who's just decent with a plain old sword can deal a crippling blow to a light warjack as long as he charges it.

Dumb fuck.
Depends on who is writing the story. The one with the most plot armor wins.

If you put everything into 40k stats then str4 won't be too good against front armour 10 (assuming the grenadier, being a light WJ only has front armor 10, it might have 11 or 12 even)

The grenadier has a grenade launcher, equivalent to frag grenades, so the marine will ignore that unless he gets unlucky.
But the grenadier has a pick, which considering it's on a WJ chassis is probably a Str 7 dreadnought weapon, so AP2 at least.
The only problem as noted is that the WJ won't be too efficient without a caster so possibly WS2 or 3.
One hit will kill the marine though.
So unless there is some seriously flukey dice, the marine gets into combat and dies to a pick through the head.

In warmachine stats, the marine could be the equivalent of a trollblood champion solo, or something.
In which case he can and will damage the grenadier on the charge, but again when the WJ hits back that's one dead space marine.

technological difference? You fucking idjuts.

lol warjacks are so shit that they not only suck in the games fluff but they suck in the actual game itself where infantry rules supreme.

Main reason I stopped playing warmachine, warmachines in it suck and they were the only unique thing otherwise it's just a bad infantry skirmish game.

warjacks are one of the most powerful things in the game right now.
infantrymachine was mk1 and mk2 to a lesser extent. we're in the new edition now and WJs are boss.
Khador is running all WJ lists, that should say something to you if you ever played warmachine

This actually got turned on it's head in the new edition, jacks are everywhere now.

>Even disregarding the marine killing the Marshal/Warcaster

Marshall, maybe. But your average Space Marine is not taking down a warcaster.

Eh, they could probably beat up Sturgis.

>Maybe they don't realize these things are from a steampunk setting and pitting steampunk against sci-fi is never gonna work?

There's at least one setting where it worked

The Warjack's armour is literally boiler plate and a light jack would struggle against a WWII-era LIGHT tank. What do you think?