/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Season 5 Sign Ups Begin!

We have officially started the sign ups for the Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season 5!

Apply with a fresh team to the group below (if you don't already have one in the group) and PM MauledByTheTigers stating what team you are entering into the new season and whether they are joining Rookies (if eligible) or Veterans.

Deadline for signups is next Saturday night (Yurop time zones)! Furthermore, make sure you are active on FUMBBL (meaning you've visited the page and signed into your account) at least once in the three days prior to that date! We are trying to cut down on dead starts for the first round.
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Human-Team-16-Players-5th-Edition-Blood-Bowl-Citadel-Metal-Rare-/302073713194
blood-bowl-miniatures.de/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSWIqajRcp4WCsZJWbxJ-zpUuFOvMv7kz4xgfDyjYn4/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSWIqajRcp4WCsZJWbxJ-zpUuFOvMv7kz4xgfDyjYn4/pubhtml?gid=2107647972&single=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does catching a bomb award star player points?

Do you mean intercepting? I'm not sure about that one.

But just catching, no. The Bombadier does not get a point for a completion.

If a bombardier throws the bomb directly at your player and the your player catches it.

I figured there was no award for successfully throwing the bomb.

I imagine an interception is an interception and standards spp applies.

No, no SPP is ever given for any bomb throw.

The SPP awards specify that the ball has to be involved. Throw Bomb and Throw Teammate (as though catching a teammate or intercepting an opposing player were possible) do not award SPP because neither involve the ball being thrown by itself.

Reminder, if you're willing to roll two GFI's, you can force Frenzy to only block once.

How is this determined in digital versions of blood bowl?

I've never been asked in legendary edition, bb2, or fumbbl if I want to use Mighty Blow for the armour or for the injury. Clearly the game is deciding for me. Is it just attributing it to the armour roll every time?

It is decided after the roll, so you always know if applying the bonus would change anything or if you should just save it.

What the game is doing is if you break armor without MB then it applies it to the injury.

So, if you knock down a war dancer and roll a 2 through 7 it would put the +1 on the armor roll.

If you roll an 8+ because you broke armor without the MB it would apply the +1 to the injury roll

Get the fuck up thread. Just because I am trying to make a musical theme for a team in this league with soundfonts and VSTs in an attempt to cure my writer's block for another hobby doesn't mean you guys get to slack off in making your teams great.

Are you prepared for the new season?

>outdated Hearthstone memes

fucking awful man

What is the best necro starting roster?
What skills do you prioritize on your necro wights (tackle, mb, guard, po ect)?
Do you use a ghoul or do you just use the wolves/wights to carry the ball?
Is it worth getting kick on a zombie/how big of a bench do you carry and how many dirty players?
What are the best formations to use when you kick the ball (like for defense) as necro?
Do after you get block and dodge, do you prioritize tackle or side step for the wolves? Do you go for jump up or sure hands at all on the wolves?

That's too complex dude. Just go with the flow.

Reminder this is too far for Christer

Custom soundfonts only apply for the user, right?

Just wing it. No matter how badass some of your players are they will fail a GFI and die anyway. Pick whichever player you like and see them catch a long pass, run through three Dark Elves tackle zones and score a touchdown after two GFI. Or see them getting killed by a skink.

I meant to make a song, then export it as an ogg file or something. Maybe I will upload them if I ever get over this damn writer's block first.

Nigger I am asking which skills to get first on a fucking wight not some complex thing

No, you're asking people to give you the best optimal choices fit for every situation and basically handhold you through the teambuilding process which is not how shit works.

Skills in bloodbowl always depend on what the rest of your team has. If you are a fresh fucking Necro team just grab Mighty Blow / Guard / Tackle. Whatever you want.

Take Pro, Stab and Shadowing.

>not rolling doubles and taking Prehensile Tail

>the fun of the game is picking out your own skills (or deck of cards) and seeing which choices work the best reeeeeeeee

Fucking RPG fags. Even when I play single player RPGs like mass effect or deck building games I look up the best builds because the trial and error shit isn't fun

Read the posts idiot. There is no 100% always right choice. You pick skills around what other stuff your team has that the player does well.

>the fun is picking out your own skills
No, you're just a faggot and blood bowl isn't for you. There is no optimal choice. Everyone gave you legit advice.

It doesn't work like card games.

Supposedly you play in an Amazon, Elf, Goblin and Skink filled league. You'd want Tackle to handle them running past your line.

Supposedly you play against a lot of Norse, Wrestle is good to put them down with you when they Block.

Against a slow League you want Dodge so you can run circles around them.

Etc ect. This isn't some dumb game where you pre plan your team. It depends on who you play against, what you roll, your team's injuries, the local meta. So yes, "winging it" and "going with the flow" is the right advice since it depends on the roll of the dice and how your games went.

If you don't lose half your games in Blood Bowl due to dumb shit then you're not playing it wrong. The fun doesn't come from winning, but from how hilarious the game is (seeing a halfling kill a Beast of Nurgle is a sight ot behold.)

How do you start your team isn't a weird thing to ask about.

Asking if you go guard tackle on both wights or go guard tackle on one and pomb on the other isn't a weird thing to ask.

Asking generally do you like 13 players 1 dp or 14 players 2 dp isn't that odd to ask.

Asking if it is worth taking a fucking ghoul or not isn't weird to ask.

And asking if this team benefits from kick or not is certainly not a weird thing to ask at all

thing about blood bowl is there is no optimal way to play. everything can change according to what team you're playing against, how that coach plays, what your current position is ect. there is literally no right answer to any of those questions because it depends on the player. it's not like hearthstone where doctor boom is fucking op in every instance, in blood bowl one game your team does great and the next game it's shit

Asking all those things at once is. Stop being a faggot.

So I'm gonna be up against a Nurgle team (with two leagues worth of experience) with my Norse team )and their fresh pink assholes) in my first even League (and tabletop) Blood Bowl game. Besides avoiding the Beast of Nurgle like the plague, are there any other tips against a Nurgle team?

Don't pass, use your Runner(s) wisely, don't mark him if you don't have to. Really you just need to pray at this point.

Good news, You have av 7 so every claw he has is wasted tv

bad news, you have av 7

In col/black box do you prefer to run a 14 man undead team with 2 dps or a 13 man team with 1 dp?

Basically is it worth the extra 60 tv for a second dp if you wanna keep to 1300 ish tv or lower?

>bad news

GLHF. I hope for your sake it isn't super high TV

Show us your minis.

>you find a selfie of this guy slapping your gf's ass on her phone
What do you do, bbg?

He is only av8

roll for tentacles

>not rolling to break armor at the same time

swoon, because apparently griff gave me a high-five while I was stone drunk

I find the "women are av7" meme to be problematic.

>the only not-7 av women in the game are 2 star players
>one is an ogre

I thought blood bowl was supposed to be inclusive.

Well, I always wanted to play a team where I'll die a lot (planned on playing Halflings or Goblins before being told Norse is more noob friendly)

That's the nice surprise, isn't it?

Only finished one werewolf and is working on the other. The rest of the team will earn their paint after their first game (the werewolves doubled as Wulfens for my 40k army so they earned their colors.) Linemen, Runners and Throwers are of naked Chaos marauder stock. Berserkers are more unique chaos models. I won't pick up a Snow Troll.

very cool. good luck

AV8 gets in the way of snu snu.

Damn, looks nice.

That reminds me, I have 3 (2 and 1/2? human, undead, and necro) teams I need to paint and I need to pick up an orc team, a pitch and star players for the undead/orcs

Gunna go with the GW new release for the orcs, though I don't like their humans too much. I prefer 5th edition humans over my humans but everyone wants like $300+ for 5th edition humans

>300+
Ebay has what appears to be full teams for like 40 pounds.

If you don't mind stripping the paint, you can even get some individuals for almost nothing.

>everyone wants like $300+ for 5th edition humans

Insanity.

>ebay.co.uk/itm/Human-Team-16-Players-5th-Edition-Blood-Bowl-Citadel-Metal-Rare-/302073713194

Really? The other thing that annoys me is most of the teams have 4 catchers, no ogres, and fewer than 7 linemen.

Ideally I'd like to be able to run a team with 1 ogre, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower, 1 catcher, and 6 linemen. And then also have 1 thrower, 1 lineman, and 1 catcher mini to spare in case I want to go up to 14+ mans. My current human team allows me to do that (and I have a spare ogre)

You just googled 5th ed humans and looked at the first result that was on ebay.

If you know what the 5th edition figure looks like, you can piece together the whole team for a fraction of what that one guy is charging for a fully painted team. Most people just don't list the edition of their minis so it's just 'human team'

>The other thing that annoys me is most of the teams have 4 catchers, no ogres, and fewer than 7 linemen
that's because the set only came with four catchers, no ogres, and six linemen

blood-bowl-miniatures.de/

This place is a pretty decent resource for identifying edition mini's.

Also, 3rd edition wights were sick as hell.

The direction of the scatter template doesn't matter as long as it's constant all game, right?

Basically.

Signup progress update when

Never

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSWIqajRcp4WCsZJWbxJ-zpUuFOvMv7kz4xgfDyjYn4/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Made something nobody wanted in case anybody wants it.

bretty cool

>human lineman = 50k for 6338
>amazon linewoman = 50k for 6337 + Dodge
>1 av is equally valuable to Dodge

Same deal with Norse.

And 1av/Dodge = 10k since a hobgoblin is 40k and has the same skill access.

Are Marauders the best linemen of all? 50k 6338 for GSPM on singles and A on dubs.

They're the most cost efficient, which is valuable in a lineman.

Depends on what you want in a lineman.

Thanks, I'm transcribing skills as well to a simple table too. Hope someone finds them useful.

Depends. Zombies have regen, Orcs have av9. Wood elves have ma 7 ag4. ect

Nah. best lineman of all is dwarf lineman. Thick skull block tackle 4339 for 70k is a fucking steal. S access.

4329* fug

>there are no japanese players
>the likelihood of getting an amazon team vs tentacles spam chaos team doujinshi is less than getting a minotaur to both catch a kick-off and run the ball to a touchdown in one drive
BB needs more fanservice. The bb2 cheerleader models suck ass.

>Chorf team, bought a mino for "fun"
>First game, get a blitz
>Mino blitz kills opposing player.
>Mino catches
>Mino runs it in a few turns later

>Is Cyanide game, so lose connection at half and all progress wiped.
>Mino dies
>As is life, in Cyanides Blood Bowl.

Don't die yet. I got 50 bucks saying Mauled's liver will die before a /bbg/ thread falls off again.

Win the league, I will draw whatever smut you wish.

>I'll draw whatever you want
>posts no example of his work
If I wanted stick figures with circles on them, I'd do it myself.

Please do and post them

10/10 better than CMonkey, won't get me banned.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSWIqajRcp4WCsZJWbxJ-zpUuFOvMv7kz4xgfDyjYn4/pubhtml?gid=2107647972&single=true

Table of Skills and their descriptions.

Waiting for mauled to post a list

Just rolled into work, so I'll say in 9 hours to give me some leeway.

11 hours actually.

...see ya tomorrow

They haven't fired you yet?

Would you be upset if GW rules officially required bases be team color coded?

>humans will always have blue ring on the base

>orcs always have a green

>vampires always have red

>chaos is ringed in purple

>etc

I mean, there's only a couple dozen teams so having a unique color per team wouldn't be difficult.

>helmut wulf is the only male star player available for amazons
Just how big do you think his dick is? I mean, he's either packing a treant in his j strap, or he's got good enough looks that they turn into bimbos around him.

>but morgnthorg
Is an ogre and probably exclusively fucks bertha if he fucks at all.

>fucks bertha

DELETE THIS

No, but actual codified colours per position would be neat. Plasmoid has yellow - catcher, red - blitzer, white - thrower, green - blocker, grey - lineman.

soon

>this advanced autism

You know the crp exists right?

hey guys which team do i play if i hate myself and i want to die a slow horrible death extended over multiple depressing years of emotional and drug abuse

Try dorfs or orcs.

Considering that it's common to have bases coded to the players position it would be really annoying as well as a terrible idea.

Frogs.

halflings/goblins

Chorfs, you won't have to worry about anyone liking you and trying to talk you out of your bad habits.

Goblin only Underworld feat troll

yeah those were the colours that were established in the 2nd edition

pic related