EDH GENERAL

No punctuation edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/immortal-corruptor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neat, that would deal 5 damage to Phage.

What do you all think the 4c commanders are like?

>deals damage to target creature
Magic is dead.

OP goodstuff generals in casual and Hermit Druid.dek in competitive :/

Players don't have text boxes.

I'm just hoping one'll be really good since I didn't get into commander until this summer and really want to buy a precon now

There's usually one that's a huge stand out from the rest. Mind seize in c13, built from scratch in c14 and plunder the graves in c15.

Just have to identify the best build around me commander and that's generally the ticket.

Mono color with the other 3 colors in their abilities. There will likely be two good ones, a decent one, and two bad ones. People will think one of the good ones is actually bad at first, and people will think the mediocre one is the best until they actually try it. You can trust me, my dad works at MaRo.

When will they be revealed?
I want to be disappointed. This prerelease wasn't disappointing enough.

>tfw your expensive cards arrive with visibly worn edges and are extremely delicate

how can such cruelty exist in this world?

What cards were they?

Maybe you don't.

I bought a "NM" Crucible the other day and there's a big ding on one of the sides. I was pretty sad about it.

I'm putting together a vampire deck, any cheap must-haves that have that sort of theme to them?
And which Olivia should I use? I think Voldaren would add some versatility.
My group is pretty casual.

I had this arrive in slightly better condition than I expected.
It was a very pleasant surprise.
The deck I built around him is super fun to play.

Built from Scratch was so fucking fun to play. It came fairly competitive as well.

Your casual friends might get upset about having their creatures stolen, so good luck on that front.

I put together Voldaren a while back for a friend and the way I did it was to just jam a whole bunch of artifact ramp and play the big fancy vampires. Most of the little ones aren't worth the trouble.

I think the main commander will be tribal to try and make sure they all feel different and then the other 2 will be good stuff.

Okay that sounds decent, I'll give it a try.
They might be casual, but they don't get upset that easily.

Lookin good, can you post a pic with the light on it outside of the sleeve?

This is a fun commander, especially since Theros

My first multicolored legend. Shocked that I never built a deck around him.

If you're going for speed, Mobilized for War. If you're going to ramp up and have tons of mana left over, Voldaren. Or really just use both, it's the same for Drana.

What about the original Commander? Heavenly Inferno? Counter Punch?

Definitely Counterpunch

Ghave is a joke to build around

Heavenly Inferno had a pretty powerful thing going but it wan't very fun.

Here is a pic outside of sleeve. I got it for a good price listed as MP, mostly what is wrong with it is that one ding on the left side which isn't even visible in the sleeve.
Here is the deck I'm running him in.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/immortal-corruptor/

is this guy good for keeping those who retaliate against you in check?

No because he doesn't target anybody

Why should somebody cater to your demands if you are threatening to hurt everybody equally?

The best deck I've seen for causing people to tip toe around you is a removal heavy Jund deck. The guy who played it was super casual and didn't care about winning, he would never attack or use his removal until provoked, but whoever provoked him first would instantly get a barrage of removal thrown his way

He would make a huge board of tokens and then whoever cast a board wipe would get goblin bombarded for 30 damage

That is a nice looking foil.

Have you ever seen tears over a game of commander? What happened?

Forgot to compliment your foil, my bad.
Very pretty ertai you got there. How much did you pay for it?

I have seen tears over a game of commander

>daretti player races out to lead with 4 mana rocks + wheel of fortune
>has unwinding clock and all this shit in play turn 5-6
>combined efforts of table prevent us from dying to myco lattice + forge + Nevs disk
>unfortunately daretti still in control with the Nevs disk
>MW player casts palinchron out of nowhere, daretti player thinks and decides to crack disk before untap trigger goes off
>in response I unsummon palinchron to save it
>disk is blown, MW combos off

The daretti player was extremely butt hurt by my admittedly unsportsmanlike play, giving the game to the MW player because I didn't want the daretti player to win

He actually started crying

>are you my friend or not?
>it hurts to be rejected by people you thought were your friends?
>etc

The context is that this wasn't an isolated incident, it didn't come out of nowhere, we had been having issues in our friend group for a while, him being archenemy in mtg was just a small part of it

Christ, shit got too real for him, huh? Play edh for a fun time of wacky competition and interactions, not getting so worked up you cry in front of your friends.

Nothing wrong with crying, it's a coping mechanism. I'm sure he just needed a win somewhere in his life, and he might have thought that Game was already in the bag, so it was a rude awakening. How's that player doing now?

In high school a few years back I was playing 1v1 against a little autistic shit who played an unsleeved Ixidor deck with clear markings on the back of cards. So when I crushed him with my Deveri, winter orb bullshit he freaked out, cried and tried to fight me.

He was about 5'02" and the librarian saw it coming and spear tackled him while everyone was laughing. Last year I was kicked out of grade 12 in a mtg incident but that one wasn't funny.

Not great desu

Our playgroup kinda fell apart shortly after that incident, I don't really hang out with those people anymore, heard he hasn't changed a bit though

I'll bite, what was the other incident?

I'm not proud of it but basically a teacher poured water on my Legacy deck because I called him a fag so I went super edgy and knocked him out.

yeesh, my condolences
I'm not sure what you expected desu

>bringing an expensive deck to school
you asked for it desu, though that does suck

Most are still usable because double sleeves but they are all slightly warped.

flatten those fuckers out, bruv
how many big ass books you have

Not enough. I don't have the pictures on this computer but after the flattening and some tight sleeves they can be played but are clearly damaged.

>knocking him out
>not suing him for destruction of property

What deck was it?

This picture is old. I remember seeing that stupid purple deck with the black lotus you just had to have in frame, but off to the left like you don't actually care.

>"don't build a deck using edhrec! You'll end up with a terrible desk!"
>do it anyway
>win 90% of the time

When we say not to build a deck with EDHRec, we mean not to just take the most used cards and stuff them together. EDHRec is a tool, you need to use common sense with it, and it sounds like you did.

I like edhrec more than mtg salvation

Edhrec is great. I wish it would predict what card I was typing in though. It wont even match partial parts. Like I can't just type in Arjun, gotta have the whole name before it returns anything.

It does, though.

Works fine for me in that regard

Nekusar, the answer is always nekusar.
>had a perfect victory in 3 player ffa because of my machesas decree
>was my first win as the monarch

Oh ok. I just thought they sucked. Must be some script I have blocked. I'll figure it out.

Good luck.

That block had the fucking ugliest art I've ever seen.

I always gun for people like that without a second thought. Fuck that.

>start 4-player game online
>say gl hf
>two others also say it
>fourth guy says bl hf
>ask what he means, knowing full well
>"bad luck have fun" as expected
How have some people never learned good manners? Do they really think they're funny?

You are the reason MTGO sucks.

Guy makes a dad joke and you spaz.

That's not a dad joke, dads preach good sportsmanship.

Why do i get the feeling that water actually just got accidentally spilled on your deck and you're giving the impression that he intentionally walked up to you and poured a glass of water onto it in order to rationalize your autism?

Why is it such a big deal to you that someone else is also socially awkward?

What's better - Rout or Martial Coup?

I think Martial Coup is. I have only cast Rout once for its instant cost. I just don't ever have that much mana left up in white.

We kick people out of games if they combo out and keep playing like it never happened.

Discuss.

>if they combo out and keep playing like it never happened.

I don't get it.

Like, if the combo doesn't win them the game?

No infinites.

If somebody goes mikaeus/triskelion for example, we act like their life hit zero and we keep playing.

Nice bait, guaranteed replies incoming.

You could also just try to sit down with them and tell them that its not fun to lose because they drew an easily tutored card that happens to combo with their commander.

You have the option to not play with these people.

I don't know why I always respond.

Opened new Daretti and Chandra, what commander would they go well into? I'm thinking old Marchesa for the blue support, but are there are better options?

>i don't like this rule of the game and don't want to be bothered to actually interact with people

It's like when people try to swing with lethal combat damage. We just ignore it and keep playing the same game for 12 hours until we all get bored because we're out of chips.

And you had the option of not falling for it.

Conspiracy 1 Grenzo artifacts.

Fuckin do it

Come on, guys. You're better than this.

This guy keeps calling out bait, but we ignore him and keep playing anyway.

kek

It's like a self for filling prophecy

You should see the salt when they refuse and try and interact and just get ignored.

"I chaos warp your dude. HEY im casting this"

"So anyways, declare attacks..."

Haha. Fucking degenerate infinite players. Learn to play magic. Not just assemble a combo and "win"

So anyways, what do you guys want from the new 4cmc commander decks?

More nice enchantments.

They're going to be terrible because.

More importantly...which color are you going to ignore and why?
Inb4 red sux in edh

You're an autist. Why flip out because he didn't say same. It's not even like he must have said it seriously, but rather as a joke. He certainly did have bl since he joined the game with autismal fuck that is you.
Decent person wouldn't get mad about people on interwebs being impolite, but if you're so salty, how about you beat him in the game and keep being chivalrious. It's not really his duty to wish for his opponents to have a good luck.

Next time use this. People stop on posts with images more than just text.

Where's the other MTG bait image? You know, the good one.

>I totally want to play WBUG because it's thematic and interesting!

4 color and 3 color theros gods

Blue. White is also acceptable.

t. aggro player

One of the more casual playgroups I've been in actually had a similar system, but set to an actual positive tone. Basically, we called it "First Place". If you could show that you were able to kill everyone, you'd graciously leave the game on your own accord, officially having won "First Place", then the rest of the table played for Second. In order to make sure games didn't last too long, it only went to Second though, IE if somebody else combo'd off and killed everyone then it was over.

The Johnnies only cared about getting to set their combo up, so they were happy just to do it. The Spikes had too big of egos not to want First Place even if it was functionally similar to scooping. The Timmies were just happy to get to keep playing.

It really depends on the overall attitude of your playgroup whether something like that works, but it did rather well. We used to constantly play big 6 or 7 player games, so having to go through a bunch of set up and wait through everyone else's turns only for the game to suddenly end from one person on one random turn was dissatisfying to many of them and as long as the First Place winner was happy with being in First Place, it was a simple way to make everyone happier.

At that point I'd rather just split it up into two 3 player games. I don't care for anything above 4 because at that point it takes forever to do anything and there's a lot to keep track of.

Just to nitpick, they're not necessarily 4cmc, but 4c.
I'm willing to place my bets that they're gonna be monocolor or twocolor legends that have different colours in their ability costs, like Alesha or Tasigur.
If we're going to extremes, monocolour with tricolour hybrid mana symbol in them.

I love Lightning Greaves, but playing a voltron deck has really made me appreciate Swiftfoot Boots a lot more than I used to. Hexproof is so much better than Shroud it's unbelievable.

WURB:
- Artifacts
- Creatureless Wrath/Earthquake effects tribal
- Arcane (all the important spells for it are in here, G is kinda meh)

Even though it sort of started from the 6-7 player games, it ended up being done in as few as 4 player games.

I'll be a little upset if they're just Nephilim 2.0. I would prefer the Khan design.

Making an R/G Omnath ramp deck so I have a couple of questions:
1) What are some good ramp spells on permanents (my playgroup doesn't use a lot of removal so auras on lands are fine) in RG?
2) What are some good draw spells on permanents in RG?
3) How many non-permanents can I reasonably get away with running if I'm playing Primal Surge?
4) What are some good sac outlets in R/G? I'm thinking Ashnod's Altar but I don't think I need that much colorless mana. Would Altar of Dementia be better?

fertlid, abundance, fecundity, evo leap, seagate wreckage, exploration, scrying sheets and snow lands are must haves for omnath. You should get hellbent almost immediately and then shit out elementals. One game I won by storming with ashnods altar with about 17 lands on the battlefield and slamming fatties, saccing them to slam more fatties until I ran out of lands. I just got the snow lands and let me tell you the ability to get more lands into play is important once you have omnath out.

Same here. I would like to see a deck like that one nephilim that animates creatures on attack. I liked alesha, but I want to abuse cards and want one without the cmc limitation. Like a black or w/b creature that animates a creature on attack which dies at end step and UG ability that lets you sac a creature for cards.