Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Keep that magical realm home, kids

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ys9ZDJXvCqVJylDY7-fLJdqkCwLRCr3dJ6fk96EOwd0/edit
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/superstitious
d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/rogue-talents-advanced
pastebin.com/hMmLECRV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do any Rogue archetypes mesh well with Scout?

Depends, what are you looking at for a build/character?

>Joining a Wrath of the Righteous campaign with a prim and proper Erastilian, complete with wife and child in Kenabres.

JUST how bad are things going to get for this character?

So /pfg/

You ever had a motorbike?

As a Rancer, a Henshin with the Orthella Hero Power, or just plain bought one?

Depends on if your GM adds content or not, and *why* your character is in Sandpoint. You're expected to be there/in Varisia for a while.

Continuing from last thread.

>Also, the Halo of Inner Calm doesn't apply here
Why not?

And I did some stuff for theoretical wisdom.

18 (base) + 4 (variant tielfing) + 5 (levels) + 6 (belt) + 3 (age) + 6 (simulacrum of whore queen) + 4 (cognatogen) + 5 (wishes) = 51

It requires you to be a level 1 alchemist however so the new DC would be:

19 (10 + 1/2)
+ 20 (wis)
+ 2 (ki intensifying, possibly 3)
+ 2 (mantis style)
+ 2 mountain splitting strike

45/46

So, he uses his guarding weapon to raise his saving bonus to +41 (I am pretty sure halo of calm does apply because you use UMD to trick it into thinking you're a good aligned tiefling)

So he either fails on a 4 or 5. While possible with rerolls it becomes unlikely.

Also you may be able to get small temporary bonuses to wisdom with items, I know there is a rapier that gives a sacred bonus to cha.

It's a bit weird. It's for a gestalt game, and I plan on making a Half-Elf UC Rogue/Mutation Warrior Fighter prestiging into Chevalier (just because feats are expensive for this) who uses an Elven Branch Spear and a light steel shield to threaten both with and without reach with Combat Reflexes, Shield Brace, and Spring Attack by way of Defended Movement.

The idea is to be a very mobile attacker and good defender, charging and spring attacking for Sneak Attacks and locking down choke points with my reach, getting 1.5x Dex to damage on top of it all.

>Man, I want to play a 32-pb, gestalt campaign with Path of War, but I can't find anybody who would agree to one of them, let alone two or all three of them.

How would you feel about adding a Soulknife tristalt and mythic to that? Because that's what we're playing.

You're thinking of Rise of the Runelords, Wrath of the Righteous is the crusader one with a terribly cringy first book.

Not him, but Stunning Fist is calculated based on total class level, not Monk level. Monk is just for uses/day. Not that it matters much, that's only a +1 to the DC.

I would pay money for a good campaign that ran 32-PB gestalt with PoW and started at level 5-8.

...How much money?

What part of the country do you live in?

Underground Chemist.
Better if you VMC Alchemist too, and then take Bombing Talent.

>yfw I'm running a 37 PB gestalt w/ PoW starting at level 6

I looked at that one, but the idea of getting rid of Evasion doesn't sit well with me, and I can't really afford to VMC with the number of feats I need to function in combat.

What about Spy? It seems pretty good in terms of not replacing anything important, and Bluffing is nice.

Say, what are the good options for having potions on hand/quickly drawing them in combat?

I'm currently working on a Moonshiner Alchemist 2/Scaled Fist Monk 1/Incanter 1/ Dervish Defender Warder 1

once again

dropping this off because I want people's input on rogue archetype stacking.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ys9ZDJXvCqVJylDY7-fLJdqkCwLRCr3dJ6fk96EOwd0/edit

Ah, you're right. So DC either 46/47 for failure on 5 or 6. Possible, but with rerolls it'd be up in the air. Eobard would need to roll a total of 3 5s (basically guessing he can down the other person in 2 rounds since he produces somewhere around 600dpr).

So there is a 6.25% chance (probably an incorrect percentage because I can't into statistics, I just multiplies .25*.25).

Also there is a minimum 5% chance he just misses the attack. So we'd have to look into that as well.

I have actually considered running a PoW gestalt game. However I instead decided a Power Mythic game w/ a bonus feat track would fit the campaign better. I still haven't run that game, but have wanted to. It's hard to find players for it because I removed all PF races except human.

If you get to Advanced Talents, you can just snag improved Evasion and losing evasion doesn't matter anymore.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/superstitious

Did they goof this page?

Improved Evasion doesn't show up on the UC Rogue Talent list

In what way?

What sort of bonus feat track is it? I'd be up for some Mythic stuff

How do you challenge the players in this game?

Why not run a Mythic gestalt game?

That's because unlike the normal Rogue Talent page, UC Rogue Talents and UC Advanced Rogue Talents are separate pages.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/rogue-talents-advanced

Yeah, I realized it right after I posted. I like the idea a lot.

It's supposed to be ragers who are against magic users.
I see none of that in the abilities.

I don't particularly like gestalt for a large party. In my mind Gestalt is good for smaller parties where you may not have all the bases covered. In a larger party it makes everyone too versatile so all the spheres kind of overlap rather than people having their specialization. That's in my experience at least.

Big numbies and lotsa damage

The first few levels looked like this:
1st: Deific Obedience or Skill Focus
2nd: Teamwork Feat (The whole party gets the same one)
3rd: Story Feat (if you can't find one that fits you discuss it with me)
4th: Extra Traits
5th: Signature Skill
6th: Teamwork Feat (Again whole party gets the same one)
7th: Skill Focus

>Many barbarians distrust magic. While most just shy away from magic, others focus their rage on users of such foul arts. These barbarians are naturally distrusting, and develop keen senses to protect them from harm.
>These barbarians are naturally distrusting, and develop keen senses to protect them from harm.

It's retarded train of logic but the page itself seems to be accurate

What level would it start with? I really like this idea

The plan was level 1/mythic 1. Mythic makes you a little more resistant to rusty dagger shank town, and overall I want there to be a long progression.

Also mythic ranks in the campaign could only be garnered through devouring the sparks of others. Essentially gaining mythic would thrust you into a greater war where demi-gods kill each other for mythic sparks. The players would be incentivized to keep each other alive because they're not yet powerful enough to leave a usable one behind, and keeping together might keep them alive long enough that some mythic asshole wouldn't just come and murder them for the off chance one of their mythic sparks was usable afterwards.

So how your mythic rank progresses depends on how many mythic people you kill.

Problem is I tried to run this once before, but got a new job and basically disappeared. I still feel bad about that.

First thing that came to mind.

I like it. What medium would you use?

The fuck happened to the last thread?

I am unsure, probably roll20.

It got purged for too much magical realm.

So, anyone want to do one-on-one 32-pb Path of War gestalt? I KIND of want to play a Lore Warden/Martial Master/Myrmidon gestalted with a Courtly Hunter whose wolf companion is disguised as an adorable dog that is just a smaller version of it.

Penises.

Well I'd be really interested in joining once my schedule clears a bit.

So what's the best way to get a grappling hook arm?

If a Rogue is using TWF, can he deal sneak attack damage with both of his weapons in one round, or is it a 1/turn type deal like in 5e?

3pp or no?

No, none of that sadly

I will gm you online for 10 bucks a session!
>good
oh never mind.

No

d20 doesn't handle technology very well.

Besides, I would play Shadowrun or GURPS if I wanted something like that.

So long as the target is valid (flat footed/flanked/within 30ft), every attack triggers sneak attack.

Wow, that seems really good.

Its not desu

Way to upgrade this:
-Go natural attacks route.
- play a vivisectionist
- play a wizard and forget about sneak attacks. Hp damage is for faggots

What if it's a Rogue/Hunter using his free Outflank+Pack Flanking to gank people alongside his Animal Companion?

One of the (many) problems with TWF is that now you have to play double for enchantments.
What ever is your build, it would be improved by just saving that cash and investing it somewhere else.

Color me fucking unsurprised.

>- play a wizard and forget about sneak attacks. Hp damage is for faggots
Still loses to super fighters.

Honestly I'd almost be willing to pay just for a somewhat decent or even a-little-better-than-half-assed game.

>what is mass sufocation

Loses to super fighter.

>can even be quickened
Your fucked buddy. Hope you like an ass full of sword.

>can't even be quickened
Your fucked buddy. Hope you like an ass full of sword.

>somewhat decent or even a-little-better-than-half-assed game.

Let me tell you a story to make you realize how impossible this is.
I had this friend whose hobby was D&D. About 15 years ago, he used to spend his time reading about the settings.
Random encounters? pffs. Every single monster had a reason to be there, and that was a central part of the plot.

I asked him why he stopped playing, he said: back then I had nothing to do - now I can just get instant gratification from videogames and the internet.

There will never be a good gm again. At least not at that level. You would have to deal with either module runs or with a half assed improvisation. ( that been said, I know there are a few geniuses that can make up stuff on the fly and it still be great, but I suppose I lack that talent)

It takes me two months to get ready for a campaign, and I still do modules - I just modify them until I am pleased since I at least have to fix the most stupid parts because the writers are shit.

Do you get Strength to damage as a Warlock Vigilante using Mystic Bolts? Or is it just a regular old 1d6?

>The target can attempt to resist this spell's effects with a Fortitude save-if he succeeds, he is merely staggered for 1 round as he gasps for breath

Killing the best of fighters with a mid level wizard and not giving it much thought:

Win initiative because of divination school.
Cast quicken mirror image and suffocation.
He is staggered even if he makes the save
He comes at me and tries to hit me with a telepounce, maybe.
Oh boy just one attack and 1/7 chance to hit.
Now I can keep suffocating him every single round for a while. That will give me at least 5 round where I can do whatever I want to him.

Pretty sure mirror image doesn't stop him from threatening you.

Plus he can also just close his eyes and make that 1/7 into 50%

You're making a wild assumption he has to breath.

>I prepared Suffocation 5 times.

Well if he doesn't pretty sure there are other things around that fuck you over even if you make the safe.

Plus thats even without the " I am doing this from my alternate universe that is hidden inside a demiplane inside a dream realm"

He doesn't ave to breath, suffocation doesn't work.

what the fuck is a "super fighter" supposed to be?

fighters are anything BUT super

This thing.
pastebin.com/hMmLECRV

I live on the east coast and would pay $50 up front!

Eastern PA?

No, Ohio.

Is Ohio east coast? I thought it would be Central.

How is Ohio considered East Coast?

So a Big(ger) Stupid Fighter with a bunch of magic items that could instead be worn by a better character?

Actually this is a weakness he has. He still has to breath. I'm editing it now, found some more room in his budget.

He no longer has to breath, while I was at it I made him immune to exhaustion.

I'm trying to figure out if I should give him demon implants or not.

What would be the point buy for your mythic campaign?

I generally use 25PB.

Cool, and you said PoW is allowed, right? I've never actually had the chance to use it before

O-Ohio is in the East Coast time zone!

I stated that I would like to run it. I am still unsure if my schedule allows it. Also I am unsure if it would be to /pfg/'s tastes with all the non-standard races.

>There will never be a good gm again.
No, those GMs just don't offer their games to Veeky Forums. They make them for their friends.

I spend months before a campaign begins writing, drawing, planning. That's my summer. Four to eight hours a day of handcrafting a world. Even once the summer ends and the game begins, I spend at least an hour every single night working on it. It's never perfect, and that's what keeps me doing it.

Sure, I can get instant gratification from video games. But that's like saying I can get instant sex from a prostitute. It's not the same. It doesn't even compare.

>I spend months before a campaign begins writing, drawing, planning. That's my summer

Pls let me be your friend.

I see. Well if more people are interested, I'll still be around to join

There was a time when I'd make NPCs for the eternally upcoming game.

Unfortunately, I have to work a lot of overtime because so may people are leaving the office. And, following the election takes the rest of my time.

Maybe I'll have better luck next year.

What's the ideal level to run a very short game meant to just be one or two sessions? I'm thinking 6 or 7. Full BAB martials get their second attack and full casters have just gotten 3rd level spells.

At level 7, full prepared casters get their 4th level spells.

level 7 is an interesting level for a lot of casters.

9 level casters get 4th level spells.
6 level casters get 3rd level spells.
4 level casters get 2nd level spells.

It's new stuff for every kind of caster.

Unfortunately for anyone that's not a caster, it's "just another level". Martials would get one more feat out of it to play with- but so would casters.

7th gives enough levels that people who want to do a prestige class can usually have at least two levels of their prestige class too, which is a plus.

I really like this idea for bonus feats.
I want to steal it for my RotRL campaign, what did you have planned for after 7th?

I've been running for the same group since high school. We're not recruiting right now. Go make friends with weird people to be their friend, not to get games from them, and eventually you'll find one who does in fact have a game.

Someone explained full attacks but I'm retarded and forgot them immediately.

Level 6 barbarian, greatsword and bite attack.

Full attack

I make
Two attacks with my greatsword (+6, +1 for attack roll. 1.5*STR Damage mod for both as normal)
One attack with my bite (+1 attack roll, .5*STR damage mod)

am I right or not
If biting gives me a free extra attack then no reason not to do it.

Also am I obligated to take the dragon totem and fly?

Regarding that full attack, yes you are correct.

only if the source of the bite attack says it can be used as a secondary natural attack

>Also am I obligated to take the dragon totem and fly?

No, you're obligated to take beast totem and pounce.

yeah, charging in to do a full attack makes sense.

Also I'd rather not fly. Doesn't seem like a barbarian's style

Is this EVER not the case? It's not like he's wielding the greatsword with his tongue.

It just BECOMES a secondary if he uses it with weapon attacks.

>beast totem gives me claw attacks
>but I already use my hands to hold my sword
ree