Warhammer 40k general

Half arsed edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Why does a civilian mining truck have as much armor as a Chimera IFV?

6 models??????

Its arguably a little more armoured to have that 'Rugged construction' special rule.
Yeah it seems they all ride on top. Wonder if they could be targeted separately?

>no terrain
>no paint

fuck this shit

I need to start painting my shit again.

This is the heavily armed version, there is also a pure transport version that hasn't been leaked yet.

Expensive as hell. 75 each.

Thats the rockgrinder not the truck.

It doesn't, chimeras a 12/12/10 while this is 12/10/10.

It isn't open topped?

Test model for the Genstealer Cult scheme

That's the Tank version not the Transport version.
We have no idea if the Truck is open topped.

Chimeras are 12/10/10. Hellhounds (and its variants) are 12/12/10.

Probably not since both version have same amount of dudes sitting outside.

It's probably the GC equivelant of a Razorback.
There's more than likely one a variant with10 model transport capacity minus the laser.

It's the same price as a Razorback with a twin-linked Assault Cannon.

There are any more leaks?

We still dont know the weapons. "Mining Laser" is a Lascannon with 24" range. So what exactly is "Heavy Mining Laser"? Probably S10 ap2 one since mining lasers probably dont need to have much range.

Maybe still S9 AP 2 Ordnance 1 or 2

It's not bad, since the guys inside can shoot. Not every transport in 40k can be a BRRRRRT Razorback or a Meme Serpent.

Can they? Is not open topped. Or I can't read.

Are 15 Hours and Xenos good reads? I got the first Legends Collection thing and I was wondering if I should subscribe for 4 issues to get the Inquisition tankard.

>civilian mining truck
Mining vehicles like any construction vehicles need 2 things

1. Robust simplicity

2. to be strong enough to be able to spend decades in a mine without much repair

It says rear platform counts as a fire point for all models inside, below the stats.

6 guys can fire out the rear platform.

>Up to 6 models can fire from the rear platform

so, 11/11/11?
I don't see why it should be so good at blocking AT fire.

The Rugged ability makes sense. It's the 12 Front Armor that is weird.

12 Armor means strong enough to routinely repel direct fire from a high caliber heavy machine gun(Heavy Bolter, Tau Burst Cannon).

Because the Cultists modified it for war?
I don't know, use your imagination.

'When the vehicle gets in close its hidden passengers spill out, charging into the fray...'

>description of passengers charging after disembarking
>model has an open top
>not open topped

Seriously, why the fuck not? Why are they so adverse to making assault armies actually capable of assaulting things?

It clearly states that it has 6 fire points, the same as its transport capacity.

It seems they've pulled the bullshit the Stormlord does of being open-topped for the good things, but not the bad. If that shit isn't open-topped, then neither is a Trukk. At least it's palatable with the Stormlord because it's a Super-heavy, but this is just a super cheap rather resilient firing platform, I'll trade you GC weirdos for my chimeras Oh wait, rumour is they get them too

Yes I know that, but this does mean/coun as open topped or what?

I think its because of that massive-ass dozer blade it has. I bet normal goliath is 11/10/10

It's not as bad as nobz in a naut.

No, unless there has been some kind of error, that vehicle with an open top, is not open-topped.

Yes they do.

it's a Chimera with better gun, ignores most damage results half the time, and has the super dozer, all for just 10pts more.

The only downside is troop capacity honestly

Nice, keep up the good work.

I've read 15 hours, it's like watching graves of the fireflies level depressing at points. If anything bad can happen to the main characters l, it does and proceeds to go downhill from there. With the best part of it being caused by a bored paper pusher somewhere else in the galaxy by accident.

So, with R&H and GC combined, that leaves the IG with what as things unique to themselves? Orders? Wyverns?

15 hours (The IG book) is alright. Nothing amazing by its an interesting read about what it's like to be a redshirt in bumfuck regiment #362 that doesn't have magic plot armor.

Sorry wrong reaction image

Yes 6 fire points. Same as a chimera. But doesn't say open topped anywhere :P

I've never done 40k. I'm the guy who said he was switching over from fantasy a couple threads ago.

I like the Orks, and the idea of a bunch of gnarly Ork bikers seems cool to me. Before I start buying stuff, are there any tips and tricks? Are bikers total trash? What should I get in addition to bikers?

To get some more input since last thread died immediately after asking:

Friends and I want to start playing casually with each other again and none of us have touched the game since 4e. We're playing Necron, Death Korps of Krieg and Black Templars. How much fun will 7e give us and how good are 5e and 6e for those armies?

>rumors
i guess if you count the designer outright stating that they get them as rumors then sure

A chimera has 2 fire points, lasgun arrays don't count, because, They're lasguns. And B:They can only fire sideways

Did CWC already die from bloodpoisoning due his boypussy?

Bikers are actually decent units, Nobz on bikes are shit because of their price but a swarm of biker boyz can pump out a ton of decent strength shooting as well as maybe survive a charge.

Mek gunz are stupidly good for how cheap they are, make sure to convert because the offical models cost more in dollars than they do in points. Kustom mega kannons are the best or traktor kannons for the best anti-air in the game.

Tank bustas in a trukk are always a good option to take.

Gretchen are superior, for their points, than boyz but many consider an Ork list without the boyz soulless.

Make sure to get a biker warboss with a klaw for all his s10 ap2 attacks. Weird boyz are surprisingly good psykers, make them level 2 psykers and pray you get power vomit or kill bolt.

Guys, I wonder what plastic kit, preferably GW or manufacturer located in EU, do you think is best to kitbash some cadian rough rider.
Always wanted a squad or two of them and I think they could be fun in kill team. I checked the AoS stuff on GW store page and the best fit IMO was freeguild pistoliers/outriders set. Don't know how LotR horses compare in size to 40k so I'm relying on your expertise

I was going to get a Chimera for my nascent Inquisition Kill team, but now I see that Goliath it looks like a great Inquisition Command Vehicle.

Do you think it would fit with maybe some of the FW Inquisitiors logos and would people have a problem with me proxying it as a Chimera?

no, it islikely developing into an abcess but he lie about already having been to a gynecologist so that they will not take it away from him.

Ladt thing i heard his mother is taken to court over a debt and he is registering to vote

Question: Does the hellhound kit come with all the parts to make a Chimera like a razorback comes with all the parts for a rhino?

Heck, might as well ask if there's any chimera frame vehicles that can't be built as a plain one.

You'll want to put treads on it, maybe bashing them from an actual chimera, otherwise people are going to think it's a fucked up Taurox.

Just wait until gue'vesa

That's a good idea, and as the Inq Chimera has no lasgun arrays, 5 fire points and the option for heavy bolters, it would stop people confusing it for the Guard version. Maybe I could kitbash some GS cultists and Admech bits from the Kataphron boxes to make some Servitors as well.

Can someone explain why they are playing on a shitty 4x4 warmachine table?

I think the GS Cult book will end up solid but not spectacular. It will never be on the OP fuck me level of Necrons, Eldar and Tau.

>Orks are """""""pretty good"""""""

OK Taktikal Jenius, name something Orks do well/competently with their current codex. It can be "having appropriately-priced units," "horde assault," "shooting," "objectives," whatever.

Hard mode: Name something they do well w/ their current codex that another army doesn't do better.

Insane mode: Name something Orks do well, better than another army, that their current codex clearly indicates they are supposed to excel doing.

Impossiburu mode: Name something they still do well, better than another army, that clearly this codex focuses on intentionally, that they also used to do well in older codexes.

You fucking can't. It's shit, so just admit it and move on.

I think you sir are completely right.

I want to build Deathwatch. Have the Cassius squad so far. What do I really need to make it viable for "fun" games. 1500 Point perhaps enough to cover most bases such as anti mob and anti tank.

Does anyone know any good sites to get bionic bits from? I want my jokaero to cool like pic related on the right but with more bionics and stuff.

Are Necrons still in the top 3? I though Space Marines blew past them.

The top two are Eldar and Tau, though it's arguable which is higher than the other. Marines and Necrons are on a similar level, IMO, but Necrons get a lot more hate because they're so annoying to play against.

So... Are chimeras actually useful to an infiltration and assault heavy army? Off the top of my head, a non-assault transport doesn't seem like it'd actually contribute in that situation.

>goliath with heavy seismic cannon

I can't wait for the first ISIS themed GSC armies.

>Tau whole army get crippled if you take out one squishy unit
>Space Marines can literally move mountains and cover with their mind

They arent. Top is SM/Tau/Eldar. Or to be more precise, tier1 lists are Gladius Battlecompany, Imperial Deathstar, Tau and Eldar.

HIVE MIND AKBAR

What's the next new codex to be released?

>Codex Chaos Legions
>Codex Adeptus Custodes
>Codex Exodite Eldar
>Codex Adepta Sororitas
>Codex Squats
>Codex Thunderhawk

>Codex Adepta Sororitas
HA, as if!

Nnnno, Eldar are completely alone in tier 1.

Necrons are in Tier 2 with marines and tau. The Decurion isn't their top build though, you can cut a lot of chaff from the list by just running formations without a core.

Have you notice how often Sisters have been mentioned in the recent fluff.

Hint: Almost more often than space marines.

So this is a tank but the Taurox is not? Ok.

So no rhinos nor predators like the old cultists got?

I WILL

Corrupted Tallarns here we go!

>Codex Adepta Sororitas
Finding it though
That's not the hard part
It's letting go

>sisters condemned to a long, wasting death by GW
>Constantly abused and humiliated in the new fluff
And yet sisters players come crawling back, begging for new models, like an abused wife.

Yeah they'll just raid the chapter armoury, right?

I don't think GW even grasp how much people were demanding the limo though.

I disagree with you about eldar being tier1 by themselves. They are very, very good but they dont dominate other tier1 armies.

Question: We know that Genestealers can infect any regular humans(Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Inquisition, etc.) but what about things like Skitarii, Space Marines or Ogryn? Also, what happens if, per say, a squad of Guardsmen gets infected? Would they still fight for the Imperium, or would they change sides mid-fight?

Games Workshop aren't good at writing rules?

So they get tanks, pretty sweet

What if I want to do the Zhardsnark Evil Sunz speed freaks? I'm not allowed to take any Big Gunz if I use him, but Bikers become troops.

Is this a good tradeoff? Is there any other 'artillery' or anti-air other than the Mek Gunz?

Marines have target saturation issues in maelstrom games because of all the empty rhinos capping objectives, but otherwise it's the Eldar and Eldar show featuring Eldar.

The galaxy is a pretty big place.

Somewhere, somehow, at some point in the Imperium's history, Genestealer cultists stole a Space Marine tank.

>that table.
>all of it

Yep!

Often enough to be worth representing as standard though?

The reason GC can get their hands on IG stuff is because they can infiltrate their ranks and get their access keys/cards/whatever. They can't infiltrate Space Marines and if marines are involved, then you're already at the "Holy shit, everything is being eaten" stage, so vehicles are going to be destroyed.

Can't answer for the Ogryn or Muhreens, but I think Skitarii would be difficult to infect, as they are effectively lobotomised, augmented to hell and don't even have any procreation instinct left for the Genestealers to enhance, let alone the capability to reproduce. They would be useful but sterile infectees.
Even if the Cult managed to infect a squad, they would be detected if they didn't comply with the Doctrina Imperatives in battle, and unless the GS manage to infect other humans or Pre-induction Skitarii they wouldn't be able to continue the Cult.

A squad of infected Skitarii would be lethal though, as Skitarii excel at city fighting at medium range when properly supported by close combat troops and meatshields, e.g. the exact situation most cult uprisings lead to.

>but what about things like Skitarii, Space Marines or Ogryn?

Skitarii are fundamentally still human, so they would be affected by the mind-altering nature of the genetic virus, but they're so heavily augmented that they may be unable to reproduce. Making them essentially useless to a Cult, beyond protecting it in the early stages. I imagine the same is true for Marines. Ogryns should be infected normally, but given how stupid they are, they probably lack the subtlety needed to make for good infiltrators.

>Also, what happens if, per say, a squad of Guardsmen gets infected?

The Genestealer's kill knocks the target unconscious for several hours after it's administered, and it doesn't begin to take effect right away. Remember that the infection doesn't drive people insane and isn't designed to recruit fighters. A squad of infected Guardsmen would act like everything was normal, then scatter out into human society at the first opportunity and begin reproducing to spread the infection.

I certainly gets rid of the troops 'tax' problem. You could get a dakka jet, it has decent shooting for an Ork vehicle but not very high strength.
Dakka jets are pretty good in my opinion and it you can build it in such a way as you can use it as any of their codex flyers.

But imagine, an infected Magos who began vat-cloning new hosts for the Cult and then adding Skitarii augments to Neophytes?

If Skits are assigned to put down a cult uprising (Can't see a reason this would happen) then I'm sure some form of killswitch would be involved.

Ogryn is a tough one, they're REALLY susceptible to doing what others influence them to, but if they have already been indoctrinated by the Imperium, then they follow that more single-mindedly than a normal human. So I guess you would have to get control of them before they get inducted.

>only marines ride in rhinos

Good one, user. Not like Sisters, Arbites and a whole host of other factions got access to the Rhino. Only vehicle that has any merit being Marine only is the Land Raider, by the Emperor's decree. Everything else should be fair game and was until GW started pushing the idea that only Marines use "marine equipment" and no one else gets to have any of it. So much so that now in 30k, when it was all Imperial equipment, the best Army units have tech that make Kriegers look advanced.

Yes, I recall the epic tease at the end of Kauyon about Sororitas being dispatched to the warzone, then not mentioned at all in Mont'ka.

Same reason the Islamic state has been fucking people over with tractors.

Because they play with 10 models each... My question to you is, of all the wrong in OP´s picture, the missing 2" is what got to you?

The fact that almost nothing is painted of the few models they have, the terrain is as far away from TLOS as it can be, and its all based green, and the fact that they have 5 wood bases... thats it... 5 bases of flat-warmahordes-woods. I'm no fan of painting large huge ass units, I know it takes time, patience and effort to complete shit, but man oh man, I would be depressed to play as half arsed as this picture. It really takes the hobby out of the experience, only keeping a game, and barely that (as they clearly ain't playing by the RAW). And there are tons of better games out there if thats the only thing thats got your interest.

Bell of Clickbait needs to die in a thousand simultaneous fires. Every other time I've seen someone doing codex leaks they fielded questions and posted major chunks of things, not a contents page and half a unit profile missing out what all the fucking wargear does.

Seriously, fuck those idiots up the ass, their complete lack of content and clickbait tactics put me off them years ago, and now they pull this shit.

Sisters is almost as difficult as nicking stuff from the Marines, apart from that BS "Sister gets mind-raped by the cult" story that was mentioned last thread.

Because it's not like the Sisters are INCREDIBLY well versed in battling xenos and heretics and would purge at the first sign of odd behavior right?

The GC are getting their shit from mining depots Holy fuck, who's idea was it to use lascannons as mining lasers? and from isolated IG outposts, not fortress monasteries.