Floaty bits

How does Veeky Forums like their airships?

Last exile sums it up.

Haven't heard of before, but it looks pretty awesome. Way more futurist/military look to them.

What are the features that you're partial towards?

With an integrated gasbag or no gasbag, rather than hanging from it hot-air-balloon-style.

...I think. I rarely see airships these days, and I didn't like how eberron did them.

I kinda thought the engineering, for lack of a better word, was pretty neat. I like the idea of an elemental being bound or negotiated into service for a propulsion method, especially integrated into other more physical means. Gives some really interesting fertile ground for differing factions and how they treat their service spirits, and how that in turn affects the dynamics of the ship.

The designs were a little dumb, but mostly because of too much fantasy steamshit slapped on with most of the designs seeming to be a throwback to Spelljammer. I have also yet to see adequate naval/airship combat that doesn't take goddamn forever and also makes sense and I didn't have to house rule the shit out of to get to.

At least that's my take on the Eberrom ships. There may have been one or two designs I liked but by and large, I could take em or leave em.

Came here to post this.

Less dirgables, more dieselpunk.

Just something that is it's own thing. Not literally a ship, but in the sky. Or a balloon/zeppelin, but with a boat hanging on it.

Make something new and exiting. Show that there is more to air travel than I would have imagined. Don't just put boats into the sky so that you can excuse your half-assed nautical research.

Got a good non-boat example?

Got a good dieselpunk example?

new and exciting

dieselpunk

new and exciting

dieselpunk

I wish more fantasy settings were like this. Fuck your ye ole medieval dirt villages, I want airships, fighters, guns, and shit like FF 12 and 15

wacky non-boat

early to mid-1900's inspired flyin' ships

your wish is my command

I actually prefer the modern looking airborn warships and aircraft carriers. Diesel punk airships are also really nice.

>With an integrated gasbag or no gasbag, rather than hanging from it hot-air-balloon-style.
This.

Aloft.