Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

"Leshy playable race when?" Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/19ujyBSD5vdAobQlyUYrFh5Ku6199-H9na_cRj_NHBag/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1DPAnO6za55uuemBm86nAJRf00rYuRHM9hqqxQFiCHEc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, this:
Binary search is a cool thing.

For the guy requesting the Charisma-based Inquisitor Archetype, it's in my homebrew directory.

docs.google.com/document/d/19ujyBSD5vdAobQlyUYrFh5Ku6199-H9na_cRj_NHBag/edit

Also included is a charisma-based Warpriest archetype that steals Oracle stuff and a gun-using Occultist archetype, a more Harrow Medium-style medium (which I'm calling the Unchained Medium), trick weapons from Bloodborne, and some other homebrew.

True! You could probably do it a lot more quickly because the number of layers is finite, but I have already lost because wish.

>One wish is all that's needed if you stopped moving.
Ah yes, true. I am an idiot. So yes, in order to ensure a wizard doesn't find him he is stuck as a constantly shifting being until he dies because wish is only blocked by mindblank.

Now the question is how do I get him mindblank as intelligent items can't give mindblank.

This? I don't know.

I don't know what that thing in that picture is, but I want to fuck it.

In a game with SoP replacing all casting, how would one deal with the archetypes that normally reduce spell slots by one? e.g. the kensai, warpath follower and what not. Is it just a reduction of SP or talents, or CL?

The best deal I know for Mind Blank is Third Eye Conceal, but that's 3pp, beating the point of the exercise.

this is why i'm afraid to use game-finder threads.

Leshies are not for lewds!

How can I reliabily talk to ghots (at will if possible) as an inquisitor? also, when someone dies does it go directly to hell/heaven of can it remain indefinitely "here"?

I could simply make a once a day custom item, which only costs 43200gp, but once a day spell items are silly as it amounts to constant mind blank.

Spell Points are basically equivalent to spell slots, right? I'd say you treat your level as 1 lower to determine how many spell points you gain, because losing 1 spell per spell level per day is equivalent to being a level behind on casting, I believe.

>One wish is all that's needed if you stopped moving.
Wait did someone figure out a new way to kill Spellbane?

Is it that easy? I don't know why I didn't think of that.

>You wish for his location (because it bypasses his crown)
>Summon group of creatures with Greater Dispel
>Greater teleport in (win initiative because divination wizard)
>Cast Timestop with Maximizing Sapphire
>Teleport away to grab explosive runes
>Teleport back and place next to Eobard
>Teleport away
>Timestop ends
>Creatures cast timestop, explosive runes go off
>use ~50 explosive runes to guarantee a kill

That might also work. At low-levels it's a big penalty. Alternatively, you could make it such that gain spell points equal to 3/4th your level + your casting ability modifier, which would also work.

Reposting for the new thread.

docs.google.com/document/d/1DPAnO6za55uuemBm86nAJRf00rYuRHM9hqqxQFiCHEc/edit?usp=sharing

This is the Crystal Sage, a passive Prestige Class similar to Psion Uncarnate, in that it is based around going beyond your mortal form, but by crystallizing it rather than effectively dumping it, and more slanted towards more martial combatants.

Any thoughts or critique?

>>Creatures cast timestop,
Greater Dispel, you mean. Not timestop.

Yes, meant Greater Dispel.

Also, what other archetype should I homebrew?

It was less of "requesting an archetype" and more "why not do the oracle thing with a class that's less dull".

I don't think the Oracle makes sense to steal from for the Inquisitor, frankly.

Weird perspective I guess.
There's one that's not there I think, the shirt-lift one.

> different progressions for saves / base attack
> way too many feats that each do way too little
> save DCs calculated fuck-tardedly
> charisma a literal dump stat for most classes
> game has been objectively improved on with 5e

So why are we still playing this? 5e does everything that Pathfinder does, plus more, except better.

Also one other way to be able to hide from all forms of detection is by killing yourself. In this case Eobard's soul is trapped in his crown. If he has a way for one of his items to resurrect him in a time of need (his sword can if I shuffle around funds) then he can stay dead for possible centuries before returning to fight. While dead and soul trapped he is not targetable as a creature and thus hidden.

So killing himself until a time of great need is a viable option.

Saves and Progressions are the easiest things to understand though. You could have used a lot of other things to prove your strawman, but you used your weakest arguments.

Base 5e>Base PF
PF with 3pp and Houserules> 5e has any real hope of being.

But is he capable of killing himself?

Except variety.

and having a skill system

I understand that you're most likely a troll, but I feel like it's worth noting. Pathfinder, like 3.5 before it, is not a good game. It's two games, one functional and fun one (the chargen game, with endless variety and Lego pieces to play with), and a broken and hilariously fragile one (the table game, which runs double duty as an avenue for RP and as a testbed for the results of the chargen game).

5e delivers one of these things, and in a much better fashion. HOWEVER, the reason I pay 3.x is the first game. The second game can be made fun by a good group, so it's deficiencies matter less in my particular case. 5e's table game is more functional but its chargen game is lacking and rather dull, dependent on way too many things being made up on the spot by both the DM and the other players.

> theorycrafting is more fun than actual roleplaying

I expected nothing less out of Veeky Forums

When did I say that?

Theorycrafting is fun. Roleplaying is fun. They are very different types of fun. PF delivers both (because the fun of RP is system-agnostic. Same reason I play FATE and freeform rps), 5e only delivers one.

There's a problem with that, if any of the creatures succeed on the dispel check ALL of the runes get dispelled. So you'd need someway to ensure they fail.

>Roleplaying being dependent on system
He was talking about the mechanical differences, retard.

>A wizard is trying to kill me!
>I know, I'll just kill myself first! Fucking genius.

>Offer friend magic points system instead of vancian casting
>He Gives me a look and walks away from the game

I assumed massively debuffing the creatures was involved. You would only use one creature likely and have him be bebuffed to hell and back. If it was an SLA you would feeblemind him for instance.

5e is literally babbys first ttrpg. I mean, Pathfinder is simple enough that its a little insulting at times but that game is literally short bus version of dnd.

>and nothing of value was lost

>If it was an SLA you would feeblemind him for instance
Feeblemind doesn't affect caster level, neither does bestow curse for that matter. In fact I'm not sure anything easy to apply drops your caster level.

You are correct. I am unsure then.

>GM starts game at level 1
>It's a biweekly campaign
>We'll only level up at the end of story arcs

>implying the sessions won't be 9 hour full arcs

>In fact I'm not sure anything easy to apply drops your caster level.
Negative levels.

4e>5e>>>piss>>>shit>>>>>>>>dw>3.5>pathfinder

Honestly, if there was just some way to force Arsenal Chaplain to stack with your Chapriest, I would be perfectly happy. That's literally all it would take to make me content with it being on the warpriest.

Champion of the Faith being able to stack is optional, since it's a shitty meme archetype that eats your fervor to let you smite, despite already having a limited per-day smite.

The wizard can fairly trivially stack his caster level to the point that the runes have DC 35 to dispel or so.
At that point, they're almost certainly safe.

Well aren't I retarded..... yeah that'd work.

>Just want to a swole as fuck knight and shoulder check people into walls
>Bullrushing sucks dick
What a damn shame

Ok, I've been seeing this in the past few threads and I am truly lost.

What is the problem with starting at level 1?

Ok, here is a way to not be found I think.

>Eobard's sword can cast True Ressurection, Anti-Magic Field, & Some Divination Spell (this costs a lot, but as an intelligent item is doable because of 1/3 cost craft Eobard can do)
>Eobard kill himself and is placed in a nameless lead coffin somewhere in the infinite wastes outside finite bordered space in the outer planes
>the outer plane of choice is the astral sea, so it just floats around there.
>His sword keeps up anti-magic field and only drops it occasionally to use divination to try and discern a time of great need (one round at a time so there is not enough time to use the kyton to begin searching)
>Discern location only give the plane (as the place has no address) and thus doesn't facilitate scry n' die, and as it is an infinite set the Kyton can't narrow it down.
>In a time of great need (or when the wizard in question is weak) the anti-magic field is dropped and Eobard resurrected by the sword.

Finding a location isn't on wish's standard list, and thus by rules fucks you over. Even so in this case he is in an anti-magic field and is not targetable as a creature.

Eobard can afford these changes by giving up 2 str and +1 to attack/saves.

So on a whole this is my bet for not being found until the wizard isn't prepared to fight. Unless the wizard is also hiding himself similarly.

Lemme look into it. I personally like Arsenal Chaplain too.

I think I'll replace bonus feats with revelations.

I heard this game is a lot like 3.5 D&D and I want to try it out, does this game have the shitty fucking rule from 3.5 where if you move after your first attack you can't take an extra attack?

Paizo classes don't often come online until 3rd-level or later. 1st-level is often called Rusty Dagger Shanktown- for a reason.

That's how full attacks work buddy boy.

If you move, you get one attack, if you stay still, you get more.

Really, it would be simpler to just write up a custom version of Arsenal Chaplain instead, instead of changing your archetype to stack with it. You'd have to leave domains and shit open, which feels like it would miss the whole point of the archetype being Oracle/Fighter instead of Cleric/Fighter.

And losing bonus feats means no AWT, since you wouldn't count as having a fighter level or full BaB for ANYTHING.

Hrm. How's about bonus feats OR revelations, instead of just revelations?

Also, here is a weird thing. The scry n' die described before actually does not work.
>"In addition, you need not have seen the destination, but in that case you must have at least a reliable description of the place to which you are teleporting."
You need a reliable description of where you are going. Which Discern Location & Wish do not give you.

This entire argument might be pointless unless the wizard can somehow get a reliable description of the location. The Kyton doesn't give it to him, wish & discern location doesn't.

So how does he get a description of where Eobard is in order to teleport in?

So, like something similar to Hexcrafter, where you get a "free" hex (revelation) at first, then the option of replacing an Arcana (bonus feat) with another one?

I'm playing one with an aversion to dick as a result of his upbringing. He spent a significant part of his life basically starving, until he found a vegan substitute (akashic plant companion) to drain.

>Reinhardt
>is a Siegebreaker Fighter
>uses a +5 Quaking Sharding Leveraging Warhammer
>takes the Mobile Bulwark Style feats with a +5 Folding Shield

Does the wizard guy from before have a response to these?

That's what I was thinking of

>Warhammer
>Not Earth Breaker

Why on earth would you come here? Are you a desperate kitsunefag or something?

So I've been in a pathfinder group for years and years. recently we started streaming our games on twitch. We have a few people who stick around and watch us, which is cool, but it would be nice if we could get some more feedback.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yeah, Earth Breaker is better isn't it?

Most of the time, PF games are the only damn thing I can find, hence I had to get used to this place.
The occasional 4e game I have is awesome, tho.

I like to think he's a Cavalier, and his armor lets him count as Mounted for charge damage.

And maybe a custom archetype that changes Challenge to a one-attack boost, but makes it more powerful. Or gives you the option to do that on a charge.

This is just bait. DW is worse than PF. The rest is opinion.

Especially considering his ult

This is true, the explosive rune trap doesn't even work because he can't teleport to the location. The wizard and Eobard are stuck not knowing where the other is.

No, and I don't think I would.

A PC will eventually try to go magical realm, and the exposure could ruin his career and relationships.

Have you heard the melonfuck story from /d/? It will probably go like that.

Okay, fine:
4e>>>piss>e>>>shit>>>>.5>pf>>>dw

Better.

I've been playing with the same guys for almost 6 years in multiple campaigns. The guy running it has been DMing for 20+ years and knows all of us personally for at least 6 years.

Nothing like that has happened so far. I doubt it's going to.

Bull rushing should have been made practical and rewarding to do, even without significant investment IMO. Pushing opponents around is fun, emphasizes simple tactical play with mundanes, and *everyone* who fights with their muscles should be able to do it since it's such a major component of physical combat.

Even if it's just 1d6 + Str nonlethal on two enemies you hit together, it'd be SOME incentive, and then from there feats and shit can expand on that usage, inflict prone, all sorts of logical things.

I use bull rush to push people out of grapples and knock people into hazards. It works pretty well, especially with reach weapons.

His ult is the Quaking part of the enchantment. Quaking lets you trip every enemy in a 5-foot radius, 10-foot cone, or 20-foot line. It also benefits from the Leveraging enchantment which doubles the weapon's enhancement bonus when making the Trip attempt.

Do you guys ever feel like you made the wrong character for the wron campaign/party?

I have three different games I'm playing, and it feels like if I can just swap my characters I'd be better off for RP and meshing with the party.

I can't see any way to make the cursed warrior compatible with the arsenal chaplain. Chaplain replaces sacred armor, sacred weapon, AND alters blessings. That's a large number of class features. I guess Cursed Warrior will just have to be incompatible.

Rusty Dagger Shanktown is the term for that level of play. Everyone can die to one attack with no recourse, there are very few class features, and some classes have mandatory features that aren't even working yet because Paizo thought their fucking charts looked prettier if they redistribute crucial abilities for a class to be useful at all up to level 3 or 4.

Siege
Breaker
>When he performs either combat maneuver (overrun or bull rush), he deals an amount of bludgeoning damage equal to his Strength bonus (minimum 1). If he has Improved Bull Rush or Improved Overrun, the damage dealt by the appropriate maneuver increases by 2 and he adds any enhancement bonus from his armor or shield (though such enhancement bonuses do not stack, if both armor and shield are magic).

No.

One of the first questions I ask before joining a game is "what does the party need?"

Really, it's more a fault of the Warpriest for not having enough interesting archetypes. At least you can (probably) squeeze Champion of the Faith in there if you wanted, even if it is kind of shit.

My GM insists that there is no martial/caster disparity and I plan to make him cry with my next character. only 1pp material allows, our characters are starting at 4th level.

I'm thinking of making a Wizard with the Pact Wizard (Horror) archetype and then combining it with either the Exploiter Wizard archetype or the Spell Sage archetype.

Between the Spell Sage and Exploiter Wizard, which archetype would break his campaign easier?

If it stacks, get Instructor.

I think Druids are the more obviously imbalanced class. Better HP, animal companion you can buff to make the fighter cry, better at low levels too.

Less to optimize, admittedly.

Sadly that's the one thing he won't allow as he doesn't like Leadership-type abilities. He's okay with animal companions but doesn't cohorts with class levels, otherwise I would have gone with that archetype.

Well, I think I figured out a solution. Take some of the language that DSP uses (i.e "this alters X but does not conflict with other archetypes that alter X" like Myrmidon/Lore Warden) and apply it to blessings.

What are the chances you're getting to level 10?

At level 4 the disparity is much harder to see as you don't even have 3rd level spells.

After 8th level the animal companion isn't good at all. and without Wildshape being overpowered, they're really not that great.

The GM has run other campaigns that have gotten to 15+, so I'd say there's a good chance we'll make it to level 10.

>stops at level 20
>variety
>optional rules systems to play with
It sure doens't make balance or 'all classes are useful' effort.

Don't actually play the character, that will just ruin everyone else's fun. Just show him the build on paper and ask him to explain how it doesn't outclass a martial.

Take the Mind patron for Psychic Asylum at level 10. If you take the Divination school, you're pretty much guaranteed to act first in combat which means you can swift action fill your spell list right at the start of combat. Does mean you can't take Exploiter though.

>when people tell me "there's no problems in the system because rule 0 exists, brah"

Wildshape might not be overpowered by itself, but druids get plenty of self-buffs and getting pounce at level 6 is pretty good.

>Psychic Asylum
We've been over this before, it doesn't work.

>If you're able to prepare spells, you can use the time to prepare a single spell. For example, if you were poisoned, you could use your swift action to cast psychic asylum, pray and meditate for the full 15 minutes to gain neutralize poison, then emerge from the mindscape and immediately cast the spell upon yourself as your standard action.

If you prepare spells, Psychic Asylum lets you prepare one spell. Even if you could memorize all of your spells in 15 minutes (thanks to the Pact Wizard archetype), it wouldn't matter - Psychic Asylum specifically notes it allows you to prepare one spell.

Specific rule trumps general rule.

I miss planescape