Warband Creation Time!

Alright Veeky Forums, let's have some random tables fun. We'll be making a Chaos Space Marine warband using the Marine-dedicated chart.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Roll the dice and let's see what happens. Pray for the favor of the Dark Gods!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5CSMQhFDaM)
youtu.be/v5CSMQhFDaM
youtube.com/watch?v=L14gzAUiZyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Legion warband! Before we know which legion roll a d100 to see who's intertwined with our warband.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Cmon something good

We've got our own Chaos Cult! Hopefully we don't lose it later on the devotion table.

Alright, d100 to see what legion we're from!

Rolled 42 (1d100)

Iron Warriors, nice, my favorite!

Alright, let's check our devotion to the Ruinous Powers. Be prepared to roll another d100 after this for our ally in case it comes out as "Loathed".

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Neutral. So we're sticking with the classic Iron Warriors theme. They're non-devout, and have a large supply of Flesh for support.

Rolled 2 (1d12)

Chaos Undivided! REALLY strongly vanilla IW.
Alright, d100, let's see if we get something interesting.

Rolled 18 (1d100)

Rolled 45 (1d100)

18 showed up first. So they hold the gods above all, though given their neutrality I'd imagine it's more of a realization of their power rather than true devotion.
d10!

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Now THAT'S interesting! Honor Among Thieves may be why they're not TRUE Iron Warriors.
Alright, let's see what the common mutations are.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Voice of evil.
d100

Rolled 65 (1d100)

A champion! Maybe he was a hero magnificent enough to warrant a following.
But what did he do?

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Dunno what happened to OP, but I guess I'll take over.

>A fearsome champion of the Dark Gods, the figure ascended and became a Daemon Prince. He used his new power to crush all who opposed the Warband at the time. Re-roll if your Warband's devotion to chaos is "Loathed".

Holy fuck! We got kicked out of Perturabo's clubhouse so one of our own said fuck this shit and went on to ascend to daemon princehood?

D100 for homeworld

Rolled 85 (1d100)

>Fleet-based

Alright, skip terrain then.

D10 for combat doctrine.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

>Unorthodox Warfare - Unorthodox tactics here. Stealth, sabotage, infiltration, deceit and subterfuge.

Doesn't really fit in with the honorable thing, but whatever. D100 for special equipment.

Rolled 95

Rolled 22 (1d100)

Honor Among Thieves is how we interact with ourselves and allies, not the enemy.

I'll take your word for it, but only because
>Biological Experiments
Sounds fucking awesome.

D10 for how well off we are.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

I wouldn't lie

>Slightly Understrength
Warband ain't looking too good boss...

Oh Shit i just realized we're some Honsou analog
and the experiments could have been deamoncubala level shit

Sorry, forgot next roll.

D10 for why we ain't doing so well.

It's fine, we rolled Warband back at the beginning so we're rolling with cultists.

use them for cannon fodder

Rolled 10 (1d10)

>A part of the Warband was assimilated by or was attacked by another Chaos-aligned entity.

Guess perterbo's boys caught up with us. Fucker got jealous he wasn't the only Iron Warrior Daemon Prince.

D100 for our friends

Me

Rolled 16 (1d100)

>Chaos warband or specific Chaos Lord
Well, we got a friend.

D100 for our enemy.

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Actual roll here.

>Specific Ork Waaagh!/Warboss

Do we wanna roll d100 for minor xenos, or just summarize it here?

minor xenos

An Undivided Daemon Prince? That's gotta be strong.

Rolled 49 (1d100)

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Going with this guy to shake it up.
>Uluméathic League
Literally who?

Give me a sec to summarize.

minor is right. Aren't these guys all wiped out?

>The Uluméathic are a race of aliens that form part of the Uluméathic League, a fledgling empire that had, before their encounter with the Tyranids, begun to encroach on Imperial space. The worlds of the Uluméathic League would be ravaged by the Tyranid Hive Fleet Naga. Beginning its invasion in 801.M41, the Uluméathic outer colonies were devoured in a matter of days while Genestealers managed to stowaway on fleeing refugee ships, leading to a Genestealer infestation on the Varryean Space Docks. In 809.M41, the throne world of the Uluméathic League was devoured by the advancing Tyranids and the remaining Uluméathi worlds declared a state of quarantine. Fortunately for the Uluméathi, Eldar forces from the Malan'tai, Iyanden, and Idharae Craftworlds managed to destroy the Hive Fleet by 812.M41. In light of the devastation suffered by the Uluméathic League it is unlikely they will pose anywhere near the same threat that they did before the arrival of the Hive Fleet. Indeed, it seems humanity considers the Ulumeathic all but destroyed by the end of the 41st Millennium.

Sounds like it.

They lost their colonies and seat of government, but keep in mind that on the 40k scale, "all wiped out," could still mean control of a few star systems.

So this warband probably rolled through whatever systems they have left doing their usual thing, and the Ulumeathic swore eternal vengeance on a bunch of guys who've completely forgotten about it and couldn't give less of a shit?

>Organization
Legion warband with cultists

>Which legion?
Iron warriors

>Who do we worship and how much?
Neutral devotion to Chaos undivided

>Our beliefs?
Gods above all

>Our demeanor?
Honor among thieves

>Mutations?
Voices of evil

>Any notable figures?
A chaos champion who ascended to daemon princehood

>Homeworld?
Fleet based

>Combat doctrine?
Unorthodox warfare

>Special equipment?
Biological experiments

>Warband status?
Slightly under strength

>Why?
A part of the Warband was assimilated by or was attacked by another Chaos-aligned entity.

>Who likes us?
Another chaos warband or lord

>Who are our enemies?
An Ork WAAAAAGH/warboss

>What about minor Xenos?
Some possibly exitinct Ayyyyylmaos AKA the Uluméathic League

That'd be pretty funny, but they also work as a local threat. The warband can rely on Imperial bureaucratic inertia and corruption to help shield their activities but the Ulumeathic are far more pro-active.

Maybe we kidnapped a couple to fuck with our biological experiments? With the unorthodox warfare thing we could have bodysnatcher marines.

So I'm getting the impression that these guys probably soup up their cannon-fodder cultists with all kinds of crazy biological upgrades and use them for unusual strategies, while reserving technological upgrades for themselves, Iron Warrior style.
Or they got kicked out of the Iron Warriors in part because they started doing biological upgrades to themselves instead of technological. But I like the first one better.
For voices of evil, I'm picturing something really tech-industrial, like heavily distorted autotune mixed with a fax machine.

What do you guys think?

This is good. I imagine the biological weapons would be on a timer, allowing the cultist to remain undetected until suddenly turning into some monstrosity in the middle of sensitive areas.

Also I assume the honor thing was why they left. Maybe they didn't like the pragmatic approach the iron warriors took to chaos. We do have gods above all so it could make sense.

Or they just got kicked out by Pert because their champion was gaining too much favor with the gods? Pert is pretty envious and violent towards everything he perceives is better than him.

Mix them, the crazy biological upgrades are done to the cultists, successful cultists are used as aspirants with the upgrades designed to facilitate or replace geneseed enhancement. Any non-effectual upgrades or side effects get replaced with cybernetics if the cultist survives the process of becoming a Space Marine.

This sounds like a sect of Iron Warriors I came up with that willingly accepted and experimented with the Obliterator Virus on subhumans, xenos, and themselves.

Well, they'd probably have loads of cultists with cheap and easy upgrades for bum-rushing fortified positions, but yeah, that sounds really cool.
Out of nowhere, a civilian just explodes into a writhing mass of teeth and claws and starts ripping people apart (or just explodes: youtube.com/watch?v=v5CSMQhFDaM)

Yea, that sounds better. Go with this.

So what about the orks? They just like fighting us and constantly tail us yandere style? Maybe our cultists and marines are harder to kill and put up a better fight because of our augmentations.

Maybe they constantly tail them to be able to capture a few so we can use their genetics to create a super warrior? Fighting is in Orks blood after all

Fabulous Bile must love this legion then

I didn't even think of the Obliterator virus, but it fits really well with the warband.
Could you imagine a Daemon Prince with the Obliterator virus? Some kind of Soul Grinder-y badass that collects the best weapons he can find to incorporate into his body? Or is that too ridiculous?

That's also really cool, and a good explanation for why the cultists stick with them.

Or we could keep it simple, just have them be sharing the same region of space or fighting over a key planet.

A Daemon Prince/Obliterator would be awesome, he could have Obliterators and Mutilators as an honour guard too! (Even though Mutilators don't come from the obliterator virus they're pretty much the same thing)

I second this. Obliterator Daemon Prince striving to become the ultimate weapon. Infiltrator units carry a syringe device they can use to implant a part of his DNA into unsuspecting victims, resulting in youtu.be/v5CSMQhFDaM

I don't know about the syringe thing, I like the whole suicide bomber aspect of it, it highlights that the warband doesn't give a shit about the cultists, they just find them useful.
Maybe they could capture someone and alter them to do it, but I feel like just sticking one syringe into them is too easy.
Of course, the explosion would be much more impressive than the one in the video. This is 40k, after all. It'd be more like this: youtube.com/watch?v=L14gzAUiZyQ

>Roight, so there I am, me an' Squigfist, up against one of them Khaoz beakies when his bolta jams up on him. So Squigfist, lousy git that he is, shots me in da back and goes da hit 'em with his choppa when dis humie runs up screamin' and jumps on him.
>Ol' Squigfist slams 'em to da and stabs 'em with his choppa, yellin' dat he's gonna get a twofer with one swing, when da humie explodes inta dis sqiggly bit o' claws 'n teeth dat rips Squigfist in half.
>So Squigfist is screamin' 'n getting his guts ate and me and da Khaoz beakie look at each other an' start laffin. Then I shoot da beakie in da face. True story boyz, swear ta Mork.

Take group of cultists, mainline the Obliterator virus in one, then the rest cut him up for guns and ammo when they're ready to strike.

Maybe the tendrils that explode out of them grabs whatever organic mass it can get and incorporates it into itself? That way they could basically manufacture chaos spawn

What's that program people use to generate colors for a color scheme?

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SUMMARY POST

What if we have biological beasts?

Like we are some beast master psycho pirates?

Yes yes. I'm an idiot.

But what about instead of mad scientists they are something more like this master breeders and forgers of Daemon engines

So we've got suicide bio-bomber infiltrators, Hyped up front line cultists... But what about the marines themselves? Are they just standard iron warriors, or is there anything we can do with them?

Daemon engines were another roll on the same table, so I assume they're different from biological experiments.

Well it can be assumed that there are more Mutilators and Obliterators than normal,maybe the whole warbands goal is to perfect the already powerful space marine biology?

How about they're all about improving themselves using a combination of cyborg parts and biotech, and aspire to the day that they can finally receive the Obliterator virus and become what they believe to be the perfect form. Which is why they're so devoted to chaos, because their personal Daemon Prince is their paragon of fucking shit up.

They've basically taken the "flesh is weak" mindset of the Iron Warriors and modified it to "unmodified flesh is weak". Given that the Obliterator virus itself is a merging of biological with technological, their obsession with improving themselves both ways fits pretty well.

Sounds awesome

What if there are like three types of cultists they use: the sleeper agents, the slightly modified shock troopers, and then another type that's pretty much chaos spawn.

The warband sees the suiciders as expendable assets that can be used. The shock troopers are also to be used, but those that prove themselves might be chosen to receive geneseed, like what this guy said: The chaos spawn they're actually somewhat affectionate towards, and treat them like hunting animals.

Question that I feel is pertinent in this situation; what happens if you introduce the Obliterator virus to a dreadnought?

A Helbrute

Bump

Now I can't get the image of a pen full of jovial chaos spawn playing fetch with a couple Space marines out of my head

>"Who's a good abomination! You are!"

So all in all, the Warband is convinced that the Obliterator Viirus is the key to human perfection and being infected with it and turning into an Obliterator/Mutilator is considered an honor. Furthermore, they have a massive cult following them which they use for Space Marine recruitment, biological suicide bombing, creation of pseudo Chaos Spawn, and experiments in general.

Sounds good?

I think we can boost their charisma. Basically make them Animal Man/Kraven the hunter types

I think going the Kennel Lords route with them could be prettt cool

Maybe they could have a charismatic poster guy to lure civilians and cultists in before brainwashing , makes sense since they have so many cultists

Eh...if we came from Word Bearerst I think that would be good, but these cultists could just be little more than redshirted, faceless, Cobra henchmen

True, they could just go to a daemon world and pick up a couple hundred every other day

Yea, I like it. Good mix of the mad scientist and beast master with the chaos spawn hunting hounds.

So these Guys are basically COBRA?

Complete with cultist uniforms

So, I've been working on a drawing of what the Obliterator Daemon Prince might look like.
You can't really see it well from the angle, but he's got a ton of Relic Weapons he's collected embedded in his back, that he pulls out whenever he wants to use them.

What do you guys think?

Fantastic! All the best parts of Obliterators but still with the stature of a Prince.

OP has returned. My internet had a stroke, but I'm proud to see Veeky Forums kept getting shit done in my absence.

I like the Cobra angle btw, I think it strikes a good mix between the Marines' derision to those below them but honor amongst the upper echelons.

Thanks user, looks good!

Glad you like it.

We need to figure out a name for these guys. I spent all morning trying and came up with zilch.
It should probably incorporate iron and flesh, or their search for perfection, or something to do with Obliterators.
The Iron Paragon? The Toothed Chasm? The Legion of the Eclipse?