ITT: Things that trigger Veeky Forums

I'll start.

Inui Takemaru.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fanfiction.net/s/10377231/1/Security
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The watering down of the English language as words with meaning get used as a buzzword by people who don't understand what they meant and the impact they had.

The only thing that triggers me is the command phrase.

A prominent transgender or non-white character is introduced into a popular long-running game setting.

Said transgender or non-white character is then praised by critics and seen as a bright new direction for the franchise, and while they continue adding (typically blonde) white female characters, the only males introduced are vaguely asexual, non-white, or viciously gay.

>the natural evolution of language

Veeky Forums is hardly alone in being triggered by this

Completely honest here.
>Anime-inspired characters.
They just make me feel like my tongue is made of cardboard whenever someone describes them. Like seriously, this is your creative outlet and you choose to just copy+paste something from a popular anime with nearly 0 changes? For shame.

>A prominent transgender or non-white character is introduced into a popular long-running game setting.

I only have a problem with this if it's literally:

A prominent stereotypical "progressive character" is introduced into a popular long-running piece of media. The character cannot be described without mentioning their sex/sexual orientation/gender as they have no other defining qualities, faults, etc.

An ordinary person is transported into a fantasy world; thankfully, their genre savvy knowledge grants them a massive edge over everyone else and they proceed to excel at everything they do!

Along this same vein:
>Some normal dude is inserted into the story with complete knowledge over the original story plot and proceeds to amaze and outsmart literally everyone until he runs out of useful info.

>The character cannot be described without mentioning their sex/sexual orientation/gender as they have no other defining qualities, faults, etc.

This, to be honest. It's possible to write a good character who has an unusual gender or sexual orientation or what have you. It's just rare, because there's some kind of ridiculous virtue-signalling competition on to make your characters as progressive and inclusive as possible, so we're seeing quantity over quality.

Okay, there's only one good example of that I've read. It's a Worm fanfiction called Security. Check it out: m.fanfiction.net/s/10377231/1/Security

This.

The Gamer, RE:Monster, and whatever else, it seems like there's no manga that can use the "gain the monster's power" ability well, or rather, the Power is implicitly broken.

That's the reason I'm okay with Alesha unlike a lot of people here, her being trans was an interesting look into the way mardu culture operates she wasn't just a tumblr snowflake transposed into the mtg verse.

>my power is that I can use all the other powers at full strength, learning them with a process that doesn't inconvenience me very much

Yeah, it's kinda inherently busted in relation to the other powers. Maybe if it was "I can use a very shitty version of each power, and even learning that is pretty difficult".

>Quests
>3.x D&D
>Fetishistic Sex

These things will set the autists on Veeky Forums off.

>it seems like there's no manga that can use the "gain the monster's power" ability well, or rather, the Power is implicitly broken.

Kirby comes to mind, but then again; Kirby has the intelligence of a Toddler, so he's penalized by just being really, really, dumb.

At least in the games, Kirby can only get one enemy's power at a time, and only by absorbing said enemy. So it has a kind of intrinsic balance to it.

Animangu handlebar elf ears are my sole Veeky Forums related trigger. It's an evolved race of creatures, not a god damn bicycle for skullfucking.
The only way this could be made to work is if the characters wise up and start doing things outside the scope of the original story that the character has little-to-no idea how to counter, and more importantly figure out that instead of different characters solving different plot threads, it's all this one fuckboi.
Unless you count Kirby 64 where he could mix powers, but even that's balanced by having some combos be inferior to others.

>It's an evolved race of creatures
Most of the time fantasy races and especially elves are hand crafted

IIRC the Overwatch team at Blizzard said, "Yes, at least one of the heroes is gay. No, we won't tell you which."

I know you can't normally do that with most things, but I think it was the right way to go. It doesn't matter and shouldn't really matter to anyone, whichever orientation *any* of them have. Making a big show of someone being gay (or what have you) defeats the purpose of including them at all: they're not a sideshow. If you want them to be normal while also being gay you can't put them on a pedestal and constantly yell about it because that's very much not normal.

It's not like overwatch characters have character to begin with

My money is on Torbjorn

Lesbian PCs and the inevitable shitstorm.

Luckily I run with an IRL all-male group so I was able to just say "listen guys we're banning them so it doesn't get creepy" and it became enough of a standard rule that even when a woman joined it stayed in place.

Their orientation clearly isn't relevant in the first place, that's as pandering as pandering gets.

No, that was their point. People kept asking, so they basically said, "Yeah, but it doesn't matter so that's all we're telling you."

Nah, its totally zenyatta

Smug idiots.

I can deal with people who are smug, and have earned their smugness. I can deal with people who are idiots, but smug idiots are impossible to deal with. Every argument with them devolves into them repeating their retarded opinion, thinking they've won, and nothing anyone can say will convince them otherwise.

The worst part is they tend to come in swarms. There are two particularly bad ones who post here every single fucking day, and it wouldn't be bad if they weren't retarded, but it's literally some barely coherent retard replying to every comment in the thread without having any idea what's going on.

The waifufication/bimbofication of every damn creature in the bestiary.

Winston is the only answer.