Warhammer 40k General

______ Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJl7UxCuvdc
youtube.com/watch?v=TBfWKmRFTjM
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if FW was in charge of codexes and art instead of GW?

Codices will cost 74 pounds.

We would have a significantly better game, but the pricetag would be even higher (but arguably, this time, justified).

There would be dioramas instead of art.

Nice out of date picture. Go check the fAQ.

Just passing through.

If the FAQ changed it, the burden is on you to provide pics and prove it.

You chuckle fucks moaning about art made me contact White Dwarf and go "yeah, people think the new art sucks".

The thing is, Digital Art has much more potential than hand drawn. To make a quality piece of DA is just as easy (or hard) as drawn art.

But here is the real problem. DA is fucking easy to skip corners, cheat and generally produce shit quicker, with the ability to hide imperfections with glaring light (Sakamichan does this and makes like $800k a year in patreon, I shit you not). If people put effort and time into their art, then the DA would look brilliant.

There was an AoS piece I saw, they did a cool graphic novel style piece. It wasn't perfect, but it was DIFFERENT. It had their own flair to it. But the recent shit, bar a few odd pieces, have been 'clean' and I'm pretty sure several pieces have copy and pasted models which were plopped in (Marvel did this as well in a Spiderman Comic lel).

If they took time, effort and were actual fans, rather than guys wanting cash and willing to do it cheap, we'd get amazing art. The last all round good DA I can remember was Shield of Baal.

Apart from that, it's hit and miss. The Seraphon art was so so awful bar like 4 pieces. They couldn't even copy and paste models right. It can't be explained as 'oh it's their own artistic twist' as the object they were drawing doesn't have the option to twist. It's not like a Chaos Prince or something.

Digital Art isn't inheriently bad, it's the people who use it that are bad. It doesn't help that all the artists who used to work for GW have either gone or have been side-lined. They drew for passion, not for money. The DA they do now seems to have so many people doing it for a pay cheque and a reference on their CV.

So basically, the strength of the guard lies in their versatility.

I recently started getting into WH40k because a friend bought me Soulstorm as a gift, since it was only $4 or so and I told him I was looking for a good quality RTS game. I've played exclusively Space Marine at my friend's recommendation, but I recently started playing Imperial Guard because of how far the basilisk can shoot blind and send units flying.

Is artillery any good in the tabletop?

Black Library NEVER EVER

What's the consensus on Angel's Blade?
I'd check the Blood Angels forum on the B&C but it's under maintenance.

Maybe someday ;-;

It's good if you have something that allows you to reroll your scatter dice. It can be very unreliable in my experience.

Helbrecht

or

A captain with Terminator armor, a Powerfist, the Shield Eternal, Digital Weapons and a Teleport Homer

Red books are cheaper than GW codices.

Oh yes, and yes with the artillery. The fluff for the Wyvern is also deliciously Imperium:

>The Hollow shells fired by the stormshard mortar are packed with thousands of inch-long steel flechettes, each industrially sharpened into the shape of an aquila.

Yes, even in something as trivial as the shape of submunitions the munitorum cannot resist putting eagles on everything!

As for the army as a whole? Yes, it is VERY versitile. But also very fragile and cheap (Leman Russ excluded). So don't put too many upgrades on anything, and don't bring anything onto the table you aren't prepared to lose. Look into the Cadian Supplement if you'd like to build a themed army: There's probably a formation for it, and nobody will accuse you of being OP if your using those formations because their bonuses are not too robust. Just things like rerolling vehicle damage, prefered enemy against guys on objectives, or extra orders for your infantry. None of the "Automatically Shoot rear armor" bullshit you see in the Tau Codex.

The table isn't as big at the DoW map, so basically in apocalypse and Hammer & Anvil it kicks ass, and in normal games it's fairly good but situational.

FAQ doesn't say anything dumbass.

Anyone have the Phodian Annihilation Swarm epub?

You talked a lot of shit about the Dark Angels in this rant... why?

Because they're fucking heretics

wait...
what?

>being this new

>epub
No, but I have the PDF if you are less faggishly-inclined.

So demiurg as battlebrothers for Tau when GW? Played them this weekend in battlefleet gothic and really want them now.

>Muttonchop dorfs
>Tons of drones
>wave force guns
>Mining lasers
>40k bentusi

God I really want space dwarves back....

Nice meme, bro.

yeah man im new to the hobby. help me understand.

He's not wrong. There are few Chapters that are as dickish and borderline traitors as the Dark Angels. They'll literally abandon highly important campaigns, leaving their allies to die, to chase after the possible mention of a single Fallen who was maybe sighted in bumfuck nowhere, to cover up the fact that half of them were LITERALLY fucking heretics because they're too buttblasted to just move on and do actual heroic things to make up for it.

First Legion more like Worst Legion.

The meme is that the Dark Angels are/have always been traitors in secret.

Ok. Let me give you the red pill.

The Dark Angels are loyal but its all a meme that people love to spew

Nth for Wolfgirl crewed Leman Russ tanks!

So I'm debating making a OC Chapter donut steal, based on the polish Winged Hussars. What chapter tactics should I use? What kind of color scheme should I do?

Should I just roll on the chapter creation tables?

Mantis warriors seems like a great idea. Move Through Cover, Furious Charge, Hammer of Wrath. All as your chapter tactics. Consider gluing cute wing pylons on top of all your tactical marines, and bring a shitload of veteran sergeants all kitted out for melee combat.

Also, since you're doing this. Go completely all out. Bottom half of the model RED. Top half WHITE. Literally POLISH FLAG marines.

That is not a Leman Russ crewed by wolfgirls. It is a swarm of grey goo micromachines that stole the head of a mannequin from the local clothes shop and then formed into the rough shape of a Leman Russ.

You can tell because its all grey.

Don't let these guys lie to you like that, new guy, (((Dark Angels))) players are not to be trusted. They're fucking heretics.

Not like the glorious and handsome Space Wolves with whom I am in no way affiliated.

I actually was thinking about bike-heavy. Re-enact the charge of Vienna.

Holy shit there's actually some guy butchering perfectly good, highly expensive 40k models by greenstuffing cringey furshit onto them.

Humanity needs to be purged.

That's not all he's doing.

Bonus points if you have a bunch of guys on motorcycles with melta bombs!

Your shit is cancer.

Promptly end your life please.

Raptors user, I have to say.

I don't respect you anymore. You truly are cancer.

Oh quit crying you pansies he can do what he likes. Plus he's probably posting them online just to get a reaction out of you.

Hell I'd play him IRL just because the effort he puts into the kitbashing eclipses 70% of my FLGS. Lazy bums can't even be bothered to lay down a primer let alone a basecoat.

Too bad. I'm still making more. I will keep making more, until you die from Super Cancer of your everything. And then when this thread is filled rancid with tumors, I will continue shitposting about monstergirls.

Yeah if someone put these down on a table in front of me I would not play against them.

>triggered by animal girls
>on the board for "getting over my horrid reality by retreating into fantasy worlds" board

this one goes out to you, weebcuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=oJl7UxCuvdc

Man,I remember Micro machines

>not weebcuck
>in 2016

So somebody explain Retribution Phalanx to an idiot like me? Last game our guy was just plopping them within 3" on his Overlord. We just found the FAQ and saw that instead they come in Deep Strike....within 3" and dont scatter. So excuse my ignorance as a newer player but whats the difference from before? Or am I misreading this and they really do scatter?

I have no problems with his heretical army choice.
I have a huge problem with his shit conversions.

This is a legitimate complaint

I've never seen any of his /d/marines with a drop of paint on them though.

I don't so much mind his little conversions being posted it's when the other furfags get riled up and start arguing about "sharkgirls >>>> tapir girls" and "your mothgirl waifu a shit"

Post relevant pics, I'm not going to dig up a fucking scan of the cron codex and then hunt through the FAQs to help you be less retarded.

Lore question: has the Genestealer Cults fluff reversed the order of mutations in generations of offspring? I could've sworn they started as human and increasingly became Purestrain before, rather than coming out horrendous hybrids that increasingly become human before then rnadomly giving birth to Purestrains.

get rekt

youtube.com/watch?v=TBfWKmRFTjM

Yeah, I saw it in the MEGA. No, thanks.

None of my monstergirls have paint because I'm still painting my Raptors... I have 9000 points of raptors needing paint, I'm not about to start painting the monstergirls until I've at least put a sizable dent in this collection.

bottom of the FAQ.
Formation card literally just says if they get wiped out deploy them within 3" of your Overlord at the start of your turn.

>getting "rekt"
>on Veeky Forums
>in 2016

If he'd paint them, he and another player could get a "Future-Narnia vs the Imperium" Campaign going. I would watch the shit out of that!

The very first victim is human. They bring a mate to the Genestealer who hypnotizes them as well, and the two spawn a first generation hybrid, which are horrific monstrosities that the hypnotized victims dote on.

First generation hybrids are bred with a human mate, as are second, third, and fourth, resulting in increasingly human hybrid offspring until the 5th generation, which spawns as a Purestrain Genestealer.

This is the way it has always been.

i hope ur weebshrine gets raped by a pack of googles

Wait, people actually cite these First Draft FAQs?

>Having a Shrine
>in 2016

So what was the question again? This seems pretty clear to me.

What am I doing wrong with the epubs from the mega?

I've tried three different readers and I either get only an eighth of a page at a time, ENORMOUS letters with no ability to zoom out or a unit entry with pictures but no words or numbers.

Have you tried using readium for chrome?

you play tau dont you?

Jesus, this question gets asked every thread:

If you're on PC, use Readium.

Where would we find a newer one? Again fairly new at this.

Seconded. Readium is solid.

Close!

You won't find a new one. Go ahead and use the First Draft version if you want but they're first drafts for a reason. No one really uses them until they're out of draft format.

Yes, they're tournament enforced and everything.

What about android?

Well our question is that how exactly do the returning models deploy? Before he was just plopping them withing 3" of his HQ and running from there. Whats confusing is is the " Use the rules for deep strike; first model placed within 3' BUT the rest of the unit does NOT scatter." How is that different from him just plopping them down on the table? Feed us ignorant masses please?

REAL

FIRED

UP

That doesn't really mean anything.

Okay then enjoy your dreads going back to 2 attacks.

Better relics, but since the rules specify they're only for the Death Company detachment, they're shit. Since ONLY Chaplains can take them. Meaning, ultimately, you go with Gilded Crozius. It also doesn't make ANY sense a Chaplain would drop his Crozius for a 2 Handed Sword. Also, 30 points for Counter-Attack is shit. Especially since Space Wolves get it for free (though Space Wolves do have the best ASR due to it, so, not a surprise).

Golden Host is shit (though it's fun for breaking canon, as you can take 3-5 groups of Sanguinary Guard, which can be 5-10 in number, meaning legally you can take 50 Sanguinary Guard... there is only 30 in BA's (and possibly 30 in every successor).

Battle Demi-Company is very good, only because RAW, you gain +2I in total. One from taking Angel's Blade Strike Force detachment and one from the Battle Demi-Company (though it obviously only applies to them). Essentially, as I said, giving +2I when you charge. Which is, obviously, very good.

Archangels Demi-Company is meh. It's more Deep Strike and Reserve Roll buffs which are gotten elsewhere.

10th Company Ambush Force is neat. Especially with 4 Sniper Rifles + Missile Launcher per squad. Stick them in cover and stay still. Picking off stuff.

Chapter Ancients is very neat, allowing you to get another shooting/attack phase in one turn, once per game. Especially since ALL Space Marine Dreads have 4A base now. Meaning Librarian Dreads can rape it up. With Quickening, they can get +D3 I/A and Fleet. I can't remember if ML1 can activate Force AND cast a power in same turn, but since Quickening is a Blessing, you can just use Force next turn. Meaning, assuming perfect rolls, 8A at S10 with Force. Neat. Obviously also good with Furioso's and regulars.

Stormraven Squadron is a neat fluffy formation, but outside extremely tough units or huge deathstars, it's a bit useless. As you're forced to fire ALL of their Stormstrike Missiles at that target. Which could be anything from 8-16.

>I2
>a weeb race
wait.. actually that makes sense, since weebs are all fat and retarded.

This.
I'm trying to use them on my tablet as I travel 20 minutes to play with my friends. Every epub file I own works fine EXCEPT the mega uploads from this thread.

You should say what tablet you have. If it's not iOS, then you're gonna have issues with epub3 files.

Try these links. Newer and verified, unlike the old copypasta that somehow keeps on going. Despite many of the links not working properly..

1Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

>Forgeworld Book index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

>wasting perfectly good, expensive models
>don't even scrape off sprue connections or mold lines properly

No movement or assault, difficult terrain check as dangerous.

Use Kobo faggot.

It'd be better, or at least memeier, if he just went full BUSTY

Here is my 1500 Raven/Deathwing list that I have been running.
It's been more fun and less oppressive than my previous pure Ravenwing list.
Hoping it is well rounded enough to take any other armies I face.
The DW Strike Force is running better with the Dread instead of a second Termi-Squad.
Not sure if the DW command Squad needs the Banner though.
I prefer them to strike onto entrenched objectives and use use them to shoot.
Any suggestions would be great.
My thoughts for moving up in points will either be 500pts of Greenwing to help round me off for Objective Based games or some more Ravenwing like a Support Squadron or a few more Black Knights.

DWSF

HQ:
Terminator Armoured Librarian (130pts)
>Level 2, Foe Smiter, Force Axe
ELITE:
Deathwing Command Squad (250pts)
>Cyclone Missile Launcher, Apothecary, Deathwing Company Banner, 5x Deathwing Terminators
Venerable Dreadnought (160pts)
>Multi-Melta, Powerfirst

RWSF

HQ:
Interrogator-Chaplain on bike(160pts)
>Mace of Redemption, Auspex
ELITE:
Ravenwing Command Squad (290pts)
>6x Black Knights, Apothecary, Ravenwing Company Banner, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher
FAST:
Ravenwing Bike Squad (115pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav
Darkshroud (80pts)
>Heavy Bolter

1st Attack Squadron

Ravenwing Landspeeder (65pts)
>Multimelta, Heavy Bolter
Ravenwing Attack Bike
>Multimelta

2nd Attack Squadron
Ravenwing Landspeeder (75pts)
>Typhoon Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter
Ravenwing Bike Squad (115pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav

1500/1500

>$30 dollars
>expensive

Oh that IS a big deal. So he can only safely place them in open ground unless they have move through cover. He was placing scarabs in ruins 3" out then getting them into assault in one turn. That helps alot.

>lol muh monsters

They look like shit and nobody cares.

Well guess I'm fucked as I don't own any apple products.
Thank you sir.

You care enough to be this flustered about it.

Lucifer Armoured Task Force is neat. It gives all Preds and Land Raiders overcharged engines for free. Meaning they all have Fast. They also get Scout. The problem, obviously, is that in 5th, Preds and co had Scout by default. Now it's only possible via a formation. But, since taking x3 Baal Preds in a squadron now gives you the ability to re-roll failed wounds of 1, means you're better off with it.

The Death Company Strike Force is arguably one of the best, as it allows all models in the formation to get +1A when they're within 12" of the Death Company Chaplain. This bonus also applies to the Death Company Dreads. Which means, when you charge, you're doing +3A, potentially +4A if you have two melee weapons, +5A if you cast the pysker power on them. So, if I remember correctly, would mean a potential 7A.

The best formation, in my opinion?

Archangel Orbital Intervention Force.

3 Units of Terminator Squads and or Terminator Assault Squads.

Must all be held in reserve, when making reserve rolls, make a single roll for the entire formatio. On a successful roll, all of the units in the formation arrive via Deep Strike Reserve.

Terminator Squads in the formation can shoot TWICE on the turn they arrive via Deep Strike. It doesn't have to be at the same target. Terminator Assault Squads can charge on the turn they arrive via Deep Strike Reserve, but it always counts as a disorganised charge.

This is useful regardless of the type you use. Assault Squads can tie up powerful shooting units. Terminators can dakka down pretty much any infantry unit. Shooting twice with Assault Cannons/Heavy Flame Cannons and Storm Bolters is neat in my opinion.

The best bit? It can be taken as part of the Lost Brotherhood Strike Force det +1I on charge and immediately after setting up units from the deatchment during deployment, you can move 6" as if they were making a move in a movement phase (unit can't run thou). Though Reserve units can't get this benefit

>Well guess I'm fucked as I don't own any apple products.
sounds like a good life choice

Google books works for me.