>"Book says they're evil, SMITE!"
>Paladin encounters human assasin
>"Book says assasins are evil, SMITE!"
>Paladin encounters horde of barbarians
>"They're probably evil, SMITE!"
>Paladin encounters nest of a baby dragon
>"It's probably an evil dragon, SMITE!"
>Paladin encounters succubus
>"Wait a minute. Maybe... evil doesn't need to be a hard set rule on all things. Maybe... redemption can be earned by even those most wicked?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zBxzuTWiCKo?t=47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on the setting

>Using alignment
You did this to yourself

What kind of setting has everything EXCEPT for the literal demon be irredemable?

>Paladin encounters OP
>"Book says they're a faggot, SMITE!"

>more daily shitty jojo spam

What is wrong with you? Why so diligent with spamming jojo on a traditional game board?

That would be a "shitty player". As hard as it is to believe, they exist.

>Paladin tries to redeem succubus
>Gets his soul sucked out through his dick
>Spends the rest of eternity getting assfucked by hell knight horsecock

so like, is jojo's hat part of his hair or vice versa?

My personal theory is that its some kind of symbiotic lifeform.

So, there's no downside is what you're saying...

>paladin is a fighter who casts divine magic
>cleric is a divine magic who casts fight
wtf

Meta-gaming is bad. This includes using outside knowledge to determine what creatures are evil or not.
If you want to know things about the setting or the creatures within, roll a knowledge check.

What if the books are his holy books ?

The answer is TITS.

My next step is
>make succubus ugly as shit under an illusion
>make goblins qt shortstacks that are still backstabbing assholes
WHAT NOW FAGS

>make succubus ugly as shit under an illusion
They become the Tumblrite of demons.
>make goblins qt shortstacks that are still backstabbing assholes
Not muh fetish for the paladin, see original ruling for Goblinoids.

Yes.

His point is the player's cock will overwhelm them.

All other races/categories are also waifu, of course.
Both genders too.

I'm gonna keep trying until I hit something.

It's a visor and he shapes his hair like that

Trials in Tainted Space?

>using outside knowledge to determine bluh bluh bluh I'm a retard
If something is real in a setting and actively kills people all the fucking time, nearly every person in that world outside of an actual caveman from a cave will know about that thing. There is a ton of shit irl that ISN'T REAL and yet everyone knows about them, that's where all these myths about dragons and ghosts and demons came from in the first fucking place.
Your response is 'a hurr durr peasants in a medieval world don't know anything, they're all retarded and eat their own poop and kill each other all day because no technology'

>players ask you to please, please contain your magical realm three races in

What would Smite Evil look like if cast on something non-evil? Would the target just burst into very bright, but ultimately harmless, flame?

I typically assume the DUES VULT guy isn't the one that wants to redeem succubi unless he's a particularly shitty person. Either way it would be stupidly easy for a GM to fuck with him
There's a lot of theories out there. I personally believe it has a back that's similar to that of a trucker hat, which is why it seems almost normal when he takes it off, but his hair seems to blend with it when worn

Absolutely nothing occurs. Only time the smite actually causes an effect, it's often portrayed as a searing beam of light from above. Even in caves.

>>cleric is a divine magic who casts fight
durr

"...Fiiiine, you can travel through here here and here to leave the lands commanded by not-aphrodite"

In 5th ed it's less "smite evil" and more "smite", but I don't think that's really the problem the OP has

youtu.be/zBxzuTWiCKo?t=47s

it's... evidently just half of a hat.

The kind of setting where only lawful hot dickings can cause alignment change, and the paladin has a fetish for demons.

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be an oddly formatted CoDzilla joke.

No nigga.
I cast fight.
Its a mix of Frenzy, Bull Strength and Mass Fear.
I used to make that spell all the time in Oblivion, Boosts everyones Strength and Con to ridiculous levels and then makes them attack everything near them for a good minute or so.

>paladin encounters any evil creature
>offers chance of redemption via penance
>if not accepted, SMITE

sorted

>Paladin encounters succubus
>"WHEREVER I GO, I MUST ALSO SMITE FUCKING DEMON FUCKING SHITS REEEE"
>Find baker's daughter
>"YOU'VE CHEATING YOUR HUSBAND, BOOKS SAYS YOU'RE BOTH EVIL."

he just ripped off the back half of his hat so it won't fuck up the hair on the back of his head

Is he Shia or Sunni?

i hate paladins and the people who play them

>>using outside knowledge to determine bluh bluh bluh I'm a retard
Could you be any more autistic? Meta gaming is bad. Sure, everyone knows that monsters are evil, but when you're bringing outside knowledge in that you're just a flaming faggot.

The assassin example in the OP is a good one, what if the assassin is killing with good intent? Your metagaming just caused your god to fuck your ass with lightning. Be less autistic next time you reply to someone calling them a retard.

>when you're bringing outside knowledge in that you're just a flaming faggot.

forgot the like between "in" and "that"

i think the joke is that the thought didnt occur to him until something hot was there

>not using detect evil as a boner killer
Shit paladin desu

It's a reaction image, why are you so angry? Good grief.

>Paladin's liege lord at war with neighbouring duchy
>Duke also has a paladin in his service
>These two paragons of law and goodness meet on the battlefield
>Without hesitation, they duel to the death in the name of their respective lords
>Not one accusation of "EVIL" is flung as they are both gentlemen and peers of the aristocracy

Maybe the succubi are just good at their jobs.

>champions of the Gods
>fighting for the sake of inbreds who were born into their stations, having a scuffle in which they send the people under their charge to die in their stead
>not speaking out against the misery their lack of foresight heaps upon the defenseless
>not touring the land, preventing the abuses that come with warfare and the vanquishing of settlements
>not forcing the two men to come to terms diplomatically and without further bloodshed
>being a member of an ever-diminute caste and throwing your life away over a self-aggrandizing display for the sake of mouthbreathers awwing at the shiny knights and how that gives them some extra pluck

Is this your first day in Paladin school?

>thread is literal shitpost
>right down to unrelated anime image from tumblr and weak bait statement (waifu edition)
>faggots don't report, don't sage, but respond with their own shitposting
>quests needed to go, tho

The Paladin was an incubus in disguise using smites as an excuse to perpetuate violence

>what if the assassin is killing with good intent?
In DnD, it can be argued that "good" and "evil" are natural, observable forces. In that case, good intent or not, if his alignment is "evil", he is. Thus, smite.

You're a paladin. You only have one lord and that is the Lord.

The question is why all assassins are evil. I mean, assassins who kill for money, perhaps, but assassins who kill for ideological reasons could be basically as justified as your average paladin, or at least your average good-aligned fighter or rogue.

I can just imagine paladins discussing economics at length before cheerily dueling to the death if they can't come to an agreement.

Assuming we're talking D&D FR stereotypes here, Assassins usually employ methods favored by the evil Gods of the setting (shadows, poisons, treachery, etc). So, they're evil as per the cosmology and its domains.

How I generally decide my smiting.
>Are they trying to kill me?
If so smite away
>If they aren't trying to kill me are their deeds ultimately evil?
If so try to reform and if that fails eventually smite them when I get the chance
>If they are subdued are they too big a threat to spare (eg. ancient evil that can destroy the world, lich who could easily go back to evil)?
If yes smite

Captured goblin? Might send him off threatening to kill him like I did his friends if he ever commits acts of evil again or take him along as a traveling companion (carry some shit, help me don my armour, clean my weapons, be a fun companion). If it is some asshole duke who is helping us now but is still a raping, murdering, fucking with innocents asshole I will try to reform him and when that fails I will wait until we don't need him and probably smite him or manipulate politics to replace him. If the BBEG who nearly destroyed the world surrenders I'm just smiting him without listening to his pleading.

>quests needed to go, tho...

Quests being here would not stop these threads, and yes, they needed to go.

Quests weren't Veeky Forums related, and board quality has greatly improved since they got their own containment board..

I dunno, antiquestfags argued long and hard that quests pushed threads out, and occupied the front page.

If they were here now, this thread wouldnt get any front page time and, according to antiquestfags, would get no responses.

Man shitposting has gone up like 300% since quests left.

Especially board police demanding worldbuilders go to Veeky Forums

But they were totally related, user.

>Paladin's god is tired of SMITE'ing for Paladin
>God SMITES pileadim (no typo)

>Successful succubus is successful
Yes and?

He does pic related, clearly.

I thought Paladins were Christian.

>Paladin encounters world
>"Book says they're evil, SMITE!"
>New order of Paladins dedicated to destroying the fabric of reality.

Your blade/fist/arrow gets charged with white-hot, mystical light... that does fuck all.

>Salty questfags STILL angry about being kicked off Veeky Forums

Back in the gas chamber, questfag.

>Redemption can be earned by even those most wicked"
I'm starting to believe the most widespread version of the scripture has a small typo somewhere around this sentence.

Have you read the Paladin's holy book? Studied their commentaries and apocrypha?

Then don't presume to criticize the Paladin's smiting priorities. The church of unnamed god might have a long history of redeeming succubi and nothing else.

>implying Christians still have proper crusades
>implying a proper modern Christian paladin isn't the morality police soccer moms

>
This is a valid point to the option of perhaps not playing D&D?
Also, why not let him charm and fuck the succubus and while they're sexing let him accidentally activate SMiTE when he cums and blow a hole straight through her. That'll teach him to succumb to your magical realm.

What do modern Christians have to do with Christianesque paladins of vaguely-old-history-themed fantasy?

well the post was in response to the question asked, and because I am amerifat I associate the distinction with the modern era.

>fanatics utterly convinced that their way is the only way and evildoers must be killed

let's be honest, paladins are muslims.

OP, is there a story behind this?

kek

>implying everyone isn't evil
>implying Evil isn't just stains on the pure white canvas of Good
>implying every being isn't born with some sort of original sin
>implying complete redemption is even possible
>implying the heart of every being doesn't harbor Evil in some capacity, and the only difference is how hard you have to look to find it
>implying the "white" exists, and not only "shades of black"
The only way for Evil to not exist is for Good to not exist either. After all, it is Good that is the "canvas" of Evil. Just like shadow cannot exist without a source of light, so Evil cannot exist without Good to compare it with.

So the solution to exterminating Evil is succumbing to the Void.

Embrace the Void.
For there is nothing more just than nothingness.

Assassin, the prestige classe is evil only. A guy who discretly enter in the BBEG lair to cut his throat to protect a village can be good. I think the book of exalted deeds had option to make a good assassin.

Wait, does it just slide through as though it's not there, doing no damage, does it hit like a normal sword, or does it bounce off like it was a rubber/nerf sword?

>born into their stations
Fool, those stations are god-given.

>I'm in highschool and this is deep

Hello, "in highschool and this is deep", I'm Dad.

Top kek

>Wait, does it just slide through as though it's not there, doing no damage, does it hit like a normal sword, or does it bounce off like it was a rubber/nerf sword?

No. The holy light does nothing. You just hit someone with a few kg of sharp steel.

>champions of the Gods
That would be favoured souls or clerics. Paladins are the model of chivalrous knights. Orders from your liege lord are orders, and any man who calls himself a paladin who breaks an oath is no paladin at all.
>You're a paladin. You only have one lord and that is the lord you swore fealty to.
>FTFY.
This is assuming they swore fealty to a ruler to begin with.
This raises the question of who impugned whose honour, unless their liege-lords sent them to negotiate terms, of course.

>original sin
Only if your God is a colossal scrotum

Sounds good to me.
While it depends on the setting, it's important for the DM to get across some of the facts about monsters and beings - they want to eat us or worse.

Shame on the player for not executing the temptation very well, shame on you the DM for not presenting your world or game very well. You have to work with your players and establish ideas for how they are motivated and operate and why.

Ideals -> Actions -> Alignment.

Not the other way around.

>orders from your liege are orders
The Paladin Code allows the Paladin to refuse an order that is not righteous or just, nor are Paladins beholden to their lord above their Code. They are the Knights of their Gods, and any who'd dare turn their vows against them are to be smitten at the pain of losing their divine connection.

Why does he have Tumblr gender symbols on his hat?

Could be a paladin of a deity of love, they love that shit.

Sounds like a good setup for a character arc where the paladin either (a) is seduced into falling by the succubutt, or (b) learns to overcome some of his vices (namely, lust and wrath).