A space marine finds a child holding a lasgun...

>A space marine finds a child holding a lasgun, next to a dead guardsman and a dead tyranid with a lucky shot through it's carapace.

What happens?

He probably keeps moving, because I doubt he'd be there if there isn't still shit to kill

Depends on the Chapter. In quite a few, that's a backstory for a new Marine.

What chapter?

Some chapters might want to make this child kill other children to see if it could become a neophyte.

Some marines in yellow might find some handy work for it to do.

If marine doesn't belong to one of the oh so few chapters who don't treat vanilla humans as less than dirt, he keeps walking.
If he IS a Salamander, for example, he might take the kid to safety, but that really depends on the situation.
I don't believe any marine would compromise the mission to save one fucking kid.

If you hoped someone would tell they will make a space marine out of him, then I'm sorry.

At the absolute best - and this is assuming the kid's parents were employees of the Adeptus Terra (guardsmen for example)m kid might wind up in the Schola Progenium.

The child will be taken to safety, possibly perched atop one of the Marine's pauldrons.

He's a solider, not a superhero, he renders assistance if possible and otherwise continues to carry out his mission as directed.

Except thats wrong, you fucking retard. A considerable number of Chapters use children as the basis for future space marines.

If it was an Ultramarine for instance who picked up said kid, there is a very high chance the kid would either be make a chapter serf or be full on gene-tested to become a space Marine.

There are entire planets which are basically Lord of the Flies style shit where children are raised as death machines to become Astartes.

>children are raised as death machines to become Astartes
This is nowhere fucking near the situation OP describes.
A fucking chimp can kill people if you give it an AK. That doesn't mean chimps are recruited into the fucking army.

The HUMAN CHILD had the initiative and balls to seize a DEAD persons weapon and face down an ALIEN KILLING MACHINE and kill it.

I think you're missing the significance of the situation.

I'm sorry but a child who kills a fucking tyranid is at least becoming a meat shield in the Guard or as a Chapter Serf. The question of whether the child becomes a full Marine or not is mostly a matter of whether the Marine who finds him is sentimental enough to say he should be trained and genetically tested for the possibility of becoming a Marine.

Keep in mind that space marines lost a LOT of applicants to incompatibility with the gene seed, or by deaths as scouts. It isn't exactly a huge drain on resources to say "Yeah throw this kid into the meat grinder and see if he's Smurf material."

Hell I'm pretty sure there is canon circumstances nearly identical to this.

The situation you describe doesn't sound similar at all.

It's not a guarantee, but depending on the characteristics of the child and the Chapter in question I could see them being picked up as a possible recruit.

Honestly it probably depends on what the Chapter uses as a recruitment tool. If they're a Chapter that has a set planet they recruit from and a ritual that goes along with it, they wouldn't be as likely to pick up whatever they find. A fleetbased Chapter that recruits from all over and bases recruitment more on living conditions could be different.

The kid killed a fucking Tyranid with a lasgun. That gets him a passing glance at least.

Actually, this becomes a fun question if you spin around who it is that finds him.

What if the Sororitas finds him? The guard? What if instead the kid got a lucky shot on an ork warboss and just killed it in front of it's lackies?

WHY DID YOU KILL THIS GUARDSMAN, CHILD?

We played a deathwatch game where a human psyker ended up becoming a Nob in a war bosses WAAGH! Basically, Nobs were decided in a gladiatorial fight to the death thing, and they tossed her in there as a joke. She ended up frying all the competition, and the warboss was too stubborn to change his mind so he made her a Nob.

It definitely fucked with the lore but it was funny to have a psyker who was constantly shitting her pants and practically jumping in our arms when we showed up.

Shame the Black Templar killed her.

I realize the odds of this are extremely slim, but I still like the idea of the Orks making a human child the new Warboss. Because either

>Its a girl, in which case it becomes a story about a bunch of brutes being civilized and increasingly frustrated by the strange prettifying commands of their new leader. OR

>Its a boy, in which case its exactly what you think would happen if you gave a young boy his own army of meatshields
>You are now imagining the look on a commisar's face when he realizes his enemy is a horde of Orks rallying behind some 10 year old painted green who keeps screaming about how "Iz da strongest dere iz!"

If Guard or Sororitas find them they likely get sent to some kind of care facility, unless their parents were Imperial servants, in which case they get sent to a Schola Progenium as another user said.

>orks
I imagine the warband gains a new boss for the short time it takes before the child gets pulped for failing a test of either brutality or kunnin.

I might use this idea for a grimderp game I'm eventually going to run. Or just throw it in a deathwatch game just for kicks.

>doesn't mean chimps are recruited into the fucking army

I wish that was true.

Think of it like this; The kid was found and the warboss just kinda pointed at him and was like "HA! Look at dis tiny little humie!" And the kid shot at just the right time. Bolt went down the ork's gullet, melted him from the inside, and all the other orks are left wondering what the fuck just happened as their warboss starts coughing up boiling blood and keels over.

Then one of the boyz shouts "Boss iz dead! Long live da boss!"

but what Tyranid?
a Gaunt?
that's like shooting a big dog
a Carnifex?
I would consider taking that lasgun for myself

>Some marines in yellow might find some handy work for it to do.

Why are the fists such assholes? Literally every other first founding loyal chapter is cool with their Serfs but the Fists treat them all like shit, despite Dorn being pretty chill

I like to imagine that this is the basic premise of "BROTHER-CAPTAIN VANDRICK AND FRIENDS," a simultaneously heartwarming and horrifying children's show produced by the Departmento Propagandicorum of some Space Marine chapter's homeworld.

a swarmlord
or a bio titan

I'm now imagining this kid is either blessed by the emperor or Tzeentch decided to fuck around for lulz, and every time this kid shoots he kills whatever he was aiming for in the most improbable way.

>Hits a chink in a carnifex's skin, kills it in one shot
>Shoots a warboss down the throat while it's gloating, melts it from the inside
>Take a potshot at a chaos lord leading a charge. Shoots the heretical artifact on it's belt, causing a rift in the warp that tears the entire chaos force into pieces before disappearing

Either that kid's going to the Progenium and gets declared a living saint, or that little fucker's getting his own chapter.

>Kid shoots a biotitan with a lasgun.

Good luck getting Sly Marbo to pay alimony

>Chapter Master Bings.

what if he defeated a transcendant c'tan of 1000 shards with a lasgun

Marines Malevolent are yellow. Maybe he was referring to them

>+++Journal of Commissar Anthemius+++
>+++11.21.994.M49+++

>In the aftermath of our sweep through the fallen city, Private Galan returned with a young boy in tow. The child, probably no more than 10, was carrying a lasgun
>After demanding an explanation for the misuse of regimental resources, I was told that the child was found with it, next to a dead PDF soldier and a dead Gaunt.
>Private Galan then made the ridiculous request that I allow the child to stay with the regiment. Before I could reprimand him for attempting to waste regiment resources, a hidden Carnifex leaped from the rubble of a destroyed building towards me
>I reached for my gun but knew I was too slow. As I saw the Xenos' claw reach for me, however, a bolt of lasfire struck it directly in the eye. The beast screeched in pain as I could hear the sound of it's flesh sizzling, a perfect shot to the wretched thing's brain.
>I turned to commend Provate Galan for his quick reflexes, when I saw the child he brought holding up the lasgun, still sparking.
>Permission to keep the child for "Regiment morale" has been granted until further notice. On the condition that he share Private Galan's rations.

>+++Journal of Commissar Anthemius+++
>+++11.23.994.M49+++

>The child has been widely accepted within the regiment. Troops have taken to calling him "Sparky" for the Sparks his lasgun makes around the focal lense.
>Thinking the weapon damaged, I instructed Private Galan to take "Sparky"'s lasgun to Senior Enginseer Magtinius for repair
>Apparently, Private Galan brought the child with him.
>Senior Enginseer Magtinius has filed an official complaint over the misuse of Imperial weaponry, citing the age of it's wielder.
>Apparently Magtinius was not willing to wait for my formal response, as he approached me this morning to press the matter.

>About halfway through the discussion, the alarm was raised that Ork forces were approaching our encampment
>A raiding party, led by a poweraxe-wielding Nob.
>Battle ensued. Our position was heavily fortified, but the orks were greater in number.
>The enginseer was by my side when the Nob began charging our line of defense. The Nob opened it's maw in a battlecry, and then it happened again.
>A red bolt of lasfire flew past us, directly into the Ork's open maw. It held it's throat and coughed, liquidized organs falling out before it slumped over.
>Their morale broken, the greenskins retreated from battle
>When the Enginseer and I turned around to find the source of the shot, there he was again. The child, shaking in fear, holding his sparking lasgun.

>Senior Enginseer Magtinius has replaced his complaint with a formal request to analyze the lasgun's properties
>Permission has been granted.

Gonna head to sleep. If anyone actually wants more, I'll write more after I wake up.

Most probably the child gets the Officio Assassinorum attention
Dude/gal shows Vindicare-tier skills

that would make an awesome picture

they'd make him a saint because he just defeated some GEoM-tier entity with a fucking lasgun

Sniping down more xeno scum along the way!

New conscript.

Gaunts are closer to small cows in size than dogs. Also being armoured enough o take small arms fire, run faster than marines and be intelligent enough to set up traps and ambushes and respond intelligently

>the kid is adopted by the fucking grimlords of krieg

a gaunt is more than a match for a trained, well-equipped soldier in CQC, so if a normal human took one down, it would actually be a pretty good acheivement

>Shame the Black Templar killed her.

Why are Black Templars so shit?

>A fucking chimp can kill people if you give it an AK. That doesn't mean chimps are recruited into the fucking army.
This us nowhere fucking near the situation OP describes.
A chimp couldn't kill a tyranid with a lasgun, much less an AK, and human children, unlike monkeys, can in fact gene tested.

Problem is that unless it's a recruiting world, that doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter if the child has balls or not, what matters is physical aptitude.

Even a cripple can pull a trigger.
If the child had killed something with a knife or something, that'd be a different thing entirely.

In reality though, I'd think it would be similiar to a situation where a gretchin managed to kill a warboss with a lucky shot.

Meaning the orks would laugh at the boss who got stomped by a Gretchin and then they'd fight who'd be the next boss.

Ya mongs, he was talking about the Lamenters.

Because they are absolute lunatics.

PURGING WITH MY KIIIIIIIIN!

How come they made Dorn unappreciative of them anyway? They follow his fuck the codex mindset.

Much appreciated

Execute the child for heresy, execute the child's family for heresy, execute all witnesses for heresy, and call the fleet for Exterminatus just to be certain.
GRIMDAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!

because they cannot even into building defences? they just charge in and reduce their opponents to quivering bloody piles of potato salad.

And that's not the nice high class potato salad either, it's the manky gloopy stuff you get in tins.

But that's the proper state for the enemies of Man.

If it's a Lementers Marine, then sure the kid would be saved. They're the legit good guys of grimdark, and their chapter gets shat on for it

Why are you massively overstating how tough a gaunt is? In fluff especially they are nothing but fodder for small arms fire.

Was Dorn unappreciative? All he said was that the Black Templars were absolutely insane. Which is an accurate assessment of the hate fueled murder crusaders

Have you SEEN the size of a Gaunt? It's another one of those cases of Worf Effect when every soldier above a guardsman is a demigod of murder by modern standards.

A gaunt is to a child is like a fucking rabid bengal tiger wearing a kevlar vest, possibly holding a machine gun.

Eh, maybe he wasn't being unappreciative, since he displays all the emotion of a brick wall.

Thats not how this works, thats not any of this works.
If a warboss gets killed by a leman russ, the orks aren't going to start calling that tank "boss".
Likely any orks nearby would have mulched the child into a chunky mist with slugga fire as the child was taking the fateful shot.

If that somehow didn't happen, the next biggest Nob would probably just immediately declare himself the boss, and have the kid's head as a trophy.

That is of course assuming its like a "random little kid takes a lucky shot with a lasgun" situation, and not Cold Steel the Edgehog OC donut steal kid with sunglasses and a backwards cap.

Yeah but thats everyone elses wank. Tyranid fluff describes them like what he said. Its just all the other fluff that describes dudes mowing down zillions of gaunts make them seem like they'd be low level trash mobs, specially since they pack so close together that it leads to "fish in a barrel" type situations. But the average guardsmen would be FUCKED one on one with a gaunt in close quarters.

>I don't believe any marine would compromise the mission to save one fucking kid.

in Honor to the Dead a bunch of Ultramarines decided to take a woman and her baby to an extraction zone on Calth, the woman died along the way but the kid lived

through it was mostly one marine convincing the others to not be dicks and that protecting humanity should always be their number one priority

While a child will obviously be a lot weaker then Orks what if it will outkunn them all?

With an unpredictable child's mind he can try tounderstand and even outsmart Orks

This is why we all love them

In a universe as mad as 40k, BT are one of the most reasonable of the bunch

Or the already wounded guardman killed the tyranid, died from his wounds and the child is just a looter.

This.

Blood Ravens would take the kid, lasgun, and the corpses.

Fuckin this

Hook it up

I'm playing Stellaris with Dorn tonight
Want me to ask

>Dark Angel
Dispassionate remark over vox for the purpose of target identification, move on
>Ultramarine
Consult the Codex
>Salamander
Whisper kind words of reassurance to the child while the tyranids tear down the surroundings
>Space Wolf
Feed it to their wolf
>Raven Guard
Use the kid as bait
>Blood Angels
Drink their blood since it's an orphan no one will miss
>Iron Hands
It's not shooting more tyranids so it's a weak piece of crap, kill it painfully and move on
>Imperial Fists
Build a little, effective castle for the child to survive the catastrophe in
>White Scars
Run him over by accident

Shoot the kid for being a potential genestealer cultist.

>implying that Monkey Space Marines wouldn't be the coolest shit

Not gonna lie, first thing that came to mind from your post is pic.

yes pls