Favorite mtg flavor text?

Favorite mtg flavor text?

Other urls found in this thread:

dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/51476463610/since-apparently-this-week-is-secondary-iconic
media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/magic/Plane Shift Zendikar.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My forever favourite. Raging Goblin is a close second.

A little strained in that it depends on another card for its joke, but I've always liked it.

Forgot about this one.

I just really like this entire run, okay?

Wit at its most elegant form

I don't mind the ones that need a bit of world context to get.

His story is my favorite MTG story ever

His card, everything about it, is reminiscent of that story. Even for people who have never read the fiction they still get the depth based off the flavor alone.

Good flavor, good card as well.

Best flavor for the best card.

Anyone have the one about some guy having a lantern not to light his way but to show others he was coming?

Best

Have you seen the whole thing? It should be floating around the wotc website

This one, but I can never remember the card name.

When will they learn goblins don't have to just be silly and annoying, they can be terrifying?

i win

Barrin's whole story is one big feel trip.

>it wasn't even a contest
> you still lost anyway

>it wasn't even a contest

Now it is pussy.
Come at me.

I loved this when i was a child, and I still think its pretty cool

It is ON.

Such a good flavor text for such a shitty card.

BUT
WHO
IS
THIS
CHAN

Things can't always be a complete home run, user.
But sometimes....sometimes...

Shouldn't it be "to choke on HIS cock and die?

last one, gtg

Thanks

Well it clearly does something so it's even wrong

easy

The thing it does is nothing.

no its doing "nothing". Meaning the "nothing" is a thing to do, not the lack of things being done.

So "nothing" is a bright green glob of light?

One of my favorites as well.

Nah, that's another thing it does. It does two things, nothing and making some light.

Now inappropriate considering Archons are meant to be the negative aspects of White mana

A creature who makes proud warriors weep for peace while it slaughters their generals is positive? You notice it can still attack. And will.

Source?

>negative
wrong, archons are the authoritarian aspect of white
Blindfold, Sword, Scales (albeit on the shield)
this motherfucker is here to impose justice on absolutely everyone, and in his version of justice, he is justice

when i saw this one, it just won a place in my heart

Then Gerrard is still being a dumbfuck because he says it doesn't do anything

this one always gets to me, fuck...

this is probably the best example of telling a story through a card, and having it actually be a good card

>the flavor text has gerrard contradict Hannah on her statement that it doesn't do anything
>"dur hurr, gerard is saying it doesn't do anything, what a maroon."

Gerrard is the one implying that it doesn't do anything

dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/51476463610/since-apparently-this-week-is-secondary-iconic

media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/magic/Plane Shift Zendikar.pdf

Gotta wonder if someone out there has modified the art to that one to be Oprah.
>"And you get a +1/+1 counter, and you, YOU ALL GET +1/+! counters!

No, it DOES nothing.

Christ almighty, learn to english

Just excellence

>They killed my family
>So I lit them on fire
I do not understand how someone can get feelsy from revenge fantasy. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the context?

Tolaria is his old home, a place of learning he spent years helping Urza prepare for the coming invasion. He brings the corpses of his wife and daughter to the university as it is being over run by phyrexians, and nukes himself, the bodies of his loved ones, his home, and any invaders present.

the dog one is better

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up, it is significantly more impactful now. What dog one?

I love both of these.
I also own 2 Mercadian Masques copies, which I got in the same Tournament pack.

>archangels as embodiments of white mana’s harsher aspects: a rigid sense of justice and a ruthless execution of punishment for those who defy the law
>Angels can represent these aspects too, but I think of Angels as being better at expressing white’s values of mercy, protection, and compassion for others than Archons. Angels express everything white does; Archons express a subset.

And I forgot to attach the image.

>the enemy has been destroyed sir. so have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog...
-Keldon soldier

A classic

>liking the dog one more
Please kill yourself immediately.

Werebear voting trump 2016

Not a great card but I always loved when they used to have non-Magic-related quotes

I will forever remember magic being my exposure to the Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Hi Ludwig!

another fav

>"gorilla"
>"...as long as there are no creatures in your graveyard."
Harambe legendary creature confirmed for Kaladesh

I like this, but maybe only because of nostalgia.

I also love this. Immediately thought of pic related but couldn't think of the name; looked up "Mtg Shakespeare" and found out there's like 30 cards with Shakespeare quotes on them. Huh.

Aetherborn are quickly becoming my favorite race in MTG based on their aesthetic and theme.

This flavor text is by far my favorite.

Same. I saw this card, got curious about what it was from, and discovered some good literature.

People say it's dumb or uncultured to learn about stuff that way but it works. It makes me sad that they don't do it anymore.

>They don't do it anymore
They stopped?

This dog one?

Yea, no more core sets, and even then, they were preferring the puns, exposition, and really lame edge to any sort of literature references.

Nah, obliterates other flavor text.

I believe they stopped doing it as of Magic 2013. If someone has a more recent counter example to prove me wrong then by all means but my understanding was that they didn't feel literature quotes "branded" the product well. Some nonsense about they'd rather put in-game lore on the cards than Shakespeare or something.

pic related is my favorite flavor text of all.

Well I posted
which is M14, but if
is to be believed it was core sets only.

Yes, you're quoting the post?

Time spiral in general hit pretty hard. There are probably dozens of cards I could post.