Why do you let the fighter go around all day in full plate, even on the street, in taverns, and in houses?

Why do you let the fighter go around all day in full plate, even on the street, in taverns, and in houses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's magical.

Why do you care?

Why do you let the wizard go around all day in robes, even on the street, in taverns, and in houses?

Because the wizard dresses normally?

>robes
>normal

Because the wizard has giant staff and magical aura, the rogue runs around with hood and mask, and the bard spelunks and performs acrobatics with a guitar and drum strapped to his back

What sort of idiot wizard runs around in robes? Tunic and hose all day erry day, nobody suspects the wizard to dress like a common man.

Do you wanna be the one who's gonna tell the man who's bigger than your two strongest town guards to take off his master-crafted, enchanted plate armor?
Besides, this is a double standard. You don't tell the wizard he can't practice magic and then confuscate his robes and staff/tome/wand.
Please stop reposting this thread.

Because we Glamoured it and added the Comfort Enchantment.

Our troops wore plate carriers and a helmet damn near all day in the sandbox, and those don't have nearly as good weight distribution as properly-made plate.

In some cases, they are.

Wizards don't actually have to dress in robes. No bonuses, nothing.

Because who is going to tell me to remove it ?

We're playing anima.
If anyone changes outfit it means a change in power. Or they're gabrielense posh.

BECAUSE I LIKE TO BE FABULOUS!

>in some cases
Nah, dress like a human being or your party refuses to travel with you.

>wow dick move
Yeah whatever fag, By the way this country is called Platesville and if someone isn't wearing full plate they get locked up for public indecency.

Because DnD is more weeb than the average anime/jrpg
Seriously, read the crunch. It's ridiculous!

Actually our archer fighter has such high dexterity that they only wear a spare bowstring around their nethers.

>literally not knowing what weeb means
You have to go back.

It actually bothers me too, which is why when I DM, there are not gonna be ambushes left and right.

I don't want players punished for not taking the things off to sleep.

Because he's basically Hercules, so it takes him about as much effort to wear full plate as it takes for me to wear normal clothes.

What game or edition? Don and doff rules do exist and don't say that nonsense.

>western fantasy
>weeb

That beard quality though.

Because the townsfolk know that wherever there is a large gathering of adventurers with class levels it can either mean that they are here to kill you or whatever will attack the town, in both cases it's better to get on their good side lest tempt murder.

Same here.
>mfw players go to town and buy new clothing, go to the barber, etc... and do some socialite shit while talking about their travels and resting/training/trading

Because he's a hero and heroes can do what they want. Would you tell pic related that he's not allowed to wear his armor in town?

Because it's mithral plate and the fighter has endurance? Also the fighter is the second child of a powerful lord and the commander of a legendary order of elite warriors?

Also we don't feel like arguing with the chick who has an adamantium enchanted bastard sword?

I would, but for a different reason.

Except when every wizard does it.

Also when the wizard is the only guy wearing armor.

I simply don't care.

SOMEONE IS GETTING THE STICK.

It's random homebrew Not!DnD shit, but he really is that strong. He stopped a fall once by slamming his axe into the side of the mountain and lodging it in the rock, another time he just ate the impact full-force and survived anyway.

We're gearing up to take on the God of Destruction, so we're pretty high up there.

Because it's fantasy! It's meant to be unrealistic, you myopic manatee!

Because plate armour isn't as uncomfortable as fiction likes to pretend. You can do somersaults in plate armour pretty easily, its heavy, but feels lighter than mail since the weight is distributed instead of all hanging on the shoulders. Its about as terrible to wear as it would be to wear a thick leather jacket while carrying some textbooks in a backpack.

Although if your DM is actually a good DM the fighter should feel safe in the city and not feel the need to wear their armour in the city.

>By the way this country is called Platesville and if someone isn't wearing full plate they get locked up for public indecency.
I actually did have a culture in my setting that wore ceremonial armours with fairly specific dresscodes
>Men wear grey metals (silver, steel, iron, etc.)
>Women wear yellow metals (gold, bronze, copper, brass, etc.)
>Slaves wear non-metal armour (generally wood or leather armour)
>Male suits of armour often had massive and excessively oversized crests or horns on them
>Female suits of armour tended to be designed along the lines of a skirt or dress with interlocked plates extending down to around their knees or sometimes as low as their ankles
>Generally heavier armour was preferred, a child or freeman of no regard might have a simple breastplate, any nobleman without a full suit of plate armour was a laughing stock
>Not wearing armour at formal occasions is the same as showing up to a wedding in a t-shirt and sweatpants

Why do you let the monk and barbarian flex naked all day in both combat situation and when walking down the city.

>Dark Souls: The Country

I dig it.

Because Hastily Donning Heavy Armor means your Fighter is out of a surprise fight.

Bad, bad comparison. Plate carriers and helmets don't stop ventilation from the whole body.

Geez, platefags, weight distribution isn't everything. Accept that plate has some flaws.

We've had a few characters who never removed their armour.
One was a knight who was actually a sentient/sapient clockwork creation who only ever removed armour for repairs, and even then it was singular pieces at a time.
Two had their armour magically grafted to them so it was essentially their skin.
Once it was a blessed suit of armour from a Goddess that didn't need to be removed. The Paladin wore it till the end of the campaign as they flitted from one battle to the next then post-script they took it off and gifted it to another in the Order.
And one time it was a player who specifically mentioned that their character never took it off 'because once it's off you're (the DM) just gonna jump us with a hundred dire-gobbos, right?'

>muh plate cartwheels
Armor fatigue isn't just about weight.

>Its about as terrible to wear as it would be to wear a thick leather jacket while carrying some textbooks in a backpack.
Okay, plate is amazing and all, but you're really blowing it out of proportion.

We will, the minute you accept that it's a make-believe fantasy game where BECAUSE MAGIC makes any and all arguments about realism pointless

>Okay, plate is amazing and all, but you're really blowing it out of proportion.
It's not that far out of proportion, really. A full suit of plate is ~30-50 pounds, and my backpack hit that weight pretty often in highschool/college (paper is heavy af). Aside from it being hot as fuck you could conceivably march all day in it (IIRC something like this actually happened during one of the Crusades when one of the Christian armies was forced into a retreat).

Because you're going to send some random encounters the second the plate hit the ground.

Because I spent quite a bit of money glamouring his full plate so he can make it look like normal clothing when we're not doing shit.

This, I've dodged "local magical ordinances" a few times just by not having material components and carrying a bunch of daggers so I look like a rogue, rather than the guy who can drop the sky on the city's head.

There was an incident during the first crusade where a bunch of Crusaders protected a bunch of civilian camp follower types in a giant shield circle from arrow fire for something like five straight hours.
In Full Plate
In the Middle of the Desert Sun.

Because he has 20 strength and doesn't even lightly encumber him.

Sounds hot.

>Implying that early bronze age Greece gave even the slightest amount of shit about clothing

SHIT THREAD
KILL YOURSELF

Full plate did not exist during the First Crusade.

You're thinking of chainmail, which is just as protective as full plate but half as agile and very, very heavy.

This. It's only really uncomfortable when it's badly fitted. You can move perfectly fine in well-made plate, even if you can't avoid noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q

And all this stuff about it being ridiculous that the fighter doesn't take off his plate in town doesn't take into account where he's going to put it. This isn't something that you can just leave lying on the street, or carry in a backpack along with other gear. He might not have anywhere he can put it until he rents a room or camps for the night.

And much, much better at ventilation, which explains that event.

>Call something weeb
>???????
>Prof-wait whatthefucking

I had a DM who'd like to set up streams or lakes in the path of the group all the time just so my paladin would have to go forward without her armor.

>Dark souls the country
Yes

Because when you put it on, it's a pain in the ass to take it off again. It's far better to leave it on if you're somewhere you want to advertise that you are a man at arms for hire or whatever.

Most ppl couldn't afford full plate in medieval settings. It lets ppl know you're above them like driving an expensive sports car.

>in taverns, and in houses?

I don't know about walking around in the streets all day unless you're fighting, but it's metal and get's hot in the sun. You're fine and not hot if you're out of the sunlight.

While we're at it...
>It's impossible to sleep in plate armor.

Have you ever fought all day in armor and been exhausted to the point of not taking it off? Other than popping your helmet, it's too easy to sleep in full plate, rather than get out of it and put it back on.

Or the city on the sky's head, for that matter.

>half as agile and very, very heavy
Mail didn't distribute weight nearly as well as plate, but I think you're exaggerating this a bit.

Because it's his life. If he wants cramps and back pain that's his problem, the cleric can make a killing off their "magic" massages that way anyway.

>And much, much better at ventilation
Not particularly. Chain vests were typically worn over a gambison, which breathes about as well as a 600lb dude running a marathon.

The only part that would reasonably breathe better on a soldier armored in mail is the legs, and even then I don't really know how pronounced the effect would be since they'd still be wearing pants and boots beneath that anyway.

There's gotta be some way to dull the noise.

Even if it didn't get used historically, there must be a way to cover yourself in a suit of metal fuckoff and not be a bunch of rattling pans wherever you go.

Still better than plate. Besides, gambesons weren't as exaggeratedly thick as reenactors usually portray them, particularly once the coat of plates was around.

Why bother? It's not like you're going to try and be stealthy while wearing full plate. If you're in a crowded tavern, it probably won't even be heard among all the talk and other noise, so it's not like it'd bother other people.

The only legit way.

I do this often, just so I don't have to spend time putting it on, or taking it off.

Because it's funny.

Hercules didn't need to wear armour in the first place.

I don't? Why would most martials in Anima bother wearing full plate in the first place?

>>Slaves wear non-metal armour (generally wood or leather armour)
>>Female suits of armour tended to be designed along the lines of a skirt or dress with interlocked plates extending down to around their knees or sometimes as low as their ankles
So would Guildenstern be considered some sort of cross dresser?

Thats more like a kilt aint it

People do that for the same reasons most people don't track encumbrance.

Because people are retarded. Buy a bag of holding.

his arms really bother me and I don't know why

>Having ordinary shops where you can just buy any magic item you want

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Bags of Holding should be one of the more common magic items available. If not, find an artisan to make you one. it takes them a few days.

While they probably don't have them lying around artisans exist to make them. You only have to be level 2 for craft wondrous.

Ordinary shop? Why would it be an ordinary shop?

There are a lot of extraordinary shops out there. Like the one in Jeffery McHanon's closet that glows throughout the night with purple fire.

Poor Jeffrey.

Apathy

Because I cant be bothered to help the babby change out anytime he wants to take a nap.

I don't, but that's because everyone uses transforming armour that's stored in magical belts. They just have to say the code phrase and make the right gestures, and their magical armour comes out and covers them.

>Suffering the witch to live
ISHYGDDT