Warhammer 40k general

Reinstating the imperial rule edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JPYmDuJtnLA?t=24m47s
grotorderly.blogspot.com/2016/09/data-cards-are-no-more-and-battle-mat.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Uooo

GSC Army concept

Insurrection force / IS cult

*Hivemind Akhbar*

CORE

Neophyte cavalcade

AUX

Demolition claw

LORDS

1 Primus

From old thread

>Numbers beyond counting
A what now? Cult seems to have interesting rules.

Leaks!

Heh.....haaaaaaaa. lemme tell ya somethin' my man..

If you wanta be posting this sorta shit for us, get clear fucking pictures my man. Know what Im sayin? I want to actually read what I am looking at, knwatamsayin?

A Genestealer uprising fucks with the deployment of teleporters and aerial assets. I hate how many things fuck with the reserve rolls now. I just want to deepstrike some terminators dammit.

Know your fluff: Genestealer uprising also tends to fuck with naval assets too due sabotage and other shenanigans.

Didnt take those, only reposting.
Also as a non-native english speaker: get hold of yourself. You're embarrassing your language.

Fuck you.

Moran here who couldn't find the last thread for some raison.
So is the GSC Russ identical option wise to the normal one(s)? Like, no funky exclusive turret or some bullshit?
I have a semi built Russ collecting dust from a past project, gunna give it to my 'stealers.

>So is the GSC Russ identical option wise to the normal one(s)? Like, no funky exclusive turret or some bullshit?
Not known yet. Only leaked pages are those 3 posted + rockgrinder.

youtu.be/JPYmDuJtnLA?t=24m47s

Well lads it's looking good

>Know your fluff

Can you list anytime when GSC got aboard a Strike Cruiser to delay the launch of Thunderhawks or fucking with the teleportarium?

>no taurox for cultists

I thought that was a Guard vehicle.

>no rhinos for cultists

Guess it's easier to raid a PDF garrison than a police precinct.

>no looted wagon style ramshackle vehicle rules

I guess the Goliath handles some of that, but it doesn't feel enough of a technical.

>Each time a unit arrives from reserves you can add D6 members to it

NOICE

GSC only get Sentinels, Armoured Sentinels, Chimeras and Leman Russ tanks.

Why is that Open-Topped but the one with the dozer isn't?

Wonder how many will just buy the cheaper taurox instead. You can make it open-topped by leaving off the roof and it look nice enough.

>Okay, you can have assault grenades
>Buuut only if you roll a 1 or 6 on some fucking table

Thanks Geedubs

Looks kind of cool, i don't care for messing with reserves that much.

I'm just gonna stick with the Ghosar crew, they all get Infiltrate, turn 1 shourded+stealth and the 1 inch away Patriarch. A good 600pts ally.

I don't even like basic Genestealers that much, and the new Metamorphs look awful

The dozer one is more armoured innit?

The crew and passengers are as exposed as with the non-dozer one.

It's like how the Stormlord is open-topped, but the doomhammer and banehammer are not.

Well, the transport version is basically an ork truck that costs 15pts more and isn't fast. I guess it at least has a twin-linked autocannon if by some miracle it isn't destroyed by bolters after one turn on board?

Is it just me or does the Truck version look kind of... Small and cute?

The look a bit squished and remind me of a Fisher Price toy truck or something.

Huh. I can see it.

2 questions

how do i into local wh40k p&p. i have some d&d p&p experience from 10-20yrs ago (looking for a website or directory on how to make contact)

keywords/formal product terms for LARGE wh40k C/SM figs which are more suitable for display pieces vs the tiny tabletop infantry units

I was thinking more like pic related.

Is the krieg assault brigade viable?

I'd accept the proxies.

That works too. Regardless, they do look a little silly. Not as bad as a Taurox though.

Its not bad but very tier3 list at best.

I remember the first time I was introduced to the Tau. From what I was told it was going to be somewhat like the Covenant from Halo, but no. Space commies with kroot meatshields (that never get used on the TT) is what we got

I like the ideas behind them, but fucking hell flesh out the allies more before "hurr moar mecha"

.epub question: what reader do you guys use on Windows and Android for the GW eBooks? Calibre can display the formatting properly, but I can't zoom in to actually read the text when it's like that, and every other eReader I've tried just shits on the formatting entirely, displaying the text on a page completely separate from the images.

>Russes
>Sentinels
Neat.

>Commandeered the planetary orbital defenses, shooting Thunderhawks out of the sky or forcing them to approach from a different vector, delaying their arrival.
>Set up teleport-scrambling devices that fuck with the co-ordinates.
>Have sleeper agents still in the loyalist chain of command feeding false information to the Space Marines in orbit to fuck with their deployment.

This isn't difficult, user. You have no imagination.

Android: Kobo
PC: Readium

>grotorderly.blogspot.com/2016/09/data-cards-are-no-more-and-battle-mat.html?m=1

That's gonna suck if it's true. I actually liked data cards and they weren't too expensive.

They just don't seem to sell very well I think is the problem. Almost everyone I know who has them only got them because they came with a LE Codex.

The descriptions for datacards on the GW site are vague, are they unit entries or just cards with special rules on them?

Considering 8th is soon, I can see why they're not making them anymore. What could be the next codex after GSC that would have used them?

Sisters of Battle? Ha!

They're usually the tactical objective cards and Psyker spells/relics/special rules.

They're usually either the warlord traits/army specific things like powers, and the tactical objectives.

I was thinking that. Maybe they're phasing them out to start pushing toward's 8th. So it could be a good thing.

Meant to quote

Don't even start user, I've been beating this drum since 5th Edition.

That said, you're kind of underselling Kroot. They're literally the cheapest snipers in the game and can pretty much outflank from whatever table edge you want with a Hound. Or infiltrate.

Hell, even Vespid are pretty good, they're just an wacky tool in an amazing toolbox. Problem is, two alien ally units does not make for a diserve empire, and it doesn't help that Forge World has stopped selling their kroot units. All we can hope for at this point is a Kroot Mercenary Codex.

Kek, should post the story behind this

Once off rules exploit due to tournament restriction on special character wins smuggo the game. TOs declare that you can never do it again. The end.

I guess my new army will be Neophyte cavalcade plus the first curse or shadow skulkers, now I just need to get a couple of chimeras.

>fluff advances, tau lose material resources and manufacturing capabilities due to the imperial shitfucking they're receiving, need to rely on their auxiliaries way more now
>big retarded suits are super limited in fluff and game, only allowed a certain small number of them
>codex is refocused on tau working together with their alien buddies, more of them are released and new/better plastic kits
this would be the dream

What? That's nothing like what happened.

I really wish they would stop doing random tables for fucking everything.

I figured the dream would be tow survibing though the end times to Age of the Emperor

Actual description: White Scars player decided to be clever and start entire army in reserve. Kroot troll Scouts entire army to Scars' side of board, preventing any units entering due to presence of enemy models.

tl;dr: Asshole out-assholes another asshole.

>power pick

Wonderful, thx m8

Crush, Scythe and Lash would be pretty good on Tyranid biomorph. It would made mix and matching melee biomorph have sense again.

From what I recalled from the forum I read the story from, he usually used Korsoro Khan (?) to give them outflank rather than just roll on from his own edge like normal, but the tournament had a restriction on special characters. Not like I sympathise, bike armies are for antifun faggots.

>Mfw I started Kult of Speed with Wazdakka for biker Boyz because they looked cool
I don't power game user, I just think they're neat

Y'know, that might be part of the story. If it was, it was long enough ago that I probably just forgot that detail.

Some exceptions apply my friend.

Interesting, how do you deploy via cult ambush? Do you just roll a dice for each unit as they infiltrate? Whatever it is, it looks fun.

Why not just put more emphasis on their partisans guerrilla nature? Make the Tau send them years or decades in advance before the invasion. Give them explosives, grenades, mines or whatever to prepare the place for an invasion.

>rock cutter can remove your from play
>power claw cannot

Shit orks, even imperial blue collar plebs get better shit than you do.

>Rock cutter can just snip a terminator in half

Some people are trying to argue that RAW the BA Demi Company Red Thirst stacks with the Angel's Blade Red Thirst.

Opinions?

>yfw the Decurion lets you roll on this table for every single unit in your army at the start of the game
>yfw even just rolling two 6's means you have two enemy units locked in combat before they can do fucking anything if you have the first turn
>yfw there's a Warlord trait that let's you pick the Ambush result every time
>yfw there's a Formation that let's all units on it roll 2d6 and pick the one they want for the Ambush result, or 3d6 if they have a Primus attached
>yfw there's a psychic power to summon free units that can then arrive by Cult Ambush

Two special rules with the same name do not stack.

Terminators are one wound models, the rule would never come into play against a regular terminator.

>RAW
If you play with players that use this term as if it actually matters, stop doing that.

Basically, a few years back, there was a tournament and White Scars were up against Tau. Scars player deployed first and decided to put everything he had in reserve. Unfortunately for him, Tau player was a master troll and was packing loads of Kroot that can infiltrate. With infiltrate you can set up anywhere as long as you're not within a certain distance of the enemy. However, since there wasn't anything on the field, the Kroot could theoretically set up anywhere.

Thus, Tau player put them on the Scar's board edge, with the maximum 2" apart making a wall along that edge. Since coming from reserves you can't arrive within 1" of an opposing model, Scar player couldn't bring in anything on Turn 1. Thus, he auto-lost. That pic shows the victory pose of a true troll, and the Scars player looking up the rules to weasel his way out.

Its the idea that's cool senpai

Also Gray Knights

i think he means the fact its sx2 ap2 and its basically just a giant pair of scissors is the brütal part

>yfw this army is going to be aids to fight but faggots will cry muh fluffy faction because two netlists of your army is good.
>yfw you have no face because your units are locked before the game starts

It's sounding to me like any unit in regular reserve.

50 for an assault transport with a TL-autocannon? I can jam to that.

I can't wait to get in CC with an Ork Nob with a power klaw and snip him in half while he only kills a 5 point mook.

Good god, GSC are going to be amazing.
This plus flyrants will be a force to be reckoned with.

I can't wait to cut a Chapter Master with shield eternal in half with them.

Considering that otherwise the BA demi company has basically no benefit I'll allow it.

>Daemon Prince manifests on a budding Cult World
>Not2Day.brood
>Snip Snip

>Tfw the 4 armed emperor is truly stronger than the corpse god

>tfw SMASHFUCKER PRIME is stronger than all of them
Hail to the king baby

Your not thinking BRUTAL enough infiltrate one inch to a Wraithknight, snip it in fucking half and pretend your Raiden

It's 2X Strength so if used by a S4 dude it's already ID'ing T4 models. Only comes into effects on T5 or higher
>Or Eternal Warrior models

Sadly you'll just do d3 Wounds.
>LOWs OP.

>RULES OF NATURE
>4 Quads
The 4-Armed Emperor blesses this post!

>snip it in fucking half and pretend your Raiden
So if the GS is raiden, then who's armstrong?

THE TIIIIIME HAS COME TO AN END

A Wraith Lord

Whenever a unit with this special rule deploys at the start of the game, or arrives from Ongoing Reserves, you roll on this table.

Most of the units also have the Return to the Shadows special rule, which lets you pull them off the board during the start of the Movement phase and put them back into Ongoing Reserve so you can ambush with them again.

The Decurion also lets you restore d6 dead models to a unit whenever you do this.

MSU with this army is cheap as balls and you can summon more squads for free with one of the psychic powers, which get any upgrades you want for free, thus avoiding the expensive drawback of the upgrades.

All your characters have buff bubbles of 12" -24" that grant, depending on the model, Furious Charge, Hatred, Fearless, Adamantium Will, Feel No Pain (6+ or +1 to existing), plus you have access to Biomancy and new powers that give Run+charge or +1 S (stacking with Furious Charge) and Rage.

The competitive lists with this Codex are going to be a nightmare for the gunline meta.

It works so well

>Don't fuck with this Chaplain

Space Marines with 1W are the biggest fuck up in the game. Just make them more expensive and suddenly they feel much more realistic (fluff-wise).

Holy SHIT guess I have a theme song for my cult army now.

>The competitive lists with this Codex are going to be a nightmare for the gunline meta.
and thank fuck for that, the gunline shit people seem to love is incredibly obnoxious and boring

Tau are assholes, they give the kroot bare minimum and use them as cannon fodder even if they deny it to keep the enemies far from their own lines, the tau could had give them better armour and full pulse weaponry, but they didn't, they jus give those to the vespid after they put the mind control helmets on their leaders, open your eyes user free yourself from the tau slavery, join the freedom fighters, join the brood.

And taking units on and off the table isn't obnoxious?