twitter.com/AnonBabble

They got squated

gotta love the 90's

Dwarves are already corrupt enough.

Coming back as dlc for total war warhammer hopefully

Forgeworld started making their models
Then the game that they were part of got squatted

no, they're too politically incorrect

There are already some of them in the game as the crew for hellcannons.

They got forgeworld'd

I miss when Warhammer was maybe 5 units of 10-20 guys.

The Radious mod for Total Warhammer features them in the Chaos faction.

You should just play Kings of War with Warhammer models instead of 8th/9th

Aren't Hobgoblins supposed to be bigger than regular goblins?

>I miss when Warhammer was maybe 5 units of 10-20 guys.
Age of Sigmar is exist.

They didn't sell well enough so they stopped making them. Forgeworld made some awesome miniatures for them though.
Different guy but If I wanted to play 40k I'd play 40k.

they had orcs and goblins working for them?

black orcs were created by the chaos dwarfs from their orc slaves to create a better, more intelligent greenskin to serve them.

fpbp

How does that work, anyway?

Did they manufacture a superior race through...breeding them and magic, I guess? Or did they take orcs and make them better with magic and experimentation?

Can Black-Orcs reproduce naturally, or are all of them that exist a direct result of Chaos Dwarf influence?

wasn't that the reason why they got squated by the orcs?

My biggest problem with the Forgeworld Chaos Dorfs is that they completely neglected making hobgoblin models. Love the chaos rape train and the fire demons, but fuck.

In later lore, yes, they're about chink sized.

Ded, along with rest of setting.

40k is a very different system, the similarities are superficial

I hated it. Went for 40k because it was simpler, less painting, didn't need movement trays, and the vehicle system was so complex that nobody used anything worse than bikes or dreadnoughts.

Everything changed when 2E attacked.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/Blackshard-Warhost

They started worshipping Sharter. I wish I'd made that up and been paid for it.

>Shar’tor the Executioner

Fucks sake.

Though his model is pretty nice, as is the winged taurus. (not nice enough to pay forgeworlds fucking lunatic prices though)

This, no room for levity in your science FICTION or FANTASY setting.

...what?

Why would they not be PC? Because they're sort of middle eastern but evil?

Maybe he thinks the Babylonian influence would come across negatively?

what does that even mean. Half the people who play Total war games this game don't even know what Babylon is

Because some people still take pride in their Babylonian heritage, and might take offense at seeing it displayed in a negative context?

It's a dumb argument, and I can't see how people would view a fantasy race as non-PC, but that's an idea of how the debate could go.

>Total war games this game don't even know what Babylon is

...Babylon is literally a faction in Total War games. There are a lot of people who may not realise what Babylon is - your stereotypical image of an American comes to mind - but Total War players wouldn't really be one of them. Seriously?

Who the hell has 'Babylonian' heritage? Are you really worried some Iraqi immigrant will be offended by them?

it's because their big noses and black curly hair

jews thought chaos dwarves were a parody of them ang got offended

Are you really so bored that you're trying to pick a fight in a Veeky Forums thread about Chaos Dwarfs? Or are your genuinely confused as to what the term PC means or how it could be applied in this context?

>Babylonian Heritage

The Babylonians have been extinct as a race and a culture for several thousand years.

Anybody making that claim is a clueless imbecile who deserves to be belittled pitilessly for trying to conjure up nonsense to be offended over for the sake of being offended.

Fucking Jews.

Jews get offended by literally everything, we should not consider their opinion on matters

>The Babylonians have been extinct as a race and a culture for several thousand years.
>Babylonian Jewry Heritage Museum

I guess if you really stretched yourself you could consider them anti-Semitic? Middle eastern, short, evil, corrupt, gold obsession, blah blah.

Yeah I don't really get it either.

why would anyone be offended by a campish 80's non existence race of nonhumans in a fictional world of dragons and magic?

are jews really so paranoid they have to make everything about themselves?

but then again, we live in the age of race war, cis, gender fluidity, Trump and Scientology.

i wonder why i'm even surprised

>we live in the age of race war
...an age that's existed for almost as long as the concepts of races?

race war is an extremely recent concept.

The idea of races always existed, but never before the last couple centuries there was an idea of complete and utter extermination of another human race based on the idea of difference.

Not in the western society at least, AFAIK

>race war is an extremely recent concept.

Dude, race war is just Ethnic Conflict and we've had anti-semitism since 400 B.C.-ish.

I believe what he means is that it hadn't become an actual philosophy with scientific arguments until recent centuries.

Anti-semitism is kind of an exception, they've been pretty much universally loathed and kicked out by any race and nation they've come across, before and after the "christ-killing" thing.

No its a serious question. Nobody these days has 'Babylonian' heritage except some people of Iraqi descent.

See

Can you draw any conclusions or assumptions based on this?

>Nobody these days has 'Babylonian' heritage except some people of Iraqi descent.

That's not how heritage works.

That's not how heritage works at all.

Thats besides the point, nobody is a Babylonian these days or has any reason to care about depictions of Babylonians.

So your issue is you don't understand the concept of having pride in heritage or history?

jew?

Jesus, those guys really love skulls.

>Your a big guy
For jew

Are you being stupid on purpose?

Nobody these days has Babylonian heritage in any real way and anybody claiming to do so is an idiot.

More to the point, anybody who would be offended by the aesthetics of their culture being parodied in WHFB needs to grow thicker skin.

What's not to love?

Need a paperweight?
Skull.
Need a ball for sport?
Skull.
Horny and lonely on a saturday night?
Skull.

>anybody who would be offended by the aesthetics of their culture being parodied in WHFB needs to grow thicker skin.

Agreed.

>Nobody these days has Babylonian heritage in any real way and anybody claiming to do so is an idiot.

Nobody these days has any real heritage, given how much cross-breeding has been happening for the last X-hundred years.

Doesn't mean people aren't idiots and won't believe they have a heritage anyway.

What is 'real' heritage to you? Plenty of people can trace their ancestry entirely within one country for centuries.

During the End Times the city of Zharr Nagrund was destroyed by Grimgor's Orcs and Golgfag's Maneaters.

I'll never truly know if this upset or excited me, as if ever there was a pair to bring down the Chaos Dwarves it would be those two.

>Black Orcs finally sticking it to their creators

>race war is an extremely recent concept.

Like 17th century recent.

>Plenty of people can trace their ancestry entirely within one country for centuries.

And you can keep tracing your ancestry back for as long as records allow. At what stage do you stop and say 'Yep, this is my heritage. It doesn't matter that if I keep going back all my ancestors came from X place, because in the last few hundred years they've all come from Y'.

It feels arbitrary to just draw a line at any point, doubly so since we can't really know the full extent of our heritage without going into genetics.

lol

The fuck are you talking about.

They're running strong as a Forge World army

Well in the past the winning tribe just exterminated the lesser and maybe raped some of the women, incorporating a fragment of the other 'race'. It's a recent phenomenon that different races live in the same societal framework, and the jury is still out if it will work longterm.

Bull Centaur's are supposed to be a dwarf with a bull half not an "ogre centaur".

10/10

This, bull centaurs should have been pic related + hats

Like Mantic's halfbreed ?

But user, that looks awful.

They stopped making money for GW

yeah, and we all know chaos dwarfs love money

So is there a name for these creatures?
Or are they just called bull centaurs?

>is there a name for these creatures besides what they're named?

creatures =/= unit names
i meant creatures as species.
Is the name they are called also their name for this specie?

Like how Chaos Dwarfs are the Dawi Zharr.

"My lord, we've been ambushed by slow moving dwarves."
"I knew we shouldn't have ignored those two fucks in the big hat slowly wheeling the rocket launcher up the hill 10 feet away."

>Nobody these days has any real heritage, given how much cross-breeding has been happening for the last X-hundred years.

Speak for yourself.

Go get your genetics checked.

>No its a serious question. Nobody these days has 'Babylonian' heritage except some people of Iraqi descent.

Except heritage is also cultural as well as genetic.

So does AIDS.

yes

Ok, thx.
Thought there migt be a special name like hyppogryphe or centaur.

jew bulls

Haha,... No!

I still remember almost all those magical items. Not the best edition but damn did we have fun back then.

they got holocaust'd

chaos dwarfs were my shit and when they got dropped is when i quit warhammer :(

they are in no way anti-semitic. i'm jewish and i can smell that shit from a mile away. they are clearly based on ancient mesopotamian peoples (assyrians, sumerians, babylonians)

>ziggurats
>llamasu
>weirdly segmented beards

if you want to complain about racism in warhammer you should be talking about the tau. (but racism against asian peoples is generally okay in western society for some reason) not saying i dislike the tau but they are a bit of a stereotype.

honestly the most controversial thing about chaos dwarfs was their love of slaving...but that's not really a huge issue considering they are outright evil.

the forge world line is so good

>if you want to complain about racism in warhammer

Well nobody worth listening to would anyway.

>chaos dwarfs were my shit and when they got dropped is when i quit warhammer
>the forge world line is so good

you can only pick one

but then they'd still be four feet tall

I really want to mount one of those in a Rhino chassis for a custom Chaos Vindicator

Man oh man do I miss my youth sometimes. Me and my friends could spend hours upon hours just discussing fluff, reading army-books and looking through pictures like these "dreaming away".

You can really see how the standard of what´s to be "good looking" has dramatically improved. If anyone in wip would show a model of this standard saying "there, I'm done!", they would be shredded unless your a beginner. And the terrain... I wont even mention the terrain....

Personally, I freaking love "the red era". Brings back so many memories!