>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

FULL Kaladesh spoiler
>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kaladesh

[No banlist changes to any format]

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-09-16-abzan-coco/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-prowess-frontier/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How fun is Khaladesh? I might go to a draft this friday. Any particular commons or uncommons I should keep an eye on?

I miss Bloom Titan

Thinking of making a Jund Artifact deck.

So many options, I really love this set.

You're not on topic, but here is a quick answer:

It's really good, everything plays nicely together, the synergy is there and the power level is pretty high. Give it a try. Ask for advice in another thread though.

how rediculous is dredge now that we have the new card for it from kaladesh?

It was cool but it sucked playing against it
Back when Twin was around and I was on infect, Titan was generally an easy matchup but playing Zoo was hell against it

Still gimped by everyone and their mother having access to easy graveyard hate

Dredge was weird, it came hard and crashed fast
It's like tier 1.5, I don't get why people say it's super amazing

Wow its so empty in here ever since the poorfags migrated to their containment thread. Are we actually going to talk about modern now?

I'm playing 4 this weekend to see how they do. It doesn't solve any problems the deck already has, its just a solid upgrade that will lead to more explosive game ones.

I just played like 3 hours of frontier
CoCo is single-handedly going to kill the format

You think Gruul Energy decks will have any place in modern?

Probably not, not enough synergy
Brawler is a good card but it doesn't break the game

I know I'm off-topic, but could you link to a few lists? Willing to show the world the format is not a good idea.

Holy fuck, the meta is particularly fast right now (as in faster than usual). What's your degenerate deck of choice?

RG Valakut represent. No blue equals no defeats.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-09-16-abzan-coco/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-prowess-frontier/
last one was literally just a bant coco list from the latest standard tournament, and someone played some mardu control list that did eh, I don't have the list but he ran Newlamog and Nahiri combo.
Coco decks are just way too good and consistent, and there's too much good shit to run into.
Someone had a Jund Delerium list but idk where it is, I didn't run flayer because it just wasn't good enough.

also keep in mind nobody cared enough to go edit the lists, it's just shit we threw together. there could be more optimized lists but we were too bored to test them out. I think the RG prowess one was the one that had the most work put into it and it's not even that good against coco decks, and it's the closest thing to a combo or aggro deck in the format

About to build my first modern deck. Trying out different stuff with proxys before I sink 600+ into a deck. I want to play mono black, but the only deck I see making top 8s is 8rack, which doesn't look very fun. Is there a mono black control deck that uses phyrexian obliterator or skithiryx that's at least tier 2? Phyrexian obliterator specifically looks criminally underused.

Neither see play above Tier 2, or even Tier 3. Dismember and Path to Exile are very real cards.

No, and it's not because path exists, or people will thoughtseize it or just ignore it because a 5/5 on a single body without haste isn't good enough in the format
If you could get it out turn 3 it'd be alright

Siege rhino sees play though? Is it worth it because you get the drain before it gets exiled?

When they reprint Dark Ritual?

I've seen Skythiryix in mono black infect.

I think people run Obliterator in mono black devotion,

Neither deck is very good though.

No, it doesn't
Even if it did, it would be because it doesn't need 4 black to cast and it does something when it comes into play

i wanted to make an isochron scepter control deck. run 4 muddle the mixture (permission and tutor for the other 2 mana cards), 4 terminate, 3-4 abrupt decays, and the 1 of almost all of the split card instants with 2 cmc. things like far//away, research//development, and turn//burn would be pretty good i think. possibly also hide//seek, azorius charm, dimir charm, and izzet charm.

any other suggestions?

play a different deck

I play Grixis Delver

It's fast and decent interaction means I have a good chance of beating out Valakut decks and shit like Infect

Black decks matter. Wizards is oppressing us by not reprinting dark ritual. We need more cards for our decks, phyrexian obliterator did nothing wrong and they holding it back.

Just make regular Jund. What Kaladesh artifacts do you think are good enough for Jund?
I really don't think Vehicles are good enough for Modern, and the gearhulks cost too much to be viable.

Infect, been rocking it since it was a 300 dollar deck and it was shite

>p-p-please play our new garbage CoCo format

no

thought about this, but i already have a few finishers in the deck (turn//burn and dimir charm, and i might add lightning helix). the only reason to play boros charm is to make the scepters indestructable, and if they get killed i can just get them back with academy ruins or something.

it still might be worth it though, i guess i have to finish a list to see where i am at

Do you understand the part where you get to choose a mode?
Indestructible

>>p-p-please play our new garbage CoCo format
>no
hey retard, i played 3 hours of that format today, so I know firsthand it sucks
that doesn't make your deck any fucking better

>p-p-please play our new garbage CoCo format

Wait, what? Your deck sucks, dude. Where did this even come from?

yeah that's what i said, boros charm would best be used to make scepter indestructable. and i'm saying i could instead run academy ruins and just get scepter back from the graveyard if it gets destroyed (or hit by thoughtseize or IoK or countered or whatever). boros charm doesn't do anything that i couldn't get from other cards. but i appreciate the suggestion, and like i said i might still add it depend on the need for a faster finisher + protection.

He thinks the guy telling him his deck is garbage is shilling frontier.

Which is funny because I'm also probably the only guy that's played frontier in this thread
PSA
It's a shit format, don't play it for another 5+ years

>and i'm saying i could instead run academy ruins and just get scepter back from the graveyard if it gets destroyed
If you do that you lose the card that was imprinted on the Scepter. It's also dependant on having a 1-2 of academy ruins in play. Using Charm is a one-for-one trade that is on curve against the two and three mana removal spells that hit the scepter. 4 damage from Charm is much more than any other burn spell you'd want to imprint. Having a fast clock is important, especially when your deck is build around a soft lock like Scepter.

I think anyone not poor or desperately trying to cling to their CoCo deck could have told you Frontier sucks ass.

That's true, but it doesn't affect the board state at all, which is what a control decks wants to be doing anyway.
I can see it as maybe a one-of as a finisher, but nobody's running artifact hate main and postboard people might just ignore it

>but nobody's running artifact hate main

As a 2 of in the 2 decks that run it
The only other thing that hits it is maelstrom pulse and that can be countered

Please post your stock grixis delver lists

I'm trying to get into the deck

what i don't understand is, why didn't they include theros? i can understand not include RTR, but they chose to include M15 and not theros?

M15 is a cuter starting point I guess? Just like modern starting with 8th, it's an easy way to decide
I don't think it's inherintly bad, it's just they chose too early of a starting point and it's just standard plus kaladesh which isn't a large enough card pool to make it any different from standard

It's all,standard legal sets with the newest cardframe.

i feel like there's a midrange shell that could be built around kalitas, liliana, bloodghast, and asylum visitor.

why would you ask people for stock lists?

your stock grixis delver lists

I'm trying to get into the deck

My mistake, I meant their lists. I retyped my question

I play 8-rack and I side board phyrexian crusader

Obliterator isn't played because it can eat all sorts of removal and BBBB is a bitch to bring out. If I want a 5/5 trampler, I'd rather just play Reality Smasher, which has haste, trample and "fuck off with your targetting bullshit" shield. One colorless is a hell of a lot easier to work with than BBBB, and it often comes into play turn 4. Obliterator is a noob trap, like by itself, it takes 8 turns (t4 when it drops, t5 for 5, t6 for 5, t7 for 5 and t8 for the last 5) to kill. And that's if you swing at me.

Skittles is king in 1v1 EDH. French or normal rules, it's fucking KING.

Dafuq is French rules edh?

Its 1v1 edh but you have to make out with the opponent.
Its complicated since you have to do some tongue motions when upkeep, draws and etc happens

So obviously Wizards still thinks that SFM would break Modern in some way. Why is that? Can't the format deal with it?

Wizards is afraid it will homogenize white decks since it's so strong. Think of all the diverse card choices we'd lose like path and ... steppe lynx

imagine bant eldrazi with that
imagine hatebears with that
imagine any control deck with this

even though we went over why white was the worst monocolor in modern yesterday, it doesn't mean that there arent a bunch of decks running multicolored white cards and it'd be super easy for them to splash this in

Either that or Kohlagon's Command...

how the fuck is celestial collonadde a 30 dollar card
I have no intention of ever playing the card but fuck you wizards

>imagine things that aren't aggro being good
I try sometimes

I don't even want to play it with Batterskull. I just wanna use it to tutor my swords.

you'd be surprised

>imagine bant eldrazi with that
Not sure if they would run it. It doesn't help their gameplan as much as it does other midrange decks.
>imagine hatebears with that
Nonbo with arbiter
>imagine any control deck with this
Stoneblade is a controllish midrange deck. Nonetheless, control needs all the help it can get.

I brewed an isochron deck before
It didn't run a bunch of jank isochron synergy, it was kinda turbofog featuring isochron and some miscellaneous burn. Helixes, boros charm, bolts, scepters, dawn charms, angels graces, some other shit. Yeah, you lose when they board in stony silence or artifact removal, but it was a fun deck. Some decks just literally can't deal with angels grace on a stick and they either scoop immediately or wait 15 turns for you to burn their ass.

ah, so yours was just straight red-white huh? that makes sense

if you made it again today, would you play things like deflecting palm? silence? would you switch to a different set of colors?

been playing this a bit online
pyromancer is a good time.

And 2 Kommand, and 2 Pulse. Plus plenty of Grudges and Stonies in the side.

>imagine any control deck with this

Omg we would have something in Modern that isn't zerg aggro. How terrible that would be!

play mono black devotion midrange

Obliterator, Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Liliana, Nykthos, Geralf's Messenger, Gray Merchant, removal, etc

its a manland and a wincon for azorious control fags

Shit, I can't bolt such a qt.

Can'tdealwithit/10

ive been playing against that sahili combo deck, if you don't have bolt up when they try to make her an artifact its all over. it can come out of nowhere on turn 3-4

I want something to come out to make Bant Eldrazi overpowered so they ban Eldrazi Temple

FUCK Eldrazi

Please point on the doll where it touched you.

Youre not alone

>if you don't have bolt up when they try to make her an artifact.
??????

Having actually looked at Saheeli now, and being a player of Blue tron. I find myself thinking that she might be good in a blue/red tron deck. She might just be a winmore card though if just copying sundering titans and the like. Anyone have suggestions? The other obvious advantage is being able to play pyroclasm.

wat

izzetron with Through the Breach was a deck for a while

Seems very win more. Even if she doesn't get bolted it's scry 1 a turn until you get something worth copying down.

I forget the card but theres a card that makes a permament into an artifact, u use that to make sahelli into an artifact, then copy herself using her own ability, then repeat til infinite saheeli's.
Im pretty sure they also use sundial of the infinite since they just exile themselves at end of turn, so might as well find a way to keep them there. That or find something that triggers off artifacts hitting the board or an artifact sac outlet for something nutty.

Liquimetal Coating
also half the stuff you wrote is retarded, I doubt you've been playing against the deck even once

Oh, im not that guy, i just know of the combo, I have no idea if its any good or not, cause as I was writing it out it sounded retarded.

Obviously, given you don't even know how planeswalkers work. You can't have 2 saheeli's.

Not really the point, since you can Disciple of the Vault/Altar of the Brood for the win.

It's still bad though.

Well there we go, it's settled, its garbage, next discussion, affinity pick up anything neat in the new set?

possibly Smuggler's Copter

Hell nah, looting while hellbent is a nonbo and the non-creature spots are already taken as it is.

> begin shit post
> give me a Modern restricted list
> end shit post

I could see scrapheap scrounger as a potential 1 or 2 of for mid-late game grind.

Could I get some opinions on this deck I came up with please? Meant to be a casual one.
Idea is to shit out spider tokens with Spider Spawning, Arachnogenesis and the Grafwidow plus doubling season.
The Dark Petition, Seasons Past and Deadbridge Chant to recycle some cards; I was thinking of using some reanimator spells but the only one I really liked was Rescue from the Underworld.

3x Doubling Season
1x Arachnus Web

4x Spider Spawning
2x Arachnogenesis

2x Wayfarer's Bauble

4x Gather the Pack
4x Nissa's Pilgrimage

3x Grafwidow
2x Arachnus Spinner
3x Nyx Weaver
4x Deadly Recluse

2x Dark Petition
1x Seasons Past

1x Vraska the Unseen
1x Deadbridge Chant

Its waterd down edh shit
Better to play normal edh 1vs1

Has a surrender option

10/10

So how bad is red burn splashing black for bump in the night? I really want to play burn but that Naya mana base is a little too deep for me at the moment.

I'm quite fond of rakdos burn myself. I play Kolaghans Command in it to due to all the affinity in my meta.

Bomat Courier?

Regular jund + 4 hangerback walkers

What are you cutting

A thoughtseize and inquisition, dismember and grim lavamancer.
It performs pretty cool. Hangerback is a card that rewards an early play, and negates removal by making a body no matter what (unless path. But early land is sick) and late game is an insane mana sink

Kek