Warhammer 40k General

40k General Frank Edition.

Sorry for no links, just a casual player, looking for discussion.
Could The Punisher take out a Genestealer Cult? Will be posting my (mostly finished) Spawn to encourage discussion/rage about moldlines I realized only after all the glue had set.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1500/702783.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, you tried

A lot of IG players must build a terrible gunline then as I see the tank army vs ork walker army rarely go over that well for them.

Kitbashed Tzneechian Spawn. Would a Sorcerer on a Disc of Tzneetch be able to hide in a squad of Spawn and buff them with Biomancy, or can only a Juggerlord do that?

The important thing is I got the right image.

Unless they're building an army of nothing but Wyverns and battlecannon Leman Russes there's no reason why IG shouldn't be able to blast Ork walker lists into oblivion.

>no other IG regiments in plastic other then VIETNAM and generic western army.
>No plastic valhallans
>No plastic vostroyans
>No plastic steel legions of armegeddon.

Well fuck you GW.

Yeah next time they update IG this should really be the focus.

They have upgrade sprues for Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, etc. they can do the same for IG.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

There isn't much money to be had in it to justify the business decision right now. We likely won't get any new IG content until 8th edition starts.

Biomancy buffs the caster, not the squad. Also, never take marks on sorcerers since the new FAQ requires them to roll on their god's table. It could still join the squad and use them as ablative wounds though

Yeah I know that, I just mean when they do get the 8th edition book, please let the new kits include upgrade sprues for various regiments.

I don't actually play IG and never have but this is one of the main reasons why. If there were more regiments to choose from I'd be a lot more interested. When I was younger I always wanted a Tallarn Desert Raiders list and was pretty upset to find they didn't actually sell them.

Didn't get much input on this question so I'd like to ask it again and see if I can get some more advice.

I'm thinking about ways to equip Death Company.

I know Power Fists are good for Str 9 and AP2 but they are 25 points each.
I can get Power Mauls and Power Axes for 15 points each.
Power Mauls grant Str 7 and Concussive, with 5 Attacks on the charge at Initiative 5.
Power Axes grant Str 6 and AP2 with 5 attacks on the charge.
Power Fists are Str 9 AP2 with 4 attacks on the charge but 10 points more on a 1 wound model.

I'm leaning towards more Mauls and Axes than Fists because I think I'd prefer to throw my Death Company at infantry squads or Monstrous Creatures that are toughness 7 or lower. If something can only be damaged by a Str 9 Power Fist, it's a waste to throw a Death Company Squad at it compared to just firing Lascannons/Missiles/Multi-meltas instead.

Am I wrong here? Could really use some insight before I assemble my models.

It's usually the plasma cannon and tank hunter russes, but it doesn't last long when you have 4++ and 5++ a plenty.

Gets even more lopsided with Lords of War as a lot of the IG Lords of War have to get very lucky to take out a Stompa.

Endurance buffs a squad.

>4++ and 5++ a plenty
Where the fuck is that coming from?

I thought Ork players were constantly whining they have no invulns?

OP here, thanks user!

>GW releases new IG kits for 8th edition
>they're all cadian themed

Does anyone have objective marker ideas for Space Marine/Imperial Knights/Scions? I want to make some.

I did a thing and I'm not sure if I should have. Deathwatch guy with two bolters.

What are the top five 40K memes that should die?

I'll start

>Tau

>3264x1836
>upside down

Apparently I'm from Australia.

>release themed sprues containing 10 heads and regimental icons for vehicles. Maybe themed bits for officers.
>IG is not Cadians with different heads

Sisters of Battle

My phone hates me.

>crimson fists

Yay? Nay?

>Ultramarines are vanilla

Not even an Imperial player but Ultras are pretty cool.

>Orks I2
>sisters sell
>CSMs are good if you take wyverns
>le one riptide per 500 pts
>reposting the same photos of your army or that one game you had thread after thread

Both are good. The PF can potentially obliterate things that the mauls merely do well against and doubles out T4 multi wound targets.

Generally power mauls are the best weapon against the vast majority of targets except when compared to swords vs. 3+. Even more so with DC's extra S.

Kustom Force Fields (5++) and the Mega Force Field (4++).

In general they're the only Invulnerable Saves an Ork army has, and one of them requires you take a detachment or formation that penalizes you harder on the Mob Rule table.

For Ork armies with a low model count, like say Walkers, you can take a better advantage of the 6" bubble, unless you put the Mek with it aboard a Stompa or such (which many do).

Time is running out so I just stole a board desolign I saw on WIP

My plan is to have dried mud flows and high water marks on the building, like it was flooded then dried up again. A vindicare will be in the second story of the building, with his rifle out the window, and my warboss will be in a battlewagon in a motorcade rolling down the road. Ill have a print out card with something along the lines of "Assassination attempt on Warboss MegaKrump in the ruins of Arcturis, one of the cities flooded by the mega tsunami created when MegaKrump's flagship The Ardfist plunged into the ocean of Tellaris V

4++ is from one relic and it's stuff within 6 inches of the model (or only one vehicle if its embarked). 5++ either comes from Morkanauts (which are total and complete garbage) or from Big Meks on bikes/foot, and again is 6 inches only from the model.

If Morkanauts are genuinely a problem for IG then just deep strike some melta behind them. I've run Dread Mob against IG and my Orkanauts get taken out by turn 2 every game, usually by deep striking melta. Also, flyers.

Stompas are a gigantic point sink but can be kitted out with a lot of regenerating HP and a 4++. Biggest issue IG would have there I'd imagine is that a great way to take out Stompas is in CC, where barring some extremely good luck with Stomps, they really can't fight effectively. One option is Knights but that's not pure IG, and a bit luck based.

We have no invulns in close combat, which is sort of a big deal for an army that is supposed to have a good deal of close combat.

>Stompa
Implying I'm going to play a guy bringing Superheavy FW shit to a 1500-1800 pt game.

Not the other user, but every ork player I've seen run the FW custom stompa at 1850. I've also only seen like 2 ork players though

>stompa
>FW

Yay. A solid chapter, with solid rules in Angels of Death, easier to paint than yellow, which I am currently regretting.

No hidden sniper on the Grassy Knoll?

Wait, Crimson Fists got rules? Nice.

What other non-First Founding Chapters have official rules now (besides BTs and FW stuff)?

I see Deldar/Haemies, IG/TM, Crons, Tau, Spess Muhrine, and CSM.

I bet that's your Forgefiend

Crimson Fists use the Imperial Fist chapter tactics, but I think Angels of Death gave them new warlord traits and Pedro gives them a nice buff.

Anyone got a condensed version of the rules leaks for GSC from the last thread?

I wanna plan out my purchases as far as the new kits go. I'd like at least one of each of the new sculpts, and I already have the DWOK models, so I'm just trying to figure out what to run.

Anyone got any Deathwatch yet? I'm curious if they are at least decent and fun.

A quick look at the GSC leaks and it seems like a good army would be based around a bunch of acolyte hybrids inside vehicles, supported by russes and sentinels plus a fuckton of genestealers or other heavy hitters.

What do you guys think of the army?

I'm against power fists personally. Blood Angels have access to so many Initiative buffs and they would be wasted on fists. Despite that, and their points cost, they do have their moments but I would never take more than a single fist in a squad.

>Morkanauts

Those rarely show up as they aren't all that great for walker lists or walker spam in general.

It's usually kans, dreads, the mega dread and just the Stompa, which is only 100 or so points above the Morkanaut in cost.

> flyers

IG also have to worry about those. Namely the blitz bomma and that mek one.

> Stompa

It's usually one of the cheap forge world ones that's dropping pie plates and shooting str 9 and super rockets all over the place.

Even with Ork ballistic skill in mind, they can still delete a russ squadron with ease.

I plan to mount a wounded captain on a 40mm base. He seems like he would be a priority to rescue being the leader of a company and having relics and geneseed.

how do you defend yourself against these cult ambush rules? Especially with one of the weaker armies, say dark eldar?
The come from anywhere, flamer your stuff or charge your boats, wat do? Your flyers will get outmanovered fast.
Plus their dudes are cheaper then yours

What about Dark Eldar monstrous creatures?

Unless I'm missing something, I believe the cults might struggle against things like the Hamonculus formation with all the pain and parasite engines.

I have basically everything, what do you want to know?

Same as earlier I'd love to see some people's photos from their most recent games

Jinking should help, they don't seem to have much in the way of Ignores Cover.

not with that amount of rending and cheap bodies.
Genestealers or squads with the saw etc could tear them to pieces, otherwise, they are simply locked in combat and kill a few dudes per turn.

Flamers for example or melee.
What i worry about is every result that puts a flamer within 8 inches of a raider/venom. Its just toasty time

Don't flamers ignore cover by default?

Some kind of link to read at my own pace would be most preferable.

Anything up on a forum somewhere?

Well yeah I guess if they're running a lot of Neophyte squads with Flamers. I was thinking of loading mine up with mining lasers... I guess I can do both actually? Fuckin sweet.

Use those wyches, they're faster and gsc are t3

There's a post on this page that has most of the info, a couple minor things here and there are a little inaccurate though.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1500/702783.page

Not faster than 'stealers, and they're slower than metamorphs.

Plus the Primaris power on Broodmind will drop their WS, I and A by 1, and DEldar have little in the way of psychic defense.

So are gsc cheese?

I see hand flamers.

Mining lasers might not be a good idea as they are heavy, i.e. you can only snapshoot when you come from reserves. Use grenade launchers and shoot vehicles in the rear

P.S. use as many small squads as possible

pretty sick idea. will be keeping an eye out for it in the wip threads

New Space Marine player here. Choose Imperial (Crimson) Fists as my Chapter of Choice.
My friends play Orks, Tyranids and Imperial Guard and have been playing for a couple years now.
We have a shop nearby with four tables and a good group of guys. Mostly I see myself playing with my friends though.

My friend gave me the Librarian from Overkill so that is my HQ of choice right now.
I bought a couple bikes as well. The Twin-Linked boltguns seemed good for Imperial Fists.
Are Centurians good if so which ones and how should I use them properly.

Here is my list for 750pts.

Librarian - ML2, Auspex, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs, Force Sword
5 Sternguard - Combi-Gravs in a Drop Pod
5 Scouts - Landspeeder Storm
5 Tacticals - Meltagun, Combi-Melta, Razorback w/ Twinlinked Heavy Bolters and a Storm Bolter
Attack Bike - Heavy Bolter
5 Bikers - Combi-Grav, 2 Grav-Gun

745/750

So how's that look?
Would my Librarian be better off with a Combi-Grav in the Drop Pod with Sternguards.

They usually play 1500pts at the shop but I have gotten four games in now. Two against Guard, one with orks and the latest against Ultramarines.
Beat guard both times but Orks and Ultramarines messed me up.

I was considering the Betrayal at Calth and dropping my scouts and landspeeder. A bunch more tacticals in either Rhinos or Drop Pods would probably work well.
Ultramarines told me I should work my way up to a Battle Company as thats the best way to play SM at 1500 apparently.

They're a necessary cheese in Shooting Edition: The Shootening, Melee Armies Need Not Apply.

Wiping the smug faces off of Eldarfags by drowning them in melee bodies is going to be worth it.

depends. Against tau they are autolose.
Early
warning
override

There is a psychic power to give them relentless, but yeah I guess relying on that is not a good idea.

Grenade launchers are only S 6 with krak, aren't they? Even against rear armor that's pretty bad.

Also yeah I'm planning to do small squads, although you lose out on the benefit of the restoring d6 models if they all get wiped in one turn.

Storm bolter seems like a waste on the Razorback.

Librarian could be nice to buff Sternguard shooting in their pod, in which case grav would be okay.

Grav might not actually be that good against that lineup of opponents, what with high armor saves and all. Unless the Imperial Guard guy runs parking lots, in which case you might need them.

Interceptor only works if they aren't already locked in close combat, and you can use Cult Ambush during your Deployment.

A good turn 1 for GSC and Tau is fuuuuuuuucked.

yes,but
grenade launchers are also cheap
and assault so you can charge afterwards
the chances are high that with enough small cheap squads you get something. Can you take meltaguns. Please say you cannot take melta guns

I'm making the little metal circles in the ground from DoW1. The ones you had to send guys to capture and build listening posts on. To represent scoring, I'll magnetize a flag to stick on it.

The Emperor

krootscreen and riptide Riptide is easy to screen

Multi-meltas on the Sentinels. None on troop squads.

MM on sentinel, you sure. Rumors said scout and armored, MM is dropsentinel only (FW Elysia)

Yeah except no one runs kroot right now in competitive lists. They're gonna have to change that. Also if I'm ripping and tearing Kroot I'm not getting shot at.

If they're IG sentinel squadrons then they won't have access to Multimeltas.

I'm more worried Genecult will get access to the assault Russes (Punishers, Executioners and Demolishers)

Maybe I read multi-laser and got it confused.

I know we have access to multi-meltas on SOMETHING because they're in the weapon summary page in the back.

I like Centurions most people don't because they think they look ugly. I would get a Devastator squad with bolters and missiles for sure.

You could always use more Tac marines I use 20 for my troops.

Leman Russ tanks can take sponson Multimeltas.

>I'm more worried Genecult will get access to the assault Russes (Punishers, Executioners and Demolishers)
It's been confirmed that they do not.

Only the standard Russ variants. Battle Tank, Exterminator, Vanquisher, whatever the other one is.

you rip kroot in your melee phase. then your precious dudes stand there all alone infront the guns. no cover, no armor, only squishy and guns.

Stormbolter is there to give an alternative to a destroyed weapon for five points.

What power should I roll on, I have been using divination.

Imperial fist run two Lemans and Chimera Vetsso the Grav has been nice. He just brings more of both for bigger games.

Orks has a ton of bikes and artillery. In bigger games he brings a battlewagon with the armored orks.

I just thought Grav seemed like the most well rounded weapon type.

Devastator Centurions are space marines strongest unit that's not a psyker or formation. 3-5 of them with grav cannon arms and hurricane chests will kill anything in the game that's not a titan. Librarians to back them up make them even better. Invisibility increases their defense as they are weak to guns that have AP2 or AP1, and Phase Form lets them shoot through walls and ignore cover.

especially the exterminator will be a good metal-box-opener for them. cheap durable.

Thank the Emperor for that.

Don't they snapfire those if they have the battle cannon though?

Unless the combat continues into a second turn.

Or I just erase the kroot with flamers, demo charges and rapid fire before charging with a different unit.

Yeah, that's why you put them on Vanquishers or Exterminators for that delicious AT spam.

>and Phase Form lets them shoot through walls and ignore cover.
What. What the fuck is this cancer. Is this one of the new powers out of AoD? I guarantee that's getting banned in my store.

the more i read that, the more i want to see a videoreport
genestealer cult vs genestealer cult.

If that is as stupid as i think it will be, I am right and the codex is .....

>then your precious dudes stand there all alone infront the guns
>precious
I don't think you understand how cheap and disposable the GCult dudes are. You can kill 50 of them and I'll still have enough to get the job done, while summoning more.

I wonder how they fluff cult vs cult encounters? There must be something written for it in the book somewhere, they always have stories on infighting to justify the matchup.

>3 completely different camo schemes on the tanks

this triggers the autist

actually I do. Which is why I think the codex will be terribly unfun to play against.
Your dudes are cheap as shit and deploy better then a unit with a vehicle. Some can even melee practically everything.

It is. Only one warp charge too, while Perfect Timing is two charges for less boosts.

>YOUR PICTURE OF THE 4 ARMED EMPEROR IS GREEN, NOT RED
>YOU FUCKING INFIDEL I WILL FEED YOU YOUR OWN LARYNX
Done.

.>most recent games
okie doke

As every cult is beholden to their one patriach two cults on a 500 million hive city sounds rather plausible. Whether they hate each other like 2 hivefleets is a question i cannot answer

Better get some melee units out to counter them then.

What army do you play?

The Four Armed Emperor is only one religious icon, different cults have different things than that.