The Plan to Restore the Emperor

Brothers.

During my meditations I felt a presence touch my mind. At first it was distant, cold, like a pinprick of light just on the edge of perception. But quickly it became a raging nova that surrounded my psyche. And yet...it was gentle, it was...familiar. And then he spoke to me.

It was him. The Emperor.

I had broken through the warp and touched a fragment of his shattered mind and in the fraction of a second that our minds touched, he bestowed upon me an image of him, illuminated in a aura to rival Sol, stepping forth from the golden throne. His body restored to its original youthful vigor and strength. The Emperor opened his mouth to speak and he uttered a single word. A name: "Isha". And then the image was gone. Replaced with fester and rot and a daemonic laugh echoed throughout my mind. I retreated quickly.

For 12 days and nights I considered the implications of this vision. I slaved over ancient records and tomes until I finally managed to develop an answer...

The Emperor had bestowed upon me a vision of how we might bring him back to his former glory, so that he might lead us once more. The knife-eared scum venerated a goddess of healing, and while yes, I too am disgusted my acknowledging her existence while the only one who may claim the title of God is our Emperor...it was said she could heal any wound, no matter how severe. According to ancient Eldar scripture, this goddess, this Isha, is the slave of the dark god Nurgle.

This Isha holds the key to reviving the Emperor, my brothers. If we could find a way to liberate her from Nurgles grasp...she would be able to restore the Emperor.

Make haste, Brothers! We must formulate a plan to see this dream realized! Not only would our Lord and Protector be returned to us, we would also deal the forces of chaos a grievous blow!

How might we go about this? Speak now!

You want us...

To march in to the heart of the Warp in to the putrid gardens of Nurgle

To rescue the ELDAR GODDESS

Because she MIGHT decide to revive the God Emperor

Yes.

GET THE ANGRY TITANS, BATTLE BROTHERS

WERE GOING PURGING

That's a terrible idea and you should absolutely not do it. In fact, I forbid it outright.

hey Ghazghkull, i heard those nurgling gits are greener than the orks!

Everyone's looking for some reason for Eldar and Humanity to get frisky on all levels.

That whorebiscuit Slaanesh must be behind it.

NEED CHAINBLADE MADE OF CHAINBLADES OR GTFO

Dunno brother. I must consult my Magic Painglove...for three weeks.

Just send in the Emprahasque.

ha ha ha...honorable battle brother.

I would not except anything less than Chainblades with teeth made out of chainblades with teeth made out of chainblades.

What if Isha is corrupted beyond limits? Beeing fed with the most innovational space aids 24/7 probably takes it's toll on you after some time. Also noone says that Isha would want to heal Emperor back to his older glory - she is an eldar goddess after all and Imperium at it's former glory would mean that things WILL go downhill for eldar.

This plan smells fishy. For it to succeed Imperium has to make an agreement with Eldar, and we all know how it'll go.
>OI! ANUVA UN WUZ HIDIN` ROIGHT NEXT TO DA BOSS TENT!
>DAKKA BRAKKA

Deploying the Emprasque would be overkill. For any situation.

We need to send in the ultramarines

Easy, tell Kaldor Draigo to pick her up if he happens to be in the neighbourhood. In fact, I think the Emperor might have dialled the wrong mind when he contacted you.

He already burned down Nurgle's Garden once. He's not going to go back and do it again.

Yeah, sure, why not. Tell this guy where to go, and that Isha must be saved.

Are you suggesting that Kaldor Draigo, greatest space marine to ever lived, would shirk in his duty with the Emperor's life at stake because HE DOESN"T WANT TO DO THE SAME THING TWICE!!! HERESY!!! -Blam-blampitty-blam-blam-

Isha will not help him. Emperor's body is shattered, like a vessel of delicate crystal - never to be mended or made whole again, for there is no bonding to put the pieces back together.
Emperor's soul is no longer fit for this vessel either - burgeoning with power of 10,000 years of sacrifices and trillions of faithful prayers and utterances every second, his essence is more anchored in the Warp than in the material realm, Golden Throne being the last shred of humanity that he has left.

If He were to be reborn, His shattered psyche would need to be recollected and the spirit freed of the shattered body to materialize in a new form, for if He were to be freed of his mortal shell without shards of his original spirit that he lost in his fight with Hours, all of his power and control would be lost in a maelstrom that would destroy Terra and doom Him to existence as a new Chaos god - free of mortal core and mortal soul, a pure gestalt of psychic power.

Salvation lies not with alien but with Mankind - only devotion and prayer can guide His lost pieces back to Terra, where He will rise in glory.

You realize if you wake up the Emperor the Imperium goes to shit, right?

He stands against almost everything the Imperium is about.

It'd be Horus Heresy 2.0, but this time with no Horus, just everyone against everyone.