Connected to Balkanet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Squatting_Squats.trid
>Kebab_Identifier.sim
>Time_To_Refight_Battle_Of_Kosovo.pdf
>Shape_[Tracksuit].fmla

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3345 (1% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Why do we not have any cool metatypes, Vlatko?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running DestroyingSerbs.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Why have the Balkans never really been brought up? It seems like the Awakening and the resulting chaos would have been the perfect opportunity for the Slavs to purge every other, slightly different Slav, giving us a nice unrestricted war. I want a war in the mountains and the forests, dammit.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQa3FGs71N1mR3wZePd4RZR8F760r4n8Tkkngr63qkY/edit?usp=sharing
shadowhelix.de/Balkan
youtube.com/watch?v=JwCuKXAYoH4
imgur.com/a/CceWn
pastebin.com/HrdXJX72
mega.nz/#!5pVk0KzJ!14T9voaoC7-A5HWd60F3kUEU8Ui74_t1MMExspJWIbA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey chummers, how's the best way to play a mage? My group is fairly new and I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

>Hey chummers, how's the best way to play a mage?
Take important utility powers like Improved Invisibility and Heal, for example.

Invest heavily in Assensing, because it's stupid-good and you're the only guy in the group who has it.

Have at least one direct damage combat spell, because you're also the only guy who can reliably fight against spirits.

During your down time, summon and bind powerful spirits, so that when shit hits the fan you can make a wish and have one or more spirits do their best to fulfill it.

Look into acquiring Foci. A decently-high Force Health Sustaining Focus, for example, is a truly beautiful thing as far as sustaining both Improved Reflexes and Heal is concerned.

The three stats you need to have at maximum or one-less-than-maximum are Willpower, Intuition, and whatever your Drain stat is (Logic for Hermetics, Charisma for Shamans, and other stats for other traditions). Everything else is technically optional, but I've never seen anyone regret buying things like Body, Agility, and some kind of firearms skill for shooting at people.

Your attack spells won't be as powerful as bullets. Being good at shooting will usually be a better idea than being good at attack spells, barring enemies specifically vulnerable to your magic or unusually immune to your bullets.

Max magic and your drainstat, get willpower to 5. Decent body and reactions/intuition are also good, but those are a later priority unless you're an intuition tradition. I recommend an intuition tradition unless you want to be a face, makes getting initiative easier.

Get assensing, improve reflexes, heal, trid phantasm, stunball, a Force 4 Sustaining (Health) focus. Get other spells too, plenty of other useful ones like levitate.

Put at least one point in the Athletics group, the Pistols skill as a backup, and get loads of assensing. You also want good arcana since you need it to initiate.

Find a cool tradition, match it with a cool mentor spirit.

Then figure out why your mage is associated with both and your on your way to a cool guy.

You're not the combat guy. Try to stay out of it if reasonably possible. Some of your spells like Trid Phantasm and Improved Invisibility are great for keeping yourself and the group out of trouble. Use them for that. When in combat, find somewhere to hide and summon a spirit to fight if you have no better way to contribute, which is probably whenever nobody needs a heal.

If you have resources to spare, pick up a good medkit and be okayish at using it, you should use a medkit before you cast heal if at all possible.

Go with a Logic tradition if you want to be good at Logic/First Aid and be very knowledgeable about academic subjects.

Go with a Charisma tradition if you want to be able to bind lots of spirits and serve the party as a Face.

Go with an Intuition tradition if you want to be amazing at assensing and make a good, functional battle mage.

>Logic/First Aid
Or Medicine/First Aid, rather.

Has anyone tried any of the run and gun alternate rules for combat?

>Has anyone tried any of the run and gun alternate rules for combat?
Nope.

>Invest heavily in Assensing, because it's stupid-good and you're the only guy in the group who has it.
I always take astral perception for my adepts.

>pistols
No, fuck pistols. Choose automatics, especially if it's your only firearms skill.

Disagreed. They may be better in a stand-up fight, but being able to pack a savalette guardian in a concealed holster is a lot better as a holdout weapon than some shitty machine pistol or trying to hide an SMG.

Easy breakdown and stock removal help you conceal automatics.

Then you can just substitute if you're forced to use a shitty pistol.

Yes, you can carry that shitty peashooter in case you absolutely have to use it.

>Easy Breakdown

Yeah, because when you need to bring a concealed gun into a place on your person, you want one that takes 3 Complex Actions to make ready to fire.

I'd much rather be packing it as my concealed carry than a Ceska Black Scorpion or whatever the fuck. Automatics doesn't start seriously edging it out until the Smartgun X, and that's too big to fit in a Concealed Holster at that point.

It has burst fire, stopping power, and concealment all in one fantastic package.

Thanks guys! Are there any cool spell combos or unusual/creative ways to use magic?

I'm giving my players a dossier on their next target who escaped from a border patrol holding cell just outside the everglades. What do you guys think? Also what else would go into a dossier?

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQa3FGs71N1mR3wZePd4RZR8F760r4n8Tkkngr63qkY/edit?usp=sharing

Also would fingerprints even be used anymore, or have other biometrics taken precedence?

>Are there any cool spell combos or unusual/creative ways to use magic?
Yes. Basically literally endless ones. Doubly so if you combine it with mundane skills. Do you have anything more specific in mind?

Physical Barrier + car chase = fun times

Influence and Alter Memory if you are a face mage are the two greatest tools you could ever have.

If you are asking us it wont be that creative omae, after all its someone elses.

Pick a tradition YOU want. Branch out when you find something you really like.

>Also would fingerprints even be used anymore, or have other biometrics taken precedence?

Fingerprints are still useful, as part of a complete package of biometrics. Anything they can use to identify you, they will collect.

Fashion bondage.

Yes. You get to position, assemble and then go do the deed.

>Alter Memory
Is that even a spell in 5e?

Shadow spells 20

Cheers, thanks.

Don't mention it, you're welcome.

There's so many spells I'm not really sure what to do. I know there's a spell that lets you make a blade, and I just thought it'd be cool to play as a spellsword but I wouldn't know how to make that viable. Based on all the advice I got, sounds like I need an intuition tradition, the increased reflexes spell, a Health foci, and probably some kind of movement enhancement spell.

>movement enhancement spell
I have some bad news, chummer.

Pick spells tailored towards your subrole.

A lot of the spells are useful in some way, at least if you're imaginative enough, so you don't have to be afraid of trap options. Some are subpar, but it will be obvious if you read the description.

>I have some bad news, chummer.
I was kind of afraid of that. So an invisibility or some kind of illusion spell then. Alright, thanks guys! I'll work on the character concept and see what my GM says.

Gecko Crawl is a thing and is pretty useful
Levitate is also a fun standard even if it isn't true flight

But if you have a Spirit Of Air bound, the literal Movement power is a perennial favorite for literal SANIC

Shoot them all.

What did he mean by this?

Water, Earth, and Beasts also get Movement, iirc.

Barriers are always fun, especially when mana barriers get involved with dual natured beings.
Shapechange is great, always.
Challenge yourself; take 2 utility spells (invis and heal for example) then base the rest on a theme or gimmick and build around it.
My group uses damage roll over (aint no kill like overkill), and size and movement modifiers (second nature since we all play battletech).

>we all play battletech

Unrelated to SR, but I'm doing some design work for a tabletop game halfway between Steel Battalion and Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Does Battletech have any standout subsystems that should be studied/lifted, or is all just holistically OK?

Trying to build a get-away Driver with a Control Rig who can shoot a bit.

Should i get a BMW M8 (Muscle Car) or an BMW X Infinity (SUV)?

The M8 has a really nice combo of 6 Speed, 3 ACC, 12 Body and 11 Armor, while the SUV is slower (4 Speed, 2 ACC), but has a bit more mass (Body 14) and Armor (11).
Cost is almost identical though.
I'm leaning towards the M8, but a SUV might be a bit more of an Allrounder?

Do you like accountantech or tabletech? Do you like autistic levels of detail in the ruleset? Do you like your mechs falling over and failing to get up when they get shot? If so, battletech's perfect for you.

Battletech's not a fluid system, and doesn't adapt to gondoms unless you were aiming for a detailed blow-by-blow system. You might consider looking at the LOS, facing/firing arcs, and roll modifiers available.

I can't find either of those in any books. What are you referencing?

Some Krautcars from Kraut-Only Books.

You can look up the stats in Chummer

Thanks.

SUV. Remember, there's more than just the stats to consider- people are going to notice the muscle car a hell of a lot more than the SUV will stand out. Muscle cars are flashy and make you look like you're trying to get attention, SUVs make people think you're a corporate soccer mom and therefore uninteresting. You don't want attention on your getaway.

Also, if you're going rigger, I recommend eventually having multiple vehicles.

>Material affect by this spell cannot be used as a material link.
>Each hit scored by the caster inflicts a -1 dice pool modifier to any skill tests made to collect and use sterilized biomaterial for forensics or material link purposes.
>or material link purposes.

So can material affected by this spell used in material links or not?

RAW, it says no and then has a redundant 3 words in a sentence about forensics.

The former part states no and the second part implies yes but with a penalty.

It doesn't explicitly say you can, it says there's a penalty to something you can't do anyway. It's pointless and useless, but welcome to CGL's writing.

SUVs also have the seating to fit the team, especially if you have trolls

You can't use the sterilized material for a material link, you can still try to gather physical evidence like the blood and DNA ect at a penalty.
Cgl editing at it again.
Fun fact if the investigator is fast enough and good enough they could detect the astral trace of the spell and track the mage that way.

For me it seems like:
>Each hit adds a -1 DPM for tests to find material normally used for forensic tests or as material links, if you search for things not used in those then you get no penalty
>the things you DO find may be used in forensic tests but not as material links. The last part is not immediately obvious. You may find things such as hair and blood, and only after finding can you discern that they aren't useable for that

Except you can just scrub the signature if you aren't in a hurry. Takes 3 seconds per force, complex action, no test required.

But I would also carry c-sq and some kind of an explosive that contaminates the whole area.

You may be right, and it does make sense.

Yeah it's not hard to leave no trace if you have a few minutes. Almost not worth including in your game unless your group is black trench coat as fuck

It's a way to punish your players if they aren't keeping attention.

Exactly what happens to your tech expert who forgets about ticking Overwatch score.

Well you punish then once, then everytime they deal with it until it becomes an annoyance/tax on the players.
Alternatively it's assumed your players do it every time, time willing, unless there's an extreme time crunch and you have them decide what countermeasures theyes want to try and find the time for.

I don't quite agree. If you want something done, you have to mention it to the GM. I think it's a rather realistic component of the game, actually. You grow complacent, you suffer for it.

Within reason, of course. There's no point in having to mention that you lock up when you leave or that you flush a toilet after you've taken a dump.

>Within reason, of course. There's no point in having to mention that you lock up when you leave or that you flush a toilet after you've taken a dump.
I disagree. Even details like breathing should be mentioned, since proper breathing control is crucial to Hamon.

Right if it's something specific or unusual your gm shouldn't assume you did it.

But if after every fight your mage casts sterilize and scrubs his astral signature to the point of monotony maybe it shouldn't be bothered with.
Exceptions being chase scenes or like reinforcements are on their way.

"Do you take the time to clean the scene and risk another fight? "

Now it matters and can change the outcome of the run in a real way.

Casting Sterilize could get you extra stun so it naturally should be resolved with announcing the action, rolling and then resisting drain. Afterwards it's just a matter of mentioning that "I spend (F x 3) seconds scrubbing the signature". The GM will notify if something happens during that time.

If they are pressed for time, then the GM should ask what you just mentioned.

Right the drain might matter, tho its f-3 so it's not hard to cast.
At the end of the day it depends on the group. It's the sort of thing where my players would do it without my direct asking and report results/drain if any.

Drain is 2 at minimum, and I've seen people glitch their resist rolls with 10 dice before. Besides, the amount of dice in spellcasting test does matter.

>It's the sort of thing where my players would do it without my direct asking and report results/drain if any.

Which they should. You should only step in if they're pressed for time, or they forgot to cast it.

>Shitty Glock clones with massively oversized compensator
What else would I expect from google.

Petrify and Shape Stone is a personal favorite, and I intend to play a mage based around those, Artisan, and being a (Possibly? Not sure on this part) Black Magician artist.

I recall seeing something similar, where though the prototype silencer was attached to a glock/clone, the final design involved a different pistol and fully integrated suppressor.

This? Because even pic related doesn't look at all practical. Looks real front-heavy, moreso than most suppressed pistols.

Black Magics more about mental manipulation like Gepetto then simply being a awful person. All traditions can go toxic, you dont need to go extra spooky when you could go frankenstein instead.

Hey /srg/, NewTokenAnon here.

The Tokens are done. In total, there are 570 tokens that I've made, and it's all zipped up and ready to go. I am, however, having a bit of an issue here.

I was debating on compiling the original TokenAnon pack into my own and posting it around as this big, free resource for anybody wanting to run stuff on Roll20 or whatever. There would be two folders - one for his, one for mine, and both of 'em just stuck in a .rar. I'd probably post it on here, on the leddit, and on the main Shadowrun forums just to make it widely accessible for GMs and players alike.

I'm giving credit to the original TokenAnon, but it still makes me feel iffy if I distribute it cause y'know - not my work.

Should I just not give a shit and upload it anyways, or just take it out and distribute my own?

Also - to that one guy a dozen threads ago who posted an imgur link of Troll artwork - please relink it, and I'll start working on a second pack.

From a purely mechanical standpoint, is there anything wrong with Pixies?

>Should I just not give a shit and upload it anyways, or just take it out and distribute my own?

Just put it up. It's an anonymous board, nobody gives a shit if it was done by you or him or fucking Gygax himself. They're not reading the byline, they're getting tiny images for their games of imagination and too much match.

Define 'wrong'. Mechanically they're pretty much perfect for every role that isn't 'take a bunch of hits to the face'.

From the forums
Negatives
>- Their on-foot speed sucks. Again, understandable design choice, they have tiny legs.
>- Uneducated. To use your own argument: They just don't have the chance to catch up with our society, being X-thousand years old does that.
>- Maximum two body and strength. Understandable, except for the fact that, through magical augmentation, or any other kind (Pixie 'ware is "Extremely rare" not "Impossible under normal circumstances," and don't get me started on PT), they can get up to peak human strength for the low low cost of a force 2 quickened spell.

Positives:

>+ Racial max of 7 in Logic and Intuition, and 8 in literally everything else. Adding that all together, that's 10 free attribute points for reduced body and strength. Trolls get +8 free attribute points in exchange for a little off the top in 4 categories (A lot if we're talking Charisma)
>+ As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
>+ Astral Perception: That's right, the thing that only mages get and adepts/mysads have to pay for? Pixies get it for free by nature of being pixies, and they can turn it on and off at will!
>+ Concealment: Free critter power!
>+x2/x6 Flying speed, +2 meters to flying movement. Ridiculous pixie speed so long as you don't completely burn out!
>+7 edge: They're basically humans except better in every way except bench-pressing, because you can just take magic to fill in the blanks and make them have well beyond peak human forms, further giving mundane people the shaft.
>+Vanishing: No body, no evidence! Win-win for the Johnson if the pixie starts bleeding out and dies!

What are the absolute best special forces group in Shadowrun, chummers?

SAS?
Tír Ghosts?
Firewatch?
The Red Samurai?

Who'd you least want to meddle with?

They have brought up the Balkans, though.
shadowhelix.de/Balkan

The Balkans are a mess. Micronations rise and fall all the time, and Catholics/Orthodox Christians/Muslims are constantly fighting each other. Sarajevo is the most stable city in the region (which isn't saying much), groups like S-K and I think maybe the UN pour a bunch of money into it to keep it that way.

As in is there a particularly good reason to disallow them from games, either for them being too strong or too weak?

In this specific case, my GM is somewhat unsure about them, and I'm interested in playing a pixie magician who's an artist, and messing around with Shape X spells, Petrify, and hopefully enjoying being a little flying dude carving out blocks of granite twenty times my size on my downtime.

Just include a text note in the archive that the original tokens were taken from someone else.

The CIA.

We know quite a bit about Firewatch, Ghosts, those Azzie groups, and every other big name SF, but we virtually know nothing about what happened to SAD/SOG or JSOC and the CIA in general.

As a runner, I'd be afraid of any person who can get more than one group of SF to go after them, and that's what the CIA does. Fuck around enough with UCAS, then you get 1st SFOD-D and DEVGRU on your ass.

The IRS collection guys, naturally.

youtube.com/watch?v=JwCuKXAYoH4

I expected better taste from you user.

I've allowed them in my games with dual-natured and troll-tax for gear purchasing, since they're otherwise Human++, but it largely comes down to the specific character.

>As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
Halve all Penetration and Damage stats on Pixie-Modified weaponry. A pixie using something with a regular load and caliber (IE the non-modified gun) is subject to the heavy weapon rules. This means a pixie firing a normal sized gun will take an amount of stun damage equal to the weapon's DV whenever they fire it.

Aren't they just naturally Dual-Natured?

>>+ As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
Wait, where does it say that? Speaking as someone playing a pixie, that sounds kinda BS.
Also, what pixie gets strength 2 at chargen when they could max another stat instead?

>Speaking as someone playing a pixie,
Kill yourself plsssssssssssssssss

Nope. Astral Perception and that's it. Magical creature that flies with the power of magic and disappears in a puff of magic when it dies somehow isn't dual natured. Fucking pixies.
It gets better, because pixies don't even pay troll tax per RAW. There's a fluff bit in the pixie entry about a pixie killing a Telstrian exec using a custom-modified rifle, but there's no mechanical cost for it.

I know this'll probably just get responded to with le epik spoonfeeding meme, but does anyone know where to find information on the Path of the Wheel, and more specifically the Path of the Warrior? SG has a little, but doesn't seem to go all that in-depth, online I've been able to find next to nothing so far, and I've only found tiny little snippets in other books. Maybe I'm just missing it or something, but I can't seem to find this shit to save my life.

It's shadowrun expect nothing.

The point is the Wildcats are supposed to be so much better SF that its actually really annoying and the most famous shadowrun campaign had them be low budget retards.

So there you go.

imgur.com/a/CceWn
This one?

That's because it was a terrible idea that should never have existed. That said, Tir na Nog, Magic in the Shadows, Street Magic and Street Grimoire.

Why was it a terrible idea?

Alright, /srg/, it's done. Enjoy the tokens. Ignore the readme (or don't), I'm too lazy to upload a new one without it.

pastebin.com/HrdXJX72

Yup, that's the one, thanks. I'll get to work on these at some point.

A while back I asked for assassins to cause chaos during a birthday event the runners were attending as fake security.

I just wanted to thanks SRG for the memorable line

"Wait, what? Fine! What's the armor rating on the cake? No, I know that, but I just need to take a potshot at the ork adept stripper to keep him from getting to the clowns explosives."

Null sweat, chummer. Thanks for putting this together.

I love it when a plan comes together.

>There doesn't seem to be a Dragonfall art book or a rip of the character portraits, but if somebody is able to find them, that would be perfect

I've got the portraits for you, too.

mega.nz/#!5pVk0KzJ!14T9voaoC7-A5HWd60F3kUEU8Ui74_t1MMExspJWIbA

Thats just what you get for looking for prissy elf shit.

Thanks, man. I'll put these into the queue as well.